Stuck In The Past (Yuki Sohma...

By bon__bon_

One night, you decided that you wanted to run away. You snuck into the kitchen and stuffed a banana, some bre... More

1
2
3
Short 1
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
Short 2
13
14
15
16
17
Short 3
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
Short 4
Announcement

30

1.9K 60 7
By bon__bon_

The sky was as blue as ever with white wisps of clouds drifting in the direction of the wind.

The cherry blossoms were in full bloom with its petals scattered everywhere, dancing in the breeze.

Today was the day you were to step out into the world and experience new things. It was the day you graduate.

All third years had their pink flowers pinned to their shirts and were heading to the gym for the graduation ceremony.

All the speeches were given and as every individual was called up, they would step up to receive their diplomas.

When it was finally over, parents and students took pictures outside.

Somehow, you didn't feel an ounce of jealousy when you saw the parents of the students taking pictures together.

It was nice to see. However, you had all your friends there with you, so you didn't even have time to feel lonely at all.

Shigure was with Hatori and Ayame, taking pictures of you all.

Kagura was over on the other side pestering Kyo.

Rin was with Haru and Momiji was helping them take pictures.

Ritsu was in a normal everyday outfit for once and Shigure's editor, Mitsuru, was standing next him as they chatted away.

To your surprise, Kureno was here as well. You were 100% sure who he was here for. Uotani's face lit up once she spotted him.

Kisa and Hiro came over to congratulate you.

"Congratulations, Y/n!" said Kisa. She handed you a handmade card. "Here, this is for you!"

You took it from her hands and opened it up. It said, "Dear Y/n, congratulations on graduating! The days we spent with you were fun. We hope that your future is filled with what you desire and wish you the very best! From: Kisa and Hiro."

You smiled at reading this. You leaned over and hugged the both of them. "Thanks, you two."

Hiro squirmed under your arms and pushed you away. "Yeah yeah. We know we're great."

"Say what now?" Hiro ignored you and pulled Kisa away with him.

"Y/n, let's take a picture all together!" called Tohru. Yuki, Kyo, Uotani, and Hanajima were waiting for you as well.

You walked over to them with your diploma and card in hand. You stood between Hanajima and Yuki as Shigure took a picture of you six.

"Okay, say 'Shigure is best!' on the count of three!" He rose the camera up to his eye level.

"Just shut up and take it already," said Kyo.

"One, two, three!"

Snap!

***

You heard from Tohru that she and Kyo were going to be leaving soon.

They weren't the only ones that were getting ready to leave. You were currently in your apartment, packing your things into boxes and tidying the place up. 

You took out of your pocket a shiny silver key given to you by Yuki. He gave it to you the day after graduation.

Suddenly, there was a knock on the door. You walked over and opened it to see Yuki.

"Hey," he greeted.

"Come on in." You invited him in and he took off his shoes.

"Did you pack all your things?" he asked.

"Yeah. I don't have that many things, so it was a piece of cake," you said, showing a thumbs up.

The two of you sat down at the small table you had in the middle of the room.

"How do you feel about moving in with me?" he asked with an anticipating grin.

"Well, this isn't my first rodeo in moving homes, so I'm not really feeling any different."

Disappointed with your response, his expression drooped. "That's it?"

"Well, since we'll be under the same roof alone..." your face flushed with embarrassment, "I guess I'm sort of excited."

Seeing you say this shocked Yuki. His face turned into a deep red color as well.

"D-don't take it the wrong way! I'm not excited in a weird way!" you said with a frantic voice.

"I-I didn't say anything!" Yuki coughed and changed the subject. "Anyway, remember when we played that game and you won?"

"Oh yeah! I remember. The one where we played rock paper scissors at the stairs."

"That's right. Have you thought about what your wish would be?"

"Yeah. I thought about it and I've decided."

"What is it?"

You leaned in with a fox like smile. "Can you say 'I love you' for me?"

Yuki was flustered for a moment, but quickly gained his composure as he leaned forward with a sly grin that formed on his lips. "Fine, but only on one condition."

"What!? That was not part of the deal!"

"Are you in or are you out?"

"Ugh, fine. What is it?"

"You have to say 'I love you too'"

"Okay. Seems easy enough," you said with a shrug.

You sat there staring into his gray eyes, patiently waiting for him to say his three words.

"I'm waiting~"

"I-I love you," he mumbled.

"What? I can't hear you."

He took in a deep breath and said with a clear voice, "I love you."

"Dude, speak up. I can't hear a single word."

"Hey! Stop pretending you can't hear m-"

You pulled him by the collar of his shirt and kissed him on the lips. You then let go of him.

With a small laugh and a single smile, you looked at him and said, "I love you too."

***

Since neither of you could drive yet, Yuki asked Hatori to help you move your belongings.

"Thanks for your generosity, Hatori-san. You've been a huge help," you said.

"It's no problem," he said. His eyes then focused on your neck. "What's that on your neck?"

"What do you mea-" That was when realization hit you. "Oh, this is just a bug bite I got from a really annoying mosquito today. Boy, it's itchy."

Yuki spun his head around and looked at you in bewilderment.

"Do you need some ointment for that? I have some in the car."

"Thanks for the offer, but I have my own ointment I can use."

"Okay. Do you have everything you need?"

"Yes, this is it. Thanks for your help!"

When Hatori left, you sent the death glare to Yuki. "Come over here so I can kill you!"

"You're gonna have to come and catch me first," he said playfully as he swiftly dodged your kicks.

***

The two of you went to Shigure's house to check up on them. You slid open the door and entered with Yuki.

"Sup," said Kyo.

"Did you finish packing?" asked Yuki.

"Pretty much. There's food left in the kitchen, so eat it if you want."

"Where's Tohru? We want to talk to her," you said.

Kyo pointed to the left. "Living room." Just when Kyo was about to head upstairs, Yuki stopped him.

"Oi. Do a good job, stupid cat."

Kyo took a moment to look at him. He then turned his head and let out a smile.

"Advice not needed, stupid rat."

Yuki watched him go with a smirk.

You went to go find Tohru as Yuki waited for you. Tohru was sitting on the porch outside. She turned around to see you and broke into a bright smile.

"Welcome home, Y/n!"

You replied to her greeting with a bright smile. You went up to her and sat beside her.

"You're leaving tomorrow. This makes me feel kind of somber to know we won't be together as often."

"It does make me extremely sad as well," said Tohru as she looked down. "I had a lot of fun spending time with you, Y/n."

"Me too. I had lots of fun with you, Tohru, but I'm also happy for you." You put your hand on top of her head. "You were able to find someone to keep you company in the years to come. I'm happy that it was Kyo. I'm sure he'll do a great job of making sure you're loved."

"Y/n..." Your eyes widened as Tohru's eyes teared up.

"Agh! Don't cry!" you yelled as you hastily wiped her tears away with the ends of your sleeves.

"You did the same as well, Y/n! You were so stuck in the past with your mom's death and you were drowning in that darkness, but you found Yuki to be your light." She took your hands into hers. "I was so happy to think that you'd be living happily with him. But I'm going to miss you. I'm going to miss you a lot!" she said as she embraced you with tears running down her cheeks.

He wasn't the only light that barged into my life, idiot.

You wrapped your arms around her. "Gosh, I told myself not to cry today."

After crying it out with Tohru, you went over to Yuki. "W-what happened to you?" Your eyes were red and puffy from crying.

You then pushed him toward the living room. "Go and talk to her. I'm sure you have a lot of things to say."

"Huh? How would you know?"

"I just know. Now go."

"Okay then, I'll be right back." He entered the living room and went to where Tohru was.

You took a seat at the bottom step of the stairs, wiping away your tears. Suddenly, a hand with a white handkerchief popped out from behind you.

"The way you're sitting right now makes you look really pitiful," said Kyo. He was sitting a few steps above you.

"Shut up," you said as you snatched the handkerchief. You blew your nose into it and attempted to give it back to him.

He looked at it in disgust. "You can keep it."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah, I'm positive."

You folded it up into a square and placed it in your pocket.

"Hey, I'm trusting you," you said.

He looked at you with a confused expression. "Trusting me to do what?"

You looked at him with stern stare. "To not making Tohru sad, you hear me?"

He broke into a smile. "Yeah yeah, I hear you. I'm trusting you too."

"Trusting me to?"

"To be happy."

The corners of your lips turned up and formed a smile. "You can count on it."

A few minutes later, Yuki walked out. "Let's go, Y/n!"

"Coming!" You got up and walked up to him. "We'll be going now!"

You all exchanged your goodbyes and went on your way.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

138K 5K 60
"𝘈𝘳𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘢𝘧𝘳𝘢𝘪𝘥 𝘰𝘧 𝘮𝘦?" 𝘏𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘴𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘢𝘴, 𝘧𝘪𝘯𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘺 𝘶𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘤𝘶𝘳𝘪𝘰𝘶𝘴 𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘥𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘦�...
1K 4 20
Sakura Suzuki is Tohru Honda's best friend and rich big sister figure her entire life. Like Tohru, Sakura lives out on her own, with her, not bother...
6.9K 50 75
hello weebs and weclome back to another book with my oc character star but her last name will be changed to takashi!!!! lovely right anyways... this...
8.2K 159 26
Being Hatsuharu's older sister gave you a different perspective on the zodiac curse. You were more careful and respectful towards the zodiac members...