Mirabel the Witchlet

By Lava_Serpant

Maribel never got a gift, but maybe that's because she already had one, she just needed someone to teach her... More

Ms M
Goodbye
Arrival
Housing
First Day Horrors
Quidditch
Fluffy
A Trolls Dinner
Quidditch Time
Tainted
Magical Talent
First Day Back
Renavations
Betrayal
Hagrid's Late Night Talks
A Long Night
Cursed
Trials
I Told You So!
The Final Feast
Annoucment!

Patronus

3.3K 78 39
By Lava_Serpant

Mirabel Madrigal falls back as a loud shock wave went out over the crowd and a blue mist settled in the hall. The crowd looks around themselves confused at what she had just done and the sudden blue mist.

She's confused by what she just did when suddenly blue mist swirls around her and a large blue dragon appeared by her side. It's scales shimmered like the night stars, it's spiked head was pushed back, it's wings were long and elegant with feathered tips, and it's eyes shown with a fierce glint. It looks at her and prowled around her sniffing before sitting down besides her like a protective body guard.

"My word!"

Mirabel looks to the crowd and saw that she didn't just cast her own patronus. A blue misted Phoenix had perched on Dumbledore's shoulder, Ms M had a cat bouncing around her in the air, Professor Sprout had a large bug of some sort on her nose, Professor Flit-wick had a owl flying around himself, and Professor Snape had a deer by him, but he quickly shoed it away.

The teachers weren't the only ones, the mist swirled around everyone in the hall before taking forms of animals around them in light blue light mist. Alma had a chimpanzee jumping on the floor around her, Camilo had a chameleon crawling up his arm, Augustine had a Flamingo appear beside him, Harry had a stag run around him, Hermione had a platypus swimming in the air around her, Ron had a dog licking his face, the Weasley twins had some type of bird, and overall there was a animal frenzy. Misty blue animals appeared by people and than started running around, tripping a few people up, but really causing no actual harm.

She saw animals she didn't even know existed running or flying around through the air, all while her own animal stayed by her. Mirabel started getting nervous, this wasn't part of her act! Sensing her distress the dragon looks at her, than at the crowd letting out a loud roar. It stops all the animals and they look at it, before going off to their owners. Each other just got within a meter of a person and turned into mist settling on their bodies. Mirabel's lion was no different, but waited until everyone else's had gone before going into her's became mist and settled on her body. As soon as that happened she stood up, bows, and says. "Thank you for your time," before quickly walking off.

That didn't happen before! She did a small patronus when practicing not that! Was that even a patronus?!

She looks at her wand and now that she was in better light her heart seizes seeing it wasn't her wand! It was just a stick and she had been too nervous not to notice. She growls and looks around the crowd spotting Malfoy. She quickly goes up to him and asks. "Where is my wand? You gave me a fake," Mirabel said angrily and showing the stick.

Draco looks at it and shrugs. "I saw you drop it I thought it was your wand," He defends himself. "Now dear," Malfoy's father looks down at her, a odd glint similar to Quirl's flashing in his eyes. "Who did you say you were?" He asks.

Mirabel did not answer because the next moment she realized everyone was talking, and it was about her.

"That was amazing!"

"Was that even possible?"

"It felt like a patronus,"

"She's powerful,"

"Mirabel your wand,"

Camilo ran up to her and hands it too her. "I found it outside the door," Camilo said to her. Mirabel saw all the eyes on her and she pulls her robes up. "Where's papa?" She asks her cousin, she needs her papa. Camilo could tell she was upset and quickly guided her over to her papa. Augustine gives her a big hug and said how proud he was. Alma said how she didn't expect Mirabel could do anything as beautiful as that.

Mirabel just nodded, but on the inside she was still freaking out. "Mirabel that was bloody something! What did you do?" Mirabel looks at Ron, but just lowers her head and blinks back the tears. Something was wrong.

"The judges have reached their decision," The crowd quiets again and looks at Dumbledore waiting for him to announce. "The prize for third place in Cedric Diggory of Hufflepuff," a boy in his fourth year took to the stage with some clapping. "Fred and George Weasley of Gryffindor earn second place," The Weasley family cheers as the twins took their place on the stage. "And finally, first place Mirabel Madrigal of Gryffindor," the crowd didn't cheer, well her family and friends did, but the rest of the crowd just watched her as she took the stage trying to not take too much attention.

Dumbledore gave each of the winners medals, with Mirabel getting a gold shiny one, and a golden trophy shaped like the Hogwarts crest. The rest of the winners got trophy's of the same mold, only one was bronze, and the other silver, along with being a lot smaller compared to Mirabel's. They also each received a sack of gold coins, had to take their picture together, before finally letting Mirabel off the stage.

She wasn't strong enough to carry the trophy so her Papa had to come up and do it for her and even he had some trouble with it.

"Oh Mirabel I'm so proud of you Mija," Alma gives her a kiss on her forehead. "Thank you Abuela," Mirabel said quietly. All she's ever wanted was her grandmother's praise, but why doesn't it feel like she always thought it would? She saw her friends approaching her, but she doesn't want to be near them right now. She quickly walks off with her family in tow. She stops by Molly Weasley and shoved the bag of coins into her hand before quickly walking out with her family in tow.

"Mija what's wrong?" Alma asks her granddaughter. Mirabel looks at Alma and whispers. "That wasn't meant to happen," she whispers.

"Mirabel!" Ms M quickly rushes over to them. "Ms M are you going to take us home now?" Mirabel asks. "In a minute dear I just want to talk to your father and grandmother. Why don't you go get your stuff and show your cousin the gryffindor dorms?" Ms M suggests. Mirabel couldn't bear the thought of what they were going to talk about, but she leaves anyway with Camilo.

Harry

Harry couldn't believe the magic Mirabel had just done, it almost felt like a explosion of magical energy. Hermione was in shock from it, Ron couldn't stop talking about it, the parents were talking in hushed whispers, and the teachers were doing the same. He had tried going to talk to her, but she had left pretty quickly after handing Mrs Weasley the sack of gold she had won. Mrs Weasley tried finding her to give it back, but no luck.

"We got to find her, she must be exhausted after that spell," Hermione said. Her friends agreed and they split off. Harry decided to look near the dorms since maybe Mirabel had gone there to show her cousin. On his way though he heard whispering, and it was frantic.

He looks around the corner and saw Professor Mcgonagall talking to Alma and Augustine.

It was in a hall next to a window so he crawled out one, than snuck along till he was right under the window they were talking by so he could hear them. "That girl is more powerful than I've ever seen! Magic like that should not be possible," Mcgonagall explains to them in hushed whispering. "What do you mean? Is my daughter okay?" Augustine asks. "For now, if I had known what she was I would have never brought her here! After that display there is no going back," Mcgonagall explains to them. "What do you mean? Is Mirabel in danger?" Alma asks. "She is the danger. I can't confirm it now, but I want you to make sure she does absolutely no magic at all in your house. Make sure her mother knows this, but don't let anyone else in your house or village know about her magic. Mirabel is a danger to herself and I need to prepare for it. Do not let anyone know about it, I'll try and explain it too her when she returns. For now she deserves to try and have a normal holiday," Mcgonagall explains to them.

"I don't understand though. If her power wasn't the reason you took her than what was?" Alma asks. "It isn't important why," Mcgonagall said. "My daughter is in danger it seems pretty important to me," Augustine said. Harry could hear Mcgonagall sighing. "I am a curious witch, all types of magic fascinate me, your daughter was a anomaly in your magic, so that's why. I learned she was a witch, with the potential to be a powerful one. I had no idea she was like this, it's not her fault. She was just born this way," Mcgonagall explains.

The two didn't respond again, but they did walk away, but Harry only heard two sets of footsteps. "I advice you learn to eavesdrop better Potter," Mcgonagall said and Harry sheepishly looks up. "If you knew I was there why did you let me listen?" Harry asks. "Because Potter, Mirabel is about to become just like you and I want you to promise me you'll help her through it," Mcgonagall asks him.

"What?" Harry's confused. "Please Mr Potter, she's much too young for this, as are you," Mcgonagall said. Swallowing a lump in his throat Harry said. "I'll do anything for her," Mcgonagall gives a grateful smile.

Time Skip

Ms M dropped Mirabel and her family off outside the Encanto. With one last big hug Ms M left.

Mirabel tries to pick up her suit case, but it was too heavy for her. "Here I got it," Mirabel whips out her wand, but her Abeula plucks it from her hand. "Abeula!" Mirabel whines.

"Your not allowed any magic outside of school Mirabel. Your father and Camilo can carry it," Camilo sighs and shifts into his Tio as the two lifted her bags.

"She couldn't take us closer to the casita?" Camilo groans as the two walked.

Mirabel hops with a jump in her step down to the Casita. The warm Columbian air felt great, and despite the talent show mishap she couldn't wait to show her family the medal and trophy she won.

Casita came up to her in the distance and can't help shouting. "Casita!" The house responded to her waving it's rafters and seemingly coming alive.

"Mirabel!?" Her mama appears outside the door and when she saw her daughter she instantly ran over. "Mama!" Mirabel jumps into her mother's arms and Julieta swung her around hugging her tightly.

"Oh my beautiful Mija! Oh you don't write enough!" Julieta hugs her daughter and plants kisses all over her face. "Mama I missed you," Mirabel said hugging her mama.

"Let's go inside. The family has missed you," Mama said, but gives Mirabel one last big hug and kiss before taking her inside.

"Everyone! Mirabel's home!" There we're lots of doors opening and her family got down to the entrance quickly using various means.

Delores got to her first and gives a hug asking about all the spells and magic, Isabela came next and asked about their plants, Luisa by far was the most excited to see her and just gave her big sisterly hugs.

"Luisa! Ribs!" Mirabel can't help choking out. "Mama can heal you," Luisa said still not letting go.

"Camilo!" Tia Pepa and Tio Felix saw Camilo and both crossed their arms at him. "We were worried sick, I caused a hurricane!" Pepa created a fierce wind.

"But Mama papa! I needed to see new faces. Look," Camilo shifted into multiple different people from Hogwarts and was clearly having fun showing it off.

He even shifted into some of the paints at school too.

"Enough of that I want to hear about the magic there!" Mama said taking Mirabel's hand and excitedly taking her over.

"Did you win the talent show?" Delores asks trailing next to her. "I got first place!" Mirabel answers and Tio Felix pats her on the back laughing. "Of course you did!" He laughs happily.

"Now where's Antonio? I got presents for everyone!"

The family cheers and goes into the living room. Mirabel got to hug her little baby cousin who giggles happily.

"Juilieta, Pepa, Felix? May I have your help in the kitchens?" Alma asks the grownups who looked at each other worried before heading with her and Augustine into the kitchen while the kids played and caught up.

"Hey sis can you show us some magic? The one you did to win the talent show?" Luisa asks. "I'm not allowed to do magic unless at school," Mirabel explains. "Oh but it was awesome! She did this flying spell on me! And she made a animal army fly out from everyone! And they gave her this giant trophy!" Camilo explains excitedly.

"Can we see it?" Isabela asked. Mirabel opens her bag and pulled out the trophy proudly and her female cousins awed at it.

As this happens they all heard a cawing and Mirabel turns squealing when she saw Fuego on the window seal.

"Fuego! There you are I got so worried about you when I couldn't fine you in my dorm," Mirabel told the bird petting it. "That bird belongs to you? It crashed on my breakfast!" Isabela said furious with it.

"He's still in training," Mirabel defended her beautiful bird.

"Hey Mirabel why did you bring a broom?" Mirabel turns and saw Camilo picking up her Nimbus two thousand. "Oh I forgot to tell you! I'm the quidditch Gryffindor Chaser," Mirabel proudly announces. "What's Quidditch?" Delores asks.

"It's a magic game, we ride around on brooms and," Mirabel explains quidditch to them, but Isabela than interrupts her. "But why do you do it on brooms?" She asks.

"Oh right forgot to mention," Mirabel held her hand out and said confidently. "Accio," the broom got to her hand in a instant.

"Come on," Mirabel said and takes them to the foyer. She climbed on the broom and kicked her legs out. The broom levitated a few feet off the ground and her cousins adored it exclaiming how cool it was.

"Think that's cool? Watch this!" Mirabel shoots to the air. Her cousins and sisters watched in awe at her as she performs tricks in the air. "Mirabel! Get down from there!" Julieta yells up coming from the kitchen. Pepa saw her niece up there and she screams a storm cloud appearing above the house.

It cracks thunder and Mirabel grips her broom in response. Sadly this was exactly the thing that caused her broom to speed off into the distance. She pulls her broom up as quickly as she could to stop it, but by that time she found herself hovering right above the town square with the village citizens looking right at her.

When seeing her Mirabel gives a sheepish smile and waves. "Hi," she said.

Instantly the village broke out in cheers.

"She is gifted!"

"We must celebrate!"

"Oh what a wonderful start to the holidays are!"

Mirabel quickly sped off in her broom back to Casita. Julieta was relieved Mirabel was alright, but Alma was furious. "Mirabel! We told you no magic," she scolds her. "Mama we still planned on telling the villagers anyway and besides all the magic was in the broom," Julieta said. Alma sighs. "Alright, I'll need to address the village about it, later. For now let's just enjoy dinner and the coming holidays," Alma said.

(Time Skip to Christmas at first I wasn't sure if they celebrated Christmas, but they have a church and what the internet told me was that it was referred to as 'the day of the candles' if I got anything wrong and offended anyone of Columbia origin I am sorry and feel free to correct me)

Mirabel quickly got downstairs sliding down the steps with Casita's help and a large grin on her face as she carried Antonio with her. It was Christmas morning and Camilo was already awake and shaking the presents.

Next came down Delores who helped Camilo guess what was in them, Isabela came down with Luisa using her vines, and than not being able to wait any longer Mirabel and Camilo yelled for their parents to get up while Delores clutched her ears.

The parents and Alma came down stairs with heartfelt smiles and tired yawns.

"Okay! Dive pile!" Camilo dove into the mountain of presents for the family. Being the Madrigal family it was a unofficial tradition that they gift at least one present to one member of the family or more as a thank you for their hard work in the community.

Luisa and Juileta usually got most of these gifts, but of course so did the rest of the family, Tio Felix and Papa not excluded.

Camilo pops out of the pile and grins at the gift he found. It was a large rectangle box with green chameleons on it. "I got a gift!" He said and read the card. "It's from Mirabel!" He exclaims excitedly and tore it open.

Once he saw what it was though he made a face confused. "Uh Mirabel? What is this?" He asks. Mirabel giggles and gently took it from him. "I asked those twins you met to get this for me while they visited the town next to Hogwarts because first years aren't allowed. They were happy to do it after I made their mother's Christmas gift," She explains. "It's a box full of jokes, like this one," Mirabel takes out a red box with flame designs.

She pops a small thing in her mouth, chews it, and steam comes out of her ears sounding like a whistle. Camilo's eyes lit up as he looks at all the other stuff his cousin had given him.

Next Isabela got a book of magical plants.

Delores got magically sound proof ear muffs along with a romance novel translated to Spanish.

Luisa got a book about relaxation after a hard workout.

Papa got a book of piano songs.

Mama got a book of English recipes with a note on the inside of how delicious her original recipes were.

Tia Pepa got a magical device that predicted the weather forecast.

Tio Felix got a pair of glasses that could see through any enchantment which meant he could see Camilo when he shifted (not that Camilo knew that)

Abuela was given a necklace with a locket mirror that would show her who she wanted to see the most in the moment.

And little Antonio got a stuffed Phoenix Mirabel made him.

While everyone else got other gifts they all secretly thought Mirabel's were the best out of them.

"Hey Sis? Who's Ron?" Luisa asks picking up a package. "I can answer that," Camilo said and transformed to look like Ron. "He was rather funny," Camilo said changing back to normal. Mirabel takes the package and reads the card.

Hi Mirabel dear merry Christmas this is Ronald's mother Molly. We didn't know where you lived and we didn't think our owl would survive the flight so we had Professor Mcgnagall send this too you for Christmas. I thank you for the gold you gave us you didn't have to do that. From what my boys have told me your quite a kind young girl, powerful one too if that show told me anything. All's well and have a pleasant Christmas the Weasley's.

Mirabel opens the present and holds up a nicely knitted dark blue sweater with the letter M on the front of it.

"Who's that from dear?" Julieta asks. "A friends mother," Mirabel answers putting it down. She did like it, but it was too warm out for her to be wearing a sweater. Next she had a present from Hermione in a bag.

Thought you and your family would enjoy these study buddy

Inside the bag was at least three dozen chocolate frog packages among other Hogwarts sweets.

Mirabel took one out and opened the package. Forgetting about the frog it leaped out onto her ribbiting before hopping off onto Isabela. "Eek! Get this off me!" She shrieks pushing it away as it hops off again. "Grab that frog!" Mirabel yelled and Camilo was the one to catch it. As soon as he did it became solid and Mirabel ate it.

"Mirabel! Did you just eat a live frog?" Abeula looked like she would faint. "No it's a magic treat! As soon as you catch them they turn to chocolate and you get a card too!" Mirabel looks at her card and smiles. "I got Merlin!"

Camilo opens a package and then the frog jumps out, Luisa follows suit, so does Delores, Augustine couldn't help himself, and even Pepa couldn't deny how fun it was to catch the frogs. Casita didn't make it easy for them though and it turned into a game of who could catch their frog first.

All in all it was a pretty fun Christmas.

Time Skip

Late that night Delores was about to go to bed, still feeling happy and full of food from the village feast when she heard Mirabel. She was on the other side of the house in the kitchen clearing the plates like she was supposed too and heard it.

"I wonder if Tio Bruno would like this? Do you think he would Antonio?" Mirabel's voice asks followed by Delore's brother making baby noises. "Guess I'll never know," Mirabel sighs before she heard the package being dropped and Mirabel turning off her lamp. Quietly Delores snuck up the stairs and too Mirabel's room in the nursery. If she woke up Delores can always say she was checking on Antonio because she heard him crying.

She sees something under Mirabel's bed and slowly pulls it out before leaving the room with no one the wiser. It was a beautifully wrapped box with hour class symbols all over it and a card that read.

Tio Bruno I know I haven't ever really talked to you, before. I don't even know if your alive. I just wanted you to know I thank you for the message, I did this spell where I had to think of a happy memory. My memory was of you, I think it's my only memory of you. I ended up creating a powerful spell because of it, so thank you Tio your Sobrina Mirabel.

Delores smiles at Mirabel, she knew everything and knew what was in this message.

She went by her room and too a painting. She knocks on it, she heard the soft footsteps approaching and she left the present next to the potted plant before heading inside her room. The painting moved and in the darkness you could see a figure with a green hood hiding his face, it looks around before seeing the package and grabbing it, inspecting it, before pausing. They retreat back into the walls and before Delores drifted off she could hear the small sound of tears hitting the floor and wrapping being ripped.

(Okay just saying I know Hermione should have won, but I didn't want to just give Gryffindor the wins and I also wanted to give Fred and George the win too because it's Fred and George)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.8K 278 36
A multi fandom crossover that depicts the life of a feisty eleven year old girl [cover picture] and her crazy life of adventure in both wizarding and...
111K 2K 108
________________________________________ *CURRENTLY RE-WRITING* finished by- 20/06/24 (hopefully) current re-write word count- 145,249 It's always...
1.4M 56.3K 70
Alexa Stark, daughter of Tony Stark (yes, Ironman. No, she can't help you meet him). She's always followed in her dad's footsteps, and at fifteen yea...
1.5K 21 14
Let's look at Maribel's childhood, after her gift ceremony, before? How did the other family memebers react to their gifts? How did Abuela treat Brun...