This Love ✔️

Por booklings21

Boring. That is one word to describe Sadie Jefferson's life. She goes to school, is on the honor roll, has tw... Más

Introduction
1: This Beginning
2: This Boy
3: This History
4: This Concert
5: This Drunk
6: This House
7: This Game
8: This Phone Call
9: This Precious Jewel
10: This Book
11: This Smoke
12: This Dinner
13: This Invitation
14: This Skill
15: This New Girl
16: This Introduction
17: This Humiliation
18: This Intruder
19: This Advice
20: This Tutoring Session
21: This Hurt
22: This Party
This Feeling
This Body
This News
This Illness
This Captor
This Kiss
This Confession
This Friend
This Band
This Stranger
This Singer
This Bite
This French Fry
This Cold Shoulder
This Middle Finger
This Story
This Warning
40: This Mother
This Partner
This Adventure
This Dirty Text
This Wake Up Call
This Cock-a-doodle-doo
This Heartbreak
This Verb
This Explanation
This Insight Part 1
50: This Insight Part 2
This Acknowlegment
This Backstory
This Labyrinth
This Thing He Carries
This Murdering House Fly
This Awakening
This Photo Shoot
This Song
60: This Drunken Confession
This Secret I Keep
This Christmas
This Truth
This New Years
This New Schedule
This Goodbye
This Missing Person
This Surprise
This Present
70: This Brother
This Birthday
This Hot Lawyer (Sarah's POV)
I'm Begging You
This Letter
This Dream
This Jail Break
76: This Final Goodbye
This Epilogue
This Note
Bash's Pov 1
Bash's POV 2
Bash's POV 3
Xmas Bonus Chapter Part 1
Xmas Bonus Chapter Part 2
Xmas Bonus Chapter Part 3
Xmas Bonus Chapter Part 4
Bash's POV 4
Cameo

This Loss

128K 3.8K 2.5K
Por booklings21

HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE!!
If you celebrate it that is but if you don't then happy Sunday or April 5th:)

Above song is Autumn Leaves by Chris Brown and being covered by Somo

...
Don't forget to VOTE and add to your reading list!!
...
This Lost

The next day I make my decision, the one which I know will benefit me for now and for the future.

So in the morning I stiffen my upper lip, I keep my chin held high, and I march downstairs in the morning to eat.

Waiting for me in the kitchen is my Mom, standing at the counter and staring blankly at the cooking pancakes.

Since I haven't been the most joyful person this weekend I thought she would've been surprised to see me in the kitchen, bright and early and with a set mind. Instead she is staring off into space with the kitchen filling with smoke.

"Good morning Mom," I say, waiting for her to notice me.

Nothing.

"I've decided that I'm running away from home," I tease.

Still nothing.

"I'm pregnant Mom."

She spins around, spatula in hand and wild eyes. "What?" She nearly screams.

"Mom," I say, holding in my laughter, "you're going to burn down the house." I inline my head to the pancakes behind her.

She turns back around and lets out a screeching sound. She frantically turns off the stove, moves the pan away, and turns on the fan.

"Guess I'm having cereal," I tell myself, already getting out the necessities.

"Look who's out of her cave," muses my Dad who struts into the kitchen in a suit and tie.

"And look who's on the way to work," I tease.

He gives me playful nudge and a kiss to the head before moving over to kiss my Mom on the cheek.

Confused, I watch in the reflection of the microwave in front of me as my Mom swiftly moves out of his reach, right before he can kiss her. He looks at her surprised and says, "Good morning honey," with a tense voice.

Instead of answering she keeps her back to him and starts to cut up an orange on the counter.

I've never really seen my parents argue about much, there was nothing to really ever argue about, so seeing this take place before me is an all new experience. One that I know I shouldn't be a part of.

So giving my parents their privacy I sneakily grab my bowl of cereal and head for the door. "I'm going to go get ready, bye guys," I holler over my shoulder.

When I get to my bedroom I don't bother to concern Sarah with this new experience, so instead I do what I intended to do since last night.

After taking a shower and covering myself in sweet scents, I rage through my closet and pick out the cutest outfit that I have and then put on a light layer of makeup. Sometime during my routine I hear the front door slam closed then seconds later, something breaking in the kitchen.

I don't want anyone or anything to ruin this day or bring me down, so I turn on the music on my stereo to tune out anything that I might hear from down stairs. Besides it's probably something very small and they'll get over it by tonight, my parents are the epitomes of true love.

Finally when I'm done, I admire myself in the mirror and start to panic on whether or not he'll like it.

"Of course he'll like it, don't freak out Sadie," I tell myself.

Eventually I gather enough courage to get to the bottom of the stairs. I'm surprised to find my Dad sitting in the foyer, tie loose around his neck, jacket thrown on the ground, and a glass of a brown drink that we only ever bring out on special occasions, gripped in his hand. He's staring hard into the empty fireplace and I notice that he keeps clinking his wedding ring against the side of the glass.

"I'm going out Dad," I say softly.

He looks up to me, his eyes already blood shot, not from the alcohol but from crying. My heart instantly shatters. "Alright pumpkin."

"Well," I begin, "I don't have to actually do this today, I can wait until tomorrow."

"No," he says, shaking his head back and forth. "You go out, your old man will be just fine. Besides I need to do some thinking to myself."

Hesitantly I nod and make my way to the door, before I can twist the knob though I run over to him and kiss him on the cheek. "Bye Daddy," I saw sweetly and head for the door.

Walking over a few blocks I try to not think about my upcoming event so I focus on my parents which makes me feel even worse and more freaked out. My parents have never fought like that before and it really worries me. I've always seen them as a couple that's truly in love but now I don't know what's going on.

Stopping my thoughts, someone calls out my name before I know where I even am.

"Sadie?"

I look up from the sidewalk that's littered in autumn leaves to see Lucas standing on his lawn, a rake in one hand and a pile of leaves next to him.

"Oh, uh hi," I say shyly, then immediately begin to think this was a horrible idea.

He drops the rake in the grass and starts to walk towards me slowly. "What are you doing here?"

"I was uh," I mumble, looking around his driveway. Parked in the open garage are two cars and in the drive way is his car, but no motorcycle or the car Bash was driving earlier in the week.

As if someone above wants me to suffer, the rev of an engine catches both of our attention. Turning our heads we see a motorcycle pulling up in the driveway with Bash sitting on it. In slow motion he gets off the bike, lifting one leg over it, shaking his hair after he takes off the helmet, and his cold hard eyes zeroing in on me.

"Oh," Lucas says beside me, "right, of course." Dejectedly he turns away.

I grab his hand before he can get far and pull him to me. I lean up on my tip toes and crash my lips to his, loving the tingles it gives me and the comfort.

Despite the anger and hurt that brews inside of me when I see Bash, it will all be worth it when he sees this. I want him to know that he didn't win and what better way than showing him myself?

It takes only a few seconds for Lucas to respond. His arms wrap around my waist, pulling me tight against him, his lips move against mine and I'm soon lost in our own little bubble.

The sound of an engine pops that bubble and we pull apart to watch Bash backing out of the driveway and speeding down the street.

Smiling I turn back to Lucas and say, "He didn't win."

He smiles himself, the sight nearly bringing me to my knees. "You came here because you forgave me?" He says with hope coating his voice.

I shrug then reluctantly pull away, watching as his face falls.

"Sadie," he says sadly, "I don't know what I can do to make you stop being mad at me."

I humorlessly chuckle than start to kick the pile of leaves next to us, totally ruining his hard work but oh well.

"I'm mad at myself, not you," I say, while keeping my eyes and feet on the leaves in front of me, because I know if I look at him and see those bright blue eyes that I love so much then I won't be strong enough to force the words out of my mouth.

"I'm mad for always being nice, for always getting attached, for wasting my time on you, for wishing and dreaming that we could be something more, for depending on you and making you my life when I wasn't yours," I say, then stop kicking around the leaves to turn to look him in the eyes. "But most of all for not hating you, which I know I should, but I just can't."

He continues to stare at me for a few seconds before reaching for my hand which I hesitantly take. "I know I didn't see you then," he says softly, "but now you're all I see."

Feeling the emotions rack through me, I loop my arms around his neck and bring my lips to his. This time the kiss intensifies until we're laying in the big pile of leaves surrounding us.

Giggling against his lips I say, "Wait Lucas, I think a leaf just went down my pants."

"Mm, toughen through it," he smiles against my lips but pulls away anyways. He looks around his yard while I try to grab the leaf out of my jeans. He says, "You're going to get me in trouble already."

"How?"

Finally I get the leaf out and fling it away from me.

"I was supposed to rack up all these leaves and now you ruined my pile," he teases.

"I'm ruining it am I?"

He nods his head and tries to look serious but can't help but slightly smile.

"Fine," I huff and stand up, shaking the leaves off of me. I march over to the other piles while he watches in amusement.

"Sadie," he warns, growing more serious, "what are you doing?"

"You said I'm ruining your piles," I fake hurt then before he can stop me I jump in the other piles and start to roll around in them, laughing my butt off.

"Sadie," he protests then starts to play wrestle with me in the leaves.

We end up laughing hysterically but grow serious when our eyes meet in an intense gaze.

"Lucas," I say reluctantly.

"Yeah," he says, his focus on my lips.

"We need to take it slow from now on," I pant.

He bites his lip, obviously trying to control himself, and rolls over onto his back beside me.

"I agree," he says disappointedly.

I giggle and turn on my side. "I just want to do this right, you know?"

He nods his head and his fingers find my own. "I don't like how fun it's going to sound but I know it will be worth it in the end." He leans over to kiss me on the nose. "So," he begins.

"Yeah," I ask curiously.

"Sadie Jefferson," he says seriously, "will you be my girlfriend?"

I've been waiting for those words to come out of his mouth for years now and they're as amazing as I thought they would be. I bite back my smile and enthusiastically nod my head.

"Yes," I squeal.

...
If you didn't read the note at the beginning:
Please go check out my new action story called Now and Then. It's set in the future with a bad ass female character who kicks everyone's butts in a different type of Europe than we're used to. Trust me is awesome so go check it out after this!:)

Sorry I haven't updated in a while but to make up for it I made this chapter longer and hopefully I can write another one tonight so I can post it tomorrow:)

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

576K 17.9K 87
Jessica Grayson has struggled with body dysmorphia and bullying for most of her life. And when she believes she has finally turned things around for...
17.5K 405 37
#previous title..his second chance #Book one of my first series__ "Open Wound" Jake William's the golden boy that you would call every girls dream...
2K 160 28
Sadie Caldwell is new to Silver Valley Senior High and she is hoping that the reason she left her old school and moved to Glendale will stay in the p...
1.4M 42.5K 31
Kiana Taylor, a young librarian who's lives by herself in Compton. She has one best friend but is so introverted she barely has a social life. Aron D...