Fallen Moon

By KibaBlackfire

For years vampires and werewolves waged war on one another. At last the blood war is near its end. Currently... More

Prelude: Brink Of Destruction
Chapter 01: First Moon (Part I)
Chapter 01: First Moon (Part II)
Chapter 02: Aftermath (Part I)
Chapter 02: Aftermath (Part II)
Chapter 03: Bloodshed (Part I)
Chapter 03: Bloodshed (Part II)
Chapter 03: Bloodshed (Part III)
Chapter 04: Lord Grimm
Chapter 05: Dreadful News
Chapter 06: Conversion
Chapter 07: Entrapment (Part 01)
Chapter 07: Entrapment (Part 02)
Chapter 08: Preparation (Part 01)
Chapter 08: Preparation (Part 02)
Chapter 08: Preparation (Part 03)
Chapter 09: Lunar Ball (Part 01)
Chapter 09: Lunar Ball (Part 02)
Chapter 09: Lunar Ball (Part 03)
Chapter 09: Lunar Ball (Part 04)
Chapter 10: Ultimate Betrayal (Part 01)
Chapter 10: Ultimate Betrayal (Part 02)
Chapter 10: Ultimate Betrayal (Part 03)
Chapter 11: Unmerciful Punishment (Part 01)
Chapter 11: Unmerciful Punishment (Part 02)
Chapter 12: Rise Of A New Heir (Part 01)
Chapter 12: Rise Of A New Heir (Part 02)
Chapter 12: Rise of A New Heir (Part 03)
Chapter 13: Bound (Part 01)
Chapter 13: Bound (Part 02)
Chapter 14: Hell
Chapter 15: Understanding
Chapter 16: More Than A Prince
Chapter 17: Premonition
Chapter 18: Ziek's Tale
Chapter 19: Fate's Tale
Chapter 20: Selene's Tale
Chapter 21: Raine's Tale
Chapter 22: Jay's Tale
Chapter 23: Answers
Chapter 24: Temptation (Part 01)
Chapter 24: Temptation (Part 02)
Chapter 25: Know Thy Enemy
Chapter 26: Shields
Chapter 27: NightShade
Chapter 28: Alexis' Tale
Chapter 29: Claire's Tale
Chapter 30: Matching Scars
Chapter 31: A Wolf's Tears
Chapter 32: Sacrifice
Chapter 33: Fate's Tale (Part 02)
Chapter 34: Jayden's Tale
Chapter 35: Blaire's Tale
Chapter 36: Scythe's Tale
Chapter 37: World's Collide (Part 01)
Chapter 37: World's Collide (Part 02)
Chapter 37: Worlds Collide(Part 03)
Chapter 38: Forsaken
Chapter 39: Rescue Mission
Chapter 40: Loyalty
Chapter 41: Newfound Freedom
Chapter 42: Change Of Plans
Chapter 43: Darkside
Chapter 44: Together Again

Chapter 12: Rise Of A Heir (Part 04)

14 0 0
By KibaBlackfire

While Angel walked down the halls of the castle in search of Ziek. His heart was filled with thoughts of Raven. He could still feel the warmth of her arms wrapped around his chest. As her sweet lips spoke the words.

"I love you."

"She loves me," Angel couldn't wrap his head around this thought. As much as he wanted to, he couldn't understand. After everything he's done, the people he's killed. How could anyone possibly be in love with him? He didn't deserve love, he didn't deserve her. He deserved an immortal life of solitude. But what if he could earn those words? Would that even be possible for someone like him? Where would he even begin? After giving it some thought. Angel knew where to start. It all began with Ziek, her brother.

There was one thing, Angel was certain of. Raven cared for her brother Ziek more than anything. She respected him and his opinions. He's someone she has always looked up to. Though, she's never asked this of any man before. In fact, no man has ever dared to go to the length he was about to. Some might call it sucide but. If he wanted to earn those words, those sweet words then he knew of only one way. He had to ask Ziek for his blessing.

"Here it goes," Angel took a deep breath and stopped at Ziek's bedroom door. His shaken hand got closer to the door. He knew by asking him this. There was no way in hell. Ziek would take kindly to it. He's protective of his sister. The fact that he's a vampire and she's a werewolf didn't help matters either. Still, he wanted to do this for her. He mustered up his courage and knocked on Ziek's door.

"Commander," Ziek opened his door. "Wait a sec," He rubbed his chin. "It's General now isn't it?" He crossed his arms.

"Well yes but," Angel put his hands in his pockets. "You already know I'm not too fond of titles of supremacy. So just Angel is fine." He cleared his throat. He could already feel his nerves getting the best of him. His hands were slowly shaking in his pockets. "Do you mind if I come in?" He asked. "We need to talk in private."

"Of course," Ziek stepped away from the door. Angel walked inside and he shut it behind him. "So, Ugh, what did you want to talk about?" He locked his door. "Let me guess, you want my advice on the commander thing. I say Selene but then again." He sat down on the edge of his bed. "She's my girlfriend so it's a biased opinion. Don't get me wrong, I care about Brandon, he's cool and all. It's just Selene, she's well-,"

"No, I didn't come here for that." Angel forced a swallow. His nerves were gathering in his throat. It was like they were trying to suffocate him. Still, It didn't matter how intimidating it was to confront Ziek in regards to his sister Raven. He was going to do this. If not for Raven's sake then as one of Ziek's best friends. So close, they were like family to each other. The least Angel could do was tell him about his relationship with Raven. "It's about your sister."

"I would say which one but seeing as it's you." Ziek leaned against his dresser. "I have a pretty good idea of which sister you're talking about. It's Erika. Though, She's going by Raven now. I met up with her at the Lunar Ball." He let out a deep sigh. "I guess you must have had a run in with her at the Lunar Ball as well. Otherwise," He walked up to Angel. "You wouldn't be here. I take it, She must be why you took off." He chuckled. "That's why I didn't bother to pursue Brandon after the ball. I just knew that's where you were."

"I would say I'm surprised that you pieced it together but," Angel chuckled lightly. "I'm not, you always were good at figuring me out. Besides," He crossed his arms. "It's not like I planned on keeping it a secret from you. We're like family." He shrugged. "I don't want to keep anything from you. So, I," He rubbed the back of his neck.

"Just tell me," Ziek tucked his hand in his pocket. "What did you and my sister do once you guys took off that night?" He turned his head. "I have a pretty good idea but," He let out a deep sigh. "I'm just hoping that. You were smart enough to know better."

"Well ugh, I tried to be," Angel confessed. "The thing is I know you're not stupid. You know I've always had feelings for your sister. So you must know how hard it is for a guy to-," Before he could get another word out. Ziek grabbed his shirt and pulled him close, his pale blue eyes formed a menacing glare.

"Did you have sex with her or not?" Ziek raised his voice. "Don't play games with me." He warned. "Now, answer the damn question." He balled his hand into a fist. "Otherwise," He held his fist to to Angel's face. "I'll beat you to a bloody pulp. I'm trying to be understanding but if you don't give me a straight answer that's going to make it pretty hard."

"Okay, Okay," Angel held up his hands. "We had sex," He ducked as Ziek's fist came at him. "Ziek, I thought you were trying to be understanding." Ziek tried to punch him again, he ducked again. "Come on," He grabbed one of Ziek's pillows. "I'm just," He blocked Ziek's punch with the pillow. "One guy," He blocked again. "You can't expect me to," He blocked once more. "Turn down something, I've waited my whole life for." Ziek tackled Angel and held him down by placing his knees on his arms. "Ziek, I," Angel forced a swallow as Ziek's fist came toward him. "I care about your sister. She's everything to me." Ziek's fist stopped right before hitting his face. "You know, I would never do anything to hurt her."

"I know," Ziek let out a defeated sigh. "I'm well aware of your feelings toward my sister." He got off Angel. "I've always known," He held his hand out to him. Angel took it and he helped him to his feet. "I also know asking you not to have sex with her. Is well," He shrugged. "A damn near impossible request," Angel dusted himself off. "That's especially if I took my sister's feelings into consideration." He added. "If she were given the chance to have sex with you. She'd take it, she always regretted not doing it before you two parted ways."

"Wait," Angel forced a swallow. "You knew about that?"

"No but you just told me," Ziek crossed his arms. Angel turned his head. Leave it to Ziek to set a well placed trap. "I could tell as I was driving away that my sister had fallen in love with you. She was trying hard to deny it so she'd be strong enough to leave but I knew. My sister was leaving the first man she had ever caught feelings for behind. That's why I stopped and let her say goodbye. I figured it's the least I could do for her."

"I see so, her feelings were there back then as well." Angel took a seat on his bed. "I can't say I didn't know. I just, I guess," He fondled his fingers together. "I was too scared of my own feelings. I was never strong enough to get the words out. I wanted to, I practiced on my bathroom mirror time and time again. Anything to get my feelings to reach her. When it came time to tell her or whenever I wanted to tell her." He shut his eyes. "I just froze like a statue. I was unable to do anything. I didn't know what she'd say. Or, I would wonder what if my confession wasn't good enough. So, the words never came." He let out a deep sigh. "Even now, even as a vampire, even when I'm trying my best to get them out. I'm still just a sad pathetic statue." He lowered his head. "Nothing's changed,"

"You're wrong," Ziek sat next to him. "Everything has changed. You're a vampire, she's a werewolf, the two sides are at war. What you guys did was an act of betrayal and could get you both killed. What's worse is," He placed his hand on Angel's shoulder. "You can't get her pregnant, it'll kill her. The game's changed and if you were both human. I could accept it but this is too much." He reasoned. "You're both putting your lives at risk, every moment you spend together is bringing you closer to getting caught and killed."

"I know Ziek, I know what's at stake if this goes badly." Angel rose to his feet. "I think about it all the time. I already screwed up, I didn't wear protection when we had sex." Ziek's eyes formed a menacing glare. He got up and tried to punch him. Before he could, Angel held his hand out to stop him. "I know okay," He reasoned. "I know," He repeated, Ziek lowered his fist and sat back down. "Believe me if this ends badly, I will pay for it far more than any beating you could possibly give me." Ziek turned his head. "The thought of my actions. Nobody else's but mine." He pointed at himself. "Me being the reason, she could die. That alone is more than I can take." He tightened his hands into a fist to fight the tears. "I will never forgive myself if something like that were to happen to her."

"I'd rather you let this go," Ziek confessed. "The fact that you're here and you're telling me your feelings about my sister. It tells me you aren't going to. It's hard to let go of someone you have feelings for. Sometimes, it's for the best. Though, even telling you that, I don't think it'll convince you. Cause if it could, then you wouldn't be here." He crossed his arms. "She must want this too and that's why you can't let her go. Am I right?" He asked.

"Yes, I tried to leave but she stopped me." Angel answered. "I know what I should do and what would be for the best. It would be smart to leave her and let her live her life without me. I just can't do that. Now that I know she's in love with me." He leaned against Ziek's dresser. "She told me herself. I waited so long to hear those words and I finally got them. To lose her now, to walk away from her now, I can't do that. Which is why," He forced a swallow. "I've come here in order to ask for your blessing."

"My blessing," Ziek repeated. "You want me to be okay with you. A vampire dating my sister who's a werewolf. What makes you think I would do that?" He argued. "I never give my blessing as is, yet. You expect me to bless your relationship with my sister when I know the risks. We're friends, I consider you a brother, but, no." He shook his head. "This will get you both killed, I can't knowingly accept this let alone bless it." He laughed, "This has to be a joke, you honestly came here to ask for my blessing."

"Yes, I want your blessing." Angel answered. "It would mean a lot to Raven and to me. I know it's a tough pill to swallow. Still, I care about your sister and I would do anything and everything to make her happy. If she wants me then she can have me. Vampire or not, I don't care about the risks. I just want her. So please, Ziek, give me your blessing." He begged. "I know this is hard for you but, please."

"Fine," Ziek opened his dresser and took out his fingerless gloves. "You want my blessing then," He slipped on the diamond plated gloves and tightened his grip forming a fist. "You'll have to fight me for it." He glared into Angel's eyes. "I want to see for myself. Exactly how far you're willing to go to be with my sister." He walked up to him. "I'm going to be honest with you here. I don't see a happy ending on the horizon. Not for you and not for her," Angel lowered his head. "So, with that said, in that arena. You have but one task." He held up one finger. "Show me your resolve," He stared deep into Angel's eyes. "Make me see it," He patted Angel on the shoulder. "Don't expect kid gloves, as her brother. I have to protect her even if it's from you."

"My resolve?" Angel watched as Ziek left his room. That's the thing. How was Angel going to turn a tragic love story like his and Raven's into a happy one? No matter which route he took, all roads lead to their death. He could run away with her and they'd be caught and killed. He could stay with her. They would eventually get caught and killed. There was no happy ending, at least, not for them. So, how could he make Ziek see one if he himself could not?

"That's it then,"Angel's pale hazel eyes lingered on his hands. "Death is all that awaits us, there's not a happy ending. No wedding bells, no honeymoon, just death. No," He shut his hands into tight fists. "I will make it happen, I'll forge the path with my own hands. That's my resolve." Now he just had to prove to Ziek that he's capable and maybe even, to himself.

Angel was glad that Blaire picked Ziek to compete as her champion. It saved him the trouble of having to make some lame excuse in order to fight him. Now, Angel could fight Ziek for his blessing and use their match as a way to determine the next commander.

"You ready," Ziek tightened his fingerless gloves. His short black hair was fashioned in a gothic fashion. The right side of his bangs stopped just before reaching his pale blue eyes. His eyes were so focused, determined even. His hardened chest and abs were exposed to the crowd as he stood there shirtless. His body frame was much more toned than Angel's. "Like I said," He walked up to Angel standing a few inches taller than him. "Don't expect kid gloves." He glared deep into Angel's eyes.

"I'd expect no less from you," Angel glared back at him. He threw his shirt off leaving it on the floor. His body may not be as toned as Ziek's but his frame was much lighter. So luckily, He has the speed advantage.

"At long last," Lord Alexander stood between the two of them. "We've reached the bonus match. Your former commander," The crowd cheered as Angel stood there watching Ziek carefully. "Versus, Ziek," Ziek held up his fists drawing his left leg back. "One of our most seasoned Vampires." He snapped his fingers, three diamond shards shot up above them flashing brightly. One of them disappeared serving as the countdown.

"Kick his ass Ziek," Brandon yelled. He was covered in bandages from his fight with Selene. But it was nice to see him up and moving. "Go Team Powerhouse," He glanced over at Selene. "Wait, Angel's never fought anyone before has he?" He asked. "Dude, he's going to get his ass kicked, I almost feel bad for him."

"I wouldn't feel too bad," Selene replied. She held her hand over her ribs using her healing abilities to mend her wounds. "Angel has a few tricks up his sleeve." She grinned. "Ziek's going to have his hands full, count on it." Her eyes lingered on Angel. "Alright former commander," She smirked. "It's time to see what you can do."

"This should be interesting," Scythe stood next to Selene. "It's not everyday I get to see the former commander in action." He smiled. "Come to think of it, I'm not even sure how his special ability works."

"I know," Fate's voice filled with excitement. "This is going to be so bad ass."

"Whatever," Jayden rolled his eyes. "I bet Ziek whoops pretty boy's ass. Look at him, Ziek has way more muscle than him. He's probably faster too. He won't even last ten seconds. Angel's all looks, you'll see." He chuckled. "This won't take long."

A second diamond shard faded leaving only one left. Angel took a deep breath and shut his eyes to calm his nerves. He can do this, just remember his training. He'll be fine, Ziek may be stronger and have more experience than him. It still doesn't mean that the fight's lost. Angel still has a chance at beating him. There's always a chance.

"Now then," Lord Alexander smirked at Angel. "It's time to see the results of your training." He snapped his fingers, the last diamond faded. Once it did, A powerful flash occurred blinding everyone in the arena.

Ziek was quick to use the bright light as cover and charge at Angel. He went to punch him but Angel caught his fist with one arm. He spun and punched Ziek back with a straight punch. While Ziek was backing up, Angel kept striking him with punches then shot him into the air with a kick to the jaw. While Ziek was in the air, he jumped and grabbed Ziek by the throat making a curse that made his body weightless. Angel then threw him as hard as he could. Ziek's body flew like a missile crashing into the diamond arena creating a massive crater. After the attack, Angel performed a backflip and landed in crouch position.

"Holy shit," Brandon's mouth unhinged. "Where'd that come from?" He shouted. "Selene," He shifted his gaze to his sister. "Did you know Angel had moves like that? I sure didn't."

"I had no idea," Selene stepped back. "How did he lift Ziek up like that?" She glanced over at Scythe. "Well, tactician, any ideas?"

"This confuses even me," Scythe raised his brow. "Given Angel's muscle mass and light body weight compared to Ziek's. There's no way, he should be able to throw him that hard and by using so little effort." He rubbed his chin. "I might need to look further into this fight. I can already tell, Angel's a tricky one."

"Yeah but are Angel's tricks going to be enough?" Fate pointed down at the Arena. Ziek was pulling diamond shards out of his skin. "Ziek doesn't look like the type of guy to go down easy." Brandon smirked.

"Got that right, Ziek's the best." Brandon laughed. "Tricks or not, Angel won't walk out of this fight. He doesn't have the durability that Ziek has. He won't last, once Ziek gets out of that crater. He's going to retaliate big time."

"So," Ziek climbed out of the crater. "It seems there's some fight in you after all." He dusted himself. "Good, but now," He held up his fists. "It's my turn," He rushed toward Angel at full speed. He tried to block Ziek's fists but Ziek kept faking him out. He'd try to block but Ziek would hook his fist under it and strike him in the ribs. Each strike felt like heavy hammers and they were getting stronger by the second. Angel went to kick him, "Lights out," Ziek ducked his kick and struck him with a powerful punch to the jaw.

The impact of Ziek's punch caused Angel to roll across the ground. He knew Ziek was skilled but never this skilled. Angel got back on his feet and wiped the small amounts of blood from his busted bottom lip. If he had any chance of winning, Angel needed to find some way to counter Ziek's attacks. That and there was another factor at play here, Ziek's special ability progression. He gets stronger, faster, more durable as the fight progresses. So, he needed to counter that as well. It's time, his curses came into play.

"The gloves are off," Angel took off his shoes. "Well in my case, shoes." He took off his socks and left them on the floor. He tightened his hands into fists, he charged at Ziek, ducking his fist touching his arm. He inflicted a curse on Ziek's entire right arm. It was the symbol of a broken sword, this reduced his attack by half. He created a second curse which was the drawing of a clock with an arrow pointing down. This curse reduced his speed. Angel ducked his other fist and repeated the same process on Ziek's other arm. Afterward, he spun and kicked Ziek in the chest. At the same time another curse formed. This one was the drawing of a giant sword with a sick face edged onto it. This curse made Ziek's body more susceptible to physical attacks. Which would in return double the strength of all physical damage dealt to Ziek.

"Take this," Angel ran at Ziek and struck him with a powerful dropkick that knocked him on his ass. He rolled back on his feet. Ziek clinched his chest rolling across the ground. He forced himself to stand back up.

"Okay, I think I'm starting to get it." Ziek glared at Angel. "These marks of yours are more than just for show. You're weakening me to gain the upper hand. Well, let's see what's stronger, my ability of progression or your curses." He started jumping up and down building momentum at the same time. The ground was starting to shake, Angel could feel Ziek's attack, speed, defense rising to enormous levels.

"So you're resorting to that, are you," Angel held his fists up to defend against Ziek's attacks. He knew Ziek had an ability that allowed him to greatly boost his progression rate. He just never expected it to be used on him. Still, every ability has a weakness. He just had to stay in the fight long enough to find it. "Alright then." He placed a curse on his wrist. It was the marking of a shield with arrows pointing up. This specific curse increases his physical defense, every time he gets hit. "Come at me." He challenged taking a defensive stance.

"With pleasure," Ziek disappeared, moving so fast. He overpowered both of the curses that were placed on his arms. His speed and attack returned to normal and were growing at insanely fast speeds. "You're finished," Ziek began punching Angel at rapid speeds, each punch dealing major damage. Luckily the defense boost from Angel's curse was greatly reducing the damage. Even with the boost, Angel could still feel his ribs breaking after every punch. Ziek's speed was impossible for Angel to grasp. His eyes could barely see him. Come on focus, he had to find the weakness.

"What's the matter," Ziek started dancing around him. He was striking at several different angles but his body was in constant motion. -That's it, he's found it?!- "Can't keep up," Ziek went to punch him. Angel quickly placed a curse trap in front of him. This curse was able to stop Ziek from moving, which stopped his momentum. This in return stopped his rapid progression dead in its tracks. "What the-?," Ziek kept trying to move. "He figured out the weakness already?"

"I'm a lot smarter than you give me credit for, " Angel countered, punching Ziek directly in the jaw as hard as he could. The impact caused Ziek to roll across the ground. While he was trying to get up, Ziek's bottom lip dripped with blood from Angel's punch. Angel crouched down grasping his damaged ribs. The pain was unbearable but he couldn't stop. He had to keep fighting, this wasn't over. Not by a long shot, he forced his body to move and ran at Ziek.

"Bring it," Ziek held up his fists. He kept trying to hit Angel. He blocked each and every strike inflicting curses by doing so. Ziek jumped to knee Angel in the face, He caught his knee forcing it down inflicting a curse to reduce Ziek's speed further. Angel went to punch him, Ziek caught his fist and threw him over his shoulder. Angel's back collided with the ground seconds later, Ziek tried to hit him with a ferocious punch. He rolled out of the way and jumped back. The impact was great enough to leave a massive crater in the ground. Diamonds flew everywhere after the attack, Angel quickly caught them in mid air and threw them at Ziek. Ziek dodged the diamond shards and charged at him with a flurry of punches.

"Here he comes," Angel dodged his attacks. He tried to counter but Ziek kneed him in the stomach. He spun and struck him with a roundhouse kick. Angel backed up, enduring the hit only to be pushed back further by Ziek's relentless punches. Once he was pinned against the wall, Angel's eyes widened.

"You're mine," Ziek began jumping up and down, greatly boosting his progression speed. Come on, Angel, think. There had to be some way out of this. Instincts, Lord Alexander told him he had great instincts. Perhaps it's time he started trusting them. Angel shut his eyes, his body naturally evaded Ziek's punches forcing him to make crater after crater but not one attack could hit. Angel countered by throwing a few quick jabs of his own. He bent his head back and struck Ziek in the nose with a headbutt. "Fuck," Ziek clinched his nose as blood started pour out of it dripping onto the floor. Angel kicked him back, holding up his fists. "That does it," Ziek charged at Angel at full speed with a deadly shoulder tackle. Angel quickly ran up the wall and performed a flip over him, landing in crouch position. Ziek's shoulder crashed into the wall being impaled by diamond shards.

"F-F-Fuck," Angel fell to his knees grasping his ribs. He breathed through the pain forcing his body to fight it. He forced himself to stand as Ziek pulled his badly wounded shoulder out of the diamond wall. "I-I won't lose," He ran at the crippled Ziek. Ziek yanked the shards in his shoulder out, throwing them at Angel. He jumped to the right and lunged at Ziek striking him with a full powered punch. Before he could strike, Ziek struck him in mid air with a direct punch to the mouth. Angel hit the floor, spitting out a couple of his teeth.

"Is that all there is," Ziek popped his dislocated shoulder back in place. Angel rested on all fours as blood dripped from his mouth. "That's it?" He challenged. Angel kept coughing up blood trying to get back on his feet. "Come on, surely you can do better than this." He walked up to Angel while he was on the ground. He lowered his lips to his ear. "I thought you were going to show me your resolve?" He whispered. "How do you expect to win my blessing if you can't even fight for a future with my sister?" He let out a sigh. "I thought she was everything to you, I thought you cared about her, but if this is all you can muster." He laughed. "She's better off without you." He grabbed Angel by the throat and lifted him into the air. "It's over,"

This couldn't be it, Angel wouldn't allow it. If he couldn't stand up and fight for Ziek's blessing. Then how did he expect to attain a future with Raven. Nobody was going to allow him to be with her. Not the werewolves, not the vampires, if he wanted to be with her. He had to fight them all. He was going to, starting with Ziek.

"You're right," Angel laughed. "However," He gripped Ziek's arm tightly. "I'm not finished yet." He wrapped Ziek's arm up in an armbar and began twisting his wrist. Ziek rolled to make him let go but Angel held his grip keeping him pinned on the floor. Ziek grabbed a diamond shard off the floor and stabbed Angel in the leg to make him let go. The second Ziek tried to get up, grabbing his hurt arm. Angel jumped into handspring landing on his feet in front of Ziek. He drew his fist back and punched Ziek directly in the face. Ziek was forced back by the punch but was still able to stand. Angel quickly jumped into the air and struck Ziek with a mid air spinning heel kick. The impact was so great it knocked Ziek to the floor.

"Damn," Ziek fought to get back up. Angel landed on his feet and tried to hit Ziek with an axe kick. He rolled out of the way and got back on his feet. Once Angel's foot touched the ground. He planted a curse trap on the floor. The curse began blinking as if it were counting down.

"Gotcha," Angel smirked and jumped out of the way.

"Shit," Ziek blocked, the curse exploded blasting him back. His body crashed into the wall, his back sliding down it. "These curses of yours," He shook off the attack and got back on his feet. "Are really starting to piss me off." He ran at Angel and kept trying to punch him. Angel caught his arms, knocking his punches aside. Each time Angel touched his arms, he kept reducing his attack more and more with curses. He ducked Ziek's third punch and countered with a quick leg sweep. Ziek jumped over it and kicked Angel causing him to tumble across the ground. "Maybe this time, you'll-," Angel got back on his feet after being kicked in the jaw using another handspring. "This ends now,"

Angel watched as Ziek ran toward him with a fully charged punch. This one attack was maxed out by Ziek's progression ability, if it hit, he'd lose the fight but even so, Angel wasn't going to give up. He shut his eyes taking one deep breath.

"For her," Angel slammed his bare hand on his chest. Soon after, his entire upper body was covered in a curse. The curse was the drawing of a skull. It's eyes were glowing and sharp bloody thorns were branching out of its mouth. The thorns ran up Angel's arm all the way to the palm of his right hand. He was quick enough to catch Ziek's fist. The impact, so great, his wrist jammed in place. Despite the pain, Angel held onto Ziek's closed fist and glared deep into his eyes.

"Good," Ziek smirked. "I expected you to do that," He transferred the power of his punch over to his other fist. Angel's grip tightened on Ziek's fist. Once it did, The thorns traveled from Angel's arm over to Ziek's, infecting him with the curse. "You're finished," Ziek struck Angel in the jaw with the full might of his punch. Angel's body tore through the diamond floor being cut up and impaled by the sharp shards. His body kept tumbling until he finally hit the other side of the wall leaving a huge crack in it. "I did it, I-," Ziek fell to his knees. "I won." Angel's lips formed a slight grin. "What? You're still-,"

The bloody thorn markings that were on Ziek's arm began to travel up his arm, over his shoulder, reaching out further to his chest. "What's happening?" Ziek watched as the thorns continued to travel down his chest. "What did you do to me?" Ziek yelled. The thorns swirled into the shape of a sinister looking skull that was now etched onto Ziek's stomach. The mouth of the skull started to open slowly. "Angel, why is this skull's mouth opening?" He backed up, his whole body paralyzed by fear. "Damn it, you better tell me what the fuck is going on?" He screamed at the top of lungs.

"Checkmate," Angel placed his hand on the curse he created on himself. He closed the mouth of the skull. The markings on Angel's body flew into Ziek. The skull on Ziek's stomach began devouring all the thorns from the skull that was placed on Angel's chest. By doing so, the skull also absorbed all the damage that was dealt to Angel by Ziek's last attack. Now sending all that damage right back to Ziek. The damage of his attack was also amplified by the one curse. Ziek couldn't overpower. The curse that made him susceptible to physical damage. This increased the damage output by double. Even as strong as Ziek is. There's no way he's getting up from that. The fight's over, he's won. Angel just had to stay awake long enough to see it through.

"Damn it," Ziek coughed up blood. He placed his hand over his ribs as they were being shattered by his own punch. His whole body was taking on the damage in the form of sharp aches and pains. The pain was so great it brought him to the floor. He kept coughing up blood as he tried to move but couldn't."Don't think," Ziek began trying to get back on his feet. "This is over," He coughed up more blood. "Cause,"

"No way?!" Angel's eyes widened as Ziek slowly got back on his feet.

"It's not over," Ziek tightened his hand into a fist. "Now, I just need to hit you one more time. I just need one more," He slowly limped over to Angel. Angel kept trying to get back up but Ziek's punch did a number on him. He could barely move, the more he tried the more his muscles started to ache. His body was at its limit even so, he had to try.

"Come on body move," Angel used the wall as leverage to help him stand up. His legs were shaking as he tried. The pain of moving was intense, after nearly falling twice just trying to get back on his feet. He was finally able to muster strength to stand. His pale hazel eyes glared deep Ziek's. "Let's finish this," He slowly limped over to Ziek. Both of them were barely able to stand.

"It's over," Ziek drew his fist back punching Angel directly in the jaw. He endured the hit using every bit of strength he had left to keep his footing. His body swayed back with the punch while it did, Angel tightened his hand into a fist. He threw the entire weight of his body into his fist and struck Ziek directly in the jaw. The force of punch sent Ziek tumbling across the ground and into the wall. Angel fell to his knees as. Ziek laid there unconscious.

"The winner is Angel," Lord Alexander grabbed Angel's right arm, lifting it up. The crowd began to cheer loudly. A slight grin formed on Alexander's lips. Angel knew what everyone was thinking. It wasn't hard to read, the cheers, the disbelief in their eyes as they stood there clapping for him. How could he live up to such expectations? Their thoughts, King. Just like Lord Alexander they too saw Angel as their future King. He glanced over at Ziek who shot him a thumbs up, he smiled taking that thumbs up as his blessing. He limped over and reached his hand out to Ziek,helping him back to his feet.

"You are amazing, Angel," Ziek patted him on the shoulder. "I never thought the kid I knew back then would rise to such potential. I'm proud of you, take your win, my brother," His lips formed a smile. "You've earned it." He walked away as the crowd continued to cheer for Angel.

"See, Angel," Lord Alexander brought his lips to his ears. "All these people in this arena have seen your skills." Angel eyes wandered the stands. The vampires were all clapping for him, cheering him on. All of them were amazed by what they had seen. "They all think the same as I, you are the one who will take my place on the throne." Angel stared at his hands. Not even he believed that he was that strong. "The power is your hands, Angel," He whispered. "Whether you want it or not." He walked away.

Angel didn't want this power. He didn't ask to be King. He just wanted to be with Raven. That's all he wanted. If he took the throne, he'd lose her forever. It was hard enough just being away from her for a day. He wanted to get back to her, every second he spent here at the castle. It was another second, Raven was being tortured by Lycan. What's he going to do? Everyone expected him to become King. There's only one thing he can do, he has to keep his promise to Lord Alexander. He asked him to help him fix his daughter. Somehow, he believed that only Angel could. He wasn't sure how but. Unless, the people started to see Blaire as their rightful ruler. They would continue to expect him to take her place. That's it then. He'd try to keep his promise to Lord Alexander while he searched the secret library for answers. He didn't have much time, he had to hurry for Raven's sake. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3K 65 13
A werewolf and a vampire are fighting to stay together with all odds stacked against them. Will true love win or will they never be able to be togeth...
437 5 32
When a girl falls in love with a vampire, he helps her defeat her thrilling ancestor who is killing others, who is on the verge to do anything to pro...
14 0 1
A vampire is being stalked by her ex lover, but there is more than meets the eye when she finds out why. They must meet witches, werewolves and a dem...
25 15 8
For longer than any on either side has been alive for, vampires and werewolves have been at war, each seeking to exterminate the other. Both try to k...