𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐈 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰

By lalaszn

"𝐊𝐚𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐚, 𝐈'𝐦 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐠𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭" More

1
2
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11:1
11:2
12
13
14
15:1
15:2
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
Epilogue
unconditional lovers
update
T.H.I.N

3

22.8K 1K 180
By lalaszn

Katrina
-

Walking into the restaurant I made my way up the stairs to the outdoor seating. The wind blew through my hair with every step and my heels clacked against the floor as I held a strong hold of my jacket.

When I reached the top I instantly spotted Delon already sitting at the table typing something on his phone. I smiled at the hostess before making my way over to his table.

"Hey." I spoke catching his attention.

"Whats up?" He nodded towards me.

"Hello Ma'am, can I get you anything?" The waitress walked over to the table holding her notepad.

"Yes, can I have a margarita and then a chicken cesar salad please?" I said handing her the menu.

"I stress you out that damn much? You gotta drink right when you get here?" He scoffed, jokingly when she walked away.

"Anyways, I think it's best that we do everything we can to make sure we coparent correctly. We both grew up with two parents and I still want that for Zion even if we're not together." I got straight to the point.

"Most definitely, it shouldn't be no other way." He nodded his head in understanding.

"With that being said we have to keep this as mom and dad. You're Zion's dad and I'm his mom, that's it." I said motioning between us.

"Why you gotta keep saying it like that?"

"Because I don't want any mixed singles between us. I can't go back to that place with you and I mean that." I explained to him.

"But you're not even giving me a chance to show you my growth. The whole time I was gone I felt like we were building something more." He said and I raised my eyebrows at him.

"I mean we've grown to be in a better place but on the level of being cordial for our son. I don't have any hatred towards you anymore." I shrugged my shoulders.

"So all the letters and talking on the phone was solely for the sake of Z? You were doing all that just for him? You don't feel nothing else?"

"Yes." I nodded my head.

"That's bullshit Katrina and you know that." He scoffed, looking at me with a mug on his face.

"It's really not, you hurt me and you think everything's all sweet? I was nothing but good to you and you did me so wrong all the time."

"I've apologized and truthfully what did you expect while I was living that life? I couldn't be that caring and faithful man you wanted." He held his hands up like he was making sense.

"You being in the streets doesn't have shit to do with you sticking your dick in a random bitch." I said lowly through my teeth.

"But it does and you know that." He spoke up and I just rolled my eyes. Every conversation about our past was exactly like this and that's why we never worked out.

"How can I be that type of man when I'm out handling dangerous shit all day with no emotions? You knew what I was about when we first started talking and you still laid with me and had my son."

"I knew you were into the streets not a dirty ass cheating dog. Let's not try to blame the victim here." I said as the waiter came over with my stuff.

"Thank you, can I actually have a to go box?" I asked her and she nodded her head.

"Katrina, you knew so stop it. You just didn't care until it was brought to your attention. Did you think I was going weeks without sex from you and not getting it from somewhere else?"

"Fuck you, you're such an asshole." I scoffed at the bullshit coming out his mouth. I couldn't believe he thought I would be okay with him having sex with other women and then coming back to have sex with me.

"I'm not trying to be an asshole. I'm telling how it was and why it was like that. You can't act like this shit is new to you." He shrugged.

"The point is I'm not that man anymore and I want us to be able to move forward to fix us."

"Alright whatever, Delon. There isn't a us anymore and there's never going to be." I shook my head.

"Now when would be the best time for you to come see Zion?" I asked, changing the subject.

"I'm free whenever you are."

-

"Godson! I know you see me!" Natasha yelled as Zion ran into the house and ran past her. I was currently doing her hair in box braids at my house but I had to get him from off the school bus down the street.

"Hi godmommy!" He smiled running over to hug her quickly and then sitting down at the table.

"Why is he so damn hyper?" She asked looking between the two of us as I opened up another pack of braiding hair.

"His dad is coming to see him today."

"He got out?" She snapped her head in my direction and turned her face up at the mention of Delon.

"A couple days ago." I nodded.

"Oh so y'all are doing coparenting or what? Y'all are only talking for him right?" She asked in a concerned tone.

"Yes and that's it." I nodded.

"Good because he's not—"

"Tasha not right now." I cut her off and looked over at Zion who was sitting at the table. I knew her and Delon didn't get along but that was still my child's father. I would never talk down on him in front of Zion or allow anyone else to.

"I'm just saying but okay." She shrugged.

About an hour went by and I had finished up her large box braids after working on them for a couple hours and she made her way home. I cleaned up all the extra hair and wiped down the table before I started on dinner.

"Mommy, where's my daddy?" Zion tapped my leg as I stirred the chicken around in the pan.

"He should be here soon papa. Do you want something to eat?" I asked him and he nodded his head.

As I was making his plate the doorbell rung and Zion jumped out his seat excitedly. I smiled seeing my baby so happy and made my way over to the door.

"Hey." I said opening the door and stepped back letting Delon in the house.

"Hey, where's he at?" He started to ask but smiled when he saw Zion standing by the door with a huge smile that mirrored his own.

"What's up son?" He smiled.

"Stop being shy. You've been waiting for him to come see you all day." I said as I nudged him lightly towards his dad.

"Hi daddy." His small voice said as he reached his arms out to hug him as Delon kneeled down to his height. My heart damn near melted at their interaction with each other.

"You're so tall man. What your momma be feeding you?" He teased him as he pulled back from the hug and looked at him.

"I don't know." He shrugged his shoulders with a laugh and I playfully rolled my eyes.

I let Delon spend the rest of the day with Zion until it was time for him to go to bed. They just talked, did his homework and laughed like they never missed a beat. I was grateful their relationship was strong because that's all I wanted for my baby.

"Thank you for real." He reached his arms out to hug me and I just kept my arms straight. I knew he was excited but we weren't on good terms at all so I kept it cute with him.

"I'll text you when I get everything worked out with his school. That way you can start picking him up and stuff." I told him and he nodded.

"Bet, take care Trina."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

160K 7.5K 26
"𝘚𝘩𝘦 𝘪𝘴𝘯'𝘵 𝘴𝘶𝘤𝘩 𝘢 𝘣𝘢𝘥𝘢𝘴𝘴 𝘢𝘤𝘵𝘶𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘺. 𝘚𝘩𝘦'𝘴 𝘰𝘯𝘭𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘣𝘦𝘤𝘢𝘶𝘴𝘦 𝘴𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘴𝘩𝘪𝘵 𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘱𝘦𝘯𝘦𝘥 𝘣𝘢𝘤𝘬 �...
2.6K 98 10
𝚂𝚑𝚊𝚠𝚝𝚢 𝚖𝚢 𝚋𝚎𝚢𝚘𝚗𝚌𝚎𝚎𝚎𝚎.
656K 32.3K 29
" 𝚠𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚊 𝚐𝚎𝚝 𝚌𝚕𝚘𝚜𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚢𝚘𝚞..."
359K 17.1K 20
𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 𝖠𝗎𝗋𝗈𝗋𝖺 𝖽𝖾𝖼𝗂𝖽𝖾𝗌 𝗍𝗈 𝗍𝖺𝗄𝖾 𝖺𝗇 𝗂𝗇𝗇𝗈𝖼𝖾𝗇𝗍 𝗃𝗈𝖻 𝖺𝗌 𝖺 𝗌𝗎𝖻𝗌𝗍𝗂𝗍𝗎𝗍𝖾 𝗍𝖾𝖺𝖼𝗁𝖾𝗋 𝗐𝗁𝗂𝗅𝖾 𝗍𝗁𝖾...