when heaven and hell meet

By naijagal19

"If that demon were to see you, he would kiss your eyes and repent. Your body is sinful perfection. It's the... More

Authors Note
Prologue
one
two
three
four
five
six
7
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
14
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
21
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
28
twenty nine
thirty
thirty one
thirty one and a half
thirty-two
thirty three
thirty four
35
thirty six
thirty seven
thirty eight
thirty nine
forty
fourty one
fourty two and a half
fourty three
forty four
forty five
fourty six
fourty seven
fourty eight
49
Epilogue
thank you + announcements

42

12.5K 498 945
By naijagal19

Today is my birthday (1/19) so fill this up with comments and votes if you love me mwuah 💋

It's a number chapter YALL know I love dramatics 😘

(1/31) I tested positive for covid... but enjoy the chapter lovelies!!!

Saint

: young and beautiful (lana del rey)

Lucille Black is a fucking liar.

She looked me in the eyes and lied right to my face.

I could not necessarily blame her. I supposed it's a ludicrous request to ask your girlfriend of one day to murder you, but still.

I felt guilty.

Making Luci promise something like during a moment so intimate was wrong of me, I know. But there was no way I was going to let her die.

The option of her killing a council member- hopefully Charlie- was still up in the air, but I knew it wasn't an option we could rely on.

The only angel who'd be the easiest to kill would be me.

Simply because I would let her.

Throughout the last few days, I had contemplated if I was suicidal. I mean who offers their life so easily without any contest? Surely I must have been sick.

But as I looked at Luci who was now cradled in my lap, I knew I wasn't sick.

I was just in love.

"You're being awfully quiet," she said. "Are you okay, angel?"

Luci was a breath of fresh air. Always bringing me back when my mind had wandered somewhere.

I pushed her hair away from her face and pulled her body closer to my chest.

"Is that your new nickname for me?" I asked.

She clung to the collar of my shirt and nodded.
"It fits you more than it does me," she smiled. "Do you like it when I call you that?"

"I like whatever you call me," I whispered.

She smiled and sat upright so that she was straddling my lap. Her head rested against my chest as she snuggled into my embrace.

After I made her promise me, I gave her my promise in return. I made sure she came at least three times since I had felt so guilty. It's safe to say she was quite exhausted after that.

"We really shouldn't be in libraries alone together," she yawned. "But this one is very beautiful."

I chuckled and looked up at the high ceiling. It had an older style regency touch to it, and all the furniture seemed to be antique. The shelves were a golden brass color and were abnormally high. I wasn't sure how anyone could've possibly reached most of the books.

"Can you read to me?" Luci whispered. "I just want to stay here with you and not think about anything else."

I kissed the top of her head and smiled.
"Of course darling," I replied.

Instead of just getting up, I grabbed her waist and made sure her legs were securely wrapped around me. When I stood up, she promptly latched her arms around my neck as I carried us over to where the books were.

The books were all lined up against each other but they were very dusty. I picked a blue one off of the shelf and quickly realized that these were not your regular books.

"What in the world," I whispered underneath my breath.

I blew the dust off the book whilst also using my right arm to support Luci's back so that she wouldn't fall. The language was recognizable and I realized it was Latin.

"Sorry love, I'm pretty sure all of these books are in Latin," I whispered in her ear.

She groaned into my shoulder and buried her head into it. "Find something," she sighed. "Please."

I rolled my eyes and saw a thick red book on the bottom shelf. I bent down slightly and picked up. It had a velvet covering and a gold inscription stitched in English.

"The Story of Lilith and Lucifer," I read aloud. "Seems interesting."

And it's in English.

I sat us back down on the chair and Luci sat sideways on my lap. I dusted off the book cover and started to read.

・:*:・。☆。・:*:・゚

Unknown POV

Lucifer was growing impatient.

He had begged Lilith for over an hour to stand in front of the canvas so that he could paint her. Sure he already had hundreds of paintings of her scattered around the manor, but one more couldn't hurt.

"Lilith," Lucifer yelled. "Come stand in front of me again. I need to paint the details of your eyes perfectly."

Lilith floated into the room with a brand new black lace dress. Instead of standing where her lover instructed, she thought it'd be funny to snatch the paintbrush right out of his hand.

"What are you doing Lilith?" Lucifer asked.

The demon smirked. Her brown skin had a golden tint, and her black eyes shimmered with mischievousness.

"You've been painting all evening," she complained.

She sashayed over to him and wrapped her arms around his neck.

"Why don't you occupy your time with something more important," she whispered into his ear. "Something like... me."

Lilith smiled and sat on his lap gingerly. She was practically the embodiment of seduction. There was no doubt in her mind Lucifer would deny her.

Lucifer placed his hands against her back and tilted his head back when she placed a kiss on his neck. When Lilith tried again, and he repeated his previous movement, she grew frustrated.

"You've been avoiding me Lucifer," she said sharply.

He had been avoiding her but not for the reason she was thinking.

Lucifer and Lilith had spent years trying for a child. But because of the curse, each time they tried ended in a gruesome miscarriage. Lucifer had suggested they adopt or just not have any kids at all. This would have worked except for one fickle problem.

The one thing Lilith loved more than Lucifer was motherhood.

She longed to be a mother.

Lucifer knew this and wanted to do everything in his power to make her one. What he wouldn't tell is her that he didn't want to be a father. He didn't care much for children since they were too little and could not do anything for themselves. He saw them as liabilities and not assets.

And deep down he knew he would never be a good father anyway.

As much as he loved Lilith he could never tell her that he did not want to be one.

"I just that you wouldn't want to do anything because of all the miscarriages," he said. "I know we've been trying but it's important to me that you physically and mentally recover."

She scoffed and caressed his cheek lovingly. "I'm perfectly fine," she said. "And this time will be different... it has to be."

Lucifer scratched his neck and refrained from groaning.

He loved Lilith.

If she asked for a rose, he'd give her a hundred. If she wanted a new dress, he buy her an entirely new wardrobe.

But the one thing he could not give her, simply because he did not want to...was a child.

It was not just that he wouldn't be a good father. He just couldn't imagine bringing a child into the world that shared even an ounce of his DNA. Lucifer did not want the child's identity to be based on being his child. He wanted more for them.

"Why are you avoiding this," she whined. "It's almost like you don't want children at all."

He was silent for too long because a second before he could muster up an excuse she gasped.

"Oh," Lilith yelled. "You don't want children at all."

She got up off his lap and backed away from him. Lucifer stood up and calmly set his paintbrush and pallet down.

"I didn't say that," he began.

"You didn't have to," she scoffed. Tears started to brim in her eyes and her hands started to tremble.

Lucifer's heart sank to the bottom of his stomach. With sadness, came anger and when Lilith was angry it never ended well.

"Lilith," he said softly. "Please calm down and let me explain my love."

"Fuck you, and your explanation!" she spat out. "We kept trying to have kids, only for you to never want them! You're a selfish fucking monster!"

Monster. She knew what that word did to him. She knew how many people had called him that ugly word. If she wanted to see a monster, he would show her one.

"You were cursed!" he screamed. "God cursed you and now you will never, ever, be able to have children! So stop getting yourself pregnant and suffering through traumatic miscarriages, all in the name of a useless child!"

He wished he could take it back. He wished he would've said it differently. But the damage was done. Silence loomed in the air, and the creak of the door behind them startled the quarreling couple.

Lucifer knew that Roderick had been listening behind the door for quite some time now. Roderick was his second in command and one of the most powerful demons he knew. Some might even say that Roderick was Lucifer's one and only friend.

"Is everything all right?" he asked.

"Yes," Lucifer replied quickly. "Everything is fine. Please leave us to finish our discussion."

  Roderick looked at Lilith and awaited her response. When she didn't meet his eyes or say anything, he spoke again.

"Lily?" he asked softly. "Is everything alright?"

Lilith took the skillfully crafted ring off of her finger calmly. She placed it in the palm of her hand and Lucifer's face fell when he realized what she was about to do.

Her hand engulfed in flames and the ring shriveled up into dust.

She took off the Waterford necklace he had handcrafted and smashed it to the ground. The necklace was made especially for Lilith, to summon Lucifer to her wherever he was. All she had to do was hold it, and say his name three times.

The necklace had bonded them. A drop of their blood intermingled within the crystal. Lucifer stared at the broken necklace on the floor in disbelief.

"Lilith," his voice shook. But when he looked up, she was gone.

His jaw clenched as the red mist of her teleportation lingered.

"Lucifer," Roderick spoke. "Are you alright? What should I do?"

He closed his eyes shut and tilted his head back. He was not weak and the last thing Lucifer would ever do was cry.

He never cried.

With one stroke of his hand, he burned the canvas that was in front of him to crisps and wiped the table of all the materials he had used to the floor.

"Go and find her," he ordered to Roderick.

"Yes, of course, sir," Roderick replied.

He clenched his fists to stop himself from doing anything daft. The way Lucifer had berated Lilith had made his blood boil.

"Oh, and Roderick," Lucifer said. "I know what happened between you two. Don't let me remind you again to keep your hands off of my Lilith."

Roderick's breath caught in his throat as Lucifer walked past him and slammed the door shut.

Days ago, he and Lilith had shared a chaste kiss outside of the manor walls. It was quick, but it was also a mistake. He was comforting her but she was so close to him that he could not help himself.

He shrugged the memory out of his mind and focused on the task at hand. He knew where to find Lilith. He envisioned the place in his mind and focused on placing his body there. With his eyes closed, he centered his mind.

When Roderick opened his eyes, coldness surrounded him. Out of all nine circles of Hell, Lilith decided to choose the final and coldest one.

It was a ginormous cave of ice with colossal sharp icicles plunging periodically and landing on the frozen dead bodies.

The ninth circle was a frozen lake reserved for people who have betrayed the trust of someone or something close and special.

It was a fitting room for the occasion.

Roderick spotted Lilith right away in the center of the frozen lake. She was calculating the icicles that fell periodically and which bodies they would plunge first.

She knew Roderick was there and did not bother turning around. Instead, she sat there and continued to calculate.

"Go away Roderick," Lilith whispered. The cold air left her lips.

"Lily," Roderick said. "You must come back. He's worried about you."

He wrapped his arms around her in an attempt to give her some warmth. She closed her eyes and leaned into his embrace with a sigh.

"You love me?" she asked. "Don't you?"

He pulled her over his lap and gazed deeply into her black eyes.

"More than life itself."

"Then you know how much being a mother means to me Roderick," she said. "And because of this curse, and Lucifer not willing to try...I just don't see my reason for living anymore."

He held Lilith tighter and lifted her chin to meet his eyes. "Don't say that Lily," he said. "If it means anything, I know you'd make a great mother."

She cried softly into his chest for a minute, before lifting her head to meet his eyes.

"Roderick," she whispered.

"Yes Lily," he said.

"Please forgive me."

"Forgive you for what?" he asked.

"For not loving you in the way you wanted me to," she said. "And for what I am about to do now."

She pulled away and laid her body flat against the ice. Just like she had been calculating, the largest and sharpest icicle broke from the top of the cave and plunged through her heart.

The curse had not only made Lilith unable to have children, but it also took away her immortality in Hell. Lucifer had been careful in trying to keep Lilith alive, but he had never considered keeping Lilith safe from herself.

Roderick knew what she was going to do since before she had done it, she opened her mind and heart to him. He loved Lilith so he would let her go.

But the most selfish thing he did not want to admit was that Roderick would rather have Lilith dead than let Lucifer have her to himself.

I mean he was a demon after all.

Roderick didn't remember the events after his Lily had died.

Life did not seem to bloom and flourished as it once did. Time had slowed down.

He remembered telling Lucifer and seeing him cry for the first time. He remembered Lucifer standing over her body trying to bring her back. He remembered the countless visits to the apothecary who was tasked with making a vial to give Lilith her life back. But that was it.

"Bring her back!" Lucifer yelled at the apothecary.

"I've done all I can. I gave her the strongest rejuvenal that I have. Lilith will come back," the apothecary said. "But not as how you once knew her."

"What are you talking about?"

"Her soul will choose a vessel to settle in. It may choose one now or thousands of years from now but it will choose."

"What are you saying?"

"Lilith will reincarnate into a human," he said.

"And it will be up to you to find her."

・:*:・。☆。・:*:・

Saint

"Well that was dark," I said. "I'm sorry it wasn't a fun story."

Luci yawned and shrugged her shoulders in response.

"Well now I know my father never wanted kids," she said. "Makes perfect sense. I feel bad for Lilith, she just wanted a child."

"It sucks that she revolved her whole life around being a mother though," she continued. "I mean, having children isn't everything."

"Do you want children?" I asked. "One day?"

She gave me a look as if to remind me she didn't have much time left but I ignored it.

"I've never really thought about it," she said. "I don't think I'd be a very good mother. I'm barely a good girlfriend."

"What are you talking about?" I asked. "You're a great girlfriend."

And I know you'd be the most loving mother.

"I've never given you a gift, I've never bought you anything, and good girlfriends don't promise to kill their boyfriends," she said. "All of those things make me awful."

"Are you being serious right now?" I asked. "Luci, you don't have to buy me things to be considered a good girlfriend."

"I know," she sighed. "But I'm gonna get you something special. Just so you can say "I have this. My girlfriend gave it to me."

I hid my smile and pulled her closer to me.

"And I'll love whatever gift you give me angel."

I leaned down to kiss her and she wrapped her arms around my neck to deepen it. My hand gripped her lower back and then her neck. I would never be able to get enough of her.

"Sorry to interrupt," a voice said.

We looked up and saw the twins standing awkwardly by the library entrance. Charlotte's eyes were red and Jayden hid behind with avoiding Luci's gaze.

"Mom said it's time for dinner," she said.

I refrained from rolling my eyes and stared at Luci's lips.

"We're busy."

"She said it's important," Jayden spoke.

Luci gave me a sad smile and got up off my lap. She adjusted her shirt and went over to embrace the twins individually.

"Sorry he's a bit grumpy when he doesn't get what he wants," she apologized. "How are you guys feeling?"

"I've been better," Charlotte laughed. "I feel like I am hyper-aware of things now. It's strange."

"I'm glad you're alright," Luci smiled. She turned toward me and beckoned me over. "Come on Saint, let's go to dinner."

I got up off the chair and followed Luci and the twins out of the library. They led us to the dining room which was even more beautiful than the library. The ceiling was high and there were large stained glass windows. The furniture had an old-fashioned touch and the room's walls were painted a rustic beige.

Everyone was already seated at the dining table with a plate in front of them. Celia and Roderick whispered to each other in hushed voices. I had yet to tell Luci about Charlie, but I didn't want to worry her tonight. She already had an eventful day.

The dining table had candles in the center and a large roasted chicken in the center. My mother had made my favorite pasta and she came in through the side door with a bowl of salad.

"I'm glad you two are here to join us," she smiled.

Rolling my eyes I grabbed Luci by the hand and led us to the far end of the table. I placed my hand on top of her thigh and placed a plate in front of her.

"I don't feel like eating," she said quietly to me.

I gripped her thigh and brought my voice down low. "Just try a little bit."

Her body grew warm and she placed her hand on top of mine in an attempt to pull it off. Hiding my smirk, I moved my hand up higher and kept it there.

"Not here," she whispered.

"See you're saying that," I replied. "Whilst spreading your legs. I'm getting mixed signals here."

My hand got caught on the inside of her thighs at the same time she had bolted them shut. She was so nervous I was going to something it was a bit funny. I would never disrespect her in front of our families. I just wanted to have some slight fun.

"We're at the dinner table Saint," she whispered. "Have some decorum."

She looked around at everyone who was minding their own business. Marcus and Khalil were whispering harshly amongst each other and so were Roderick and Celia. Our mothers seemed to be working together bringing things over to the table while the twins helped.

Nobody was paying attention to us.

When Luci got shy like this it confused the hell out of me.

The same girl who rode me in a moving car was also the same girl who was shy about holding hands with me in the mall.

I slyly "fixed" the neckline of her shirt with my free hand and brought my mouth down to her ear to whisper.

"Don't lecture me about decorum when it was you last night begging for me to go down on you on the kitchen cou-"

"We have something to discuss with all of you," Roderick spoke aloud.

My phone vibrated in my pocket, and I quickly checked the notification before switching it off.

Another call from Emma. Can she give me a break?

"Sorry," I apologized. "Continue."

Luci gave me a look, and I tried my best to slyly glance at the messages Emma had sent me. I knew I was supposed to delete her number, but something didn't feel right.

"Maybe they should eat dinner first?" my mother spoke.

"No, I think they should hear this first," Roderick replied. "Just so everyone can understand the gravity of the situation we are in."

I kept a straight face and braced myself for the absolute shit-show that was about to unfold. Celia and I knew the whole story, but everyone else did not.

"I don't want to alarm anyone," Roderick began. "But somebody on the council knows we are here."

The sound of glass smashing onto the floor startled us. We turned to see Mallory frozen in place, and a glass container containing vegetables broken on the floor.

"No," she choked out. "That can't be. How did they find us? It's far too soon for all of this."

The air grew still and I felt Luci's legs begin to tremble. I stroked her thigh up and down, to calm her but it was not working.

"The children had an encounter with one of them just yesterday," Roderick sighed. "All that matters is that he knows we are here."

"What are we supposed to do now?" Luci asked.

"Well we'll increase our training schedule. For you, Saint and the twins specifically," Roderick said. "I'll put up barriers around the place to block angels from coming through."

Mallory scoffed and broke out of her state of shock. She pulled her long braids behind her to reveal a red crystal necklace around her neck. She held it in her hand tightly and gave an all-knowing look to Roderick.

"Mallory, don't," he warned.

She held the necklace close to her heart and a warm tear slipped down her cheek.

"I'm summoning Lucifer," she said. "We need help."

Roderick sprung from the table and made his way toward Mallory. He gripped the hand in which she held the necklace in, and pulled it forward.

"I said don't," he gritted out.

The sound of a slap rang throughout the room as her hand came in contact with his cheek.

"You don't fucking tell me what do," she said.

Something shifted in Roderick's eyes. His eyes always looked at Mallory with adoration, but this gaze was different.

"You really think he'd show up?" he asked. "He left you for a reason. He sent these kids here for a reason. I stayed here for a reason. He's not going to show."

"You're a fucking asshole, Roderick," she whispered. "He- he loves me. He'll come back. I just have to summon him-"

"Why can't you let him go?" Roderick screamed. "It's been almost 19 years! He hasn't been here! I've been here! Let me fix this, not him. Why do you keep acting like her?"

I glanced at my mother who silently walked out of the dining area. I felt bad for her, but she should have known what she was getting into.

"Like who?" she retorted.

"Like Lilith," Roderick said calmly. "And if you keep acting like her. You're going to repeat the same cycle."

I immediately looked at Luci, who gave me the same look. Her head whipped around to face her mother.

"It's you," Luci whispered.

Mallory's brow furrowed as she looked at her daughter. "What are you talking about, Lucille?"

"You're Lilith," she said. "From the story. You're the reincarnation."

Mallory laughed and looked at Roderick in disgust. "I won't deny that," her mother said calmly. "But that is honestly the least of our concern right now dear."

She pulled away from Roderick and held her necklace tight.

"If the council comes, the only person I care about protecting is my daughter," she explained. "Roderick. You have three children here. I don't doubt your abilities but I want somebody who will give their life to protect Luci."

"I will protect her Mallory, and I will teach her how to protect herself!"

She sniffled and looked at Luci with sadness in her eyes. "That is not enough for me."

Her eyes shut tight as took a deep breath and whispered his name three times.

"Lucifer," she whispered.

The ground beneath us started to shake and I held on to the chair arm for stability.

"Lucifer," she whispered again.

Plates spilled out of the china cabinet and the doors inside of the dining room began to close on their own.

Everyone looked absolutely terrified while Khalil looked like he was about to leap for joy that Lucifer would be summoned here.

The ground kept shaking and my heart quickened in anticipation.

"Lucifer," she whispered finally.

Suddenly everything stilled.

My heart beat erratically as we all anticipated something big to happen.

We waited.

And waited.

But nothing happened.

Mallory seemed to deflate instantly while Roderick looked smug as ever.

"I told you," Roderick said lowly. He pulled the necklace off of her neck and slammed it down onto the floor. The necklace broke into small pieces as Rod stepped on it.

"He's not coming."

He turned his heel and left the dining room before yelling, "Training resumes tomorrow!"

Mallory collapsed to the floor and tried to repair the broken necklace piece by piece. It was a pitiful sight to see.

Luci got up and immediately went over to comfort her mother.

"Mom," she whispered. "Everything is going to be okay. It's okay, we don't need him."

She sobbed quietly into Luci's arms and shook her head. "You don't understand how powerful the council is. When they find out what you are, what Saint and the twins are... they'll murder all of you. No questions asked."

I dropped down on the floor and placed an encouraging hand on her shoulder.

"If it makes you feel any better, I will do anything I can to protect Luci," I whispered. "I will protect her with my life, Ms. Black."

She gave me a sincere smile but shook her head. "I appreciate that Saint, but your life matters as well. It would be selfish of me to rely on such a young boy like you."

"I know but-"

I was cut off when my phone had rung again. Luci threw me a look, and I immediately stood up off the floor.

"I'm sorry, I need to go and take this," I apologized.

I stepped out of the dining room and walked a few feet down the hallway. Looking at the caller ID, it was no one other than Emma.

This will be the last conversation I have with this girl. After this, I'm deleting and blocking her number.

I pressed answer and was greeted with an annoyingly high-pitched voice.

"Saint!" Emma gasped. "You answered. I didn't think you would answer. I have so much to tell-"

"You need to stop calling me!" I yelled in a whisper. "After today, I'm cutting off all contact with you. We are not a couple Emma, so you can stop-"

"I'm pregnant!" she blurted out through the phone.

I paused for a moment and laughed to myself in disbelief.

"What did you just say?" I asked.

"I'm pregnant," she repeated.

I was hearing things. Why was my body slowly growing hot? My palms were getting sweaty and my brain seemed to be malfunctioning.

"And it's yours."

________________________________

500k reads omfg.... Thank you lovelies.

350 votes and I'll release the next chapter 🤫

Lol. Next chapter in Emma's POV (maybe). I love the drama 🥰

Thoughts on Lilith and Lucifer? 🤔

So many new readers my goodness. Hope y'all are enjoying the story so far at least :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

254K 8.1K 19
''You don't know me?'' he asked me with the same soft voice. ''How could I?'' I yelled, struggling even harder. ''Let m-me go!'' My voice started to...
399K 10.4K 16
MATURE CONTENT 18+🔞 MATURE RATED PLEASE DO NOT REPORT Delta was 23, she dumped her boyfriend of 3 years to accept a job offer in New York that she d...
307K 14.1K 84
Now Complete! *** It begins with sultry dreams, a shadowed apparition relentlessly seeking the sweet heat of her body no matter how Sable resists. Po...
1.3M 13K 15
"Mine." His low growl of possession took my heart and the fate of my panties. They were soaked through with arousal. Damn it. I stroked his face as h...