โœ“ ยฒ ๐•๐ˆ๐‘๐€๐†๐Ž โ”โ” Steve R...

By agentofbarnes

๐•๐ˆ๐‘๐€๐†๐Ž. โ› heroine at day, virago at night. โœ โ€ƒโ€ƒโ€ƒโ€ƒโ€ƒโ€ƒโ€ƒโ€ƒCA: THE WINTER SOLDIER, 2021 โ€ƒโ€ƒโ€ƒโ€ƒโ€ƒโ€ƒโ€ƒโ€ƒMARVEL CINEMA... More

virago
playlist + graphic gallery
shield database
zero.
one.
two.
four.
five.
six.
seven.
eight.
nine.
ten.
epilogue.

three.

147 14 31
By agentofbarnes

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄. | ❛ Dangerous Liaisons. ❜

JAMIE STARED AT THE NUMEROUS OF FILES THAT WAS SPRAWLED ACROSS THE TABLE, her eyes scanning down the material to look for any crucial piece she may have missed. She was currently at Elijah's place to discuss the situation that's been happening in SHIELD and the unexpected death of Fury. Anna was there too, and the pair was worried that the sorceress was taken, but their shoulders dropped in relief watching her enter the room with a box of documents with a giddy smile on her face.

"I don't get it," Jamie grumbled in annoyance, feeling a headache forming. Her eyes averted away from the endless papers surrounding the desk towards Anna, who had her face hidden in a book. She watched how her nose scrunched in confusion and her eyes narrowed as she tried to read the material. She almost laughed at the sight.

Anna let out a sigh and threw the book on the table before her body landed on the couch, "Me and you both, honey." she agreed, covering her face with her hands feeling exhaustion hit her.

Jamie rested a finger on her lips, looking down once again. Her eyes darted on the papers before her gaze suddenly landed on a file that caught her interest. A frown etched on her face as she picked it up, studying the front with curious eyes. A heavy feeling settled into her stomach at the title. H.R.N. was inked with large letters, covering the whole binder.

Her mind wandered as her eyes were looking at the file that held so many painful memories. She furrowed her eyebrows. Why does SHIELD have this file? Are they involved? Is H.R.N still existing? So many questions ran through her head. Her stomach churned, along with a thumping heart that was pounding loudly against her chest. She released a shaky exhale before she turned her eyes away towards the window, feeling sunlight illuminate her face through the glass.

"Did you guys find anything?" Elijah asked, entering the room with a tray of drinks in his hands and also pulling Jamie away from her corrupted thoughts. She turned her head to the scientist, her lips curving up unknowingly.

Anna had her eyes closed, her legs sprawled on the couch. She let out a yelp of surprise at Elijah pulling her legs at the side before taking a seat beside her. She gave him a glare and shifted her body so that she was sitting instead. Elijah chuckled, shaking his head in amusement before he turned his gaze to the ex-soldier that was staring into empty space.

"You alright, sweetheart?" He asked, his eyes clouding with a tint of concern. He studied her for a moment, noticing her stiff posture and the tight grip on a file. Anna, who was picking at the hem of her sweater, looked at Elijah with confusion and curiously followed his gaze.

Jamie clenched her jaw, snapping out of her daze. She blinked a few times before she locked eyes with the two, their worry-filled gaze making her want to curl into a ball and disapear. She gave them a conflicted look before she sauntered towards them with the folder tightly clasped into her hands before she throws it at the table.

The duo leaned in closely, their eyes studying the title with a bewildered expression. Elijah put on his glasses and grabbed the file before looking at her, his eyes slightly wide. "Where did you get that?" the sound of voice made her almost tremble, but she held her stoic face.

Jamie shrugged, "I don't know, you tell me. Why does SHIELD have this? Anna did you know this?" she said, her tone lacing with a tint of dreadness. She watched her friend fumbling with the material, her confused eyes studying every single word on the paper.

Anna's face changed color. The suppressing waves of emotions hit the surface, making Anna hold onto Elijah's hand for support. She shook her head, her words wobbling as she tried to find the right words to say. "I-I didn't know this. Wait, how come we didn't find this? I-I have checked every two months for the last 50 years." she vacillated, her glistening eyes turning to look at her friends.

Jamie puckered her lips, her hands placed on her hips with a deep look on her face. "Why would H.R.N be involved? We burned that organization to the ground. It's gone, right?" she shared her thoughts, her voice slightly cracking at the end which went unnoticed by the two.

Elijah gave Anna's hand a tight squeeze, gently caressing it with his thumb. He took the folder away from her grasp and placed it on the table. Silence engulfed the tense atmosphere, the trio lost in their thoughts as they were at loss for words. Why would SHIELD entangle with a government that got demolished years before they were established?

"H.R.N. was destroyed before anyone could lay a hand on it." Elijah broke the ice, his firm tone making the girls snap out of their melancholia, their attention placed on the scientist. Jamie folded her arms in front of her chest and inched closer, intentively listening.

"But with my intuition, that is very hard to believe. Our world is in constant change. This is not the 19th century anymore. People have connections and access to the most unfeasible things. We may think that SHIELD is a dependable organization that protects civilians and practices world peace, but is that really true? There is always something lurking behind the shadows and waiting to attack." he continued, looking back and forth to the girls.

"We don't know anything yet, but I suggest that we should be careful. Nick Fury told Rogers not to trust anyone, that was also implied to both of you," he concluded, his eyes lingering longer on the Heroine.

The mention of Steve made Jamie whirl her head towards the clock, her eyes widening as she remembered she was gonna meet Steve at the hospital. She cursed under her breath and walked back to the counter to grab her bag. "As much as I love family night, I need to head back to the hospital to meet Steve. We are getting closer than I anticipated," she said as she roamed her hands inside her bag to look for her elixir.

Anna raised an eyebrow at the tiny glass bottle resting on Jamie's hands. She stood up from the couch and walked towards her with her arms folded.

She titled her head to the side, quietly observing her. Just as Elijah, she spotted her stiff shoulders and the quickness of her breath. Her chest prickled with worry when she noticed black arteries writhing from her neck.

"Milla, are you sure you're alright?" She asked, her eyes painted with genuine concern. Her face turned into a scowl at the sight of the elixir. She hasn't seen her drinking the potion since 1954, leaving her pondering about her current condition.

Jamie hummed in response before she opened the lid of the jug. She finally turned to look at her. Her face faltered at her friend's gaze, but she gave her a reassuring smile. "I'm fine, Annie," she replied, her face softening.

"Darling, you only drink that potion when your body is in disruption. By the looks of it, your body seems to be looking healthy." Elijah added, standing next to Anna.

Jamie scoffed, a dry chuckle emitted from her lips before she revealed a huge gash on her side, along with showing them her black veins flounder onto her skin. The pair watched in shock. Anna brought a hand over her mouth, her eyes lasting longer on the gash etched on her side.

"When did that happen?" Anna exclaimed, making Elijah flinch at her high tone. The sorcerer quickly went by her side, gently touching the wound with careful hands.

Jamie drank from the bottle, feeling the liquid entering her body. She grunted in surprise, making Anna pull her hand away but she gestured with her hand that it wasn't her fault. Her bones ached and she could feel her body desperately trying to heal itself from the potion.

"I fell from a building, no big deal," she said, brushing them off with a shrug. Elijah and Anna shared another look before looking at her like she has grown two heads. The sorcerer's attention went back to her wound and brought her hand in the air to cast a healing spell, but Jamie's hand pulled it away.

"Don't worry about me. We have more important matters to think about. I'll call you when I've collected enough information about SHIELD. Let's hope the potion works." Jamie ended the conversation with a tip-lipped smile.

"And if the potion won't work?" Anna worried, her eyebrows knitted together. The sorcerer watched her reaching for the door, but she stopped and turned her body towards them with a playful smile.

"I guess it's the end for me. You should prepare for my funeral, you know?" she joked, trying to light up the mood but earning disapproving looks instead.

Jamie's smile fell and her shoulders dropped. She sighed, "I'll figure it out. Worry about yourself, bug. I'll be back soon." she told her, her voice turning softer.

Anna's lips formed into a pout. She nodded her head, giving her a supporting smile. She could feel Elijah's hand rubbing her back and she sank into his warm touch.

Elijah brought Anna closer to his side before he gave Jamie an attentive look, "Be careful, kid." he reminded, making her exhale before she nodded her head.

"Aren't I always?"

"That's debatable, but okay, we believe you," Elijah interjected with a knowing look. Anna giggled, making Jamie roll her eye, her lips slightly curving upwards. With one last look, she gave them a salute and disappeared into the hallway.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

AUTHOR'S NOTE.

Yay chapter three is up, lovies! I honestly cannot wait to show you more of their dynamic and bringing up Jamie's past. It's so interesting and I hope you babes will like it.

Don't be a silent reader! Your comments makes my day and motivates me to keep going, loves. Happy reading <3

Taglist: FiammataAce18 -lelcnelyislandss csmicvrse -moonblooms moonqlow BLOODOATHS missacqcia -cosmicdvst jianssluvv 1-800-DRUKKARI

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6M 39K 30
โWarrior child, you carry such coldness in your veins. War-torn child, you carry such loneliness in your bones. War-born child, you carry such horror...
110K 3K 39
epiphany (n.) a moment of sudden and great revelation or realization. following a tortured past, bucky barnes and lucy pierce must work out their dif...
39.3K 2K 49
You'll be dead by morning. . . ยฉ STARFLEETS 2021 CA:TWS & CA:CW COMPLETED (2021)
7K 443 28
๐™„๐™ฃ ๐™– ๐™™๐™š๐™–๐™™๐™ก๐™ฎ ๐™ฉ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™œ๐™ค ๐™ค๐™› ๐™จ๐™๐™–๐™™๐™ค๐™ฌ๐™จ ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™™๐™š๐™˜๐™š๐™ž๐™ฉ, ๐™„๐™ข๐™ค๐™œ๐™š๐™ฃ ๐™‚๐™ง๐™š๐™ฎ ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐˜ฝ๐™ช๐™˜๐™ ๐™ฎ ๐˜ฝ๐™–๐™ง๐™ฃ๐™š๐™จ, ๐™›๐™ค๐™ง๐™ข๐™š๐™ง ๐™ก๐™ค๐™ซ๐™š๏ฟฝ...