Darkness Overwhelming

By IbukiSimp

In a desperate attempt to escape her living nightmare, Miko Yotsuya moves to Tokyo. There she will enroll in... More

Prologue: the haunted bus
Chapter 2: the bathroom
Chapter 3: nightmares
Chapter 4: the date; part 1
Chapter 5: the date; part 2

Chapter 1: the classroom of the 'elite'

5.1K 307 199
By IbukiSimp

Kiyotaka POV:

We just got through with the entrance ceremony, I spent that time observing my classmates. I did so with other classes, but there were very few people who caught my eye. This Miko Yotsuya girl is one of them, she was just staring at me. I knew we did it at the same time, but even with limited social knowledge I knew what she was doing was weird. I don't have room to talk though, I would probably be ousted as a freak if anyone knew my background.

Miko was acting odd compared to other people, it was as if there were obstacles always in the way. On our way to the entrance ceremony, she suddenly stopped and started staring at the air. After, I walked in front of her she visibly freaked out. Miko grabbed me and pulled me to the rest of the way to the ceremony. I thought I saw her eyes shaky; I will not pry into her life. 

Although her behavior is odd, I don't think I mind. Miko reminds me of Matsuo, I know the unfortunate fate he likely met once I left for here. That man will never show mercy, I guess that is something we have in common. Like father like son.

We walked in the classroom, I stopped to look around at everyone. This was my class it seemed, only around half the class was here. I saw a trio of boys ogling a group of girls that was gathered in the front with a popular looking boy with blonde hair was their main focus of attention. Other students gathered around, I looked around and thought I saw my name on a seat.

I had the perfect seat, far in the back and staring out the window. Miko was staring at the seat that was next to my desk, I noticed the nameplate Miko Yotsuya. 

"It would seem we are seatmates, Miko." the girl gave me a slight nod before staring at her seat.

I sat down, but it seemed that Miko decided to not take her seat. There are those eyes again, shaky, it was as if she saw something. What odd behavior.

"K-Kiyotaka, can I ask you a favor?" A favor? How intriguing.

"Sure, what is it?" 

"Could you, just, erm, sit in my seat for me for a second."

What? 

Miko POV:

Why did I just ask someone I just met, a weird question like that? I cursed myself inwardly.

Right in my seat was a large repulsive creature, it had a school uniform on. A ghost student it would seem.

Learn, learn! Learn! I want to learn!

It was looking at me! I kept staring in the same direction. Please answer me-

"Sure, I don't know what you're getting at but it seems important to you."

Why is my face heating up all of a sudden? It wasn't like I had ulterior motives; this was just an experiment.

Leeeeeeeearn! Rawwwwwwdbesbsbsbsbsb!

I had to maintain my stoic face as I heard those agonizing cries of the ghost. It seemed that the same thing of which happened on the bus was happening here. It wasn't like I wanted to use him; I just need to sit down!

Kiyotaka sat back down in his seat, I can't let my protection escape me!

"Thank you, Kiyotaka." He nodded "Would you like to walk back to the dorms together after class."

Kiyotaka POV:

Well, there wasn't anything wrong with the seat. The only conclusion I could come up with for why she wanted me to sit there was Miko having a thing for sitting where others sat. 

"Would you?" I fired the question back at her, gauging her reaction. The unknown of the answer left the mind to wander, it could be used as a way to reveal intentions.

"W-would I? That's why I'm asking jerk." dubious indeed, well played Miko my staring compatriot. 

"Sure, I hear it is better than walking alone." I stated plainly.

We continued our small chat, eventually the rest of the class made it, a teacher also filing in for the first bell.

The teacher explained the rules of the school to us and a bunch of garbage of how we were measured on merit and worth, yet here she was with devilish and deceiving eyes. Her intentions were as clear as day.

"Are there any questions? If not, then I will be taking my leave." Chabashira-sensei stated before walking out.

"I have a question!" it was Miko who suddenly stood up and grabbed the teacher's attention.

Miko POV:

The entire time I was listening to the teacher explain the rules, a ghost was yelling.

LIES, LIES, LIES!!!!!! THIS MONTH! LIES, LIES, LIES!!!!!

I knew that some ghosts tended to say some oddly relevant information with the people they are haunting. But why would the teach be lying? Then that was when she said it~

"You'll be receiving 100,000 private points this month..."

I heard everyone freaking out when they heard each point is equal to a yen. Thinking about it, it told lies and this month. Did it mean the points were a lie? It couldn't have been. If we only get 100,000 points this month, how much are we going to receive in the proceeding months?

"I have a question!" the entire class looked at me, the ghost quieted down, staring.

"How many points are we going to receive next month?" the class erupted with laughter

Thank you...

The ghost then faded away, it seems that even though it was violent and angry that it wasn't evil. It was actively trying to get me to do something, or at least someone to.

"You really must be dumb? Didn't you hear what sensei sa-" A dumb looking boy from the trio I saw earlier started blabbing his mouth.

"I did, I know there is something not sitting well with me here. Why tell us that we will receive only 100,000 private points this month instead of using a more general term, or even perhaps the word each month. It will leave only questions, at least if you really thought about it." I stated, the teacher smiled when I said that.

"I can't answer that question at this time. However, I would implore you to save your points." with that the teacher walked out, knowing that she was no longer needed.

Then the class was erupting in argument and confusion. Some popular looking guy and girl took reigns of the class and class introductions started, their names were Kushida and Hirata. I saw the girl Kushida on the bus, I swore I saw the evil spirits leaking out her body. Don't judge a book by it's cover is right. She wanted everyone's contact information, like hell I'm giving her mine. Oh, it looks like it is Kiyotaka's turn to introduce himself.

"Uhh...my name is Kiyotaka Ayanokoji...uh, it's nice to meet you. Erm...I don't have any particular interests...uhh, please treat me well." It was terrible, you may be blessed by God to destroy ghosts, but you are definitely not blessed with social skills. 

Everyone was softly clapping, I thought it would be the perfect time to say something. 

"It is nice to meet you Ayanokoji-kun," stay away pretty boy, he's my ghost killer 3000 "I hope we get along."

I looked at Kiyotaka and he gave me a thumbs up, definitely encouraging me after his attempt. Totally not putting a secret voodoo curse on me, it isn't like all of the sudden a ghost would come out of nowhere and scare me.

"Hello, my name is Miko Yotsuya, my hobbies include watching scary movies and going shopping. I hope to have a great school year with everyone. You can just call me Miko though." I said with a bow, there was the idiot trio acting like a bunch of dogs. The other girls seemed to be giving me a glare, I couldn't understand why though. Why did I always garner hatred and attract idiots. (Sad Kiyopon noises)

"It is nice to meet you Yotsuya-san," Hirata greeted me, laser eye beam! Die pretty boy, I know your type all too well, you will not trick this young maiden. So, I bowed and returned his greeting. Introductions were finished and stood right beside Kiyotaka's desk, waiting to see if he would say anything.

"Hm?"

"What?"

"Hey, stop staring." I felt my face heat up as he pointed this out.

I can't believe she is talking with that gloomy guy.

That Miko girl is so cute, too bad she is wasting time with that awkward guy.

What a skank, not to mention she isn't even interested in Hirata-kun.

Wow, people can sure be brutal. I think this is probably the first time ever hearing people say such horrible things with me to listen to it nonetheless. First it was the monsters haunting me, now it was people haunting me. Please someone help. I clenched the hem of my skirt, squeezing my eyes shut. Let this nightmare end, please. 

"Yo, Miko," oh it was Kiyotaka "Are you feeling alright? You look pale, do you need to go to the nurse office?"

Kiyotaka sounded concerned, how kind. It was almost baffling, the most genuine person I've met here is the monotone classmate of mine I had a staring contest with. Who needs to go to the nurse office anyways?

"No thank you," I say as I start to get a splitting headache "actually on second thought, let's go."

"Hm, okay."

Kiyotaka POV:

I am currently heading to the nurse office with my weird seatmate. I felt some kind kinship with her, I wanted to talk to her about what everyone was talking about. Rather, what I knew I overheard. I know people are cruel, which is exactly why I wanted to see what she thought about it. I could use her like a tool, I have a feeling that what I should do isn't just use her and discard her like I have been taught.

We entered the nurse office, the lady gave us some medicine to calm Miko's headache. 

"I have to step out, don't do anything crazy while I'm away, got it?" the nurse joked with us, Miko laughed dryly. 

We sat in silence, waiting for the other to speak. It felt like I could cut this tension with a knife.

"Do you still want to hang out with me?" I asked, gauging her reaction. I saw a surprised expression appear on her face, she turned to me giving a tired smile.

"It seems that my reputation has somehow taken a dumpster dive after associating with you," Miko somberly stated "But, I guess that just shows me their true colors. Do you still want to associate with me knowing that people will hate you for it?"

I turned to face her, it seemed she was still hiding something. 

"I know you're hiding something Miko, but I can tell it isn't bad." her expression looked surprised, the only person to figure her out it would seem "while I don't know what it is, I'm sure you have a good reason to hide it."

We shared a similar type of darkness, like minded individuals attending this school. Who knows what the future might hold for her?

"Thank you," I was surprised when I felt a hug, it was my very first "You were right, the secret isn't here I'll say as a hint of sorts."

"But it was in the classroom?" Miko looked shocked.

"You are the first, you must be super smart Kiyotaka." Miko had wide eyes. 

"I still don't know what exactly it is, so I can't really be a genius to be honest. You just seem very weird, that's how I could tell." I'm a masterpiece, apparently according to that man. 

"Say's you! I can't believe you keep that emotionless tone and attitude everywhere we have been today!" Miko pouted, though she wasn't wrong.

Good, we got off the prior topic. We made our way to the convenience store to run into a red-haired classmate. We got a huge hint at the school system and how my class is perceived, we were all defectives. If that is so, Miko's defective trait must have been her abnormal behavior, I must fall into the same category then. 

We continued to chat until we reached the dorms, I could tell Miko was having a great time. It was something I wanted to protect, that smile, that damned smile. It was as if all the cruelties of life ceased to exist, a face that was relaxed and let all go.

I am not stupid enough to try and get petty revenge because people were being rude and cruel, but I do hold the tools for it. 

Chapter finished!!

That sure was exhausting, I wrote all that on the plane. 

We have a situation with a cruel class, what will Miko decide to do? I hope she is alright.

What was that with Kiyotaka talking about protecting Miko's smile?

I hope everyone enjoyed reading it. It sure was uncomfortable while I wrote this chapter, I'm a little surprised I decided to write so much. As always, take care and have a great day. I am going to finish up the white room servant chapter now. I love writing it, the damn laptop wasn't letting me though because wattpad can be stupid. I also can't copy and paste my work from my documents...I hate wattpad so much.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

41.2K 1.4K 9
Ayanokouji will be going to school like normal and will meet Miyuki. (Miyuki loves her brother as a brother just so you guys know) Miyuki will be the...
143K 6.2K 90
Y/N has a dark past filled with violence, scheming, and manipulation. In the pursuit of a changed lifestyle, Y/N enrolls in Tokyo Metropolitan Advan...
23.2K 1.3K 16
[Ayanokouji in Class C] Ayanokouji Kiyotaka has lived his life controlled by his father, in an environment that broke many lives through sheer violen...
16K 665 9
𝙃𝙀𝘼𝙍𝙏 || A young girl named [Name] has just found out that she has been accepted ANHS. However as she enters school she soon learns all the drea...