Co-Workers || SparklingHerb |...

By puck420

This is being continued by @24HoursUntillTomorrow ^^ Letting go is the hardest. Even when it benefits you. He... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Important:
Oh shoot...
Update//Continuation 💕

Chapter 4

427 9 7
By puck420

Herb cried even after Clover and his boyfriend exited the living room. He cried for so long, however, he tried not to be loud. It was unbearable to be pushed past your limits—to be violated so terribly you had nightmares for weeks.

He was so scared, so traumatized, he couldn't even let himself get up. He was offered the guest bedroom, but Herb decided to stay sitting on the couch for a while.

It wasn't until mere hours into the next morning he finally got up and went to the guest bedroom. He was so exhausted. He was so tired. He was so done with everything. He crawled onto the bed, letting everything relax.

His body felt numb for a moment. He felt nothing. Then his eyes fluttered closed as he fell asleep.

•••

No noise was in the house. Nothing to cause Herb to wake. The only thing that forced him awake was the terrifying memories. They flooded his mind while he slept. The nightmare would be on repeat for many nights after that.

He woke in a small panic. He breathing was unsteady and he was sweating a bit. He looked to the nearest window: bright. What time was it?

Oh fuck.

Hm...

OH FUCK!

Herb frantically searched around the covers, until finally, he found the little electronic for information <3 ... Oh god. At best he would be 2 hours late.

He dropped his phone and went to the door where he left his bag. He dug through for some clothes and pulled out an outfit. He went back to the room and threw on the button up and the khakis. He didn't have time to put a sweater over it so he rocked it like that.

He put on his shoes from yesterday, which didn't really match well, but that was fine. He grabbed his phone before practically racing to the door. He left the house and walked down the side walk. He was basically running though.

•••

The bar doors flung open as a disheveled looking Herb walked in. Sparkling didn't pay much mind, thinking it was just another customer. But he soon noticed the vibrant green hair and stopped in his tracks. He left from behind the bar and paced to Herb.

He didn't take a moment to look into Herb's appearance before questioning him, "What happened?? Why are you late-??" Herb stammered. He couldn't think of much, "I know it doesn't help, but I'm so sorry! Today—last night!, it was all... crazy. I'm.."

Some thoughts went back into Herb's mind. He shuffled away from Sparkling ever-so-slightly. He suddenly felt like he had to vomit. He felt sick. He swallowed a build up of saliva and looked down.

"..So sorry"

Sparkling was taken aback by how he had a demeanor switch. He seemed... nervous. Not like, embarrassed from being late. Nervous as if he had witnessed something traumatic right before his very eyes. He wondered...

"Herb. See me after we close."

Sparkling sounded cold and firm in his tone. Without saying another word he retreated to his bar.

Herb blinked in astonishment as he tried to comprehend the conversation. Was he getting fired? Was he going to be yelled at? What if he still had to work but he wouldn't get paid!!—or, maybe that was illegal...

He grabbed the note pad from the normal location and looked at the few people who sat at tables. He began going up to each, asking them about their day and what they would like. Most grumbled and complained about how the place had been really hectic and they hadn't been served even a drink.

•••

The day was short, yet it felt so long to Herb. He was constantly worrying. And for Sparkling, it was no better. His mind was occupied as well, to such a point that he misheard people and served them wrong. He wondered what happened to Herb. Something with a friend or family? He suddenly went over in his head the things Fruitcake had said.

[Lil Cut Scene]

"He's very effeminate!!~He doesn't even man up to let me fuck him"

Fruitcake nagged to Sparkling, being so drunk he couldn't even sit straight. Sparkling only humored his conversation since he was the only one left in the bar. It was quite late and Sparkling cleaned glasses with a rag.

"Ever consider he just isn't ready? Or doesn't like sex in general." Sparkling asked in a matter-of-a-fact tone.

Fruitcake scoffed, laying his head down. "Pfft, that slut always does shit to work me up, but never commits. Dresses so well in public;sometimes I think he does it for other people specifically."

"Yeah? Like who."

Fruitcake rolled his eyes, simply scoffing. Hell if he knew. He kept his head down, reaching out and arm to fidget with his half empty glass.

"Make me another, Sparkling."

[End]

They closed a bit early that day, for whatever reason, but it worried Herb quite a bit. Sparkling had finished cleaning the counter. He took off his apron and approached Herb, who was fumbling around, finding something to clean so he could be kept somewhat occupied.

Sparkling practically cornered Herb. He seemed to have a glare, but not an angry one. A certain type that a mother would give when her child misbehaved in public, warning them.

Herb shifted his gaze, he was practically leaning so far into the wall to "stay safe". But.. Sparkling didn't yell. He didn't scream... he didn't hit, he didn't curse. He didn't scold Herb... what did he know?

Sparkling stepped back a bit, so Herb was less tightly packed into the wall. He noticed how nervous Herb had become. He wondered why he was so fidgety, how he was so easily scared or startled.

"What happened."

Herb was startled, dumbfounded. What did he mean?? So many things happened everyday. That's not specific for him at all. Sparkling reiterated,

"You're off. You're nervous and fidgety. I've seen you zone out multiple times today. I'm very worried."

Herb looked down to his feet, "Nothing..." he examined the floor, and how he could get out of this. He noted Sparkling's posture.

Sparkling seemed to notice the distracted mind of Herb's. He understood what he was looking for. He had a deal of customers try to escape from paying, he was used to it. He was used to the strategic plans that they'd run over their heads. He knew Herb was planning. Sparkling opened his body some, ready for the escape Herb would try to make. And it worked.

Herb tried his best to dash away from the confrontation. He tried to run to the door. He tried to get away: buy some time! But he was unsuccessful.

Sparkling simply stuck out an arm, it lassoed around Herb's waist, halting him to a complete stop. He kept trying to pry away from Sparkling, but alas, he was no match for the skilled and prepared bartender.

Sparkling stared at the now dispirited Herb. He didn't understand why Herb was so ready to jet out of the situation. Herb sniffled under his breath, letting out a soft whine, "Why won't you let me just leave..." Sparkling was taken aback. He didn't understand why Herb couldn't just be honest!

"Why won't you let me know what happened?" Sparkling raised his voice a bit, getting so upset that he couldn't help out Herb. He knew there was something so wrong with him.

"Why the hell do you care so much!?!?" Herb snapped. He didn't mean to. He really didn't. He pried away from Sparkling, but pushed against the wall. He covered his face and slumped down to the floor. He sobbed, tears spreading to his hands.

Sparkling turned wide-eyed then bent down to Herb. He reached out a hand and placed it on the others shoulder, comforting him as much as he could. He knew he was pushy but he didn't mean to make him cry.

Herb sobbed, leaning into Sparkling a bit. He tried to uncover his face and form words but he was too much of a mess to form anything coherent, "I— He. Fruc-ke, he, he.— I couln-nt, I t-tried—"

Sparkling shushed him and brought Herb into a hug. "I know it wasn't my place to force you into cracking, I'm sorry. I just knew there was something wrong and I hated standing idly without being able to help"

Herb rubbed his eyes, taking in sharp breaths, "I.. I can't say anything yet.. I'm n-not ready.." Sparkling nodded. "Don't you walk here everyday?" Herb nodded as a response. "Here, I can drive you home. Just tell me your address." Herb smiled, albeit with red puffy eyes making him just look high.

Published: 1/23/22 (US FORM)
Sorry if this is bad or rushed. This is what you get for never making time to complete important projects 💀

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.6K 154 12
Cover art is mine** The cookies who followed dark enchantress were suddenly able to cut their ties in a moment of truth, in a final decision to prove...
7.5K 138 28
Sparkling's working at his bar as usual when a cookie walks in one day. Herb. He's new to the kingdom and met Sparkling at the last stop of his tour...
115K 922 32
Hey re-updating this, List your request...while I may not post consistently or at all that doesn't mean I won't write your story! I apologize for any...
2.3K 60 10
Gingerbrave,A young boy has a strange dream and gets lured into the forest by a mysterious voice. Soon he is given a task,save Earthbread from a grow...