Then There's You (Liskook ff)

By ooohrange

Despite his popularity, he is not recognized for being bad-tempered. This is Jungkook in all his glory, arrog... More

Author's Note & Dedication
About the Book
(1) Seoul
(2) Party
(3) Beer
(4) Crush
(5) Zero O'Clock
(6) Eye Contact
(7) Warning
(8) Breakdown
(9) Stubborn
(10) Good Work
(11) Stupid
(12) Mostly Useful
(13) Television
(14) Pretty Lie
(15) Notification
(16) Excuses
(17) Triggered
(18) End Of Convo
(19) Magazine
(20) Push A Button
(21) The Bass Player
(22) No Big Deal
(23) The Uninvited
(24) The Shot
(26) Surprised Lunch
(27) Focus On The Goal
(28) Some Competition
(29) Clue To Cue
(30) Knees
(31) Dance Again
(32) Attention
(33) No More Alcohol & Cigarettes
(34) All Night
(35) A Stunner
(36) Lips to Ears

(25) Fire Exit

1K 88 33
By ooohrange

✯✯

LISA's POV

The Dean in my school just called as she was just monitoring our monthly survey. Talking to her on the phone, I reported to her my 4-weekly journal.

"That sums up my report, Dean Anchali." I informed her politely.

The projects that need to be submitted soon were brought up by her just before she ended the call. Few more months and I would have another degree to add to my name. Motivated.

I was about to go back to my laptop when I suddenly received a message. Again, I looked at my phone and opened my inbox.

'Just got a copy of your magazine cover. I'm amazed. Congrats Lalisa.'

Eunwoo texted me. Since our last talk the other day, he didn't miss to leave me a message everyday. I may not be too certain about this but the man was trying to please me through messages despite his busy schedule. I replied to him just before I went back to my working place.

When I returned, I saw everyone was lurking at my laptop screen. Is there something wrong?

"What are you doing with my laptop?" I asked as Jisoo was not letting off my mouse.

"You killed this shot, Lalisa." Everyone immediately agreed with what she said.

"Well, what can I say. Our girl is a bomb." Jhope complimented.

"Congratulations cous!" Bam said, his voice proud.

I merely smiled at them in response because I hadn't seen the picture yet. I stepped up to them to see what photo they were referring to. As soon as I saw the picture, I smiled for myself. I didn't expect that they would pick that shot. (Credits to the rightful owner)

"Way to go, Lalisa." Namjoon said as he patted my shoulder. The support they were giving me was starting to overwhelm me.

"At least it was a good shot." I muttered.

"Good? Hot, you say." When Yoongi said that, that was when I realized Jungkook was also there.

I couldn't explain what his reaction was, as he looked at Yoongi when he spoke then drank from his water bottle. With a serious look, his eyes was fixated on the screen.

"Thank you guys but can I get my laptop now? I have to finish something." I meekly walked over them as I grabbed my laptop and searched for a new place to continue my work.

They let me be as they also went back to their businesses. The whole day, we just focused on the band's sound adjustments and new written songs. We chose not to go out during our lunch break and instead delivered something Italian. And of course, when Taehyung, Jimin and Jin arrived, the supposed-date I had with Taehyung was brought up again. Jungkook was just rolling his eyes the entire time because Jhope didn't stop mocking him for being a third wheel.

I was smiling the whole time as I watched them. I was lucky to become Bam's cousin because I had the chance to meet these wonderful people. When all of sudden, they looked in my direction when my phone started ringing.

"New applicant for boyfriend position?" Jhope teased while the others just chuckled at his words.

"You already moved on from me?" Taehyung butt in as he pretended to be hurt.

"Need to take this call." Still smiling, I excused myself for a while. I went to the nearest fire exit as I took the call.

"Haruto, is everything okay?" I wondered since my brother had called me in the midst of the Seoul day, which wasn't often the case.

"Are you busy?"He didn't answer me so I asked him again.

"Just tell me, what is up?" My smile was starting to disappear. The panic in me elated as I constructed that question.

"Can you keep calm first?" He said on the other line.

"Oh God, Haru, you're making me nervous. What is it you want to say?" I massaged my temple.

When I heard him say that, I felt like I wanted to go home right now. Grab my bag. Get a cab. Book a flight. I couldn't stand still as my worry grew bigger. Just then, my alarm chimed in, telling me that I needed to go back now to finish my paperworks.

"Need to go now. Keep me updated, please."

"I will. Bye."

I'm a private person who prefers to keep my personal matters to myself. So, when I returned inside the studio, I tried my hardest to pretend that everything was still fine and that I hadn't heard any terrible news from my brother.

They were still chatting and laughing so I had to show that I was smiling too. Once in a while, I looked at them then back to my laptop. It was so damn hard to focus, knowing that my mind was flying back to Thailand.

When late afternoon came, each of them was starting to leave the studio. Jisoo and Jin were the first one to set off then the rest followed. Bam asked me before he left but I told him he could go first without having to wait for me because I still need to finish something. Of course, I was lying.

When I noticed that I was all alone now. I let out an exasperated sigh. My lips were starting to tremble as I waited for my brother's call. I walked back to the fire exit, dialling Haru's number. Just then, I got a message from him,

'He's stable now.'

I cried as his text gave me relief. I want to see him but I'm afraid if I get to look at him, that would just make it more difficult for me. I stayed for a while as I comforted myself. Just then someone opened the fire exit which made me startled. Someone cleared his throat.

"Shit." I muttered as I wasn't expecting someone to be still here.

"You good?" Jungkook started up the stairs toward me. What is he still doing here?

"Yep." I stood up as I fixed my damped face.

"No, it's not, don't lie to me. What's going on?" he asked, stopping the step below me. It puts us at approximately the same height.

At a time like this, I wished my brother, Haru, was here with me. Because whenever I feel sad, he knows how to comfort me. But since he wasn't here and I really need one right now, I gave this a serious thought before I told him.

"I need a hug," I said.

"What?" His mouth opened but I kept right on.

"You're my closest friend, right now, Jungkook. With that position does come certain responsibilities." I told him.

JUNGKOOK's POV

"For Pete's sake. Is it not enough that I came back here and checked you out? Do I really have to put up with this too?" Eyes wide open, I gave the ceiling a long questioning look.

The moment that Lisa returned after receiving a call from I don't know who, her mood changed. Something must have happened, I assumed.

"Yes. Apparently you do." She frankly said.

We had been working together for several months now and for someone I'd considered headstrong and loud, I began to notice the strangest things about her.

"Though I do appreciate you coming back here." She looked at me, her eyes were fresh from crying.

"Great. But I don't hug." I informed her.

"Everyone hugs." She countered back.

"Not me, touching isn't my thing." I crossed and uncrossed my arms.

"Unless fcking is involved and we're not doing that." I directly told her as I was trying to scandalize her. She knew that about me by now.

"You've touched me no less than thirteen times in the past months. You're more of a 'toucher' than you know." She said that, instead.

"You just pulled that figure out of your mouth, didn't you?" My eyes widened, then narrowed at her.

"You can name drinks, I can count touches." She replied. Here she goes again, this smartass lady.

"I'm not doing it." I told her with conviction.

"Fine" She let go of the topic and turned her back at me.

I thought this lady was a stubborn one. What the hell just happened to her for obeying me so easily? This wasn't the reaction I was expecting to get from her.

Just before she took one step away from me, I immediately grabbed her elbow and took her body to an embrace.

The last time when I needed comfort, I'd just grabbed hold of her. There'd been no debating, no negotiating. I never asked her permission, I'd just taken what I needed. And what she needed right now was me. The only difference was just that she was asking for my permission first to get a hug from me.

Well then fvck, we were even now.

I caught her with an "oomph," my hands grappling with her waist. Her arms still lay on her side. I might have accidentally broken her nose on my collarbone but no matter. I was now obliged to console her, physically. I was unsure at first but eventually my muscles eased against her as I gave her a tentative hand patted on her back, out of rhythm.

The combined sounds of our breathing echoed in the stairwell.

"Can you tell me now, what's wrong?" I tried to ask her again.

"One of my cats was brought to the vet earlier. Seizure." She opened up.

This scene should now be a joke as I should've pushed away the girl right after I heard the reason. But no, I didn't do that because this is Lisa who I'm talking to. The lady who has a big feline heart. There were no days that she didn't watch her cat clips on her phone. One of the things I noticed about her.

"How is she, now?" I slightly moved her away as my hands settled on her hips.

"He. He's stable now." Oddly, she seemed almost shy, looking down, avoiding my eyes.

"That's a relief." I completely let her go as I straightened my shirt.

"Thanks, Jungkook. I needed that." She finally wore a smile, even if it was a small one.

(A/N: Happy 6k! #LALISAGOAT 👑)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

95.9K 4.1K 54
In people's view life as a globally famous korean idol like BTS and BLACKPINK are pure luck, only timely and successful. They think it's all about da...
32.1K 1.1K 37
"You are just some cheap girl that I used. It's your fault for breaking up with me. You want me to hate you then I will fulfill your wish." Lisa and...
2.4K 152 25
๐Ÿ’—Park Jimin - the Korean sweetheart, Army's chimchim, the Kpop idol who made history in the music industry; is now baffled when life doesn't turned...
288K 8K 53
Two idols had a bitter past but she still has feelings for him. Can he define his feelings in the end? It has been a tough rollercoaster ride for the...