Modern Weapons Cheat In Anoth...

By PoisonNShadoW

Nagato Kazuya had it in for him with a stray bullet from heaven. Now he gets a chance for a redo with hazard... More

What do you mean I'm not dead-dead?
Isekai Trio
Rip and Tear
Intermission: To Be or Not to Be
Second Tour
Expeditionary Force - Isekai
Sengoku Yōhei
Friends in high places
Casual Wednesday
Gods and Fate Part 1
Gods and Fate Part 2
Intervention

Beach Episode

1.1K 42 40
By PoisonNShadoW

Battleship Aleksander, Objective Maizuru, Kansai Sector. Day 3

The bay's mouth seemed to close and swallow those ahead whole.

"Twenty seconds to landfall," the comms operator said.

Admiral Yasumoto Akira had a bad feeling. It came off as abstract as instinct, gnawing his mind. Beaches, hidden beneath the forest's veil, shrouded in mystery under Kami's whims, yet they, mortals, had the audacity to intrude. A place like home, so familiar and yet so different.

"Ships have beached."

Yasumoto focused his binoculars past the destroyers, Landing Craft Mortars, and Rockets. The two Landing Craft Infantry dropped their gangways, and their four-hundred marines braved the sands alongside LVTs.

For the past few minutes, symmetrical figures other than the yellow sand formed around the beachhead — crates, jeeps, sandbags, Captain Aruga Kōsaku sighed.

"Little resistance."

Yasumoto snorted. "That's what they said on Iwo."

Soon enough, steel wires shimmered the perimeter. Yasumoto checked his watch. They'll finish before lunch.

"Comms, fleet-wide status report."

Kaijus. Of all the things their Master warned them, it had to be kaijus. Even on his first day in the world, his wrinkles and gray hair never left him.

While he regarded his Master with an unconditional level of respect, he's still a human with the common sense of Earth and the land of the rising sun. His supposed years of experience, purported by his already greying hair, led him to conclude his Master's expectations, although sound, to be the ramblings of a child waking up after having a nightmare involving a Showa Era kaiju.

"Admiral, Captain, our screens to the north have detected something big on the sonar."

Aruga frowned. "Have they enacted the proper protocols?"

"Yes, Captain. They're seeing chunks of flesh floating up, but they're not confident if their depth charges can finish the job in one full swing."

Yasumoto clicked his tongue. I had to jinx it, eh?

"General Quarters."

Their responsibilities as lords of the sea gave the two naval officers a moment to look at each other. Fantasy or not; animal or monster; the alarm went off on the 1 Main Circuit, and all hands moved as they were.

"General Quarters. General Quarters. General Quarters."

The Executive Officer moved his arms and legs, turning his head left, right, and center to see everyone in their place while receiving every piece of information. Both Akira and Aruga grabbed some binoculars from a side table. The comms officer was listening to the radio intently.

"We've just received an update. Our screens ten kilometers north have opened fire on an unknown aquatic beast and forced it under. However, it's shadowing them."

"Do they have a description of the beast?"

"Massive — Cephalopod in nature."

Yasumoto raised a brow. "A Kraken?"

The comms officer scratched his cheek. "They're unsure. It's more of a massive squid from the looks and number of tentacles that popped out trying to submerge them."

"Then we're not killing off an incarnation of humanity's sins. Contact the carriers and prepare for anti-submarine warfare."

"Aye-aye."

"What's the plan, Admiral?"

"I'm still considering it, Captain."

"Considering?"

"How confident are you in naval gunnery?"

"America is a land of magic, but the margin for error is beyond unacceptable for a potshot."

"Yet we cannot scare it away either."

The American submarine campaign brought a painful memory. Is this how the Navy's first operation ends? Hell no! Yasumoto's blood burned. A giant squid picking a fight on their ships does not deserve the title of Kaiju.

"Personally, Admiral, I prefer holding back on sashimi if we don't get ourselves dealing with the new zaibatsu scion in the academy."

"Then I suggest you have a Military Police escort if you tell that to a submariner's face."

There's only one way this ends.

"Comms, ready the fleet for their orders. We have one shot at this."

***

Captain Senzo was not having a good day. First, the abomination covering their sensors. Second, they bombed it to hell, only for it to show its tentacles to try and pull them to Davy Jones' locker. And now, they named the destroyer Squid Bait.

They maintained a relative speed against the Kraken. Their sonar pinged, displaying the blob and five destroyers inbound. Even on the bridge, Senzo pulled his coat to his nose from diarrhea reeking out his stern. Sailors went in and out with all their rations while the mess hall mixed them into something else. The cook noticed him and gave a thumbs up, and Senzo gleamed to the helmsman.

"A hundred-eighty degrees to port!"

"Aye, fucking, aye!"

Senzo grabbed the doorframe, the destroyer swaying hard right. The ship stabilized, and sailors dumped the contents out of the crate. Gently, of course. Everyone deserved a good tease.

"Lo and behold, would you look at that."

On the sonar, the blob followed them.

***

"It caught the bait. Kraken's tailing Squid Bait."

The XO moved the piece on the table while Yasumoto grabbed one of the five pieces, running parallel to Squid Bait. It can adapt all it wants, but it's still stupid to think it's getting a lot of grub.

A black fog rose to the north.

"Attack Group going full steam ahead — thirty knots."

Yasumoto clenched the piece. A man overboard was the last thing they needed.

"First phase of the attack commenced."

The water around them splashed. Hedgehogs, was it? Sixteen kilograms of Torpex with contact fuzes launched on spigots.

White upwellings formed around them, and the water turned bluer. Flesh, membrane, anything of the sort was a good sign. And, boy, did they float up by several dozens. It might even supply a deli for weeks.

"Multiple hits confirmed — phase two commencing."

Barrels jumped off the ships. Once more, white upwelling appeared, and the surface turned black in ink. Yasumoto gritted his teeth.

"Target has escaped, bearing north."

"Add Classical Conditioning to my recommendations for the next report."

They haven't killed it, but that'll teach it a lesson.

***

Main Office, G - Tower

Chitose only saw Closure as a means to her desires and a successful mission. With that said, her hips needed one right now.

Her Master's eyes wandered while she addressed the expedition's status report. Beyond her station, but necessary to get the promotion she needed. He didn't seem to mind. So far, so good, but why did she have to go wild last night?

"Master, perhaps you would like to discuss this at a later date?"

"We don't have time for a 'later date,' Chitose."

Her Master wore his commander face, a collection of stern gazes and expressions that complement his authoritative intonations and sentence structures to emanate his power at such a young age. His reaction regarding the Kraken was straight to the point, not worth more words after her detailed report of all aspects of the incident.

"Still, the presence of a sea monster roaming around the sea is concerning. The Admiral's recommendation sounds compelling, but it would be a different matter once it can differentiate merchant shipping. Should we delay our transfer and task a destroyer flotilla to hunt it?"

"I suggest not."

Knives went to her legs while his already calculated gaze demanded her to clarify. Was it obvious? His eyes rolled, motioning her to take a seat with a decisive sway of his arm that said "no" for an answer. She accepted his offer with a graceful motion.

"We can deduce its intelligence from how it adapted quickly from dealing with the ships on the surface. Based on the reports, they gave it a hard time later on."

He tilted his head. "I'm not picking up."

"Negative Reinforcement."

The Admiral's suggestion was sound, if not lacking.

"We can assume the fact the Kraken pressed on despite the destroyers following anti-sub warfare was that it didn't know any better at first. With the combined sonar wave, hedgehogs, and depth charges from all five other destroyers, the Kraken can tell that anything at that size emitting screw noises and sonar is going to give it a bad day from here on out."

"I'll have four destroyers and a cruiser hunt it. I want to go beyond the Atomic Age, but we don't have many things to farm, now do we?"

No.

"There's another suggestion from Admiral Yasumoto about a floating harbor filled with seafood mixed with high explosives."

"How big are we talking about?"

"A supply ship's worth considering the Kraken's size is bigger than your — quote-unquote — mom."

He harrumphed. "We might as well use a nuclear bomb then. But let's not get ourselves side-tracked here. Return to the main issue."

"What strikes us odd is how an island that near is unpopulated. A giant octopus can't be everywhere. It can't stop all explorers from venturing that far."

"Provided the myths and legends from what I've learned are true, then we have no choice but to put our relocation to a halt."

"But are you comfortable with that?"

"You think the kingdom will accept crypto?"

"I don't know what an underground burial site has to do with this, Master, but we can resort to a bond before purchasing the land," her Master pouted. Was that a joke? "With some concessions, of course."

"I don't want people mistaking a mutual defense treaty as an actual military alliance. I don't care about the red tape before that, but I want it settled here right now," he tapped the desk. "I will not risk the lives of my soldiers when it's invoked over some damn daimyo's indiscretion. They'll have to prove their worth for it while understanding the difference in power."

"Naturally, Master. Perhaps we can start with simple trade?" humanity's oldest symbol of mutual prosperity.

"Spice?" he looked troubled. There are too many East/West India companies and incidents to care about. "Maybe rice, soy sauce, the full isekai package. We can involve the Culinary Arts as a show of goodwill."

"Your suggestions are duly noted. However, we'll still need a middleman — Someone with influence and power to keep it smooth."

"Any word from our spies?"

"They made contact with some bandits eyeing the women and the vehicles. The results are as you expect. No casualties on our side, and we've seized a handful of some kind of velociraptor mounts. It's docile, fast, and has an appropriate weight capacity to keep up with a jeep."

"Have them keep it for future research."

"I've already referred it to the science department. We're already making plans as we speak. In the meantime, they'll use them to infiltrate the city."

"Good."

"Furthermore," Chitose turned the pages from her clipboard. "Mosquitoes have been flying on points of interest. Our biggest concern is the troop buildup on the Canary-Alsace border and two massive concentrations of monsters incomparable to the ones we fought."

"A dilemma," a problem with two unsatisfactory responses. "If I were a competent imperial commander, I would think the enemy is desperate, preoccupied. They'll commence a guerrilla war against us. And what other place can they do that?"

Here. Chitose didn't want to say it; her Master was no better; It was inevitable. If not, it will be the monsters that get them first.

"Found their casus belli?"

"We only have one prisoner telling us he's from a magical empire who wants to 'purify' the land from the non-humans."

The gaijin was more resilient than thought, though it made it more entertaining.

"Any reason why?"

"It's rather simple — human supremacy."

Vague and easy to twist.

"Wait 'til they find out about genetics," his shoulders slumped. "I wonder what they'll do after discovering they came from monkeys and assume they're part banana. I don't think any noble would accept the title of 'Honorary Monkey.'"

Chitose hid a grin. "Will you permit introducing Darwinism?"

"I tend to be a literal Kami-fearing individual after last time. However, the bible was written by Man, wasn't it?"

Chitose scribbled it down on her clipboard, just below the one that says 'release the manifesto.' She's sane enough to consider it. That's one more to their list of methods for a successful destabilization campaign. Who knew they could fill up a good amount of it during afternoon tea?

"May I also suggest empowering radicals?"

"What're you on about?"

"Provided our current knowledge of the empire, it's still happenstance. However, there will come a time when their economy won't sustain their war machine. They'll resort to slave labor, and when an uprising ignites, one which we will lend a hand, the radicals will have the ammunition to keep their imperial courts to push their agenda."

Her Master was going to a military academy, so he'd know that much to understand where it was going.

"A civil war?"

"Exactly," one centered around an idea, not a person. A malevolent cause that will take generations to wipe.

Her Master rubbed his temples. "We're not here to establish a nightmare, Chitose-chan. We can let the nazis do that one instead so we can justify our American Imperialism."

"Of...of course!" she cleared her throat, caught off guard by that -chan suffix.

They are neither angels nor demons but mortals deciding their fate for themselves. If her Master was the face of Light, she will be the face of Darkness — neither right nor wrong, but stray too far on either both, and it will blind them or consume them. Balance is needed.

Someone knocked on the door. Ibuki entered.

"Sir, Major Katayama — Update from the expedition: Kansai Sector is clear from any Class A harmful species. Preliminary aerial recon on the surrounding area is complete. No irregularities."

"Good."

How convenient. Her Master rose, and Chitose followed. But fire burst over her hips, and she squealed.

"Major–?!"

Ibuki rushed with a limp and yelped. An arm passed through Chitose's sight, using the table as support, and Ibuki threw herself to the chair in front of her. Their Master froze, his hard gaze piercing them. Chitose shuddered. She was waiting for it, waiting for disappointment. Why didn't you take the time off? and I'm disappointed. But nothing came, and she held a breath.

His footsteps closed in, and he appeared in front of her, sitting on the edge of the desk. Chitose squirmed, bracing for it.

"Major Katayama, I'll have you on forced leave for the time being," his voice did not rise, but her existence sensed the pressure, compelling her. "Promotion or not, you won't be doing anything good when you're out of action. As for you, Major Aoba, I don't think I need to repeat myself."

Ibuki nodded while Chitose opened her mouth but hesitated. Angering him will be her undoing. Yet, it was so hard not to voice it out. It must be difficult to bear for him. He lifted Ibuki's legs and set her on the other chair. The buildup was far more tense than usual, but she waited; Ibuki waited. One second, two seconds...Time was relative, and the clock said it wasn't that long. But relatively, it was the longest few seconds of her life.

She knew her problematic side — the loose cannon on the weekend Cop show if you will — so he turned to her first.

"You won't become a Lieutenant Colonel."

Her heart didn't sink. It fell to the floor and shattered. Her chest tightened, her spine chilled, and her body convulsed. Chitose looked down, so she won't let him see her face. She wouldn't want him to see her true self, the personality that defined her existence and her actions since her inception. But if everything else mattered more than her desire, it was a no!

It was so like her to think like that. Chitose laughed at herself.

The atmosphere turned dark as if a magician conjured a spell, releasing a stimulant that the brain identifies as dread. But there was no magic or magician. That 'aura' came from her alone. It wasn't natural, yet she sensed a familiarity with it. She welcomed it despite the trouble it would cause before her Master and Ibuki.

It greenhoused his office, and he sat in front of her, grabbed her hand with slight hesitation, and looked her in the eye, sweat pouring down his forehead.

"Chitose," there was concern in his voice — Concern he adjusted for her disrespect.

Failure. Failure. Failure.

"I'm such a failure! I did everything as ordered...behaved properly...tried my best to keep monsters away...gave my body. And yet...And yet...! It wasn't enough!"

A bit of reason in her insanity managed to leak out. Chitose couldn't believe she was shrieking in front of her dear Master.

"I made a mistake."

His words shook Chitose's entire existence. A mistake? Malarkey! Her Master has forbidden the existence of yes-men, but that was a statement that she would never stand. His humility, clear understanding of the sanctity of merit, and love for his soldiers made up for his own inexperience....

"I'm still seventeen, and here I am, trying to satisfy myself."

"Master...?"

"Sir?"

Ibuki turned pale, gasping for air. Chitose didn't mind other women flocking to his side, granted he won't ignore the rest. It was a given they were willing to satisfy his desires. The dreadful atmosphere disappeared. A simple sorry won't cut it.

"I'm your commanding officer, so it's my duty to exercise my power and take care of my troops. I'm your commanding officer, so I mustn't abuse my power and troops."

"No, Master! It was our choice! I...It's my fault! I wanted to stay on your side. I even dragged Ibuki along!"

How could she forget how much pain it would bring him?

"I cannot let your behavior go unpunished."

"I understand...."

He couldn't; It'll set a bad precedent. Then a hand fell on Chitose's shoulder. How firm it was.

"But I also cannot ignore my responsibility," he turned to Ibuki. "For both of you."

She held her womb by instinct. For the first time, more weight piled on her shoulders other than the lives of her soldiers. Meanwhile, her Master was thinking about them this whole time while she was only thinking of her desires.

He could always use Perfect Healing to heal them and 'cleanse' them of all 'foreign' bodies. That's what the people in Hospital Bay hypothesized, but the fact he chose not to risk it showed his greater sense of responsibility. After all, her Master didn't see them as his slaves. They have rights. And he made sure their decision was for their selves and not his.

The two told him their answers, so he respected them and planned ahead. Something other than Chitose's personality started to manifest within her, something other than possessiveness and infatuation.

It's funny. Hilarious, even. If any other woman were to hear it, she'd be called 'simple.' But she stood with her feelings and she knew Ibuki was, too. After all, they fell in love with his kindness.

How strange. Usually, kindness was only basic courtesy.

Only.

***

Day 5. Battleship Aleksander, Objective Maizuru, Kansai Sector

The place was just one of many acreages Kazuya will shape in his own image. With only his thoughts, the coast went white. He shielded his eyes until the flash waned, and his core trembled at the sight. Facilities of port and military alike and roads replaced the sea, erecting Naval Station Norfolk and all its glory before him.

Water rushed through the vacuum the deep-water ports caused. The division-sized LCS personnel went out of the buildings in their sailor uniforms, and just as he envisioned, a cadre of officers waited by the gangway. The one at the center with the most decorations caught his eye. They never made medals and awards yet. The officer was already in his seniors, yet his eyes were still burning with fervor.

Something about him was peculiar, but the rest didn't fangirl. It could just be a coincidence! Yes. But then he remembered the Yamato Captain Kosaku Aruga of the Aleksander. He never put much emphasis on the people managing the base, but the old officer was someone no Japanese could mistake for anybody else.

"Sir, a pleasure," the officer and his associates saluted.

Kazuya returned the gesture. "Am I correct to assume you're the Base Commander?"

"Yes. Admiral Yamamoto Isoroku, at your service."

For a second, Kazuya tensed up. A legend stood in front of him. What's more, he's saluting him! He thanked his abilities for suppressing his inner glee to meet such a man with conduct and discipline.

"A great honor, Admiral. I trust your wisdom will be well-suited somewhere with more authority than a Base Commander of a naval installation."

With his exploits, his journey through the States, and the court drama that foresaw his and Japan's tragedy when the first planes launched from the carriers, Kazuya needed a man like him.

"I will believe in your choice, Sir. Until then, I shall see to it that this base will run at full efficiency. However, it still requires a name. Would you do the honors?"

"Well, I like to keep things simple, so Kyoto — Naval Station Kyoto."

***

Author's note:

That's fucking right. I made the captain of the Yamato a captain of an Iowa.

And yes, this is not a self-insert story where the protagonist is a no-life like all of us. If it was, I wouldn't have dedicated half of this chapter to a heavy topic like teenage pregnancy, considering a majority of my readerbase is from Southeast Asia for some reason.

Tl;dr: This is what horny does to people. And unless you got the doe, don't.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

119K 4.4K 47
A FANFICTION of Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken (That Time I Got Reincarnated as a slime). I do not own any of the characters all credits to the right...
3K 33 1
The common trope in Isekai stories revolves around the summoning or reincarnation of humans, typically males from Japan, into new fantasy worlds. Th...
55.2K 2.2K 30
ငွေဝယ်ကျွန်ခေတ်ကို ပြန်သွားကြည့်ရကြရအောင်။ အဲဒီခေတ်က ကြေးရေတတ် လူတန်းစား တစ်ချို့က တိတ်တိတ်ပုန်းဂေးနေကြတယ် ဆိုကြပါစို့။ သူတို့လို လူတွေ အတွက် ကောင်ငယ...
674 53 16
ဒီဟာလေးကတော့ novel လည်းမဟုတ်သလို os လည်းမဟုတ်ပါဘူးဗျ ficအတိုလေးတွေပါ osထက်တိုပါတယ် gl bl ရေးမှာပါဗျ nmလည်းပါချင်ပါပါမယ်ဗျ