The Sun, The Moon, The Dragon...

By AbraxosKit48

To be a teen in a small town is easier said than done, especially when you don't have the easiest life. Two g... More

Chapter 1: Skycrest
Chapter 2: Friarridge
Chapter 3: Dragon... not dragon?
Chapter 4: Fooooood
Chapter 5: The kill
Chapter 6: Surprise shooters
Chapter 7: Little Miss Dunce
Chapter 8: Drakon Academy
Chapter 9: Who are you really?
Chapter 10: Ambushes
Chapter 11: 200m sprint
Chapter 12: Flags and Ratatouille
Chapter 13: Testing
Chapter 14: Twinsies!
Chapter 15: Powerhungry shifters
Chapter 16: 4 or 5 stories?
Chapter 17: Meeting the Wolves
Chapter 18: The beginning
Chapter 19: The showdown
Chapter 20: The strangest Symbol
Chapter 21: Mysterious people
Chapter 22: Longlostcousins
Chapter 23: Her name is Juniper
Chapter 24: Barbie Britt
Chapter 25: Schedules
Chapter 26: Infatuation
Chapter 27: Fight! Fight! Fight!
Chapter 28: A crack and a Scream... or three
Chapter 29: The mysterious man... again
Chapter 30: Bye Bye Ej
Chapter 31: Prophecy 1; the last prophecy
Chapter 32: Prophecies, bows and gifts
Chapter 33: The...Delightful Date
Chapter 34: Dungeons
Chapter 35: Spilling the tea
Chapter 37: Daphne Drama
Chapter 38a: Skylar
Chapter 38b: MINI CHAPTER
Chapter 39: A day to remember
Chapter 40: Tatts, Pops and Whops.
Chapter 41: Ranked Eggs
Chapter 42: The Other Halves
Chapter 43: Goodbye darkness. Hello Understanding.

Chapter 36: Ditched for a girl

27 3 1
By AbraxosKit48

Lark POV:
The large dragon named Snapper turns and looks at my small group, my cousin stands proudly in front of me as he gestures to his dragon.

"Let's see what you can do, make it impressive Morgen." Ria teases, I'm honestly jealous of their friendship. I mean she's my sister and he's also my cousin, why can't I have that relationship?

"Pffft, Impressive is my middle name." Morgen rolls his eyes at Ria, and he jumps up onto Snapper's back. "Go." The pair seamlessly glide into the sky and begin their performance.

I applaud the pair as they execute an impressive water sculpture and manipulate the texture making it bounce when it hits the floor then turn into a bubble and rise into the air.

When Morgen lands he bows and smirks, "Was that good enough for you Princessca?"

"Whatever." Ria sticks her tongue out making me, Blaze and Zim laugh.

"What'd you think Larky?" Morgen turns to me ignoring Ria's childishness.

I blush red with embarrassment at the nickname but nod and smile softly. "It was impressive."

'Pffft. I do better.' I hear Cinder in my head, we talk sometimes but she isn't very vocal.

"I denote you Ria, Lark is officially my favourite, it was close but it's now official." Morgen announces loudly getting a few odd looks.

"The audacity!" Ria screeches but laughs as the teacher yells next again.

As the group of four we move onto the next person, Ej. We all greet him and chat for a bit before he soars up into the air with Bronco, somehow they create a large thunderstorm with surges of electricity. The whole lesson stops to watch before it ends as abruptly as it started and Ej lands in front of our group.

"Wow." Zim mutters quietly her eyes wide with wonder.

"Nice job man," Blaze claps Ej on the back and goes to stand beside Ria again.

"That was a pretty neat trick dude." I grin at Ej and he winks in return making my heart flutter. No stupid heart don't act all hormonal on me.

"Impressively done Bronco." Ria grins up at the dragon who dips his head accepting the praise before turning to Whisp, it appears that the two dragons are having a silent conversation.

"Ouch, direct hit to the heart Ria. Right here." Ej gestures to his heart and pouts.

"That ego of yours needs to be taken down a notch or two it'll do you good." My twin turns and smirks at Ej.

"Next!" before Ej can reply we move to the final group, I'm pretty sure this is the kid that Ria and Blaze spoke to earlier.

"Yo! Ethan!" Ria waves at him. I notice that he doesn't immediately respond back, but after it registers what she's called he grins at her and Blaze.

"Sup, how you guys been? Also sorry for bashing into you Ria." He smiles honestly at the pair.

"Pretty good, yourself?" Blaze responds and Ria nods along agreeing but doesn't miss the opportunity to stick her tongue out at Ethan. Seriously my Twin is so childish sometimes.

"Yea chill." Ethan grins back before spotting me, he tenses before relaxing and turning away and mounting his dragon.

'I'm A FREAKING WYVERN NOT DRAGON HUMAN.' A feminine voice booms in my head making me wince and take a step back. I look up at the... wyvern... and grimace, that was loud.

'Play nice Galaxus.' Ria's calm voice enters the chat and teases the wyvern.

'Sorry... didn't realise you were a wyvern.' I mumble through the mindlink still unsure about the whole being in someone else's head thing.

'Sorry Ria, but also it's cool little chicka. I was only messing with you.' The feminine voice flows through my mind.

I watch as the wyvern takes off and flies around performing tricks with water, together Galaxus and Ethan create rain clouds and snow, water snakes and bubbles.

"Thank-you to all the students who came today and displayed some of their tricks for the class. I'll see everyone next lesson." The teacher calls out and a majority of the class leave, I watch as Ethan and Galaxus fly away without a goodbye.

The rest of the day flies by and eventually it's home time, I race home and fling open the front door. Last period I had by myself so I didn't have to wait for anyone else.

I flopped on the couch with Cinder and that's when the door burst open revealing a disgruntled Ria.

***********************

RIA POV:

By the time last period came around I was already tired but then I actually had to take a class, as in. be. the. teacher.

So basically I walked into the area where all the Werewolves were collected and stood to the side, well that was the plan but as soon as I walked into the room all the werewolves turned to me. Their gazes penetrating as they gaze at me, still none appear angry or upset over me being of higher authority however.

'Where is Ej?' Jay mutters in our mindlink.

'I don't know but hopefully he hurries.' I grumble back.

I awkwardly waved and a few wolves snickered making me smirk along with them, how hard can it be to lead the lesson. Well I can now answer that, it was hard.

Anyway I walked closer to the group only to find no Elijah, nope just me and the werewolves. At least I could see Zim standing beside a girl from our year level who's name I don't know. In my defence there are a lot of werewolves present, like a lot.

"Hi! Is this everyone almost?" I purse my lips and try to estimate the amount of werewolves currently present. There's probably a couple hundred present right now so i'd say it's close to all the werewolves at the academy right now.

'Ej where the f*ck are you?' I mind-link Ej growling. I wait patiently for a response but get none. F*ck.

'A**-hat' Jay growls angrily.

'He should be here, I mean we were so good this morning.' I sigh exasperated.

"Ok, well this was meant to be my first time taking this class with Elijah however he isn't here so I guess I'll take it by myself then." I shrug and walk around the perimeter of the group. As I walk I notice a particular she-wolf missing, great, just great. Her name's Melbourne, I think... anyway she's been dating or having a sexual relationship with Ej for the past like week or something. The evidence suggests they won't be coming for the rest of the lesson, wait no, they both will be coming. I smirk evilly to myself but continue on with my walk.

"Do we want to do fight practise or a game of capture the flag?" I call out, this breaks the whole group into a fierce debate about which activity.

"OK! Quiet!" I Yell, my voice travelling through the room silencing the gathered crowd. "We will take a vote. Go to the left of the room if you want to fight and go to the right if you want capture the flag." I gesture to my left and right to indicate where I wish for them to stand. "Go!"

The room erupts into a flurry of movement as everyone tries to decide where to stand, I watch as Zim and Callum both go to the capture the flag side. It takes about a minute for the group to seperate, an obvious winner is chosen with about 80% of the werewolves having selected it.

"We will be playing capture the flag. Apologies if that was not what you wanted but it was majority rules. Ok now for the rules, the way I play may be different to everyone else so no complaining." I glare at the crowd and no-one makes a sound. "Two teams, it will be an even split. You have a 2 balls at either end that need protecting, if you cross the centre line into the other teams side you can be tagged. If you're tagged go to the opposing jail, to be freed you must wait for a teammate to tag you out which you get a free walk to you home side together, therefore only one person can be saved at a time. If you manage to capture the ball then you must get it safely to your side without being tagged, you may throw the ball but if it touches the ground it is out and goes back to its end goal. Any questions?" My voice carries around the room and everyone nods along with the rules.

"I have one!" A guys voice calls from the middle of the group.

"Ask away." I becon the guy to continue.

"Where's Alpha Prince Elijah?" The guy accuses me like it's my fault.

"I'm not sure, he may come later he may not. For now we will play capture the flag. Any other questions about the game?" I ask, irritated the guy accused me of something i have no control over.

"Yes!" A buff girl in the back asks. I nod for her to continue, "Can we shift?"

"Yes but don't bite anyone and no claws, I don't want paperwork." I scowl at the thought of paperwork. "Ok is that all the questions?" I wait patiently for any questions but none come.

"Please go to the werewolf field." Although speaking at a normal volume the whole crowd hears and begins making their way there.

"You handled that well." Callum appears beside me making me jump, "Lots of people would lose it at that because he accused you."

"Nah, I get it. Their Alpha prince isn't here but some random she-wolf who apparently is highly powerful is. I have my guesses where he is." I grumble as I walk to the field.

"You did well for your first time commanding this many wolves." Zim bumps my shoulder gently and smiles.

"Thanks." I gently squeeze her shoulder as we walk.

"I remember Ej's first time commanding the wolves, there was less then this at the time but they barely listened to him, he ended up using his alpha aura. You didn't need to do that so that's good." Callum grins at the memory. "I can guess what he's doing." His face screws up in disgust but he keeps walking.

I referee the game but it plays pretty smoothly, at one point I had to stop a brawl between two guys over a tag or something but other then that it was peaceful. Whisp stood guard beside me the whole time and Titan joined in playing for a while, a few of the pack members fell in love with him too so trying to get him to come with me at the end was a task.

"Thank-you everyone for a good first time leading you by myself, I'll attempt to improve each time but yeah, mainly just thanks and I'll see everyone later." I wave at the mass who all smile and wave back, I watch in delight as the group leave. Some in groups while others on there own or in wolf form.

"I'm here! I made it!" I look up at the familiar voice, beside me Callum growls and Zim just shakes her head condescendingly.

"I know right! Making it 10 minutes AFTER the end of the lesson is such an achievement possibly even a new record." I clap mockingly and drink a swig of water from my drink bottle.

"What? I'm not late." Ej growls at me, and I mean actually growls.

"I'm so scared." I mock, "Grow up. Pack before smack dude." I grimace and stand up.

"How dare you speak back to your Alpha!"

"You're not my Alpha yet, I'm the most powerful female at this current time apart from your mother and just saying but ditching the pack class for a girl is not good Alpha behaviour." I snarl back, I know my eyes flash silver from anger, as he actually takes a step back.

Grabbing my stuff I walk past him and purposely whack into his side. Both Zim and Callum follow me leaving a seething Ej behind.

'Good gods, he's an imbecile.' Jay grunts annoyed.

I rush home with Titan and Whisp, Zim and Callum left me by myself as I raced home. Walking in the door I find Lark splayed out on the couch, Cinder comes bounding up so I give her some pats before she goes off to fool around with Whisp and probably get into trouble. Probably stealing socks. They both like socks. Don't come for me.

"What's wrong?" Lark sits up and gives me a 'I know somethings wrong, I'm your twin don't lie to me' face.

"Elijah that's what. Today was my first day to run the werewolf class by myself without the King and he was meant to be there, he didn't turn up until 10 minutes after the lesson ended and growled at me. He's a f*cking moron." I grumble and flop onto the couch beside Lark.

"That's his problem not yours." Lark pats my shoulder and closes her eyes.

"Why are you here? Did the vampire thing finish already?"

"What? Oh my gods, I've gotta go!" Lark shoots up and out the door as she uses her vampire speed and runs to where she was meant to be like 10 minutes ago.

Cinder's head pokes up from where she was playing with Whisp and looks out the door, "Sorry Cindy, looks like your staying here." I smile at the dragon who appears to just shrug, I watch as both Whisp and Cinder disappear upstairs while I recline on the couch.

***********

The night passes fairly quickly until I hear a crash from upstairs. Most of the roomates are home apart from Lucas, Tristan and Lark who were at the Vampire meeting still. However the sound came from Lucas' room, another crash sounds and this time from Tristan's room. I shove the door to Lucas' room open and find... absolutely nothing. Like the room is fully empty, there isn't a single item of Lucas' to be seen.

I rush down the stairs and into Tristan's room, I bash the door open and find the same fate. Nothing, Zero, Zippo, Zilch. No clothes, no books, no weapons, nothing.

Where is all their stuff.

Exiting the room I slam into Blaze.

"What was the loud bang?" He glances over my shoulder into the now empty room. "Why is there nothing in there?"

"I'm not sure, I heard a bang and came to investigate. When I arrived nothing was in there, like no personal belongings. It's the same in Lucas' room." I know my voice sounds frantic but what the hell is happening?

The front door bangs open but there are no growls so I know it isn't a threat but still with the odd events that just occured I race downstairs. Lark's face is pale white and her usually bouncy red hair is flat.

"Lark? What happened?" I walk over to my twin and wrap her in a tight hug, she lays her head on my shoulder and sighs.

"I'm stronger than Lucas. He's no longer the next head vampire. It's to be decided still about what will happen but I'm most likely the next head vampire Ria..." Lark's voice is full of shock.

"Congrats! But I'm sorry?" I turn to look at Blaze and give him a look of help. I don't know what to say to that revelation.

"Yeah, I'm going to bed." She mumbles and traipses upstairs to bed.

"Well, there's that." I shrug and walk up the stairs.

"That there is." Blaze agrees and follows me up the stairs.

"I'll see you tomorrow. Don't forget our families are coming!" I giggle slightly and rush up the remaining stairs for my room.

***************

The next morning I wake up before my alarm, getting up I turn my alarm off, my stomach swimming with butterflies.

I get to see everyone today! Racing into my bathroom I shower absentmindedly, the soap trailing down my body as I rinse it off. Hopping out I wrap myself in a fluffy white towel and walk into my walk in closet. I grab my leather jacket, white skinny jeans and black halter necked cropped top. Pulling the ensemble on I grab my black hightop converse and race down the stairs leaving Titan and Whisp asleep on my bed. I probably need to get Whisp to sleep in her nesting room but oh well.

Moving into the kitchen I find most of our roommates their, actually no. Half of my roommates are there.

"Heyo!" I smile and grab the frying pan, "Has everyone eaten?"

"Nope, Blaze didn't want to cook for all of us." Zim pouts making the rest of us laugh.

"Where's Ej, Callum, Kyle and Clay?" Blaze asks looking around.

I guess we aren't talking about Lucas and Tristan. "They had to go earlier to welcome their parents."

"RIAAAA Can you cook nowwww." Lark whines from where she's perched on the table.

I just grunt and move around the kitchen whipping up bacon and egg rolls for each of us.

'I'm still mad at Ej.' Jay grumbles to me and I just sigh, he was in the wrong but would never admit it.

"Voila." I place their plates in front of each of them and settle down with my own plate. "What time is everyone coming?"

"8? I think we are meeting them at the academy." Blaze says through a mouthful of food. All three of us girls scowl at him but he shrugs and continues eating.

"I'll be back, someone do the dishes." I demand and race upstairs. I hear footsteps behind me and know I'm being trailed by my twin.

"What's wrong? You've been quiet all morning." I ask slowly my pace for her to catch up. She goes to protest but I give her a 'don't lie to me face.'

"Hmph. Fine," She keeps walking but sighs, "my adoptive mother passed away and my adoptive father well lets just say I won't be seeing him for a long long time." She sighs defeated.

"Do you want to talk about it?" I smile reassuringly at her.

"Not really but you deserve to know." She mumbles quietly. "When my mum passed away Abe became abusive physically. I used to try to be out all day as long as I could, I was terrified to go home. He had moved my room into the attic away from him and therefore the world." She exhales before continuing, "Zim's mum found out I was being abused and stepped in, he stopped physically abusing me but instead mentally and verbally did. With no evidence nothing could be done. When the day of the 'glowing' came, I went and was discovered as a rider he wasn't to happy. As soon as I got home I packed and went to Zim's but on the way out he stopped me, attempting to seduce me. I screamed at him as by that point in my life I was sick of him and everything, the gathered crowd applauded me. When it came time to leave he and some of his lackeys tried to kill me and the other riders, they shot at us, he was detained and I identified him and another bloke while the older two students who conducted the ceremony they recognised the third, apparently he killed his son. Mr Warnimar his name was. They were all taken to jail." She finishes her story and sits on my bed.

"I'm so sorry." I hug her tightly replaying the story in my head. How could someone do that?

"It's not your fault." She whispers, tears falling down her face.

Titan stands up and pads over to us on the bed and licks Lark's cheek, she smiles at him and wipes her tears. "I just thought you deserved to know." She smiles slightly and leaves.

"Titan, she said Mr Warnimar, as in Lyle Warnimar as in Ethan... his father tried to kill him..." More pieces were falling into place but this wasn't the time to figure it out.

Pulling my hair into small braids on one side while leaving the other side out, I left my room. Whisp and Titan chasing me down the stairs. I think whisp needs to start using the entrance to my room upstairs, her wings were clipping the walls now.

"Let's go." I smile at my friends and we head out. We have 15 minutes to get to the school so we took our time, however just as I leave the house and lock the door I receive a mindlink.

I break the barrier that stops people mindlinking me and find Ej.

'What.' I scowl.

'Chill Ria, you and Lark need to get here right now. The royals want to talk to you both.' I feel Ej's presence leave my mind. I clench my teeth but turn to Lark nonetheless.

"We dear sister, need to get to the academy hall ASAP. The Royals want to talk to us." I grimace and Lark rolls her eyes.

"Blaze you need to ride on my back, we need to get there now." I turn to my Isalor and grin.

I shift right there, my bones crack and reform, fur spouts from my skin and where I stood on two legs I now stand on four.

He climbs on without hesitation and the four of us run, Titan, Whisp and Cinder bound along beside us. After less than two minutes we reach the doors to the academy hall.

I shift back and stretch, I haven't run that fast in ages.

Once Zim had shifted back I push the doors open, they swing in revealing the two royal families. The all turn and watch as the four of us enter with Titan and Whisp on either side of me and Cinder beside Lark.

I dip into a curtsy as I stop in front of them, Lark and Zim follow while Blaze bows low.

********

Hey! Brax here! Comment what you think the royals want with Lark and Ria :P
I hope everyone's enjoying the story so far, sorry about the somewhat messy schedule too I just got on break after hectic two weeks of SACs and stuff.
- Brax

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Darkest Wolf By Aconite

General Fiction

26.2K 1.1K 34
"I need you." "And I need a drink." "I don't think you understand," I put my hand on the middle of his back, letting all the darkest emotions- fear...
5K 110 14
*Book 3 of the Born To Burn Series* ONLY CHAPTER 1-10 ARE OPEN WE ARE OFFICIALLY ON AMAZOM KINDLE! ❤️ PLZ CONTINUE TO SUPPORT ME THERE. I ❤️EACH AND...
105K 1.3K 12
Only the first 10 chapters are open.. NOW ON AMAZON! PLEASE BE SURE TO CHECK IT OUT AND SHOW ME SOME LOVE! COULDN'T HAVE DONE IT WITHOUT EACH AND EVE...
14.9K 582 34
I am 16 years old and finally will have a life out the home I have know for so long. I will be going to a school. The leaders of our city will be pic...