Last Chance (Completed)

By WrittenbyJanae

Sequel to One Night. Continue to follow Aria and Landon through possible love and parenthood while also getti... More

Sequel
1. Aria
2. Landon
3. Jodie
4. Aria
5. Mink
6. Landon
7. Jodie
8. Mink
9. Aria
10. Landon
11. Jodie.
12. Mink
13. Aria
14. Mink
15. Jodie
16.
17. Mink
18. Aria
19. Ominscent
20. Jodie
21. Aria
22. Mink
23. Chris
24. Jodie
25. Ominscent
26. Mink
27. Double POV
28. Mink

29. Omniscient

14.7K 715 254
By WrittenbyJanae

"I knew you would get the job!" Aria said excitedly to Mink as they sat across from each at their favorite Mexican spot. Mink was all smiles she was happy because this IT company was one she had her eye on from the start.

"Have you heard back yet?" Mink questioned, her and Aria interviewed on the same day. Aria shook her head as she picked up a tortilla chip and dipped it in the salsa. "I'm not going to get my hopes up, I have a few more interviews later this week. I just need one to come through. That of course was my first choice cause the pay starts higher but I just need to get my foot in the door."

Mink nodded in understanding, "I feel it. I'm going to still claim it for you that the job is yours!" Aria smiled as she thanked her, "when do you start?"

Mink sighed as she picked up a chip, "orientation is next week and it's so much shit I have to do. You know our lease is about to be up and I just signed a lease for my new place so I'll be spending the weekend packing. While also trying to prepare to start a new job."

"This is all good stuff though!" Aria let out as Mink nodded in agreement, "yeah it is, just happening quick."

"I'm surprised you and Jodie didn't get a place together." Aria let out with a sly look. Mink looked at her like she was crazy, "we are still fresh, it's only been a couple of months. I would not dare move in with a nigga that soon. We still need our separate space."

Aria nodded in understanding, "speaking of Jodie though! You never finished telling me what happened with his mom, I know you texted me pissed that y'all were going there." Mink rolled her eyes, "it was a shit show, as expected. But Jodie stood up to her and basically told her to get with it or kick rocks cause he was still gon fuck with me." Mink said with a smile, "she made it clear she didn't like me and was still team Kira."

"Wow. I can't." Aria said with a shake of her head, "what be wrong with these niggas mamas? You know me and Landon's mama didn't hit it off starting off."

"I remember." Mink said with a shake of her head, "it's like Jodie mama lowkey act like that's her man though. She was throwing Kira name around a lot but I honestly feel like it's just her. It's clear he was like the man of the house and she don't like the thought of somebody coming in and taking him. And women need to stop that shit. Your son is not your man."

Aria nodded in agreement, "hell yeah, that shit is weird as hell and happens way too often. Oh, I didn't tell you! I cut things off with Quay."

"What?" Mink asked with surprise, "how did that go? I'm honestly not surprised cause you were talking about just wanting to be by yourself."

Aria nodded, "yeah, and I honestly kind of told him that. Told him we could be cool but I'm not looking for nothing beyond that right now and he was cool about it." Mink smiled, "well that's good. You happy?"

Aria nodded with a smile, "it's refreshing, I'm not butt hurt over Landon anymore so it's not like an alone because I got played feeling. But a this is what I want so it feels damn good type of alone." 

"I fucking love it." Mink let out honestly and truly happy for Aria.

"Me too, but off of that, before I forget to tell you! Kennedy wants to do one big kumbaya before everyone goes their separate way since we've all graduated and shit now. You probably don't know this but she took a job in Colorado, that she leaves for next month. And she just wants all of us to get together one last time like old times."

"Who is everybody?" Mink asked as her eyes went towards the waitress bringing out their food. Aria followed her eyes, pausing the conversation until after their food was in front of them.

"Me, you, Landon, Chris, Jodie, her, I believe Bryan." Aria let out as she took a bite of her food. "Her and Chris cool again?" Mink questioned with curiosity, the last she knew she hated the man's guts. Aria shrugged, "I think she's just pushing it aside for this last get together. Who knows how it'll go though, you know Landon and Chris not cool behind that whole Cassie situation." Aria let out with a roll of her eyes.

"Damn, that's right. I almost forgot about that shit." Mink let out as she mixed her ACP up a little more. "I'd be down for it though, I guess. Hopefully it's just good vibes." She finished.

"That's the goal, she asked if we could do it at my place since I'm renewing my lease and it's the only put together one already. You know Landon just got his own place after staying at his parents after the bullshit. I don't know what's going on with Chris and Jodie though."

"Jodie just signed a lease too, at the apartment complex like down the street from mines." Mink said with a roll of her eyes and a small smile. Aria laughed, "oh that's cute. Y'all keeping it close."

"Girl whatever, but from what Jodie said about Chris I'm pretty sure him and his girl are moving to be closer to his son. They seem to be getting pretty serious, it's the most faithful I've ever saw him." Mink let out.

"Well that's good cause Chris did way too much." Aria responded. Mink easily nodded in agreement as they spent the rest of dinner just talking about random shit and planning girl time dates, their relationship had flourished and was no doubt the strongest out of the group.

———

"Can I get everybody's attention?" Kennedy called out over the low music and side conversations. The day had came where her last kumbaya was in fruition. She was happy that everybody agreed to come together one last time.

All eyes were on her, "I just want to thank you all for coming tonight. I know a few of us don't see eye to eye anymore, and some friendships have dwindled away." Her eyes went to Mink and then to Chris and Landon. "But we all still came out tonight and are able to reminisce on the good times we had through college! And I just want y'all to know I will miss y'all, and will always remember all the good times we had." Kennedy's eyes started to water as if she was about to cry.

"Alright man, somebody cut off Kennedy drinks. She don't need no more damn drinks." Jodie let out causing everyone to laugh. Everyone was there plus some plus ones, Chris had brought his girlfriend and Bryan had even brought a girl he was dealing with.

Chris and Landon had kept their distance, neither one of them speaking to each other whereas Kennedy had tried to have some conversations with Mink. Mink entertained her a little but she wasn't going overboard with it.

"Damn, it's really the end." Jodie let out as he stood beside Mink with his arm wrapped around her neck. Mink nodded, a lot of shit had happened between the group of people in this room. "Who would have ever thought that the fucked up shit y'all did would bring us all together for years?" Mink questioned causing Jodie to laugh. "Chill on us." He let out, "we were young and dumb but we growing up, we realize our wrong doings."

"But I got to be the luckiest mothafucka in here," he started changing the topic of conversation, "cause I got the baddest girl out the group and ain't letting her go no goddamn where." Mink couldn't control the smile that came to her face as she turned placing a kiss on his lips. "And it's no doubt you the finest mothafucka in here. What a fucking love story." They both smiled, exchanging a few more kisses.

"Get a room!" Chris called out causing Mink and Jodie to look over at him with a laugh. Jasmine stood with a smile on her face, happy to see that Jodie took the steps needed to get the girl he wanted. Chris wrapped his arm around her waist pulling her attention as she looked over at him. "You good baby?" He questioned as she nodded. "Whenever you want to leave, we can." He let out as he kissed the side of her head before engaging in conversation with Bryan again. After taking him back after the Kennedy situation he had been a phenomenal boyfriend, he was so caring and loving and just attentive. At first she thought it would just be like that for the first few weeks cause men love to act right when they get back, but it hadn't changed and she loved it.

At no point had she had to question his loyalty with her because his ass was always right up under her if he wasn't with his son, and that was only if he was out of town with him. She had met his baby mother and it was no animosity or beef due to the fact that Chris and her never had any real feelings towards one another, it was the best situation Jasmine could have asked to be in when dealing with someone who has a child.

Her and Chris had made the decision to move a little closer to Cassie so that he could see his son more, they had both landed a job so they would be making the move soon, and one thing was for certain; they were both happy and Chris had no intentions on messing it up again with her.

Kennedy's eyes were set on Chris and Jasmine before she quickly averted her gaze, she did hold slight jealously and animosity due to the fact that Jasmine got him to settle down but she couldn't. But she wouldn't dwell on that, she would be moving to a new city and state soon and she was ready to embrace the change. At this point she needed to start over and she was more than happy to. She was happy that this get together would allow her to leave everyone on a positive note. She hated that her and Mink couldn't get past their issues; moreso that Mink wouldn't. But she had no one to blame but herself. However, her and Kira still kept in contact and actually had a lunch date planned before she left. Though she had lost one friend, she gained another.

"This turned out decent." Landon spoke as he came up beside Aria as she stood in front of all the food making herself a plate. He grabbed himself a plate as well. She looked over at him with a nod, "yeah it did. I'm happy Kennedy got what she wanted and everyone came out."

"And thanks for keeping the peace with Chris." Aria let out as Landon grabbed a piece of pizza. "Man fuck that nigga." Aria laughed lightly as she shook her head as she leaned against the counter taking a bite of her pizza. "Are you mad he fucked Cassie and got her pregnant or mad that —"

He quickly cut her off, "I'm mad that he was supposed to be my boy and basically fucked my girl at the time. You wouldn't fuck with that shit either."

"You're right I wouldn't." Aria stated in agreement as her eyes roamed over him as she chewed her food. "How's the job hunt going?" He questioned. "Well how have the interviews been?"

Aria sighed, "I feel like they go fine, but I haven't heard anything back. Matter of fact let me check my email." She pulled out her phone clicking on the mail app as she refreshed it, seeing an email from the most recent stating they decided to go with someone else. She rolled her eyes but then saw one from the first place she interviewed with. She felt as that if they were emailing her she probably didn't get it. She clicked on it as the first word read congratulations! A smile automatically coming to her face as she read on, they basically stated they interviewed plenty of people but felt she fit their company best. "I got it!" She yelled out as she looked at Landon! "I got the job I wanted!" A smile plastered on her face as she sat her food down in excitement.

Landon automatically smiled, "congratulations!" He sat his food down as he opened his arms as she easily ran and hugged him, she was so damn happy. "What's going on?" Mink yelled out as Aria yelled once again that she got the job. Everyone congratulated her as smiles lit up the place. This was the perfect ending of a night for Aria.

Once her excitement died down as well as the questions everyone went back to side conversations and grabbing food before eventually making their way out.

Mink and Jodie helped clean up a little before making their departure, but at the end it left her, Landon, and Kennedy. "Thanks for letting me host it here." Kennedy let out as she stacked pizza boxes to be thrown away. "Of course." Aria responded as she washed a few dishes that were used.

"This the last of the trash?" Landon asked as he took the trash bag out of the trash can. Everyone looked around once more before Kennedy responded, "yeah and these pizza boxes." He reached his hand out for them before taking them and the trash bag out of the house.

"I'm really going to miss you." Kennedy let out with a puppy dog face. Aria laughed, "I know, but we can still FaceTime and shit and definitely visit one another. We got another two weeks before you go so we will spend some time together!"

"Yeah, it's just crazy. I'm really going somewhere where I know nobody. But I'm honestly excited about it. Feel like I burned too many bridges here and just did too much sometimes. Young and dumb."

"We all make mistakes and do stupid shit, but as long as we learn from them we can come out better on the other side." Aria responded. Kennedy smiled, "yeah. I just want to be better at this point." There was a pause, as quietness took over them for a moment.

"Well I'm going to head out." Kennedy let out with a yawn, "I've been packing slowly but surely. I like to do a little bit each night. So imma go shower, do that, and Netflix until I knock."

"Alright girl, text me when you get home." Aria let out as they exchanged hugs. As they did so Landon made his way back in. Kennedy said bye to him and made her way out.

Landon looked around making sure there was nothing left to be cleaned up, he focused back on Aria when he saw everything was good. "I'm going to call my parents and see how Ava is, if she's up you want me to keep her or bring her here? If she's sleep you know my mama is going to say just get her in the morning."

Aria shrugged her shoulders, "up to you. Just let me know what you decide." Landon chuckled as he thought for a moment, "alright, I'll just keep her tonight if she's up." Aria would not complain about that.

He walked towards the door before stopping and turning around, his eyes burning into hers. "Let me say this and then I'll leave the subject alone."

Aria already knew what he was getting at, she nodded for him to continue. "I appreciate you Aria, honestly. I know I did some fucked up shit when it came you and I'll never be able to apologize enough. But know that I really do love you and I hope that one day we'll be able to walk down the road again, I don't want you to think I just be saying this shit to say it. I mean it."

Aria nodded in understanding, "I know you do, and I hear you loud and clear." She gave a small smile, in her mind there was nothing more to be said, she wasn't about to walk down that road with him and she felt like all he wanted to hear was that she would or that she would at least consider it but she couldn't say that right now. He nodded, not truly satisfied with her response but could say he let it be known without a doubt where he stood. "Have a good night." He said as she told him to do the same before he made his way out.

She headed towards the door to lock it before leaning her back and head against the door as she smiled. Tonight was a good night, and having the whole apartment to herself made it even better. "Self love coming right up." She said to herself as the thoughts of a bubble bath entered her mind.

After her child, she would be putting herself first. That's all she wanted to focus on and that's all she would focus on.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

36.5K 1.7K 11
In this sequel we pick up where Our Little Secret left off with Aria James heading out on her own and on her way to being a single mother. With a div...
6.3K 266 15
One girl's hate leads to the other's downfall.
1.8K 27 20
Landon, Sarah, Caster, and Isabell have gotten into trouble. They're all friends, but some secrets haven't been told. Secrets are revealed, questions...
5.9K 215 22
Sequel to Head Over Boots Not friends, Not enemies, Just strangers, With some memories ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ All Rights Reserved ©copyright 2016 Warning| May...