It Was An Accident

Por hopeless_romanticXD

After being cooped up inside for a little too long, Maeve decides to go to a local fair with her best friend... Mais

Intro
1 - Jerk
2 - Stalker
3 - Parents
4 - Barnaby
5 - Vistior
6 - Green
7 - Personal Belongings
8 - Date
9 - Perfect
10 - Beach
11 - Cookie
12 - Walk
13 - Tattoos
14 - Sunshine
15 - Babysitting Duty
16 - Glue
17 - Good
18 - Sleep
19 - Bored
20 - Nervous
21 - Someone Else
22 - Tired
23 - Beautiful
24 - Clingy
25 - In Like-Like
26 - Hurt
27 - Workaholic
28 - True
29 - Badass
30 - Dye
31 - Idiot
32 - Pig
34 - Determined
35 - Pants
36 - Alice
37 - Glowing
38 - Birthday
39 - Rude
40 - Aftermath
41 - Cats
42 - Bedazzled
43 - Aspects
44 - Awkward
45 - Happy Birthday
46 - Epilogue

33 - Grandma

359 15 9
Por hopeless_romanticXD

𖧷𝙼𝚊𝚎𝚟𝚎𖧷

"Leave me alone." Nick demands as I reach up and fix his hair.

"Nick, please. I'm begging. Please, please, please, try to be nice to my grandma today. She's a sweet woman, Nick. She hasn't done anything to you." I ramble a little.

"I know." Nick sighs. "I'll be nice."

"Promise?"

He rolls his eyes at me. "I promise. Now knock on the door." He orders. I let out a breath and knock on the door.

I'm getting deja vu here.

The door opens and Dad smiles at me. "Come in, honey." He says as he steps aside. Dad glances at Nick as he walks in behind me.

Dad hasn't seen Nick since I told him we were dating.

"Maevie?" Grandma calls. Dad leads us to the kitchen. Grandma looks over and smiles at us.

"Hi." I greet, walking over to hug her. "Um..Grandma, this is Nick. My boyfriend." I grab Nick's arm and pull him over. Dad's eyes narrow.

"Hi." Nick greets, awkwardly waving. I nudge him and he gives me a side glare.

Grandma laughs. "Hello, darling." She does a little wave.

It's a little more than a little funny, standing in this small kitchen with Dad, Grandma, and Nick. Grandma is smaller than I am. Apparently, when she was my age, she was the same height as me, but over the years, she's gone from five three, to five foot. And, we've established Nick is much taller than Dad. Nick is like a little out of place here.

"Why don't you all go wait in the living room while I get dinner finished?" Grandma suggests. I nod at her and take Nick's hand, leading him to the living room. Grandma stops us before we can make it and gestures for Nick to follow her. Nick looks unsure, but I nod at him and he follows her.

"Dad.." I begin as I sit next to him. Dad looks over at me. "I have a request."

"Oh? Let's here it." Dad chuckles.

"My request is.." I trial off for a second. "Stop glaring at my boyfriend."

Dad looks less amused.

"Please." I quickly add.

"Fine." Dad bitterly agrees.

Nick comes back with a little smile on his face. I eye him suspiciously and he stands in the doorway. He brings a half eaten chocolate chip cookie to his mouth. I gasp.

Grandma gave him early dessert!

"Hey!" I yell. Nick's smile gets a little bigger as he chews his cookie. I get up from the couch and go over to him, reaching for the stupid cookie.

"No. This is mine." Nick holds it far above his head.

"Why are your arms so freakishly long?!" I groan. This makes Nick laugh. He lowers his hand and hands me the more than half eaten cookie. "There's, like, less than one bite left." I scoff.

"You don't don't want it? Fine." Nick shrugs. He goes to take it from me but I pull it away. Nick smiles a little at me and walks around me to sit on the couch. He sits next to Dad, leaning back like he doesn't have a care in the world.

"My ex-wife hates you." Dad suddenly says.

Hm. Ex-wife.

"And I hate your ex-wife." Nick shrugs. "Look, now we have something in common."

Dad blinks. He starts to laugh. "Way to be an optimist." Nick nods at him and glances over at me, holding his hand out. I take it and he tugs me over to sit on his lap. "Too far." Dad immediately says.

I give a little smile and slide off of Nick's lap to sit in between Nick and Dad. "So..." I begin. "I'm going to go help Grandma." I say as I quickly get off the couch and head off to the kitchen. "Trader." I scowl as I walk into the kitchen.

Grandma laughs and gives me a warm chocolate chip cookie. "Don't worry, hun. I've got plenty." She laughs. I smile and take it from her.

"How can I help here?" I ask, looking around.

"Oh, I'm pretty much done here." Grandma waves me off. "Hey, look what I found." She smiles. She grabs a picture off the counter and hands me it.

It's black and white, a younger woman poses with a man. The younger woman, I recognize her as Grandma, has virtually the same hairstyle as I do. The man—who I think is Grandpa—has Grandma by the waist. They're both laughing.

"He was such a trickster." Grandma shakes her head with a smile. "A little sneaky." She adds. I laugh and stare at the picture.

He passed away when I was young, so I don't remember or know much about him. It's nice when people show me pictures or tell me stories. "What's the story behind this one then?" I ask.

Grandma smiles and holds her hand out. I hand her the picture and she turns it to me, pointing to a spot on the picture. I see she's pointing to her hand, specifically, the ring on her finger. "He'd just proposed." She explains. I smile and glance at her finger, she still wears that ring. "He wanted to do it at a very fancy place that had opened up, but instead, as you can see, he did it at a park that was by our house." She explains.

"Why did he change it?"

"He knew I wouldn't like it."

"Why wouldn't you have liked it?"

"Fancy places aren't for me, Maevie. You know that." Grandma laughs. I nod. "He knew that too. He really liked those places." She softly smiles. "Anyway," She hums. "I didn't realize you were dating a giant." She raises an eyebrow.

I start to laugh. "Yeah..he's a little tall."

"A little?" Grandma smiles and shakes her head. "I'll set the table, you go get those two." She instructs. I nod and leave the kitchen, walking into the living room.

Dad and Nick are glaring into each other's souls when I walk into the room.

Well, they haven't killed each other yet. That's a good sign, right?

"Come on, guys. Dinner is ready." I announce. Dad and Nick scowl at each other as they both get up. I roll my eyes at them and grab Nick's arm, tugging him over to the dinning room.

Grandma sits down and looks at me. I sit Nick down then sit next to her. "How's my grandbaby?" Grandma asks.

Nick blinks. "Grand what?"

"Malikai," I glance at Nick and he seems to relax. "is great. Henry is with him." I smile.

"Henry?" Dad looks confused.

"Yeah! He's Nick's..." I trail off. "friend." I eventually decide. Nick shrugs and starts to eat.

"Maeve said you don't like to be called Nicolas. Why?" Grandma questions. I bet she had that question on her mind for a while.

"I just got tired of it over the years." Nick mumbles. I give Grandma a little smile and an awkward shrug.

"Did you give yourself the nickname or did someone give it to you?"

"Uh..I don't know, honestly. I don't remember."

"Well, do you like it?"

"Yeah?"

"You have siblings, right?"

Nick nods and glances at me. "Yeah. Two."

"Oh, that's lovely. I have four." Grandma smiles to herself. "I'm the only girl and the youngest."

"Hm," Nick hums. "That must have been fun for the boys in high school." He comments. Grandma laughs and a little smile grows on Nick's face.

"Oh, yes it was." Grandma giggles. "Sophomore year I started dating the new boy in school. A month later, I found him kissing a girl in my math class in the janitors closet." Grandma begins. Nick scoffs which makes me smile a little. "I went home early that day. It only took a few minutes for my brothers to realize something had happened." Grandma stops the story there. "How much older are you than your siblings?" She goes on with her questions.

"I'm three years older than my sister and six years older than my brother."

"Would you do things like that for them? Protect them that way?" She asks, referring to her brother's...ways of avenging her. That's really the only way to put it.

Nick hesitates before nodding.

"Yeah. You seem like the confrontal type." Dad chimes in. Nick glares at him.

"Have you ever had to?" Grandma tilts her head slightly.

"Yeah." Nick mutters. He doesn't seem very proud of it. Grandma looks curious, I can tell she wants to ask about it. Nick seems to as well because he continues. "My sister got broken up when she was in eighth grade. Middle school. That wasn't a big deal, the breaking up part. People break up, sometimes for a good reason."

Nick glances at Dad and Dad pauses before looks down at his plate, continuing to eat.

"But it was the way he did it. In front of everybody in her grade. Absolutely humiliated her." Nick shakes his head. "My friends and I showed up at the school the next day." Nick ends his story there.

"Aww, that kid would have been like fourteen and you guys would have been like seventeen." I frown. Nick only nods at that.

"And your brother?" Grandma asks.

Nick sighs. "Well, I was too much older than him to be able to handle things for him. Legally, I mean. He was twelve while I was eighteen so he usually handled it himself." Nick shrugs. "The most I did was show up just to scare the other kid off."

Grandma smiles. "So, I take it you're all close."

Nick hesitates before shrugging. "Kind of."

Grandma frowns, but she doesn't ask which I'm a little grateful for. "Well, Roger has a sister, they're close in age so they're closer by default." She laughs.

"No we're not." Dad scoffs. "Rose called me a loser when she found out I was living here."

"Because you are." Nick snaps. I sigh and rub my temples while they start to argue.

I finish my food and grab my plate and head to the kitchen, grabbing Nick's as I do so. I can hear Dad and Nick still arguing like kids as I rinse my plate. When I'm finished, I grab a couple of cookies and head back to the dining room. "Shut up." I demand, handing Nick a cookie.

"Oh," Is all Nick says as he takes the cookie from me. I hand Dad one too and they both shut up.

"Simple creatures." Grandma comments. I smile and nod, taking a seat at the table again.

Nick finishes his cookie and runs a hand through his hair. I get a view of that purple lock of hair as he does so. It's a little washed out now, but that just makes it more noticeable.

"Oh," Grandma says. She seems to have noticed it to. Nick pauses, probably realizing what he's done.

"The hell is that?" Dad questions. Nick groans.

"Purple?" Grandma guesses. She reaches over and surprisingly, Nick lets her pull his hair back so she can see.

"Your granddaughter did that." Nick sighs. Grandma laughs and pulls away, letting Nick's hair fall over his forehead. Nick fixes his hair a little bit to get it out of his eyes.

"And you let her?" Grandma giggles. Nick seems ashamed as he nods. "It looks nice, honey." Grandma assures him.

"Does it?" Dad mutters as he grabs his plate.

"Shut up. That's why you're getting a divorce." Nick scowls.

"Too soon." Dad grumbles as he leaves the room, taking Grandma's plate with him.

"You don't have any color?" Grandma asks, gesturing to me.

"I did but it came out horribly so I cut it off." I explain. "Which is why I have this." I thought I told her that but maybe we both forgot.

"Yeah, and left me with this." Nick scoffs, gesturing to his hair.

"I'm going to add some color, I just want to get it done professionally." I laugh.

"A privilege I didn't get." Nick pouts. I reach over and pat his hand.

"My husband was a lot like you, Nick." Grandma smiles. "He let me get away with a lot too." She adds.

"I let her get away with too much." Nick glares at me even though he's the one who lets me.

"Mm, well, you love her, don't you?" Grandma eyes Nick suspiciously which makes me laugh a little.

"I do." Nick confirms. "A lot." He adds. Grandma smiles, happy with his answer. "Though, I wish she'd stop yelling at me for leaving a cup on the counter." Nick gives me a side glare.

"It's not just cups." I scoff. Nick rolls his eyes at me.

"Disgusting." Dad cringes as he sits back down. I don't think he even knows what we're talking about.

"Is what your mom said when she had you." Nick smirks. Dad blinks.

"Did you really?" I gasp, looking over at Grandma.

"Oh, no. I said 'He's beautiful'." Grandma smiles as she gets up. She kisses Dad's cheek as she passes him. He proudly smiles.

"She's lying." Nick whispers as soon as Grandma's gone.

"Watch it, son. You're dating my daughter, you don't want to be on my bad side." Dad warns.

"I'm not your son." Nick leans back in his seat and crosses his arms. "I don't give a fuck what you think of me. It's what your daughter thinks of me that matters the most." He shrugs. "And from the way she acts when we're alone, I'm going to take a wild guess and say she likes me." He lowers his voice a little.

"Okay." I nervously smile as I stand up. "Let's go get more cookies." I grab Nick's arm and tug him away, completely avoiding Dad as I do. "You suck. Forever and always, you suck." I whisper.

"Did I lie?" Nick raises an eyebrow. I don't answer him which makes him smile.

"More?" Grandma asks as he slides a plate of cookies over to us. Nick is quick to grab more than a couple.

Grandma groans and scratches her head. "What's the matter?" I ask, watching as Nick drops one of the many cookies in his hand. Nick has a problem with those cookies. It's concerning.

"Oh, nothing, nothing. I just remembered something." Grandma dismisses.

"What?" I inquire.

"There's a box of some your grandpa's things in the basement that your aunt asked me for. I just remembered I had to get it for her." Grandma explains.

"Need help?" Nick asks as he chews on one of his cookies. He's got his hands full with those things.

"Oh, no, no. Thank you, honey, but you're my guest." Grandma shakes her head. She starts to clean the kitchen up a little.

"It's not a problem." Nick shrugs. "Just tell me what it looks like, I'll get it." He tells her. I smile at him. He's more comfortable with her which I'm grateful for. I was a little worried this would be something like when Nick met Mom and Dad but no...this is going a lot better than I thought.

Well, besides from Nick and Dad's constant bickering. And the fact that Nick just made a suggestive comment to Dad..

"You're sweet." Grandma decides. She laughs a little. "It's just a brown box. It has his name written on it. Charlie." She explains. "Maeve, honey, would you show him to the basement?" She asks.

"Oh, yeah. Sure." I agree. Grandma laughs and grabs a large ziplock bag. She drops a few cookies inside before opening it up to Nick. Nick slowly drops the cookies in his hands into the bag, popping one of them into his mouth. "Right now?" I ask.

Nick shrugs and nods. "Why not?" I shrug too and lead the way to the basement.

"It's creepy down here." I whisper.

"I'll sacrifice you to the ghosts." Nick threatens. I gasp and he pushes me forward, a gesture for me to keep going.

"You're supposed to be my protector. You're supposed to say 'Oh, don't worry, baby. I'll protect you'." I grumble as I open the basement door, gesturing down the stairs.

Nick doesn't even blink as he heads down the stairs. He doesn't have a care in the world as he descends down the creepiest stairs known to man.

"Come on, scaredy-cat." Nick scoffs. I groan, but I follow him down. Nick looks around for the light switch.

"This is terrifying." I mumble, grabbing Nick's arm. Nick doesn't answer and just gets his phone out, turning its flashlight on.

He finds the light switch and tries it but it doesn't seem to work. "Oh," Nick mumbles.

"This is horror movie etiquette one-oh-one." I whisper.

"The beautiful girl goes down the stairs, entering the dark and creepy basement. She's just looking for a box but gets attacked by—"

"Okay! Okay! Just find the box, idiot." I groan. Nick starts to laugh and shines the flashlight on his phone around, looking for the box.

"That one?" Nick guesses. I let his arm go and he walks over to a box that's stacked up on another one. Grandpa's name is written on the side of it.

Nick hands me his phone, I take it from him and shine it in his direction, glancing behind me every few seconds. "Hurry up." I grumble.

"Shut up." Nick demands. He reaches over and grabs the box, picking it up. "Shit, she was going to carry this by herself?" Nick scoffs.

"She was probably going to ask my Dad." I shrug.

"I just met her and I can tell you you're wrong." Nick deadpans.

Yeah..he's not wrong. She would have tried to do it herself.

"Go." Nick orders. I turn around and quickly head for the stairs, pretty much leaving Nick in the dark while I take our only source of light with me. "You just have to wear a dress, huh?" Nick sighs.

At first, I'm confused, but then I realize I'm in a dress, Nick is behind me, and we're walking up the stairs.

"Enjoy it while it lasts."

"Oh, I am."

I laugh and make it to the top of the stairs, Nick follows closely behind. I shine the light down the stairs to make sure no one is down there then I shut the door. Nick rolls his eyes at me and we head into the living room. "Grandma?" I call.

"Here." Grandma enters the living room.

"Where do you want it?" Nick asks, looking around.

"Oh, here is fine. Thank you, honey." Grandma gestures to the coffee table. Nick goes over and sets the box down.

"What's that?" Dad asks as he comes over and sits on the couch.

"What does it look like? It's a box, man." Nick flatly says.

"No shit, it's a box. I mean what's in it?" Dad huffs.

"You should have just said that then."

"Asking what it is is the same thing."

"Okay." Grandma speaks before Nick can answer. "It's some of your dad's things. Rose wants some of it." Grandma explains as she opens the box up.

"Don't try to grab things yourself like that. Get your son to do it." Nick huffs. Grandma gives him a smile as she pulls a few things out of the box. "What's that?" Nick asks as Grandma pulls a book out.

Grandma opens her mouth but Dad speaks before she can. "It's a book, obviously." Dad scoffs.

"Shut your mouth." Nick demands. "You cut her off." He gestures for Grandma to continue.

Grandma laughs which is relieving because I was afraid she'd be a little upset at Nick for talking to Dad like that. "It's a scrap book." Grandma says, handing it to Nick. Nick takes it and looks at her, almost to ask permission. Grandma nods and Nick opens the book, starting to skim through the pictures.

He sits on the couch with it, I sit next to him and lean on his side so we can scan the pictures together. "Who's that?" Nick questions, pointing to one of the pictures.

"My aunt Rose."

"Who's that?"

"My Dad."

"Figures." Nick scoffs, glancing at Dad.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Dad crosses his arms.

"It means you're an ugly bastard."

"Roger looks like his dad." Grandma chimes in.

Nick sighs. "It means you have a very..distinct face." He grumbles. I pat his arm and gesture for him to flip the page.

"Why's a scrapbook in Grandpa's things?" I question, looking up at Grandma.

"Because it's his." Grandma smiles. "He was quite the scrapbooker."

"Huh," I mutter, looking down at the colorful pages.

"Who's that?" Nick asks again.

"Um..." I trail off. Grandma leans over and looks at the picture.

"Scotty." Grandma smiles. "Charlie's best friend. They've been friends since they were kids." Grandma explains. "Maevie, you've met him a couple of times."

"Have I?" I mumble. "When?"

"Thanksgiving and an occasional Christmas." Dad answers before Grandma can. "You haven't seen him in years though."

"You're still friends with him?" Nick inquires. Grandma nods.

"Oh, yeah. How could I not be? He was the closest with Charlie." Grandma laughs. "He lives in Ohio though. I don't see him as often as I'd like." She frowns.

Nick looks a little bothered, but he flips the page and continues asking questions about what the people in the pictures are doing or who they are. I recognize a lot of these but some people I don't know. Grandma and Grandpa had a lot of friends, I didn't even realize.

When we're finished looking through all of the pictures, Nick hands Grandma the scrapbook and she sets it to the side. She goes through all of the contents of the box, Nick basically asks about everything she pulls out.

Eventually, Grandma walks off to go call Aunt Rose and tell her she has all of Grandpa's things, leaving Nick, Dad, and I alone in the living room. So far, it's going good though, we have a movie playing now which helps with the awkward silence.

I jump when I feel Nick's hands on me. He tugs me over to sit on his lap. He loves to have me on his lap for some reason, he wraps his arms around me so maybe that's why, maybe he just likes to hug me like that. Well, I hope that's the reason.

I wonder if he can feel my ass like—never mind. I don't really want to know.

"Nick," I whisper, I put my hands on his arms that are wrapped around my waist. I feel Nick shake his head against my back and he grips me a little tighter. "Nick," I repeat.

"Fuck off." Nick grumbles, he holds me even tighter even though he just told me to fuck off.

"Hey." Dad huffs. I look over at him. "You don't need to have her on your lap."

"Fuck off." Nick repeats. I turn my head a little to look at him.

"Maeve, get off." Dad sighs, rolling his eyes. I slowly slide off Nick's lap to sit back down in between Nick and Dad. "Thin ice." Dad warns, scowling at Nick.

"Fuck off." Nick repeats for a third time, grabbing me again. I'm tugged right back onto his lap.

"Look! Movie!" I yell, pointing to the tv.

"We're not children, Maeve." Dad flatly says.

"Debatable." I grumble.

"Excuse me?" Dad's eyes narrow.

"Shut up with that shit. You're not fucking scary." Nick snaps.

"I'm her father."

"And? No one gives a shit."

"You should. What's going to happen if I decide I don't like you and you come to me asking for my daughters hand in marriage?"

"Easy. I won't ask you."

"What?"

"I'm not marrying you. I'm marrying your daughter."

"I missed something." Grandma mumbles. I quickly look over at the doorway and she stands there, clearly confused.

I'm quick to shake my head. "No, no, we're not getting married." I nervously laugh.

"Yet." Nick scoffs. I elbow him but I don't think it hurts him.

Grandma laughs. "Well, anyways, I need help." She says. Nick lets me go and lets me slide back off his lap. He gets off the couch and Dad makes a noise of disapproval.

"What?" Nick questions, clearly already dreading the question.

"Why are you getting up? I'm her son. I'll help her." Dad grumbles.

"Okay, you haven't even made any moves to get off the couch." Nick flatly says. Dad blinks and slowly stands up.

"There's a box on one of the higher shelves in my room. I don't think you'd be much help there, honey." Grandma lightly laughs. Dad crosses his arms and pouts. "Maevie," Grandma beckons. I get off the couch and follow Grandma down the hall, Nick does the same.

Before we leave though, Nick pauses and looks over at Dad. "Useless." He whispers, flipping dad off.

"Stop it." I scoff, slapping his hand down. Nick has a baby of a smile on his face which I glare at him for.

Grandma leads us to her room and points to the closet. There's a small stool in front of the closet. Nick groans. "You tried to get it yourself, didn't you?" He grumbles.

"Hush," Grandma huffs. "Please." She says, pointing to another brown box on the top shelf. Nick shakes his head at her and kicks the little stool out of the way, reaching up and grabbing the box. Grandma starts to open it while Nick just stands there and holds it. Nick doesn't seem bothered though, more curious as he watches her dig through the box.

Grandma seems to find what she's looking for when she takes out a long, black, velvet box. "What's that?" Nick immediately asks. He says I ask too many questions but he's the one always asking them.

"A necklace." Grandma answers. "Will you put that back up there please?" She smiles. Nick nods and slides the box back up on the top shelve. "Handy." Grandma comments. Nick blinks and Grandma looks at me. "This was my mother's." Grandma informs. "Here." She hands me it.

Nick's phone rings and he walks out of the room to answer it. Meanwhile, I open the little box. "Woah," I mumble. "This is a little too fancy for me to just take." I nervously laugh as I stare at the pretty necklace inside the box. It's a gold necklace with a flower pendent attached to it. There's a diamond in the middle of the flower.

"It's a family heirloom, honey." Grandma waves me off. "Don't tell Rose." She whispers like Aunt Rose is here. "My mother specifically said this was for you."

"She did?" I mumble. Grandma nods. "Wait, why me?"

"I'll be honest, I have no idea. You'd think she'd give it to her granddaughter, right?" Grandma laughs. I smile a little and nod. "But, she did like you from the very beginning." She hums. "Now, obviously, she passed away not long after you were born, but she fell in love with you the moment she saw you. I did too." Grandma smiles and moves my bangs out of my face a little.

"Uh," Nick mumbles. Grandma and I both look over at Nick. "Henry has to go so Malikai will be left alone." Nick explains.

I sigh. "We should probably go." I frown. Grandma just gives me a little smile and nods. She follows us out of her room and I go into the living room. "So, we're going to leave." I announce to Dad. Dad gets off the couch and pulls me into a hug. "Bye, I'll visit again soon." I promise.

"Yeah, next time, don't bring that boy with you." Dad grumbles, pulling away from the hug.

"He's telling her not to bring me next time." Nick tattles.

"Roger." Grandma scolds. She hands Nick a ziplock bag filled to the brim with cookies. The bag doesn't even close right. "It was lovely to meet you, Nick." Grandma smiles.

"You too." Nick nods at her and flips Dad off.

"Mom! He just flipped me off!" Dad states the obvious while Nick takes my hand and starts to tug me to the door. Nick laughs quietly to himself when we hear Grandma completely dismiss Dad.

"You're so mean." I roll my eyes at him but I can't help but smile a little. Nick only shrugs and opens the door, we both walk out and Nick opens my car door for me. "Henry actually has to leave, right?" I eye Nick suspiciously as he starts the car.

Nick sighs. "Yeah." He answers. "Honestly, I wouldn't have minded staying a little longer. But Henry has a family thing or something and we've been gone long enough."

"Family thing?"

Nick nods. "One of his kids invited him over I guess." He shrugs. I smile a little and nod.

"So..." I begin. Nick glances over at me then looks at the road. "What do you think?" I smile.

"I think your dad should go suck a dick."

"I meant my Grandma, jackass."

"Oh." Nick mutters. I roll my eyes at him. "She's nice." Nick decides. "Reminds me of you."

"She does?"

"She asks just as many questions as you do. I think her mind wanders like you too." Nick looks over at me. "She smiles like you and is just as stubborn. Trying to do things she shouldn't be trying to do."

"So..you like her?" I guess. Nick laughs and nods.

"Yes." Nick chuckles. "She makes good cookies." Nick glances at the ziplock bag. I nod and grab it. "Woah, woah, the hell do you think you're doing?" Nick quickly asks.

"Getting a cookie?"

"Those are mine."

"Oh, are they?" I hum. Nick nods and glances at me. I shrug. "All right." I agree.

One of Nick's hands moves from the wheel to rest on my thigh. I scoff and slap his hand off. "Ow—what the hell?" Nick huffs, pulling his hand away.

"Excuse you." I scowl.

"What? I can't touch you?" Nick questions, he tries to look over at me but ultimately has to look at the road.

"What? I can't have a cookie?" I mock his tone.

"Are you fucking kidding me?"

"Can I have a cookie?"

"Fuck no."

"Then you can't touch me."

"Fine." Nick grumbles.

"Fine." I repeat, shrugging.

I will get one of those cookies.

__________

5068 words :)

*Not Edited*

Continuar a ler

Também vai Gostar

15.9K 680 30
..𝓣𝓸 𝓽𝓱𝓸𝓼𝓮 𝔀𝓱𝓸 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓮 𝓯𝓪𝓴𝓮 𝓼𝓬𝓮𝓷𝓪𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓼 𝓫𝓮𝓯𝓸𝓻𝓮 𝓼𝓵𝓮𝓮𝓹𝓲𝓷𝓰 .. **•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚ ˚*•̩̩͙✩...
4K 93 21
--------------DISCLAIMER------------- This story it's a fanfic from a game called "Elevator Hitch" by StudioInvestigrave It's just that Have fun read...
126K 6.6K 99
Hannah And her Happy Harem After spending her entire life training to become an Olympic level gymnast only to suffer one too many injuries for her bo...
571K 15.6K 30
Next person after next, waiting for my shift to end. I call the next person in line over to me and start with my normal greeting as well as "do you h...