Take Us Back (The Lost Boys)

By Vamping_God

Summer of 1969 changed for 23 year old, Ophelia. No knowledge of drinking vampire blood and not knowing what... More

Note Before Starting
Prologue
01: Where it all Started
02: Someone Take Me Home
03: A Friend
05: Passing
06: Winter Boredom = Capitola
07: In My Time of Dying
08: Rest in Peace Ophelia Darling
09: Dark Paradise
10: Already Gone
Chapter 11: Accident Pro for Rollerskates
Chapter 12: Fourth of July
Chapter 13: You Don't Own Me
Chapter 14: What Was I Made For?
Chapter 15: Big Love
Important Announcment

04: Carousel Beauty

546 14 0
By Vamping_God

Summer of 1970

A year had passed and David still didn't like Ophelia. It was obvious. Everyone knew it. He didn't talk to her, well, the only time he did talk to her was always direct or questions.

Where are you going?

Don't do that.

Quiet.

All she wanted was for him to like her. She couldn't even get a smile out of him.

Even though it's only been a year she felt that they were close friends to her. Ophelia believed that it was the vampire bond. She still didn't know much about them however and they still didn't know her.

They were all quite reserved with one another.  Well, until it came with Marko.  He basically was a close friend to her. He knew how she didn't like to do anything at the Boardwalk so he always went with her and walked around, even went on some of the rides or played the carnival games.

Paul would join them once in awhile. He mostly was there to ride the rides and steal food from Ophelia.

Dwayne usually stuck by David but sometimes he would walk around with her. She would get one or two words out of him, but he was mostly quiet and just followed her around.

"Ready? Ready? Ready? Watch this. Let's go. I got this". Marko kept saying as he held a ball in his hand, getting ready to throw it at the pins on the other side.

"Hurry up before another decade goes by". Paul stood a few feet away from him, his arms crossed over his chest as he stood next to Ophelia.

Marko gave Paul a look and then concentrated before he threw the ball, using his vampire strength.

He missed.

The ball hit the wall and flew back, hitting Marko in the chest. He groaned in pain, clutching his chest while bending over. Paul and Ophelia burst out laughing while Marko continued to groan in pain.

"Not funny". Marko looked over at them.

"You're right. It's hilarious!" Ophelia said, laughing once more along with Paul.

"Whatever.  I quit".  Marko waved them off and then started to walk away.

"Where are you going?"  Paul called to him.

"Away from you two".

"Fine. Guess I'll just have to go on the carousel all alone".  Ophelia sighed loudly, making Marko stop and look at her with sad eyes.

"But you said we would go on it together".  He pointed out and she 'sighed' again.

"But you said-"

"Forget what I said." Marko interrupted her before grabbing her hand and starting to pull her in the direction of the carousel.

"I think he's more excited than you".  Paul said while following behind the two.

The three were waiting and looked at the carousel with anticipation. The outside horses were always the first to go since those are the ones you grab the rings from.

"I swear I will shove a child". Paul told them as he watched more people get an end horse.

"You two are on your own". Ophelia said as she gave her ticket to the lady and quickly ran over to find a horse, deserting the others.

Ophelia was the first to find a horse and quickly scrambled on it while the other two got on one as well. The two boys cheered like...well children.

The buzzer went off and the ride began. Ophelia had her hand out ready to grab a ring and quickly grabbed one and threw it at the clown's mouth but failed as it hit the side. She was still unsuccessful in getting one in the mouth and she was hoping tonight would be the breaker.

Paul was next and missed. He had a little tantrum on the horse along with a swear.

Marko was after and succeeded. Marko clapped his hands together, proud of himself. The bell went off and some people on the carousel cheered.

That was the beauty of the carousel. People of all ages on it cheered whenever someone successfully got the ring in the clown's mouth. Even if you couldn't get the ring in, hearing the cheering and being part of it was all you needed.

The end result of the carousel was:

Ophelia 0

Paul 6

And Marko 4

Ophelia hopped down from the horse, the bottom of her feet stinging from the impact of the ground as she headed out. Paul and Marko followed behind her as she groaned.

"Why do I suck at it? I don't get how people get it in?" She asked, her arms waving in the air.

"Aw. Cheer up Ophelia. Once you'll make your first kill you'll get one in". Paul said, swinging an arm around her shoulder.

Ophelia narrowed her eyes and turned slightly, giving Paul a punch in the side. Paul immediately let go and whined.

"Ow."

And then Ophelia flicked Paul's forward, making him grab his head. Marko was laughing from Paul's pain while Paul looked at Ophelia with annoyance.

"Why must you hurt me, little sister?" Paul questioned.

"Stupid!" Ophelia pointed at him. "Humans were getting it in the clown's mouth. Changing won't do anything". She then waved him off before continuing to walk.

Some people were fighting near a corn dog stand where the worker was yelling at a few people so Ophelia gracefully walked over.  She reached over the counter when the man wasn't looking and grabbed three bags of chips.  She then walked back towards where the boys were walking and threw them each a bag.

The three made their way on the beach, away from everyone as Ophelia ate some of her chips and then stuck her free hand towards Paul, opening and closing her palm. Paul whined knowing what she wanted.

"Stop being a baby and give me the fucking weed before I rip your head off and shove it up your own ass while you're still conscious. Then I would get a stake, drown it in holy water and drive that through your heart" Ophelia threatened.

Marko's mouth fell open, a chip falling out of it while Paul looked like he was about shit himself. "God, alright. Your threats are weird when you're cranky". Paul put the bag under his arm while he dug out a joint and a lighter, handing it over to her.

Ophelia was a very calm person that talked with grace and was just overall respected. But lately, she has been getting waves of anger that would result in her lashing out and making the strangest threats. The boys came to the conclusion that it was her body fighting with itself being a half-vampire.

Or in Paul's dummy terms, "Ophelia not feel good. Her angry"

Ophelia shoved her bag of chips towards him as she grabbed the items from his hands. Ophelia stuck the joint in her hand, trying to light it, but it only flickered for a moment before going out.

"Paul, your lighter's shit". Marko told him with a mouthful of chips.

Ophelia finally got it to light and inhaled the toxic substance, closing her eyes as she blew the smoke out. "I feel like something is clawing inside of me". She whined.

"Yeah, man. I never met someone who went as long as you being half-vampire". Paul looked at her a bit worriedly.

"Is that even good for you?" Marko questioned.

"I don't know but it feels good". Paul snickered.

"I'm talking about being half-vampire, dumbass".

Paul's lips pursed together, not saying anything as he only ate from Ophelia's chip bag since he finished his own. Ophelia leaned against the wall before sliding down the wall as she felt everything spin in a euphoric way. She blew more smoke out as she kept the joint between her lips while her hands dug into the sand.

The pain finally went away.

For now.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.7K 353 13
Michaela Emerson isn't new to Santa Carla, but she is a now permanent residence after her family moves in with her grandfather following a bitter div...
15.7K 427 47
Luna was only 10 years old when her sister, Star, ran away from home. Desperately, Luna and her parents search for Star, but they never find her. ...
6.9K 208 20
Aurora Weber has to move to the wonderful, safe town of Santa Carla, California after her parents split up. It's supposed to be a new start. Who woul...
282K 6.1K 26
"How do you keep a flower shop open in Santa Carla of all places?" "Easist gift for the grieving. Flower shops thrive in places like this." "And how...