Iris and the List

By lanely_

In which Iris confronts the eternal question: who am I? featured on April 12th 2018 Cover by: @fallingsforyou More

Synopsis + Cast
Iris and The Beginning
Iris and The Roof
Iris and The List
Iris and 80's movies
Iris and a ghost hunt
Iris and Drops of Jupiter
Iris and The Airport
Iris and The Reveal
Iris and Grief
Iris and Paris
Iris and Ginger
Iris and The Date
Iris and The Return
Iris and The Dinner
Iris and Maine
Iris and The Cliff
Iris and Facing Your Fears
Iris and The Last Fight
Iris and Family Drama
Iris and Prom
Teaser- no longer relavent
Iris and The Perfect Day
Iris and The Ending
Epilouge
Au Revoir!
Good News!
TSOU
10k Celebration one-shot
Secrets of: Rory Morgan
Secrets of: Beatrice Rhodes
Secrets of: Colton Montgomery
Secrets of: Ginger Lexington
Secrets of: Bradley Sullivan
Secrets of: Iris Fitzgerald

Iris and Getting Lost

1.1K 77 12
By lanely_

We had been walking around for ages. A few hours I would guess, to be more exact. I wasn't sure if we were lost or not. I didn't know where we were, but maybe Bee or Ginger did. They were walking ahead of me silently, and I just followed. Should I ask where we were? My phone said it was 2:30. We had been gone for a few hours. My guess was right. We were supposed to meet my Mom at the hotel restaurant at 3:00.

I quickened my pace to catch up with them. "Do either of you know where we are? We're supposed to meet my Mom back at the hotel in half an hour."

Ginger said nothing, but kept walking. Bee looked at me. "I don't know where we are. I don't really know how to get back to the hotel either." She admitted.

Ginger had to not know where she was going either. God this was stupid. We should have brought a map. She looked like she knew where she was going though. Her head was up, and she was walking confidently. I had spent the last three years of high school following her lead, what was another hour?

Finally we reached a cafe. Ginger strode purposefully in through the doors. It was kind of dingy inside. There was a lot of dust, and some seedy looking people were sitting around. A kind of cute guy who looked our age was manning the counter.

Ginger nudged Bee. "Go order us some coffee."

Bee walked up to the counter and ordered us something in French. Ginger led me to a table in the back, which had crumbs all over it. Gross. Naturally we were in the dingiest cafe in Paris. We couldn't have stumbled upon a cute one. Bee returned with three mugs. I sipped mine. It wasn't too bad. Ginger took one sip of hers and then got back up.

"What's she doing?" Bee asked.

I shrugged even though I knew. She was probably going to flirt with the counter dude. Like always.

As it turned out I was right. She was laughing and had her hand on his arm three minutes later. He disappeared a minute later and returned with a phone, which he handed to Ginger. I left Bee at the table and walked over to the counter to see what she was doing.

"Hello? Rory? It's Ginger. I know you're mad, but please don't hang up. We're lost, and we're at some cafe. We need you and the boys to come and rescue us. Where are we? The Alpha Cafe. Don't tell Mrs. Fitzgerald. She'll freak." Ginger hung up. She handed the phone back to the guy. "Thanks."

He nodded and winked. "Anytime Babe."

Gross. What a creep. I tugged Ginger's arm to get her to come with me.

"You should stay up here and chat with me. You can have a pastry, on the house." He said.

Come on Ginger. A free pastry is so not worth it. But nope. My best friend was an idiot. She sat down at the stool. "Can my friends have a free pastry too?" She asked, batting her eyelashes.

He nodded and went into the back. Bee joined us.

"What are you doing?" I demanded.

Ginger smirked. "Getting us free pastries and a phone to use so we can get out of here."

I rolled my eyes at her. "Don't roll your eyes at me. I'm getting us out of here and back to the hotel before your Mom freaks." She snapped.

Ginger was so annoying sometimes. This was her fault. If she had brought a map or something, we wouldn't be sitting in a dirty cafe with a creep serving us. Plus, we wouldn't be playing damsels in distress for the guys to come save us.

"Whatever." I answered.

"Whatever." She said, mimicking how she thought I talked. Apparently I talked like a high-pitched valley girl.

I scowled and stared at the stupid pastry the guy had brought out. I didn't know much about pastries, but it looked gross. I poked it with a nearby straw to pass the time.

The guy was still talking to Ginger. When was Rory getting here? It had been forever since Ginger called.

Finally after what felt like an eternity, but was probably actually only ten minutes, Rory walked in. Bradley and Colton were behind him.

Ginger turned around quickly. Her face lit up. "Rory!" She said enthusiastically.

He looked confused. I was also confused. What was she doing?

"Ginger." He echoed hesitantly.

She hopped off the stool and grabbed his hand. She pulled him over to the counter. "This is my boyfriend Rory. Rory, this is the guy who let me use his phone. Wasn't that nice?" She asked, looking up at Rory with a look of pure adoration in her eyes that couldn't be totally fake.

"Um, yeah that was very nice. Thanks for helping my girlfriend." Rory said, shaking the guy's hand. The guy scowled at him.

Ginger put Rory's arm around her waist and leaned her head on his shoulder. "But you really saved the day Rory. My knight in shining armor."

Rory blushed. Bradley started laughing uncontrollably, which caused the guy to look at him suspiciously. I was at a loss for words. Was Ginger confessing her feelings by doing this? Or was it just another game?

"Right. Well on that note, we should get going." Colton said.

Ginger and Rory walked out together. Bee shook her head at Bradley, who was still laughing, and they walked out together.

"What was with that?" Colton asked.

I shrugged. "I don't know. She's probably just screwing with him."

"That's mean." Colton observed.

"Well that's Ginger. She likes having a loyal lover who she can go back to if all of the other guys in the world die."

"You're being a little harsh on your best friend. I would never say those things about Bradley." Colton said.

Oh, so now I was mean for speaking the truth? Fine. Being nice is overrated.

"I'm just in a bad mood. Jet lag." I said.

Even if I didn't mind telling the truth, I didn't want Colton to think I was mean.

"Me too. I'm going to nap when we get back to the hotel."

Rory and Ginger were sitting in a cab on opposite sides, both staring intently out their windows. They had probably fought. Same old same old. The rest of us climbed into the car and we sped away from the cafe.

When we got back to the hotel, we met my Mom and Katherine in the hotel restaurant. Mom rambled on about our itinerary, and Katherine chattered about this club to Ginger. Ginger didn't seem to be listening though, she was just staring at her food. I wasn't talking either, and was pretty much just staring at my food. Whenever I looked up, I saw either Colton looking at me, or Ginger looking at Rory.

I finished eating my food, and excused myself. I decided to take the stairs to get some exercise. Then I heard Colton behind me.

"Hi." I said.

"Hey, sorry to bother you. I was just wondering if we could schedule that Eiffel Tower thing? You know, if you're still up for it." He said.

What would I wear? What do you wear to the Eiffel Tower on a date? Or a friend date, if that's what it was. A dress? Maybe my navy blue one. Or maybe a dress was too formal. What would he wear? Maybe I could ask Rory to find out so I could take my cue from that.

"We can go whenever." I answered.

"According to your Mom, we're busy almost everyday for the rest of our trip. I think she said we had a free day Wednesday though."

Wednesday was a whole five days away. I didn't think I wanted to wait that long.

"Maybe we could sneak off?" I suggested.

"I can casually ask more about the schedule and tell you what times we could sneak off." He said.

"Okay." I smiled at him. He smiled back, and we stood there smiling at each other for a minute. It probably looked dumb, but it was nice. Then Bradley ruined the moment.

"Coooollllton." He yelled.

Colton rolled his eyes and walked down the stairs towards where Bradley was. I hurried up the stairs towards my room. It seemed like a nice time for a nap.

I woke up a while later. I sat up and stretched, and looked around at the room. Ginger was lying on her bed staring up at the ceiling. Was she really still upset about whatever happened with her and Rory? That was like a whole three hours ago. Bee was sitting on the couch with her calculus textbook. Her parents insisted on her getting perfect grades while taking advanced classes. I was glad my Mom settled for advanced classes and good grades.

"What time is it?" I asked.

"Eight." Bee said without looking up from her work.

It looked like I had slept longer then I had thought. I got off my bed and walked over to Bee. I whispered my idea into her ear. She nodded, closed her textbook, and walked over to Ginger.

"Ginger." I said.

"What?"

"What are your actual feelings for Rory?" I asked.

AN: this chapters kind of short. I guess it's filler. The next one should be longer. The picture at the top is a collage that reminds me of Rory. I don't own the photos. What did you think? Comment or vote please? Thanks for reading :) The next chapter will be up Friday or Saturday.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

45.5K 886 21
I made the cover! PARTS GET BETTER AS I CONTINUE!! Every part takes me 3-7 days or more (mainly because i wanna write ones with 1000+ words, or i mig...
293K 12.3K 58
In One Moment Her World Blurred Before Her And Now She Doesn't Remember A Thing ** Beautiful Cover by: @sparklingawintage Started March 2014 Complete...
21.1K 1K 34
Someone fell in love with their best friend. Will he have the courage to tell him or will they never be able to be together? Let fate decide New cov...
273 4 9
Reddie one shots 2.0 because version one was removed(rip v1 2020-2024 you will be missed), same stories but only fluff <3 Cover photo art credit: ia...