Human Mate

By 070Sweet070

Veronica is a sweet girl who wants to love, to be loved and to have the feeling of belonging somewhere. When... More

Veronica
Who is he?
Nice to meet you Alex
At the forest
Werewolf?
Date
Alex
Second attack
Stay away from me
Mom is the best
Derek
I wanna stay with you
The real Alex
Accepting him
Spending time with the girls
She is mine
Meeting his family
My new home
First day of new life
Opening up
Mate?
His girlfriend?
Where is she?
All the truth
Mate bond
Time for the mark
Luna
Dad?
Where am I? And why?
Help
Alex?
The end

The mysterious wolf

912 34 20
By 070Sweet070

                       Veronica's POV

Just before I turn back to my place, I saw something that made me stopped breathing. I couldn't believe my own eyes. There it was standing a wolf. A freaking real wolf with black fur and yellow eyes. Is he the one that kills the people? Oh my god, no. I started panicking at the idea but then I remember everything I know about wolfs from the books. It can smell my fear so I took deap breaths and didn't move.

He slowly started coming towards. Fuck, he was huge. It was too late now, I have no idea what to do. He kept a safe distance between us and sat down on the ground looking at me. He didn't want to attack me. Wolfs are wild animals, if he wanted me dead, he would have done it already. I calmed down a little and started thinking about my next move. Maybe if I get him to like me, I could leave easier right? Its better to make him a "friend" than an "enemy". I guess I have to try or else I might die.

Trying to be careful, I went towards him with a slow pace. He didn't move at all and let me did what I wanted. I finally standed in front of him and although he was sitting, we were almost face to face. I gulped, his eyes are looking mine without blinking. I admired his fur, it is so black, how would it feel against my palm? I don't know what come over me but I had the need to feel it.

When I was ready to touch him, he became alert. I took a step back, that wasn't a good move. He got up and I noticed his eyes hardened. I took more step back, as much as I could do but unfortunately my back fell on a tree. Perfect, I was in a trap now. He growled, he was angry, very angry. That's it, I am gonna die.

Out of the blue, I heard another growl. But this one wasn't from the wolf infront of me but it came from behind. I looked behind the tree, full in fear and I was shocked to see another wolf with grey fur and red eyes. Damn it, I am sure I am gonna die now, there is no escaping. To my surprise, the black wolf, come exactly beside me and growled once again at the other wolf. What's going on? Aren't they friends? The black wolf was standing in a protective way while the other in a ready-to-fight way.

And then in seconds, the black wolf attacked the grey wolf. I tried my best to be silent and I hugged the tree like my life was depending on it. They were biting each other necks, arms and legs. None was stopping. I watched in fear as the black wolf let out a whimper and was thrown harsly on a tree. The grey wolf turned his whole attention to me and his eyes glowed from anger.

- Shit.

As I was ready to leave the tree to start running, the black wolf got up again and attacked him without hesitation. Is he protecting me? That's why he didn't harmed me in the first place but him. They are enemies, not friends.

The only thing I could do is to watch them in silent and pray that this will end soon. I wanted to scream in fear with everything that I was seeing, with the blood that was in a every corner, all were terrible. The grey wolf suddenly growled in pain and collapsed on the ground, not moving. The black pinned him down while biting his neck harshly. And with that the other wolf simply stopped breathing.

- Holy shit.

The grey wolf is dead but the black one wasn't in a good condition either. I wanted to leave, I wanted to run and stay away from them. The back wolf just looked at me without doing anything again. I took it as a change and started running towards my car without looking back. I just have to get out of here, nothing else matters right now. I just kept running and running, without caring about anything else.

As soon as I arrived home, I went to my room and locked the door. I can't believe I just survived from a wolf attack. This is too much for me. I took deap breaths and hugged myself for comfort. Everything's okay Veronica, you are back at home, safe and sound. I have to pretend like nothing happened, I really hoped all this were a dream.

                         The next day

- Vero, you look like shit.

- Thanks for the compliment Stella, I appreciate it. I said sarcastically.

I didn't sleep at all last night. With everything that happened, I couldn't. I was thinking to not come at the restaurant today but Stella would be curious and I don't wanna lie to her. I decided though to not tell anyone about it. I wanted to keep it a secret and after all, none would believe me. The images of the wolfs haven't left my head at all. After hours of thinking, I realized that the black one was protecting me. But why? Why was he helping me and why he was okay with my presence near him? I had so many questions but sadly none could answer them.

- Veronica?

A voice startled me and I looked up at the person that was in front of me in surprise.

- Alex?

     Is he really here? When did he come?He studied me for a minute, he was looking at me with curiosity.

- Are you okay? I called your name at least 3 times.

Great. He was here earlier and he must have seen me zooming out, perfect.

Stella come out of nowhere with her eyebrow raised. Of course, she must be wondering who is it since I don't have male friends.

- Uhm Alex this is Stella, my friend and Stella this is Alex.

I introduced him to her. They smiled at each other and shaked their hands.

- It's nice to finally meeting you Alex, I have heard a lot about you.

Stella said smirking at me, that bitch-

- I hope she said good things.

- Oh yes, she did.

- Stop it, you don't have to embarrass me more. I whispered at Stella and she just winked at me.

- Okay, go and talk you two, I will do all the work for now.

- Ohh, I didn't want to disturb you girls-

- I am sure Vero doen't mind.

She said teasing me again and Alex chuckled at her words.

- We have to talk later Stella.

I glared at her and went to sit on a table with Alex.

- I wasn't expecting you.

- Well I missed you and I thought I should come and check you up.

We stayed silent for a moment and started at each other. That's when I saw better his small scratches and wounds on his face. Did he fight? Is he in trouble?

- What happened to you?

- Uhm...two of my friends got into a fight yesterday and I had to separate them but I got some punches for rewards.

- Oh, I am sorry for you. I hope it will heal soon.

- It will. He said confidently and smiled at me. Gosh I missed his smile. He come to me and I forgot everything that happened the last hours, I feel so great he is here. And he really meant his last words, he really come.

- So what can I get for you Alex? Stella came to our table and asked him in a gently way. I think she likes him, that's good. I didn't want her to be enemies with my crush.

- Nothing actually, I am only here for Veronica.

I blushed at his words while he looked at me but I also smiled, he cares about me and I guess we can be friends.

- Alright then, no problem. I won't interfere again.

She winked at me once more before she leave us. God this girl, can't she just stop?

- So what's bothering you? Alex asked me out of the blue.

- What do you mean?

- When I come here, you were in your own world. I can tell something is disturbing you. Is everything okay?

Damn, he can read me like a book. Now I have to find an excuse, there is no way I am telling him about yesterday.

- You look tired, maybe you should take a break, don't overwork yourself.

- I just....didn't sleep well last night. And yeah, I am tired.

- Are you seeing nightmares?

- Generally no, but yesterday I had.

I was honest in that matter. The issue with the wolfs isn't so easy to forget. He reached across the table and caressed my hands.

- Everything's gonna be okay Veronica. Everything happens for a reason, I am here for you.

He is right. I could have easily die yesterday but I am still alive. That means something right? Or was I just lucky? He smiled softly at me and gave me his phone from his pocket.

- Here, put your number so we can arrange for our next meeting.

- So now you want my number?

- I apologize miss, I am so stupid that I forgot to ask you about it the previous time.

I chuckled at his words. I tapped my number in his phone and gave it back at him. He smiled so much like a child got his ice cream, I laughed at his reaction.

Later the night

- Seriously Emma, you should have been there to see them.

I was on a video call with ma girls and Stella couldn't stop talking about me and Alex.

- They looked like a couple. And seriously, I bet he has a crush on her, I could see it in his eyes, the way he was looking at her. She giggled and Emma made a surprise face.

- Guys, please stop, you are overreacting.

- Girl, you should make your move. He is handsome, kind, caring and maybe rich so what are you waiting for? Emma encouraged me and Stella agreed with her.

I rolled my eyes with their comments. Okay I admit it, I like him a little although I don't know much about him but it's not like we are gonna be together. I don't even know if we will keep seeeing each other.

- I heard enough of you today. I am going to eat, byeeee.

Before they could argue with me, I hung up on their face. I imagined their reaction and laughed.

As soon as I arrived at the dining room, mom and dad were already eating, so I joined them.

- Same shit like always, that thing doesn't stop.

- Yeah but the police should find a solution. If they don't, who will?

- This situation just give me a headache woman, that's the only thing I am thinking about lately.

Their conversation made me curious. Is it about the bites again? I mean... about the wolf?

- What are you talking about? I asked with innocence my dad. I better got as much information as I can so I can finish the puzzle since I know who is behind all this.

- Another victim was found at the forest yesterday night. Same animal, same bite.

His words made me froze. At the forest? Usually it's inside the house or in some big parks but in the forest it's the first time. I looked at my dad wanting more information.

- What? You wanna see photos again?

I just nobbed worried, I could be the victim yesterday and even the thought of it, I got goosebumps. After he found the images, he gave me his phone and I checked them carefully.

My eyes widened in shock. There was a man around 40, laid in his stomach in a pool of blood and with bites in his whole body. The thing that terrified me was the fact that it's exactly the same place in the forest I was yesterday and the exactly place that the grey wolf was killed.

* The wolf that tried to kill her was the latest victim? Does that mean he is a werewolf?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

38 25 23
Sam was a mysterious person. Tristan couldn't help but feel an odd attraction towards her as they kept staring endlessly at each other every day. Whe...
21.6K 2.2K 13
The third book in the series of Veronica Marshall. Veronica is now married to an adoring husband and together they have two children. She is slippin...
13.1K 498 38
Having a mate is supposed to be the best thing in a person's lives right? Wrong. When I first met my mate I found out something that changed everythi...
39.1K 1.8K 43
🐺🐺🐺🐺 **Shifter werewolf RH fantasy romance** BOOK 2 IN THE SHADOW REALM SERIES. Can be read as a standalone The Quads. They were four of the hot...