Under The Wisteria

By mikazukihana

One fateful night under the wisteria, where he found her being showered by the moonlight. Getting entangled b... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23

Chapter 19

28 2 0
By mikazukihana

-Megumi's POV-

He sighed as he cussed under his breath. He keeps checking his phone and scrolling it, unable to make up his mind if he should contact her or just waiting. The games both of them played sure drove his sanity to the edge. It irritated him how he knew she is into him yet he couldn't fully have her for himself. The longing feelings and the wall that she keeps put between them, he hates the fact how he only knows a few parts of her. He heard that she had been taken away by Naoya and clearly that news didn't make his anxiety better. "Dammit...", he grumbled as he just tossed his phone aside. Is she abandoning him too? Did she already make up her mind by choosing to go with other man? Both his head and his heart throbbing in pain. Being left in the dark like this with no certainty, he thought he felt used to it yet when it comes to her, it felt like he just wanted to end the world and the itch to find out everything sure bothered him. Of course he wants to go chase her to the Zenin clan residence, yet Gojo has stopped him. Reminding him his place. He might be a man that gets her heart but he is the third wheel. He is the third person between her and her fiance. The thoughts of how her fiance could maybe change her mind made his stomach feel churning. The anxious thoughts of her won't choose him in the end, keep him awake and make him feel like he is drowning. The sinful feelings he has for her, the longing feelings, Gojo was right, love is really the worst curse especially when someone is in his position. The devastation and the helpless feelings of being unable to do anything just because of his position and who he is, '..this is suffocating....'. While he feels drowning from all those thoughts, his eyes catch the fluttering glowing white light outside his window.

It didn't take him seconds to realize what it is. He got up from his bed and rushed open his window. Seeing that small white butterfly is enough to erase all those anxiety, "Megumi...I..need to see you..". Her soft voice, enough to make his heart flutter, made his cheeks faintly blushing, replacing his insecurities with happiness '..She could record her voice through this...This..sorta nice.. She could just call.. How ridiculous..'. Yet he still find her way of getting to him is romantic and adorable. Offering his hand, the small butterfly rested on his palm as he smiled fondly at it, "...I need you come to-". His eyes widened when he suddenly saw the tiny butterfly explode on his palm and somehow back into a drop of blood, "W-what the....". Seeing that, somehow he has unsettling and ominous feelings about this. "Gyoukuken Kon!", summoning his dog, he crouched down, "Find her....". Letting his dog sniff the blood, he saw how his dog seemed ready to show him the way. Seeing what just happened, he knew something is not right. Grabbed his jacket and putting his shoes on, he tried to be as sneaky and leave as quiet as he could.

"..And where do you think you are going this late at night, Megumi-chan?", he froze at his tracks when he heard that familiar voice. Turning his back, he could see Gojo and Nanami standing not far from him. "None of your business...", he put his hoodie on covering his head before starting to move, yet Gojo grabbed his arm stopping him. "If you are heading trying to find her-", haven't finished his words, his phone ringing as he picked up the call "Oh~ Shoko, what is-". His usual smile dropped as he could feel like his heart almost stopped when heard the news. [Someone attacked Mikazuki's clan! The clan has been massacred!]hearing faintly about it, Megumi's face looked at Gojo in shocked. The shocking news was enough to make his brain stop working. Feeling Gojo's hand letting go of him, he saw him vanish in the blink of an eye. Seeing how his teacher vanished just like that, he looked at Nanami in panic, knowing something bad has happened "M-mikazuki clan! Where is it?!". Seeing how Gojo vanished and how Megumi was in panic, he knew enough of what's going on "I will drive you there. Let's go..".

All the way to her place, he couldn't help feeling anxious. His hands trembled. Hearing her whole clan has been massacred, how he prays that she is with Naoya instead of there. Just the thought of her being hurt, it made him feel like about to vomit. The time they arrived, he saw how Gojo trying to get through the swarm of butterflies. The ominous and eerie atmosphere there enough to made his body froze for a few seconds. That cursed power sure overwhelming. "W-what is going on...", Megumi looked at the sight in shock when saw how many butterflies went on a rampage. Some of it eats the dead corpse and the cursed spirits, while some seems melting whatever it come contacts with. Saw Nanami and Megumi, he sighed "...It's her power.. Seems like the seal is broken... We need to-". Out of blue, the butterflies exploded just like before, turning into drops of blood. Those butterflies that flew high in the night sky that had exploded, somehow made that night like having a rain of blood for a brief moment. It didn't take them long to find her as the exploding butterflies seems lead to where she is.

The sight of what happened in that room could make anyone's stomach turn upside down. The corpse beside her, it made senses how she end up in rage and losing control of herself. They saw how her head turned to look at them with empty eyes before falling on the cold tatami. "Y/N!", he hurriedly ran to her as he saw her body fall on that pool of blood. Scooping her into his arms, "Y/n!"He held her close. The feelings of him about to lose her, tears streaming down his face as he looked at Gojo in desperation "S-sensei". Took her away from Megumi, it tore his heart seeing her in this condition, "I'll see you all at Shoko's place. Nanami, please take care of what happened here". Nanami sighed as he pulled out his phone, "Leave it to me...".

"Megumi.. You should at least sleep...", Nobara looked at him worried. It's been two days since that day and it's been two days he keeps staying by her side. He only moved to the toilet and changed his shirt, before just sitting back and sitting beside her. His eyes fixed on her. The way he is right now sure made everyone worried. Even though Shoko has healed her, no one knows why she hasn't opened her eyes. Nobara sighed seeing how stubborn and broken her friend is, "Here.. at least eat.. She will wake up, megumi..". "Thanks..", he mumbled as he finally glanced at his friend yet again his eyes fixed on y/n. Hearing the door being closed, he held her cold hand "Please wake up, y/n... I miss you..". His voice trembled like he tried to hold his tears. When Gojo told him what was happening and who probably caused all these, rage built up inside him. The grudge that starts rooting inside his heart, he swears he will kill whoever causes this to her.

His hand strokes her pale cheek, the restless and devastating feelings he has keep eating him up, how he wishes it's him instead of her that has to go through this, "Please wake up, y/n... I need you...". He whispered quietly as he brought that cold hand close to his lips, gave it a small light kiss before back put her down.

Hearing the door open, his eyes glanced at Gojo and Shoko. They could see how she is his whole world and they knew he wouldn't leave her side easily. He felt gojo hand grab his shoulder, "Shoko won't be able to treat her if you are here... Take a break, megumi". He slapped his hand away as he glared at him, before getting up from his chair and reluctantly took his leave. Even thought he didn't want to leave her, the thought that he could get in the way for her treatment, made him back away while his heavy heart keep telling him to stay instead of leaving.

-End of Megumi's POV-

Of course there is a reason why Gojo kicked Megumi out of the room and that reason is because Naoya is coming. Hiding you from your obsessive fiance is not something easy after all. He couldn't come to your rescue due to him being on a job and far away from you after sending you home with your brother. The time he heard about the news, of course he threw all his man at his disposal to go find you. Losing you is the last thing that would ever cross his mind. He wondered why Gojo would just willingly hand you over, but he just shrugged it off. The time he saw you lay there unconscious with IV and blood transfusion attached, he felt his heart ache yet he felt relieved knowing you are recovering. Rushing to your side, he looked at Shoko, "I'm taking her...". "W-what?! Moving her now- Gojo?!", Shoko looked at Gojo just stood there and looked away. Her eyes widened when saw him act like he didn't care. "What do you think you are doing?!", she saw how Naoya already had her in his arms and even already put the bag of IV and the blood transfusion resting on your chest. He just walked past Shoko as she clicked her tongue watching you being taken away by Naoya. Why not even Gojo stopping him? Legal reason. Even though they do save you, you are the fiance of Naoya. He has that legal right. As bitter as it sounds and as unfair as it is, they both know getting involved with that clan isn't really helping with the current situations. They already have their hands full with Yuji and Megumi. "Megumi will kill you if he knew about what just happened... You better have a good explanation...", Shoko glanced at Gojo and sighed, "I really have bad feelings about this you know...". 

-Naoya's POV-

He kept his calm expression all the way back home yet it could be seen how he kept holding her close. The way he holds her, it's like she is the most precious thing in his life. Wrapping his arms in a protective way, deep inside it torn him seeing her unconscious body. Putting her down on the bed, he treated her like a fragile porcelain doll that will break by a slight touch. Letting the family doctor set everything up. Guilt, regrets, and anger mixed inside of him. Of course he blamed himself for what happened to her. He shouldn't have let her go that night. He should've just said no to that job. He should've stayed with her or at least send her home. The feeling of him about to lose her, it's killing him "..I'm sorry, y/n.. I should've stayed... I should've not let you go that night..". He could feel his tears escaping a little. "I promise I will fix everything.. Please open your eyes...", he said begging. Naoya Zenin, a man that has a pride as high as the sky has begged. At that moment, he didn't even care if anyone would see or hear him. "I'd trade anything...Please God..", he mumbled as he closed his eyes, praying in desperation while holding her hand with both his hands.

Maybe God did exist and maybe it is meant to be, he could feel her fingers twitched a little in his hold. Feeling that slight movement, his head looked lifted up as he looked at her in surprised. He felt like his breath had been taken away when he saw her eyes half opened, "Y-y/n?". Worries written all over his face. He saw how she was trying to say something yet she was still too weak to mutter a word. "Stop forcing yourself.. You lost a lot of blood and have been out for two days.. Would you like some water?", he saw how she weakly nodded her head, carefully he wrapped his arms around her. Helping her to sit up from her position. Using his own body to let her lean on him, supporting her so she could sit and take a few sips from the cup, that smaller fragile body of her made his heart ached when remembering what has happened to her, "Take it slowly..". Seems saw how she is done with the water, he put the cup away and let her back lay down. She sighed as she back closed her eyes, seems even that already back tires her. His hand made its way as he stroked her head in a gentle way, "Rest now... We will talk about everything later on...". Back pulling the blanket to cover her, when he was about to leave, he felt the light tug at the edge of his sleep. His eyes widened when saw how she grabbed his sleeve. What she did, it sure warmed his heart. Made him end up back sitting on the chair beside her bed, "Just rest, y/n..". His words do sound harsh and cold, yet deep inside, he is happy how she wants him to stay. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.9M 500K 199
In the future, everyone who's bitten by a zombie turns into one... until Diane doesn't. Seven days later, she's facing consequences she never imagine...
499K 7.6K 83
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...
4.8M 254K 34
Those who were taken... They never came back, dragged beneath the waves never to return. Their haunting screams were a symbol of their horrific death...
6.5M 179K 55
⭐️ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏꜱᴛ ʀᴇᴀᴅ ꜱᴛᴀʀ ᴡᴀʀꜱ ꜰᴀɴꜰɪᴄᴛɪᴏɴ ᴏɴ ᴡᴀᴛᴛᴘᴀᴅ ⭐️ ʜɪɢʜᴇꜱᴛ ʀᴀɴᴋɪɴɢꜱ ꜱᴏ ꜰᴀʀ: #1 ɪɴ ꜱᴛᴀʀ ᴡᴀʀꜱ (2017) #1 ɪɴ ᴋʏʟᴏ (2021) #1 IN KYLOREN (2015-2022) #13...