TVD/TO Oneshots

By CaptainSophieStark

Requests are: Closed A book full of one shots (sometimes with a second part) that I write for different chara... More

At Peace With You (Finn Mikaelson)
Yellow Paint (Elijah Mikaelson)
Paintball and Proposals (Elijah Mikaelson)
The Calm One (Elijah Mikaelson)
Diplomacy (Elijah Mikaelson)
Power Outage (Elijah Mikaelson)
Overprotective (Elijah Mikaelson)
A New Lab (Elijah Mikaelson)
Whom (Elijah Mikaelson)
Like A Damn Disney Prince (Elijah Mikaelson)
A Much-Needed Vacation (Elijah Mikaelson)
Lost Memories (Elijah Mikaelson)
Fairy Lights (Klaus Mikaelson)
Mental Block (Klaus Mikaelson)
New Orleans (Klaus Mikaelson)
Immortality (Klaus Mikaelson)
Nosferatu (Klaus Mikaelson)
Fatherhood (Klaus Mikaelson)
The Curse of the Sun and the Moon (Klaus Mikaelson)
The 60s (Klaus Mikaelson)
Witches Get Stitches (Klaus Mikaelson)
Like Home (Klaus Mikaelson)
Birthmark (Kol Mikaelson)
Returned (Kol Mikaelson)
Bad Taste (Kol Mikaelson)
Pool Shark (Kol Mikaelson)
Pub Trivia Dynasty (Kol Mikaelson)
Ghost Tour (Kol Mikaelson)
Mad Scientist (Kol Mikaelson)
Miscommunication (Kol Mikaelson)
Prom (Rebekah Mikaelson)
Human (Rebekah Mikaelson)
Better Than Revenge (Rebekah Mikaelson)
Newly Turned (Marcel Gerard)
Little Sister (Marcel Gerard)
Garlic (Damon Salvatore)
Out on the Town (Damon Salvatore)
Can't Sneak Out (Damon Salvatore)
The Vastness of the Universe (Damon Salvatore)
Study Break (Stefan Salvatore)
Fresh Start (Stefan Salvatore)
Couples Costume (Stefan Salvatore)
Reverse Trick-Or-Treat (Enzo St. John)
Halloween (Enzo St. John)
Rubber Duck (Enzo St. John)
Subtext (Enzo St. John)
Fettuccini Alfredo (Kai Parker)
Anyone But the Spin Doctors (Kai Parker)
I Made You Breakfast (Kai Parker)
The Old Me Never Left (Kai Parker)
Witch's Intuition (Mason Lockwood)
Type A (Caroline Forbes)
The Perfect, Fail-Proof Plan (Caroline Forbes)
Trust Me (Matt Donovan)
California (Matt Donovan)
Ghosts (Matt Donovan)
Competitive (Matt Donovan)
The Undead Scourge (Harry Potter/The Originals Crossover)

Brooklyn Nine-Nine (Matt Donovan)

194 3 0
By CaptainSophieStark

Summary: Y/N is a retired Hunter, and they've been dating Matt for almost a year. However, thanks to the couple's busy schedules (and various supernatural dramas), it's rare for them to find big chunks of time where they can just relax and be together. Finally, they've decided to dedicate a day to finishing Brooklyn Nine-Nine and spending time together, and Y/N is DETERMINED to make sure nothing gets in their way.

A/N: Despite the title and premise, there are NO B99 spoilers in this fic.

***************

"Matt!" I yelled.

"What?"

"Don't forget the popcorn!"

"Wouldn't dream of it!"

I grinned to myself as I turned back around on the couch to face the TV again, instead of shouting backwards to the kitchen. Matt and I were finally going to watch the final season of Brooklyn Nine-Nine today, and we both wanted everything to be perfect.

We'd started watching the show together just after we started dating, and even though we'd been dating almost a year now, we still hadn't finished it. Either I was away at school, Matt was busy with his deputy work and training, or—my least favorite—the resident Mystic Falls supernatural community created drama that got in our way.

I hadn't known about all the supernatural drama here when Matt and I first started dating, but I really should've. I'd been a Hunter in New York, but I'd decided to move to a smaller town and focus on my schoolwork instead, hoping for something closer to a normal life.

Mystic Falls was just about the worst place I could've chosen. I probably would've left as soon as I found out, but Matt was here, and I was wiling to stay for him.

I'd been home from school on break when Matt couldn't keep me out of the supernatural world of Mystic Falls anymore. He'd gotten roped into being bait for some new evil or other, and when he hadn't come home one night and I couldn't reach him, I went out to find him. I'd almost staked Caroline Forbes before he could explain to everybody that we were mutual friends, not foes.

Ever since then, I'd been rabid about trying to keep a good balance of supernatural drama in our lives. I kept trying to get Matt to move away, but he insisted Mystic Falls was his home. So, we stayed, and we made it work.

We'd recently decided to start making space for more days like today, to just enjoy life and each other with no supernatural drama. Brooklyn Nine-Nine had been our show for so long, and today, nothing was going to get in the way of us watching and enjoying the final season in peace.

I wouldn't let it.

"Alright, that's all the snacks, drinks, and blankets in the house," said Matt, setting the popcorn on the table in front of us before sitting next to me. "Anything else we need?"

"Not a thing," I said with a smile. "Let's do this. It's been a long time coming."

Matt smiled, positively giddy by his standards as he wrapped one arm around my shoulders and pushed play on the remote with the other hand. I snuggled into his chest as the first episode of the final season finally, finally started playing.

I sighed, listening to Matt's heartbeat as we watched the familiar intro. It instantly relaxed me to just lay with him like this, both of us breathing and taking time for ourselves, away from the crazy of the rest of the world.

I should've known it wouldn't be that easy.

Matt and I were just starting episode five when the doorbell rang. I sighed and leaned my head back as Matt paused the show.

"I'll get it," he said, groaning a little as he got up. I sat forward, listening carefully as Matt opened the door. Hopefully this wouldn't be a big deal, and Matt could just quickly tell whoever was at the door to get lost.

I heard the murmur of voices, and then a louder voice that I instantly recognized.

"C'mon, Donovan!" cried Damon Salvatore. "Why are you being so obnoxious about this? Come make yourself useful!"

I sighed as I stood up and headed to the front door. I turned the corner to find Matt and Damon arguing in the entryway. Matt kept trying to push Damon out, but Damon stopped paying Matt an ounce of attention when he saw me.

"Y/L/N," he said.

"Salvatore."

"Now I get it," said Damon, turning back to Matt. "You're putting a date over helping us protect Mystic Falls. You know, a lot of people would say that's falling down on the job, Deputy."

"Alright Damon, shut the fuck up and get out of here," I said, walking down the hallway to where he still stood next to my boyfriend and the open door. Matt glared at him, but as much as I loved him, he'd never really been able to handle the supernatural intrusions into his life.

"You know, I thought a Hunter would care a little more about trying to keep the world safe from supernatural threats," said Damon as I reached him.

"Well it's a good thing I'm not a Hunter anymore then, isn't it?" I said. I'd finally gotten close enough to start shoving Damon towards the door, and although he wasn't moving yet, I was determined to change that. "Although, if you don't get out of this house and let Matt and I have one, single day without your bullshit, I might have to go get some of my old equipment out and make you stay out of this house."

"Now Y/N... don't tell me you're trying to threaten me? I know you wouldn't kill me, no matter how much smack you talk."

"I never said I'd kill you," I said. I took a step back from trying to push Damon out the door and reached into my purse, which I'd left on an end table in the hallway. It didn't take me long to find what I was looking for, and I quickly slipped on my vervain-laced gloves before going back to shoving Damon out the door.

This time, when I made contact, he practically jumped out of his skin and back over the threshold of the door. As soon as the contact stopped, he glared at me, but I just grinned right back.

"That was a dirty trick, Y/N," he said, taking a step forward again. I just held up my hands and wiggled my fingers.

"So is trying to use my boyfriend as bait or cannon fodder in every single plan you make," I shot back. Damon had stopped short of crossing back over the threshold of the house, but he was still scowling at me. "Be more creative with your plans. C'mon, I'm starting to think you're a one trick pony. Not very impressive for the famous Damon Salvatore."

He scoffed and rolled his eyes, but a lot of tension that had been in the air a moment ago was gone.

"Fine. Wonder Boy will be my plan B. But if whatever my new plan A is doesn't work, I'll be back," he said, taking a few steps backwards and away from the house.

"Tomorrow at the earliest," I added for him. He raised and eyebrow and looked like he was about to argue, but I didn't give him the chance. "We're having a normal day today, which means you're keeping your supernatural drama out of it. Come back tomorrow, but only if you absolutely must."

I held my gloves out towards him for emphasis, and he just huffed and rolled his eyes.

"Fine," he said. "But if the world ends, it's your fault."

"Uh huh, great," I said, closing the door as Damon walked the few steps backwards down our porch. I pulled off my vervain gloves and put them back in my purse, then turned around to see Matt staring at me with his mouth open in shock. "What?"

"Nothing," he said, laughing a little as he stepped forward to wrap his arms around me. "Just... you're amazing. It's fun to be reminded of it."

I beamed as Matt leaned in closer, kissing me softly on the lips. I ran my hands up his arms and into his hair, and his arms tightened around me.

"I love you," he muttered against my lips.

"I love you too," I said with a smile. It was kind of funny to see Matt like this, especially as a result of me kicking Damon Salvatore out of the house.

Matt and I stayed in the hallway for a few more minutes, completely lost in each other. Finally, we broke apart, and Matt absolutely beamed at me, his eyes shining with a joy I didn't get to see nearly often enough.

"As much as I want to keep going, I feel like we should finish B99 before anything else comes along to interrupt us," he said. I grinned.

"Yeah, I agree. Let's go watch our show, and then we can get back to... other stuff... later."

Matt smiled even wider, if that was possible, and took my hand as we headed back into his living room together. We curled up together on the couch as Matt restarted the show, but every so often, I caught him staring at me instead of the tv.

I just smiled to myself. Matt was perfect, and based on today, I felt confident we could go the distance. I'd found my soulmate, and he'd found his. Nothing could stand in our way.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

52.1K 818 24
Book I of the Elizabeth Gerard Series "If one were to not know you, Elijah Mikaelson, one would say you are trying to woo me." "And what if I am?" ...
26.7K 548 50
I do not own these characters, rights go to Julie Plec. This doesn't have any supernatural creatures. This is a story between Klaus Mikaelson a...
117K 1.2K 34
Just some random one shots of our favourite originals and vampire diaries Boys. It will include: Klaus Mikaelson Elijah Mikaelson Kol Mikaelson Damon...
242K 10.3K 36
Where a bored fairy leaves her homeland to travel around the human world. To learn new things and have adventures. Which she will and much more... Va...