Please Forgive Me

Per Beautyinbooksblog

Maxon Blake has finally found the woman of his dreams. Convincing her wasn't easy. She got away from him onc... Més

Chapter 1 - Madison
Chapter 2 - Madison
Chapter 3 - Madison
Chapter 4 - Madison
Chapter 5 - Maxon
Chapter 6 - Madison
Chapter 7 - Madison
Chapter 8 - Maxon
Chapter 9 - Madison
Chapter 10 - Maxon
Chapter 11 - Madison
Chapter 12 - Madison
Chapter 13 - Madison
Chapter 14 - Maxon
Chapter 15 - Madison
Chapter 16 - Madison
Chapter 17 - Maxon
Chapter 18 - Madison
Chapter 19 - Maxon
Chapter 21 - Madison
Chapter 22 - Madison
Chapter 23 - Madison
Chapter 24 - Madison
Chapter 25 - Madison
Chapter 26 - Madison
Chapter 27 - Maxon
Chapter 28 - Madison
Chapter 29 - Madison
Chapter 30 - Madison
Chapter 31 - Madison
Chapter 32 - Madison
Chapter 33 - Madison
Chapter 34 - Madison
Chapter 35 - Maxon
Chapter 36 - Madison
Chapter 37 - Madison
Chapter 38 - Madison
Chapter 39 - Madison
Chapter 40 - Madison
Chapter 41 - Madison
Chapter 42 - Madison
Chapter 43 - Madison
Chapter 44 - Maxon
Chapter 45 - Madison
Chapter 46 - Maxon
Chapter 47 - Madison
Chapter 48 - Maxon
Chapter 49 - Maxon
Chapter 50 - Madison
Thank you!
Please Love Me

Chapter 20 - Madison

2.5K 95 20
Per Beautyinbooksblog

Later that night Maxon apologized to me for not telling me sooner. I told him it was okay but he said no, I had the right to know but he didn't want to talk about it. He didn't want to talk about her and I completely understood. There are just some people in our pasts that are too painful to remember and neither of us would bring this up again.

Eventually, weeks go by and nothing particularly interesting has happened. I go to college. Maxon goes to games. Sometimes at home, sometimes away and I support him and he supports me. The week after he told me about Natasha his team ended up losing the game. I had never seen him so upset and I was there for him. Encouraging him. Loving him.

As for his GQ feature, it's set to come out in a few days for the October issue.

Butterflies flutter in my stomach with nerves and anticipation. We have yet to see how it looks but from what we could see it turned out really well.

Now though, I've decided to get out of the house and go for a walk. I take in the scenery as I stroll by. Maxon and I haven't gone out much to explore Boston but he promised me he would take me one of these days. I really hope so, it sure is beautiful over here.

I keep walking until I walk across a few restaurants and cafes.

Hmm, should I ask if they are hiring?

Well, I've got nothing to lose. I'll just ask.

I go inside a restaurant that has a sort of spunky feel to it and stand in line behind other customers. When it's my turn the cashier asks, "Hi, how may I help you?"

"Hi," I give her my friendliest grin which she doesn't bother to return. "I just wanted to ask if you all were hiring?"

I wait with anticipation and all she answers is, "I don't know. Was there a sign?"
"Uh, I'm not sure. I was just asking."

"Well, I'm not sure. You would have to speak with a manager."

I raise a brow. How the hell would I know who the manager is?

"Okay, well, can you call for one?"

"Sorry, they're not in." She answers in that same bored, almost annoyed tone. I take that as a sign this isn't the place for me and I tell her thank you before I leave.

"Well, that was kind of embarrassing."

I mutter to myself and decide whether I should ask anywhere else?

I sigh and continue walking until I come across a park. I decide to sit on a bench and go over my options.

I need money. I can't just live off of Maxon.

There's also the fact that I get stressed at the house doing nothing. My family isn't here and Maxon's busy most of the time.

I lean back and watch as a little squirrel runs down a tree and blends in with the fallen leaves. It is now Fall and the leaves have already started to fade into orange and red.

I ponder my options around. Do I have the courage to deal with some rude people?

I mean who does but, I get up. I'm going to ask at a clothing store.

I search up the mall on my phone and walk over there.

I spot a few 'now hiring' signs and decide to go in.

When I ask I get almost the same treatment as I did at the restaurant.

The managers aren't in.

We're hiring? The fuck? How do you work at a place and don't know if they're hiring? People I swear.

At one of the stores the employees were actually friendly and decided for me to have an interview.

I did and they told me they would let me know.

I'm not holding my breath on that one. That's what they usually say and end up picking someone else.

My stomach grumbles and I decide to go to the food court. Thankfully, I have some money on me.

I decide I'm in the mood for a poke bowl––could never turn those down––and I put in my order.

As I take a seat I spot a couple of guys eyeing me. I don't make eye contact with them, instead I choose to put on my headphones and play around on my phone.

I eat with music blaring in my ears and it's suddenly cut off by an incoming call. Vanessa. I immediately answer, grateful I won't be so alone right now.

"Hey bestie!" Comes her jubilant voice.

"Hey," I answer quietly and she instantly locks onto that.

"Where are you? I hear people in the back but you're so quiet."

I take a bite of my rice. "Yeah, I came to the local mall. I'm at the food court." I tell her and she asks me what I'm eating.

I tell her as well and she moans. Apparently she hasn't eaten all day. "Nothing besides dick."

I choke on my rice and thank goodness I ordered water or else I would've died then and there.

"Holy shit, Vanessa. You almost killed me with that."

One of the guys at the other table looks up and when I glance at him he smiles at me.

Uh, he better not come over here.

She lets out a light laugh enjoying this too much.

"You're alive, that's all that matters."

"By the grace of God. Shit, V."

I take a few more sips of my water until I feel like I can swallow again.

"So what are you doing at the mall all by yourself? I know Maxon's at practice and you..." She sniffles. "Are most likely all there on your own." Another sniffle. "I need my best friend back! I'm done! Tell Maxon I need you! You're my air Mad! My air! I can't breathe without you here!"

I laugh and I assure her that I'm fine. Somewhat.

"I'm not joking. I'm thinking of moving there myself. You know what? Maybe I will. I'll tell my parents I'll stay at Luke's house in the meantime."

I chuckle and shake my head. "I'm sure that will go over well with him."

"You know me. I love and live to torture him."

"Right."

"So really Mad, what are you doing there?"

I let out a long breath. "I was looking for a job. They were all pretty rude and basically brushed me off."

"Well, if I were you. I would just drop Maxon's name and say I was his girlfriend. That ought to do the trick."

"Vanessa!"

She lets out a snort. "What? It would make things easier."

"No, no it wouldn't." I push my food around in the bowl but don't make a move to eat any. "Besides, I can't do that to him. He's–"

The guy that was staring at me before plops down in the seat across from me. I meet his gaze and he gives me a wide grin. "Hi." He says and I ignore him.

"Mad, what were you saying? Who was that? It sounded like a male voice and I know for a fact it isn't Maxon." A pause then, "Don't tell me it's a fucking creep."

"Um," Is all I say and I glance around. Some girls eye this same guys friends and by the way they are looking at them they are eye-fucking them.

Ugh, why me?

There are so many of them.

"I'll take that as a yes. Get up and leave, Mad. Don't say anything. Just leave."

He continues eyeing me and he's starting to creep me out now. I get up and leave, leaving my poke bowl there.

Why? Why can't I ever eat a poke bowl out in public in peace?

I practically scurry out of there and tell Vanessa as much. "I left." I tell her out of breath.

"Shit. You scared me. I was about to book a private plane out to meet you over there."

Although that's not necessary, her words and having her on the phone did comfort me.

"Thank you." I tell her. "I wouldn't have known what the hell to do without you."

"No prob, Mad. That's what friends are for even from halfway across the country.

I nod though I know she can't see me.

"So what's this you were saying about a job?"

I relay everything to her as I walk back to Maxon's home.

She tells me why not apply to a local coffee shop?

No big company because they are more bitches to deal with. Her words.

"I don't know. Today was kind of a bruise to my nonexistent ego."

"You can always drop Maxon's name..."
"Yeah, no, V." I run a hand down the length of my hair. "I don't know. Maybe I'll give it a try. Tomorrow. I don't have it in me for today."

"Fair enough."

We continue to chat a bit more. This time about her. She's in her final year of college and is ready to become a veterinarian. I'm not sure what else is required to officially become one but I think she has to attend a different school? I don't know. Something like that.

Once I make it back to the house I decide to put in some time working on my own studies.

Better now than never.

***

 Thank you for reading this chapter! I've been working hard to release as many chapters as I can throughout this month. Please let me know what you think :)

Also, I originally titled the last chapter as Madison's perspective. I changed that to Maxon's. My dumbass was tired last night and I hadn't realized until this morning. 

Anyway, until next time! 

Continua llegint

You'll Also Like

1.5K 94 22
[ ᴇɴᴇᴍɪᴇꜱ ᴛᴏ ʟᴏᴠᴇʀꜱ ] "Some Monsters are created by their loved ones" "He fixed her broken heart but soon broke it again by himself" "She fell first...
Rekindling Tradition Per Thia K.

Literatura romàntica

25.4K 524 34
With eight years passed since Rylee's disappearance, Theo has moved on. Being the highest-paid football player in the league and richly decorated wit...
Please Believe Me Per

Literatura romàntica

651K 16.3K 44
Madison Rosales is not your typical 22- year-old. While everyone her age is out graduating college? She's only getting started. While everyone is out...
Please Love Me Per

Literatura romàntica

103K 3.9K 39
Everything has gone downhill for Madison Rosales and Maxon Blake. That happy and in love couple? Where are they? What happened to them? One simple a...