Love Behind Bars (COMPLETE)

By Gnomegirl95

Poppy is a therapist working at a jailhouse and she never gives into the inmates but that all changes when sh... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Epilogue

Chapter 2

598 18 27
By Gnomegirl95

We meet most of the inmates and we see how Poppy handles them..

Poppy pressed the button under her desk as the door opened, in came a green troll who looked around with Hickory standing behind him.

''Here you go Poppy inmate 123.'' Hickory said nodding to her.

''Thank you Hickory, now please take off the cuffs.'' She said gently.

Hickory looks at her with a raised eyebrow. ''Um Poppy he's been a bit wild thiss morning are you sure?''

''Yes Hickory you know my rules.'' She said firmly.

''Alright Officer Darnell is right outside if you need him.'' Hickory said walking to the door.

''Please like she needs a guys help.'' Zack spoke rolling his eyes.

Hickory was about to say something but stopped, he turned and looked at Poppy and then left.

''Morning Zack.'' Poppy said happily as she sat in the arm chair.

''Morning Pop's how are you?'' He asked walking over and getting a donut or 2 as he sat on the chair looking at her with a smile.

''I'm good thank you and how are you doing?'' She ask holding her notepad and pencil.

''I'm great I can't wait to get out of here.'' He said laying back finishing his dount.

''I'm sure you are but even if you get released you'll have to come back here for parole meetings.'' Poppy said looking at him.

''I know but its better to have freedom.. so will you give me a good recommendation?'' He asked giving her puppy eyes.

''So far you've been doing well and you've been showing up, so we will see. But lets continue where we left off, I was asking how are you getting along with the other inmates?'' She asked giving him her full attention ignoring the puppy eyes.

''Well most of the ones that also come here to see you, we get along great, others are just ok, but the worst is Sunset and his cellmate.''Zack said shivering.

Poppy made a note of it. ''So what are your plans with your life when you get out of here?'' She asked looking at him sitting back.

''Well if I get out of here I'll get a job, go to my parole hearings and all that, and maybe meet a girl.. say would you consider going out with me when I'm free?'' He asked blushing scraching the back of his brown hair.

Poppy looks up with a half smile, it wasn't the first time she'd been asked that. ''Sorry Zack but I don't date my patients, besides didn't you have a girlfriend before you went to jail?'' She asked.

''Yeah but she left because she couldn't deal with me.'' He said looking down.

''And how does that made you feel?'' She asked sitting back and about to write.

 ''Well it hurts, me and her have been together for a couple years and then all because I was desperate to get money to take her to a concert and then I end up getting arrested all for her and she leaves.. who does that?'' He asked sad trying not to cry.

Poppy felt bad for Zack he wasn't on the level of some of the more intense inmates but robbing a bank  by yourself took guts but stupid on his part. ''It seems to me that you need to address the situation otherwise it will be with you forever.'' Poppy said looking at him.

''But she probably changed her number and is with someone else.'' He said gripping the arm of the chair.

''Well I mean you have been in here for 3 years but maybe she hasn't moved on it takes awhile for trolls to accept that their partner or boyfriend did anything like that.'' Poppy said. ''They pretend that its not real but who knows don't give up just yet.'' 

''Your right.'' He said.

There was a knock on the door and Poppy stood up and shook hands with Zack and she buzzed Tresillo in who looked up at her.

''We will continue this in a couple of days.'' Poppy said.

''Right sure whatever you say Pop's.'' He said putting on his I don't care face.

Tresillo cuffs him as they go to the door. ''Tresillo.'' Poppy nodded.

''Senorita Poppy.'' He greeted hand on the tip of his hat as he left.

Poppy sighed and took a drink of water, onto the next one.

Hickory's voice called in though the phone. ''Inmate 19 coming.''

After a couple minutes there was a knock on the door as Poppy buzzed it open, this time it was Ryan a dirty yellow troll who came in his eyes wide and a small bruise on his face as the cuffs were off, Hickory nodded and left.

''Hello Ryan.'' She said pleasently.

''Hey Poppy.'' He said smiling.

They sat down. ''So how are you this morning?'' She asked.

''Great had trouble sleeping.'' He said.

''Oh more nightmares?'' Asked Poppy.

''No its all thanks to my loud next door cell mate Sunset.'' He said.

''I see and I heard you got into a fight with him, what was it about?'' She asked curiously.

''It was about you Poppy, he was making sexual jokes about you and well I told him to stop but he kept it up and I lost it and attacked him, I will protect you at all costs, because you are amazing and have helped me a lot.'' He said leaning forward squeezing her hand.

She pulls it away. ''Watch it Ryan.'' She warned.

''Sorry.'' He said going back to his normal self.

''Its ok but with your hearing coming up in a couple of days, how are you feeling about it?'' She asked.

''I really hope thaat punch doesn't set me back.'' He sighed.

''Well so far you've had good behavior and follows the rules, coming to see and actually talking to me I'm sure you will.'' Poppy said writing it down.

''All I did was steal from peopel's houses and this is what I get a year here.'' He said frowning.

''Well we'll have to see, I really think you are changing for the better.'' Poppy said.

''Yes Poppy all thanks to you.'' He smiled.

All day Poppy listened to the other inmates about their problems, one stole,  one kidnapped, one started a street figh causing someone to get killed. She was exhausted but she had one more to deal with.

''Alright Poppy, I'm bringing 122 in.'' Hickory said.

Poppy sighed this was the worst one, the door opened and in came a orange muscualr troll who flashes Poppy a big smile.

''Hey Poppy.'' He said in a smooth voice.

''Hi Sunset.'' She said faking happiness.

''Are you sure you don't want the cuffs on him or me in here?'' Asked Hickory worried about her safety.

''No Hickory- I'll be fine but stay right outside.'' She said.

''Here.'' He tossed her a walkie talkie.

She nodded and Hickory walked out of the room.

''So how are you today Sunset?'' She asked sitting down.

''Fine and how are you?'' He asked eyeing her body as he sat next to her.

''I'm good now I think we should pick up where we left off of how you felt during the crimes.'' She said looking though her notes.

''Or we can sit here and flirt with each other.''  He suggested winking at her.

Poppy frowned annoyed, Sunset was the one to be here the longest he was in for starting a riot, B&E, robbing, starting fights, and tried to sexually assult a couple of females, and nobody could prove he assulted other girls.

''We are here to talk about your feelings and try to get you to open up.'' She said  staying calm.

''I'm aware and you know I have feelings for you and we should talk about them.'' He said leaning forward and tried to grab her hand.

''If you don't behave and take this seriously, I will have them place you back in your cell.'' She said pulling back her hand.

''Oh come on you enjoy these visits.'' He said smirking.

''I'm your therapist and I listen to you while trying to get you out of here.'' She said.

''Why would I want to leave when I have you?'' He said standing up walking over to her.

''Ok we are done here.'' Poppy said using the walkie. ''Hickory.''

She was about to push the button when he grabbed her wrist and she yanked it away. ''I don't think so come on you and me together we can do--'' He was tazed and he fell down and Hickory cuffed him.

''You ok Poppy?'' Asked Prince D.

''Y-Yeah I'm good.'' She said realizing she was leaning against the desk. ''Just Sunset and his flirting.'' She said.

Poppy sighed it wasn't the first time he did that, he wasn't the only one to try it, she grabbed her stuff, locking the door and left she went though the backdoor and passed the courtyard where the inmate trolls were playing. She saw a blue troll who was against the wall frowning, he must of felt her watching and turned to look at Poppy, she smiled and gave a small wave, he rolled his eyes and turned back to watching the other trolls. She shrugged it off and went home.

Here we go enjoy next up jail drama and Poppy meets Branch.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13K 350 22
I had to admit, he was cute. His eyes sparkled nervously and his lips were a lovely shade of natural red. He had his arms crossed over his chest, a g...
2.2K 156 10
Something Tragic occurs in Poppy's life. The life of one woman who survives the unthinkable.
58 9 5
Poppy, 24, always lived her life behind the safety of her camera. Always watching people live their life, take risks, get hurt, fall in love, get hur...
2.4K 34 25
When 18 year old Talia goes through some rough patches with her boyfriend Alex, but she seeks comfort from her best friend Michael he doesn't want to...