A Beam of Hope

By TheFlash7656

Book 1 This is a marina story and it is about their adopted daughter Hope. The story will tell you about the... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: Where It All Began
Chapter 2: Big Changes and Challenges
Chapter 3: Home? Pt 1
Chapter 4: Home? Pt 2
Chapter 5: The Fire Station
Chapter 6: Knowing How to Help Hope
Chapter 7: Check Up Day
Chapter 8: The Night Before
Chapter 9: First Day
Chapter 10: Grey-Sloan Gala
Chapter 11: Fun and Games
Chapter 12: Exciting Times
Chapter 13: Stay in Your Lane
Chapter 14: Toby
Chapter 15: 24 Hours Pt.1
Chapter 16: 24 Hours Pt 2
Chapter 17: Emergency Trip
Chapter 18: Aftermath
Chapter 19: 4 Months
Chapter 20: Christmas at the Station (Pt. 1)
Chapter 21: Christmas at the Station (Pt. 2)
Chapter 22: Another Bishop?
Chapter 23: Sick Day
Chapter 24: Drill Day
Chapter 25: Dinner with a Guest
Chapter 26: Beginning the Process
Chapter 27: Crisis of the Process (pt1)
Chapter 28: Crisis of the Process (Pt 2)
Chapter 29: Stressing Times
Chapter 30: The Final Days
Chapter 31: Adoption Day
Chapter 32: The Celebration
Chapter 33: Italy Bound
Chapter 34: Fun in Italy
Chapter 35: Back to Normal
Chapter 36: Something Isn't Right
Chapter 37: The Results
Chapter 39: Ezekiel
Chapter 40: The New Normal
Chapter 41: Progressing Through Life
Chapter 42: The Reveal
Chapter 43: Station Family BBQ
Chapter 44: I Feel and Look like Sh!t
Chapter 45: The End and New Beginnings
Sequel book

Chapter 38: The Little One

871 23 0
By TheFlash7656

Until the phone rang........

————————————————————

POV Maya:

I looked at Carina and told everyone that I would be right back. So I went onto the porch to take the call, "Hello this is Captain Maya Deluca-Bishop speaking?" "Hi Captain Deluca-Bishop, this is Riley Callaway. I was calling about this placement that you and your wife would be interested in? Seeing that you are still registered foster parents." Riley, on the other side of the phone, expressed. "Um yes, could I go get my wife really quick?" I asked.

"Yes ma'am, I will be here when you call back." She said and then hung up the phone.

I walked back into the living room and to everyone. "Everything good Maya." Travis asks while I ran in quickly. Hope had managed to fall asleep during the short time I was away taking the life changing call. "Yeah everything is great, I just need to see my wife really quickly out on the porch." I claimed while taking her hand and walking out to the porch once more.

"Bambina, what is so urgent and private that we have to come out here for?" Carina asks, confused. "Just trust me and let her explain." I advised. I then whipped my phone back out and dialed the number. The phone rang for a few seconds and then she picked up, "Hi Captain Deluca-Bishop. I'm assuming your wife is with you now?" She guessed.

"Yes she is sitting next to me." I replied.

"Ok, We have this little boy who is four, named Ezekiel and we were wondering if y'all would take him temporarily? Just until we can find a permanent living place for him?" Riley finished explaining to us. "Um that sounds great but before we come up with the decision, we would like to talk this over with our daughter. Who has recently come home from the hospital which was the result of a CF flare up." Carina interjected before I could speak.

"Alright call me back when yall have come to an answer, I hope to hear from you soon!" Riley says and then hangs up the phone.

We both sat there with the phone on the porch table in front of us and playing with each other's hand. Waiting for the other to say something. "I think we should do it." I interrupted the ever growing silence. "I was thinking the same thing but a part of me is concerned about how Hope would react." Carina cautioned, not knowing Hope's stance on the matter.

A few more minutes pass and then we went back inside. Everyone was talking and then just stopped when we walked in.

"What was the call about?" My mom asked, seeing we were gone from 20 minutes and still holding Hope who was still sleeping. "Um, something came up that required the both of us." I said dodging the question. My mom nodded her head knowing not to press any further. The call came around 7 and we all talked late into the night until it was 11 o'clock.

"Do yall want to stay the night? I mean we have the extra guest room and then the living room has space. Mom you could sleep in Hope's room and she could sleep with us. I just put on new sheets when you were cooking us breakfast." I offered it to everyone.

Everyone happily took us up on our offer and everyone spread out in our house. Luckily we had a couch that parts of it reclined so that was nice. Andrew and vic took the guest bed and everyone else was in the living room

POV Carina:

It was about 2 in the morning and I lay awake thinking about all the possibilities of what it would feel like having another bambino in our family. Maya and Hope lay next to me sound asleep. My thoughts are just consuming me....

*Carina's thoughts*

Are we making the right choice for our family? Are we rushing into it? I wonder how Hope is going to take it? Hopefully she will be ok with this change? I wonder what he is like? I hope they will get along? I wonder how he will take Hope and wheelchair?

*End thoughts*

I was going to get a glass of water to clear my thoughts. So I slowly maneuvered myself from the grasp of Hope's arms but when I left her presence, she started to whimper for me to come back. Before I could come back into the bed and forgetting about getting water for myself. Maya subconsciously moved and held Hope in her arms.

Hope settled back into a peaceful sleep which seeing I miei amori (my loves) made a smile come across my face. I quietly grabbed a glass of water, then I came back and went back to my spot in the bed. I finally let sleep take over my brain and fell into a blissful sleep.

It was around 9 when I woke up, I grabbed my laptop from the bedside table.

I looked for some things that we would need for Ezekiel if we decided to take him in. Soon Maya woke up and carefully looked at the laptop without waking up Hope from her well needed rest. Somehow Maya managed to sit up and lean against the headboard of the bed with Hope still asleep on her chest and Maya's arms around Hope. Hope's breathing was still congested but it didn't seem to bother her.

"So when do we tell her?" Maya hesitantly asked while lightly planting a kiss on Hope's head. "Whenever you feel ready? I hope she takes it ok but maybe she would want a sibling?" I contemplated looking away from the laptop screen and at Maya.

"I honestly don't know how she is going to react. When my mom told me about Mason, I was over the moon about getting a little brother." Maya said looking down at Hope tucking a piece of hair behind her ear.

We sat there, just talking and looking for things for Ezekiel's room.

There was a soft spot knock on the door, "come in." Maya softly said. Her mom came in with three coffee's in hand. "Here y'all ago. I figured y'all would want some." She said to us, handing coffee to us. "Thanks mom." Maya says as we both took the coffee. "How did you sleep last night mom?" Maya asked. "I slept good, thanks for letting me stay." She said, sitting down in a chair in our room.

"Well we got a larger house on purpose knowing the station fam and know that we were going to have kids...." Maya expressed which Katherine responded with, "oh my goodness! Carina, are you pregnant!"

"Oh my goodness mom, no she isn't and if she was we would have told you by now." Maya chuckled at the excitement that her mother just expressed.

"Not yet Katherine but...." I looked at Maya to see if it was ok to tell her which Maya nodded yes.

"We haven't told Hope yet but we are considering fostering a little boy, Ezekiel." I concluded, Katherine held her hand to her heart in 'awe'. "You guys, this is going to be wonderful!" She softly expresses. "Yeah hopefully Hope is ok with it. That is our biggest concern right now." Maya stated, still hugging Hope tightly.

We talked with Katherine a little more until we heard movement outside of the room and Hope started to wake up.

POV Hope:

As I began to wake up a little, the muffled sounds of Mom, Mama and grandma who I now call Nana, talking.

Also as I began to be more and more aware of what was happening, I noticed someone was holding me and within seconds, I knew it was Mom holding me. "Morning." I said groggily. "Hello sleepy head." Mom greeted me. "Buongiorno bambina." Mama greeted me while giving me a kiss on the forehead.

I noticed the laptop open in Mama's lap. "Is Mama looking for more clothes or something totally different?" I jokingly said which was met with confused looks between Mom and Mama.

I was very confused by the body language that Mom and Mama were giving off.

Then nana said her goodbye and left the room. "Ok, clearly I missed something." I nervously laugh. "We are going to tell you and talk to you about something." Mama conveyed.

"Ok. I'm ready, I think?" I hesitantly answered.

"Also Hopey if you are in any disagreement with this plan. Please tell us. And if you need time to think about this then that is ok too. We want you to voice your opinion and want to hear your concern." Mom cut in making me look up at her. "As long as y'all aren't going to undo my adoption, then I'm ok with it which I don't think is legally possible. So I'm ok all around." I said somewhat sarcastically.

"Bambina, we would never, so don't let that bother you ever again, punto!" Mama claimed.

I blushed knowing what I said wasn't even relevant. "So back on topic." Mom said, looking at Mama.

"Ah yes, so a social worker, Riley Callaway, called us and wanted us to take in a little boy named Ezekiel. Now we told Riley that we would talk to you first. That is what we are telling you. So what are your thoughts, bambina?"

————————————————————
Author's note: I'm back from the break! Well technically I was still here posting on my oneshot which you should read if you haven't.

What do you think Hope will said about Ezekiel?

🎉Thank you for 17k🎉

Anything you would like to see.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

30.5K 874 37
Maya and Carina have been trying to have a baby. A lot has happend and they haven't been able to expand their family yet. But then, something happend...
152K 3.5K 42
Fire Captain Maya Bishop got ready for her shift at Station 19 and went to work just like every other shift she had done. However, during a call with...
11.2K 327 28
«"I can call security. She is a minor, after all." Miranda said. When she didn't hear Carina responding, she frowned. She turned around and saw the I...
1.1K 38 8
What happens when Carina Deluca's daughter Giovanna finds herself struggling with her own mental illness. She tries her best to hide it, but eventua...