SOMEWHERE ONLY WE KNOW ➻ DEME...

By BornofStorm

Cecilia Roseanne Cullen. She was their secret, kept hidden for over seventeen years, but everything changed w... More

C A S T
P R O L O G O
U N O
D U E
T R E
Q U A T T R O
C I N Q U E
S E I
S E T T E
O T T O
N O V E
D I E C I
U N D I C I
D O D I C I
T R E D I C I
Q U A T T O R D I C I
Q U I N D I C I
S E D I C I
D I C I A S S E T T E
D I C I O T T O
D I C I A N N O V E
V E N T I
V E N T U N O
V E N T I D U E
V E N T I T R E
V E N T I Q U A T T R O
V E N T I C I N Q U E
A/N
V E N T I S E I
V E N T I S E T T E
V E N T O T T O
V E N T I N O V E
T R E N T A
T R E N T U N O
T R E N T A D U E
E P I L O G O
P A R T T W O
P R O L O G O
U N O
D U E
T R E
C I N Q U E
S E I
S E T T E
O T T O
N O V E
D I E C I
U N D I C I
D O D I C I
T R E D I C I
Q U A T T O R D I C I
Q U I N D I C I
S E D I C I
D I C I A S E T T E
D I C I O T T O
D I C I A N N O V E
V E N T I
V E N T U N O
V E N T I D U E
V E N T I T R E
V E N T I Q U A T T R O
V E N T I C I N Q U E
V E N T I S E I
V E N T I S E T T E
V E N T O T T O
V E N T I N O V E
T R E N T A
T R E N T U N O
T R E N T A D U E
T R E N T A T R E
T R E N T A Q U A T T R O
E P I L O G O
T H A N K _ Y O U

Q U A T T R O

6K 192 5
By BornofStorm

A/N: an extra update because this story got 25K reads (: thank you all so much for the reads, the votes and especially the comments, I love them!

"Ah, Demetri, welcome, welcome," a short man called out. He had a thick accent, one that reminded Cecilia of Demetri's when he was talking rather fast, but he looked inviting enough, with his arms held open and a bright smile on his face.

"Adras," Demetri said in return, just as enthusiastically. He let go of the suitcases and walked in the embrace.

Cecilia watched with an amused smile as the two men hugged, slapping each other across the back, and she hid her chuckle behind her hand. It was so different from the way Demetri usually was, formal, polite and stiff. But then again, the entire setting was different. Here they were standing, yet again in a foreign country with the sun beaming down on them and the sea on their retina's.

"Tell me, who did you bring along?" Adras asked as soon as he had let go of Demetri. Cecilia supposed the man had been turned somewhere in his mid-fifties, and though he was short, he still looked handsome and friendly enough. "She's a real beauty."

If she had still been human, Cecilia would have blushed until the air around them turned warmer still, but now she was able to smile politely through it all, waiting for Demetri to introduce her.

"This is Cecilia Cullen," he said, placing a gentle hand on the small of her back. "She's my soulmate."

"A Cullen, huh? Never thought I would see one this far from home, but oh well, who cares?" Adras said, shrugging to himself. Not a second later he had wrapped his arms around Cecilia in the same warm embrace as he had Demetri only moments before and a little surprised, she returned the hug. It reminded her painfully of her family and how much she missed them.

"Cecilia, this is Adras Markis," Demetri said once she was back at his side. He wrapped a firm arm around her shoulders, pulling her close to his body. "He is the founder and leader of the Markis coven."

That took Cecilia by surprise. She had no idea what to expect from the apparently offended coven, but since Demetri had told her to only pack her most expensive things and that they were easily insulted people, the last thing she had anticipated was a blabbering man with such a thick accent he was barely understandable, a wide smile and a warm embrace. She thought Adras was maybe an old acquaintance, not the actual leader of a coven almost as old as the Volturi.

Cecilia cleared her throat, forcing herself to snap out of her thoughts. "It's lovely to meet you."

"And you too," Adras said cheerily. Cecilia thought it wouldn't take long before the man took off flying from all his happy bouncing. "Now come inside. I've got some wonderful renovations to show you, Demetri, you will never be able to imagine what I got my hands on this time. Oh, Cecilia, my wife, Danae, is in the gardens, just over there."

Adras pointed in the general direction of a piece of greenery and clapped his hands shortly after. Not a moment later, two vampires came rushing, seemingly from out of nowhere, to get their suitcases. Cecilia, feeling slightly overwhelmed at the thought of Demetri separating from her and leaving her on her own, looked up at her soulmate nervously.

"I'll join you shortly," Demetri said, pressing a soft kiss on her cheek. His face lingered next to hers for another moment, his voice so soft only she could hear. "Play along cheerily and nicely, just don't insult her."

She nodded, forcing a polite smile on her face and watched as Adras and Demetri disappeared inside the castle. Regaining both her thoughts and her footing, she made her way to the gardens, trying to feign confidence she absolutely didn't feel. It wasn't hard to spot Danae in the gardens, considering the woman looked like a goddess tended to by nymphs. With the sharp clap of her hands, the nymphs scattered away, taking with them their brushes and laces.

The woman smiled sweetly, her skin glistering in the sun, and suddenly Cecilia understood why Demetri had asked her to bring her riches. Adras wasn't the problem, it was Danae.

"You must be the company Demetri brought along," the woman said, her voice kind enough. Her dark hair was braided in some elaborate style, her red eyes lined with kohl. She was wearing a dress made of flowing material, leaving not much to the imagination and her arms were decorated with all kinds of golden bands, all of them reflecting the sun as well. "I'm Danae."

"Cecilia," she introduced herself. This time it didn't take her by surprise to receive a hug, though it was not nearly as warm or well-meant as the one from Adras. "I'm very pleased to meet you."

"Likewise, Cecilia," Danae said. "It will be nice to have a woman around with some wits. Tell me, are these clothes handmade? They fit you like a silk glove."

"They are, actually," the young vampire answered, smiling kindly. "Thank you."

Danae pretended to gasp and she shook her head. "How rude of me," she said. "Allow me to show you around the castle."

Cecilia allowed the young woman, at least twenty years younger than Adras in appearance, to link their arms together and lead her into the castle. It was a lot like the one in Volterra, with loads of elaborate paintings, fresco's and statues, and just as much of a maze, but Cecilia didn't dare to say so. She had a faint feeling that it wasn't Adras who was insulted by the distribution of land, but Danae.

"This is beautiful," Cecilia gasped as the two of them stopped in front of a particular fresco. It showed a part of the Oddysee, namely the gifting of the Trojan Horse. Never mind the fact that the exact same copy was hanging in the library in Volterra. "Especially these purple details make the piece look so much more lively. It must have cost a fortune."

Danae tried to appear impassive, something the younger girl saw right through. She knew that subtle flattery was the way into the hearts of vain people and her knowledge about this particular piece made it only easier.

"Adras, or rather, I, if it pleases you, had to pull some strings to get it, but it wasn't too much work," Danae said, brushing a black curl over her shoulder.

Cecilia feigned a chuckle at her words, knowing her impression of Danae was right. "I find that men simply can't appreciate the finer arts in life, such as this masterpiece."

"That's what I've been telling Adras for centuries," Danae said, a look of relief crossing her face. Once again she linked her arm through Cecilia's, leading her to another part of the castle. "I know the two of us are going to have a great time. Don't think of me badly, but I find that the other ladies of this castle are just as stupid as a flock of hens. They might have gained immortality, but apparently, a brain was too much to ask for."

Cecilia forced another chuckle over her lips, already desperate for Demetri's return. "What can I say?" she said, trying to sound airy. "Some people were born to be led."

"And others to lead," Danae completed her. "Yes, I think the two of us will be just alright."

Cecilia felt disgusted by her own haughty and arrogant appearance. It went against all the morals and lessons her parents had brought her up with, but she also knew she had to play it smart. It would do nobody any good if she offended the lady of the house even further and even though the whole ordeal reminded her of medieval times, with her being one of the courtiers, she was determined to come out on top. Even if it was only to prove to the masters in Italy that she could, in fact, handle her own business.

"Ah, my beloved wife, there you are," the voice of Adras called out. "Have you two been enjoying each other's company?"

Cecilia had never been more relieved to hear the voice of a stranger, especially because he brought along the only familiar face in this place. As soon as Danae let go of her arm, she slipped away to join Demetri's side, enjoying the feeling of warmth that spread through her body as he swung his arm around her shoulders.

"Certainly, dear husband," Danae replied, batting her long eyelashes.

It only took one look at the two of them to know that the bond they shared was rooted in connections that went way back, but that there was no actual love involved. The realisation that the two of them had been on this Earth for centuries, but had not found their soulmates, made Cecilia wonder what else was going on in this castle. In the spur of the moment, she could understand Demetri's desperation very well, her own adding to his.

"I suppose the two of you would like some time to explore the beaches below, after all the travelling," Adras said, his eyes shifting from Demetri to Cecilia. "Right below the cliff, there's a private beach, on which you won't have to worry about prying mortal eyes."

"Sweet husband, what about-"

"There is always enough time to talk politics, Danae," Adras said, cutting off his wife sharply. Cecilia's eyes quickly shifted from Adras to Danae, just in time to see the flash of scorn crossing over her face, before moving back. Not a second later, the moody expression on his face turned into a cheerful one again. "Too much time if you ask me. We'll discuss the matters in the evening."

"Very well," Demetri said, nodding in agreement. "Once again, thank you for your warm welcome."

"Of course," Adras replied. "Everything for a fellow Greek."

"We'll join you this evening then."

After those words, Cecilia smiled politely as a greeting, before falling in step next to her soulmate, who appeared to know his way around the place better than she did. She wondered how many times he'd been here before and how many of those times had been for diplomatic missions. She didn't dare to ask, not yet anyway, when the Markis' were still in hearing distance.

"This place is lovely," she said softly, knowing very well that possibly all the vampires in the castle were listening in.

Demetri squeezed her hand. "It certainly is."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29K 1K 17
An eminent girl who was known for her profound capability to exterminate any evil existence not knowing the fated ones she has eagerly searched for c...
56.7K 836 9
Demetri Volturi x OC The Volturi Kings and the Elite Guards join the Cullens for a vacation on Isle Esme. What happens when Demetri Volturi meets Be...
64.8K 1.1K 15
It has been 3 years since the Volturi confronted the Cullen's and their witnesses on the clearing and a lot has happened since then. Renesmee has not...
609K 12.3K 61
"Oh my what a happy coincidence!!" He cheers looking back at Alec as I slip my hand out of his and step back in front of Ness. " it seems our dear Al...