IN THE DOLLHOUSE

By lizpvara

Erin Greene moves from the coastline of California to the inner valley, treading lightly in her new neighborh... More

Introduction
Chapter 1: New Neighborhood, New Life
Chapter 2: Minh's Email
Chapter 4: Life-Changing Conversation
Chapter 5: In The Dollhouse

Chapter 3: The Awkward Dinner

1 0 0
By lizpvara

Erin is feeling awkward. She reveals how much she does not trust her step-father, Lee. Perhaps it is due to how her own mother reacts to what he tells her about Erin. This may be typical in blended families where one's natural children, who have faced a divorce of their own parents, experience a sense of estrangement and even loneliness.

Her family is headed out to a restaurant to enjoy dinner on a Friday night. It appears every one who is responsible for the well-being of little kids are finally getting a break after enduring the hardship of a move to a new neighborhood. Erin, however, is dreading a talk with her parents after she just lashed out at Lee. She soon comes to realize the real relationship she will always have will be with her very own mother, Ana Maria.

Erin thinks she knows her mother but she may feel as if she has chosen the side of her second husband when it comes to parenting. Though her mom has her plate full with working, taking care of two young children and a teenager, and running a household, she makes an effort to understand Erin's uncertainties and insecurities.

Perhaps Erin does not understand how her mom is trying to make an effort. She quickly folds and turns inward, only to feel awkward toward the one person who should know her the best. Though there may be other factors, such as fatigue and depression which may be playing a role in why Erin feels ousted, it will be up to Erin to accept where she is in her life during her current moment.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

176K 7.1K 40
Amaira Romano , the princess of ITALY. A cute little inoccent girl who can make anyone heart flutter at her cuteness. Everything was going smoothly...
58.4K 3K 52
The Rajputs well known as the most powerful and devil's for the people who tries to messed up with them people got goosebumps just by listening to th...
504K 32.2K 41
Let's see how different personalities mends with each other to form a beautifull bond together. Where the Eldest is calm and cold, Second is aggress...
Fate By Mani

General Fiction

373K 19K 99
fate : be destined to happen, turn out, or act in a particular way. Often people try to navigate through life with their own plans and wonder why thi...