The Storm

By ApplexPie54

[Sequel] He's the grumpy CEO of the company she works for. The very boss, no one gets enough words with befor... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
The Letter
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Epilogue
Alison Storm

Chapter 7

23.1K 592 95
By ApplexPie54

Sierra

"Atlas, we're going to be..." my words trail off as I walk into the bathroom, finding Atlas standing by the sink.

His eyes meet mine through the mirror, smiling as he braids Allie's hair. He sat her down on the counter, her legs crossed with her back towards him. She hums along some disney songs Atlas put on, bopping her head as she sings her favourite parts.

Allie doesn't have exceptionally long hair, nor thick hair, but it's good enough for some loose braids. I didn't even know Atlas knew how to braid hair.

"We're leaving after lunch, so I decided," he tells me, looking back at his hands, or Allie's hair for that matter. "Vienna is in her room with Taco, watching some movie on my phone, in case you're looking for her."

I wasn't because I already knew that's where she's at, but I appreciate him telling me.

"Daddy?" Allie leans her head back to look up at her father. Then she holds up a hair tie with a butterfly glued to it. "We use the butterfly?"

"Sure, cheeseball." He takes the hair tie from her, gently pushes her head up straight again so he can wrap the hair tie around the ends of her hair. Then he takes a hair clip, obviously rocking yet another butterfly, this time a little bigger though, and clips it into her hair. "What do you think?"

Allie stands up, Atlas immediately holds her so she wouldn't accidentally fall off the counter.

She looks into the mirror, turning her head enough to figure out what the back looks like before she turns towards Atlas and falls into his arms. "I love it!" Allie kisses his cheek, only to go back to hugging him. "Thank you, daddy. I love you!"

"I love you too, cheeseball."

I think not only my ovaries, but also my heart just exploded. How dare that guy get hotter from just doing his daughter's hair?

"Mommy, look!" As Atlas put her back down onto the floor, she runs right towards me, showing off the braid that's not quite symmetrical, but surprisingly good anyway. "Daddy did my hair." Allie makes little twirls, fitting to the song playing in the background.

"It looks amazing," I tell her, just before she sprints right out of the bathroom, probably to find Vienna and show her as well. As my eyes meet my husbands, I can't help the chuckle from slipping out. "I see, you're into the Moana soundtrack now, huh?"

Atlas's head tilts to the side, just slightly enough to let me know he's about to say some rude words if I keep on mocking him with it. Just enough reasons to do so. "I think it's cute. I mean, a man like you needs to have some red flags, you know. Yours would be your love for disney songs."

He turns away from me, trying his hardest to hold back the bemused smile. He shouldn't have turned around. Because now I'm tempted to slap that ass of his. Actually, I might just—

"If you slap my ass, I will slap yours, sweetheart." How the fuck...?

I sigh. "Is that a promise?"

Atlas coughs, dropping the brush he held in his hands as he looks at me through the mirror. "I am not going to slap you, Sierra."

"Too bad." I shrug, then slap my palm to his ass. "I always knew I was wearing the pants in this household." I tap his butt a couple more times before he loses his patience and turns around to face me.

Atlas raises his eyebrows at me, then his eyes move down my body, smirking. "I'm pretty sure you're wearing a dress."

I look down at myself, humming in disagreement. "I was talking metaphorically here, Mr. Storm. Thought that's how our relationship was going. You bring in the money that I don't like spending, and I tell you what to do."

He chuckles, pulling me in for a quick and tender kiss. "You don't get to tell me what to do," he whispers against my lips before pressing his to mine one more time.

"Hm, I'm pretty sure I do."

"Yeah? Name one thing I did because you told me to do it."

I laugh, leaning my forehead against his chest. "Literally anything I ask you for."

"Asking isn't telling me to do it."

"Okay," I agree. "So, my dear husband—" I blink my eyes at him, almost losing it myself "—get me a new..." he smirks at me, waiting with anticipation as I think of what I want. God, I can't even ask him for anything above the average donut price, how am I supposed to make a demand?

"Yeah?" The amusement in his voice speaks volume. He knows I hate when he spends money on me, and he knows I don't even ask for, I don't know, shoes.

"A car."

"A car?" Now Atlas looks a bit...concerned? "You don't even drive."

"I do. I just don't have a car." Which is semi-true. I had a car...like five years ago. Had to sell it due to money problems. Haven't been driving ever since. But it can't be too difficult getting back to it, right? "So, get me a car."

He chuckles. Fucking chuckles. "Alright. You got it." Why can't he say no?!

"SEE!" I press my palms to his chest. "You can't say no to me."

"You're right, I can't. But now you're getting a car, and we both know how much you're gonna hate the fact that I've bought it for you. And trust me, sweetheart, I won't buy the cheapest car there is."

Now that...fuck me.

"I don't want to leave. Did you see the tear running down Allie's cheek?" Atlas is currently carrying me into his fucking private jet, finding my concerns rather amusing.

"Allie was laughing. She's probably glad she gets a few days without us." He sits me down on one of the seats, buckling me up so I can't run away anymore.

"She said she'll miss us!"

"Of course she will, sweetheart. We're her parents. You'll miss them both too. But that doesn't mean you can't spend two days away from them." Guess he has a point. "And besides, you'll love being back there."

"Why would I?" I scoff. "I don't even remember half the time I was there."

"We own that hotel." He shrugs and sits next to me.

"You. You own it. I'm just married to you." Am I being dramatic? I think I am.

Atlas rolls his eyes, letting out a deep breath. "Did you take the pregnancy test?"

I nod, looking out of the window to avoid his gaze. And yet I can feel his eyes on my body.

"I take it you're not pregnant?"

I shake my head, this time followed by a sigh. It's ridiculous, isn't it? I've gotten pregnant from Atlas being inside of me for a minute or so, according to him. We didn't have to try too hard for Vienna either. But getting pregnant a third time? That seems to be impossible.

"You're not on your period either, are you?" A hand of his lies on my thigh, giving it a slight, comforting squeeze as the jet starts rolling and shoots into the air shortly after.

"Are you trying to insult me with it or genuinely asking?"

"Sweetheart, you know I'd never insult you." Yeah, I should've known that. He really doesn't. Anything Atlas ever does or asks me, he never means to offend me with it. "I'm genuinely asking."

"I'm not." Though I think he should know, because whenever I do get my period, I tend to eat way less than usual. Athena used to call me weird for that particular reason.

An hour later, we safely land at the Vancouver International Airport, taking on another half an hour car ride to the hotel. Well, at least this time I'm not stuck on a bus with god knows how many of my co-workers, right?

As we get into our hotel room, I'm hit with a flash of the morning after. Of course he would get us the same suite he got himself four years ago. That morning was probably one of the most awkward ones I've ever experienced.

Lying in bed, naked, next to my boss with no knowledge of what happened the night before. Yeah, I'll count that as the most awkward morning in my entire life.

Atlas walks inside like he owns the place. But then again, apparently he does. I wonder why he felt the need to buy this hotel. Did he own it four years ago when we had to come here for the team-bonding weekend? Or did he buy it after that weekend?

I wouldn't be surprised either way.

"Memories flooding back in?" Atlas asks, watching me look around the suite.

"Only the ones seconds before I ran out of here." I follow him into the bedroom. Only when I want to set my luggage aside do I even notice we didn't bring some.

Who the hell goes on what? Vacation? And doesn't bring luggage?

"Atlas?" He comes out of a room that's connected to the bedroom, holding a black sparkling dress in his hands. "What—Huh?"

He snickers, handing the dress over to me. "I told you, we own this hotel. The walk-in closet is filled with clothes for you and me."

"...me?" I shake my head disbelievingly. This is a dream right? It has to be. "I never went shopping for a second closet, Atlas."

"I had a personal shopper do all the work." He chuckles at my blunt expression. "You'll never get used to it, will you?"

Nope. No, I won't. Personal shopper? Nope. I can barely wrap my head around the house I live in, no way I'll ever find having a personal shopper not far too fancy.

And the dress. God, the dress. It probably costs thousands. It looks expensive. As the usual dresses Atlas seems to choose for me, it has a deep V-neck. The back and arms are completely free. Only two really thin straps hold up the dress around my neck. And the skirt of the dress is loose, ending maybe ten centimetres below my ass.

As usual, it's an amazing fucking dress. The sparkles...one tiny source of light shining on me and they'll be blinded, let me tell you.

And because Atlas tends to love making outfits complicated, he hands me lace up heels. Obviously in black, fitting to the dress.

"Dinner, huh?" I might be a little overwhelmed by his choice of evening garment. Wait, that sounds a little too fancy. What is happening to me?  "This looks more like..."

"More like something you wore four years ago." That is does, indeed. A bit shorter and a lot sparklier than I remember, but it's close enough.

"Atlas," I say in a breath, staring at him with an open mouth. He chuckles, closing the distance between us. His lips brush mine, at first rather gently, carefully. But that's quick to lose control, especially now with no children around.

My tongue dips into his mouth, pressing against his. My chest tightens, shivers running through my entire body when he makes a satisfied sound. Atlas's hands slide around my waist, pulling my body right against his.

I'm about to pull his black dress shirt out of his suit pants when he suddenly pulls away, cupping my face in his hands. "I have a meeting to attend," he tells me, kissing the top of my head. "Be ready by six, okay?"

I nod, though I'm not quite sure what just happened. Despite Atlas saying we're here for a meeting, stepping inside of this suite suddenly let me forget about it. Maybe I was hoping he just wanted a couple of days to get away with me...apparently not.

Though, I like his new suit. At least I guess it's new? I don't remember ever seeing him in black only. And the material of this suit feels different from all the others he's worn before.

Honestly what do I know? I wouldn't spot a difference between a $50 hoodie and a $150 one.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

234K 3.2K 61
𝐁𝐎𝐎𝐊 𝟏 𝐎𝐅 𝐆𝐈𝐑𝐋𝐒 𝐎𝐅 𝐃𝐔𝐓𝐘 A U R E L I A : " I applied here to get away from my family and to pursue my career. Not fall in love with...
3.6K 92 31
"I cannot put into words how much I love you, and if I do, it cannot do justice to the depth of my desire." Ray Armstrong, the hot, sexy and smart CE...
43.9K 2.5K 39
𝙑𝙞𝙫𝙖𝙖𝙣 𝙞𝙨 𝙖 𝙧𝙞𝙘𝙝 𝘾𝙀𝙊 𝙤𝙛 𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙘𝙤𝙢𝙥𝙖𝙣𝙮. 𝘼𝙞𝙨𝙝𝙖 𝙞𝙨 𝙖𝙣 𝙤𝙧𝙥𝙝𝙖𝙣 𝙢𝙞𝙙𝙙𝙡𝙚 𝙘𝙡𝙖𝙨𝙨 𝙜𝙞𝙧𝙡. 𝙑𝙞𝙫𝙖𝙖𝙣 𝙞...
12.3M 354K 47
UNDER MAJOR EDITING AND REVISION. CHANGES TO THE STORY LINE IS PROBABLE. "You are going to listen and do as I say-" she cuts him off, "You do not ow...