His little light

By vlm3002

This is the story is how a sweet small broken innocent three year old girl steals the heart of a mean ruthles... More

charcters
Covers
before you read!
prologue
1
3
4
5
6
7
8

2

28.9K 761 55
By vlm3002

November 13th

The jet was silent.

It had been five hours since they took off from the ground. Luca had fallen asleep not even twenty minutes after being thousands of miles away from the ground. He was always an easy sleeper.

Marco was still awake, he was looking over files and other things he needed to get ready, answering emails to be sent once they landed, and having everything sent for their arrival. They only had about an hour and a half before they landed.

Lorenzo was still in his seat, he honestly hadn't moved from the single position when he originally sat down. Lillian was still in his arms, curled on his chest soundly sleeping, While Lorenzo simply sat there, his eyes closed as he enjoyed the silence.

He was unsure as to what to do when they landed. He didn't even know how the tiny little girl in his arms was going to react waking up in a stranger's house.

It had been a whole year since he had been home and he wasn't even sure how his mother was going to react to him coming home, let alone with a little girl.

Everything was so confusing to him. For once in his life he had no direction as to what was going to happen.

At the thought of Lillian, he opened his eyes and looked down.

She was still sleeping silently, one thing about the jet being silent was he could hear her breathing. There was a slight wheeze to her breathing, as if she was having slightly a bit of trouble, which told Lorenzo she could have broken or bruised ribs, maybe even a couple.

As he looked down at her, anger began to fill him again. Her arms and legs were covered with bruises, and dried blood was down her leg from the cut from the broken bottle that was thrown at her earlier. He wasn't even sure if he wanted to see how bad it was underneath the small shirt that looked like it had never been washed.

Behind the black and blue bruising, he could see some of the many scars from before which made him worry about how much she had been through.

"Marco." Lorenzo said, gaining the attention of the only other awake person besides the pilot.

Marco looked up from his computer, looking directly at Lorenzo who was across from him.

"Would you hand me a towel?" He asked in a whisper looking towards the dried blood on her leg.

Marco followed his gaze and nodded, getting up he grabbed the towel as well as a bottle of water, opening it and pouring a little bit on it, before handing it to Lorenzo.

He grabbed in and nodded in thanks, before slowly but carefully wiping her leg clean, being cautious of the cut, which isn't too deep to need stitches.

"Poor girl." Lorenzo heard Marco mumble causing him to look up to see him watching carefully.

"I know." Lorenzo answered, putting down the towel on the table before him and repositioning her so the both of them could be more comfortable which earned a small whimper from the sleeping child.

He placed her head on his shoulder, which she then moved into the crook of his neck, seeking warmth. Lorenzo quickly moved to rub the circle down her back in a soothing manner, calming and making her fall down into a deeper sleep.

It was silent for a few minutes before Marco decided to speak.

"I have someone getting her file for when we arrive." He told as he watched Lorenzo comfort the tiny girl

"Have a doctor at the one when we arrive. I want her to get immediately checked as soon as we arrive." Lorenzo ordered, earning a nod as Marco immediately picked his phone as he got everything in order.

The silence remained for the rest of the flight, Lorenzo holding Lillian tighter as they landed, Marco had to wake up Luca, seeing as he slept through the bumpy landing and everything.

Luca and  Marco were the first to get off, making sure the car was pulled up and ready for Lorenzo.

Once it was, Lorenzo got up, making sure Lillian was right up in his arms, so she wouldn't fall or anything, not that he would ever let that happen.

As he walked out and down the stairs, the wind immediately hit them, making Lillian shiver in his arms, and move impossibly close to her Which Lorenzo immediately noticed, moving his jack to cover as much as he could as he walked to get in the warm car.

It was nighttime there, making the temperature drop meaning it was surprisingly cold. 

Lillian immediately settled in the car from the warmth and safety she felt, which made Lorenzo sigh in content before nodding for the go ahead for them to leave.

After another thirty-five minute car ride, The large black SUV pulled up to a Black Large gate that had the initial 'R' on it. The gate was connected to a Brick wall that covered the entire property, making sure it was all safe.

Even though it was unclimbable, Lorenzo still had forty to fifty men  all night walking and checking all night to keep it secure. Not just for his safety, but now for LIllian.

It was another fifteen minute drive before the large mansion was even in view, it being settled far away from the main highway for more safety measures.

As the car came to a stop, Lorenzo could see a large group of his men waiting for him at the steps that led to the front door. He sighed before opening the door, and gathering Lillian easier in his arms.

As he walked towards the front of the house, he stopped in front of them, seeing the group of men all looking at the sleeping girl in his arms.

Some had small looks of adoration, some of their faces were blank, but they were for the most part, they had confusion written all over their faces.

Lorenzo cleared his throat, catching most of the attention of the men.

"This is Lillian, she will be here for a while, you will all be debriefed about the situation tomorrow by Luca or Marco. She's to be protected and kept safe at all times, which means I'm upping some security.'' Lorenzo said as he watched them and their reactions. He heard a small amount of groans from some of the men in the back, at the sound of new jobs, which Lorenzo did not like one bit.

"If you have a problem with that, you can come directly to me, now go back to the warehouse, you'll be assigned new jobs tomorrow. " And with that Lorenzo walked up the stairs and into the house, Marco and Luca trailing behind.

"Give me a moment." Lorenzo said not looking back as he climbed the set of stairs to the third floor, his floor.

The house had a total of three floors, the first one having all the essential things a home has, a large kitchen, that connected to a larger dining room for when they had meetings or any type of dinner. The floor also held  a living room, as well as a couple of bathrooms and a few guest rooms. 

The second floor was where Lorenzo's home office was, as well as a large meeting room that could hold about  half of his men at a time, as well as a library, a gym and a couple more guest rooms, which were honestly empty.

The third floor was Lorenzo's, it was off limits to anyone other than Lorenzo himself and the cleaners that come and clean the whole mansion every week, or anyone Lorenzo allowed to.  It held a large master bedroom that had a walk in closet the size of the other regular guest rooms downstairs. As well as an attached bathroom the same size. There were also a few other rooms that were the same size as Lorenzo's, and the rest of the rooms were empty as well.

Lorenzo went straight for his bedroom, opening the door and going directly towards his bed. He was careful to move the blanket back as well as keep her upright in his arms. But once the duvet was pulled back, Lorenzo laid her down, but at the feeling of being moved Lillian moved her arms around his neck and tightened her hold.

"Shh, I'm gonna put you down baby" he whispered as he rubbed her back before attempting once more to put her down once she heard he labored breathing slow down.

This time, Lorenzo successfully laid her down in the middle of the bed, after unwrapping her arms around from his neck, only getting a small whimper in return from Lillian, the warmth and safe feeling having disappeared.

Lorenzo quickly moved a pillow on each side of her, moving them to keep her from falling off the bed.

Lorenzo stood to his height pulling the cover back over he body, a small sigh escaped her lips from the warmth being provided. Which made Lorenzo relax a little. That was until a knock interrupted his thoughts making him turn around to reveal Luca and Marco as well as another man.

"He arrived not two minutes after you left, figured he would need to see her before she woke up. I gave him her medical files which I had someone get before we got on the jet." Marco informed Lorenzo.

"Thank you  Garrett for coming." Lorenzo said as he shook his hand, him having known each other since he was a child.

He was almost six foot, and he had red hair, he was almost fifty years old, but looked no older than forty years old. He had been working for Lorenzo's father ever since he was eighteen, eventually getting a doctors degree, to which he became the main maifa's doctor. Which is why Lorenzo trusted him so much.

"Of course Lorenzo, now who am I here for." Garret asked, walking towards the sleeping Lillian, Marco and Luca having already left back downstairs.

"Lillian, we found her being beaten by her father." Lorenzo replied, looking at llian.

Garret nodded, and then got to work checking her blood pressure and heartbeat, before doing a full body exam. Lorenzo moved to sit off to the side, but not far away for he could watch everything that was happening.

He made sure to watch garrets every single move. He may trust the man, but he couldn't help it, the protective instinct had taken over.

It took a solid forty five minutes before Garrett had finished looking over Lillian and accessing and taking care of her injury's.
He quickly closed up his medical bag that he had carried with him and moved his head towards the door, asking without talking for Lorenzo to talk with him outside.

Lorenzo nodded, moving towards Lillian before pulling the covers and tucking the girl in, before walking out the door.

Once outside the two men turned to each other. "She has a couple of bruised ribs, lucky none where broken. She is extremely underweight for a child her age, she has deep bruising on her stomach, arms and legs, but no internal bleeding. She's smart for her age, she protected her head with her arms, protecting her from any brain damage that could have caused but her arms suffered for it, make sure she doesn't lift anything too heavy." he said, taking a break for Lorenzo to take in the knowledge.

"Follow a meal plan to get her weight up, but don't force her with food, but encourage her to eat more. She's all good for now, I'll come back in a few weeks. She needs a couple of shots, but I'll let her settle before I do." Lorenzo nodded at all the information he needed and wanted to know exactly how to take care of her injuries and keep her from hurting herself anymore.

"Thankyou Garrett." Lorenzo thanked as he led him down the stairs to walk him out.

"Don't thank me, just take care of the little girl. World knows what she's been through." Garret answered, the last part he mumbled but Lorenzo heard.

As the two men reached the bottom they said goodbye once more before Garret was off, and Lorenzo made his way onwards Luca and Marco who were set in the kitchen, Luca eating as always and Marco on his phone.

"What did Garrett have to say?" Marco asked, noticing Lorenzo's presence.

Lorenzo informed them of everything that was wrong with Lillian, both men listening wanting to know. Even though they wouldn't admit it, they both were worried about the bruised little girl upstairs.

"So what's the plan?" Luca asked once more.

It took a while for Lorenzo to answer, but that would be usual, seeing as it all happened so fast.

"I want someone to draw up adoption papers, but make sure it's legit, I need this to be legit." He finally answered the best way he could.

Marco and Luca took a minute to understand what he was saying. Marco was the first to get it, he nodded and immediately started typing away to get everything ordered.

"So you're going to take her in? As your daughter?" Luca asked.

Lorenzo nodded annoyedly, "Yes I am." He answered briefly.

Luca nodded still not fully understanding what was happening but he at least got the gist of what was happening.

"You guys go home, I know your mom would love to see you, Luca.  just make sure she doesn't hear about Lillian, because if she does she'll immediately tell my mother, and I'm honestly not ready for that." Lorenzo warned before they all said their goodbyes.

Lorenzo stood in the kitchen for a moment, after hearing the door close he took in a deep sigh, rubbing his hands across his face before he went to go to his office to do some work, But before he could even get on the same floor, he heard a thump coming from his floor.

His mind immediately went to Lillian, which made his heart jump with worry, he immediately raced up the remaining floor before he ran directly towards his bedroom before throwing the door open.

He couldn't see her anywhere, the bed had the covers all messy where it seemed like she had struggled slightly. He immediately went searching round the room, checking the closet and the bathroom before he came back into the bedroom.

And if it wasn't for the matted mop of blonde hair coming from underneath his bed, he wouldn't have ever had thought of looking under there.

Sighing he quickly got on his hands and knees, slowly and carefully looking underneath, not to scare her. As soon as he did, his eyes were immediately met with a green pair, staring at him widely, fear and confusion evident in the green orbs.

Her eyes immediately swelled up and she began to sniffle which broke his heart, he never ever wanted to see a single tear in this little girl's eyes ever again.

"Hey, hey sweetheart, don't cry. it's okay, no need to be scared, princess, I'm not going to hurt you."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9M 48.7K 59
'SHE CAME INTO HIS LIFE, AND BECAME IT' The most powerful and ruthless member of the 𝐝𝐞'𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐥𝐨 family and the top business tycoon of Italy...
122K 3.8K 15
//Highest Ranking: #3 in New-school// #3 in cuteness// #1 in Little girl// Li...
141K 2.9K 45
[COMPLETED] It was a sunny day, the weather was perfect for a nice picnic and having fun. It was a day like that when a tragedy struck in the life of...
854K 21.3K 65
The family's mother seemingly ran away 8 months before the triplets were born. Though their family missed her after searching for a year they gave up...