The Sun, The Moon, The Dragon...

By AbraxosKit48

To be a teen in a small town is easier said than done, especially when you don't have the easiest life. Two g... More

Chapter 1: Skycrest
Chapter 2: Friarridge
Chapter 3: Dragon... not dragon?
Chapter 4: Fooooood
Chapter 5: The kill
Chapter 6: Surprise shooters
Chapter 7: Little Miss Dunce
Chapter 8: Drakon Academy
Chapter 9: Who are you really?
Chapter 10: Ambushes
Chapter 11: 200m sprint
Chapter 12: Flags and Ratatouille
Chapter 13: Testing
Chapter 14: Twinsies!
Chapter 15: Powerhungry shifters
Chapter 16: 4 or 5 stories?
Chapter 17: Meeting the Wolves
Chapter 18: The beginning
Chapter 19: The showdown
Chapter 20: The strangest Symbol
Chapter 21: Mysterious people
Chapter 22: Longlostcousins
Chapter 23: Her name is Juniper
Chapter 24: Barbie Britt
Chapter 25: Schedules
Chapter 26: Infatuation
Chapter 27: Fight! Fight! Fight!
Chapter 28: A crack and a Scream... or three
Chapter 29: The mysterious man... again
Chapter 30: Bye Bye Ej
Chapter 31: Prophecy 1; the last prophecy
Chapter 32: Prophecies, bows and gifts
Chapter 33: The...Delightful Date
Chapter 34: Dungeons
Chapter 36: Ditched for a girl
Chapter 37: Daphne Drama
Chapter 38a: Skylar
Chapter 38b: MINI CHAPTER
Chapter 39: A day to remember
Chapter 40: Tatts, Pops and Whops.
Chapter 41: Ranked Eggs
Chapter 42: The Other Halves
Chapter 43: Goodbye darkness. Hello Understanding.

Chapter 35: Spilling the tea

43 2 4
By AbraxosKit48

Ria POV:

Well, I saved my twin, imprisoned two traitors, rode Bronco, and slept soundly. Nah all those are true but the last one. I had a dream, actually, let's say a vision. 

*********************

"Garhh! Slitzer!"

I watch as a young girl around my age saunters over to a man, her face is blurred and so is the mans but I can see his greying hair and shirt rolled up to his elbows. The young girl sashays her hips back and forth as she strolls up the man, her long hair pin straight as it falls down to her mid back.

The room the pair stand in is an office, one side has shelves covered in book and the other an old fireplace. Sat in the centre is a large solid desk and chair spread out on the desk are images of Lark, Kyle and I, notes are spread out everywhere and images of people I know and don't know are hung on the wall.

"Yes Master?" Her voice silky smooth as she purrs to the older man, from where I'm standing I watch as she batters her eyelashes, her already skimpy top that barely covers anything she pulls down even further.

"My two imbecile trainwrecks of nephews got caught, they failed at their one duty. I need you to go there, they'll never see it coming. An innocent girl with wide eyes and a weak wolf, always expect the unexpected." The man although blurry faced I watch as he tilts her chin up and her coffee brown hair falls to cover her butt that's peeking out from under her short skirt. 

I watch as their lips connect, his hands move down to her barely covered a** and he lifts her up, I turn away not particularly wanting to see a young girl getting ravaged by an older man. I hear a slam and grunt and I assume they knocked something over. I attempt to tune out the... activities and wake myself up but I am unable too. I know this is a dream but I can't wake up. Then I hear it, her voice whispers into the man's ear but I hear it nonetheless.

"I'll do it, anything for you Master, I'd jump off a cliff if you asked." That's when I finally woke up.

************************************

I love my life lately, note the sarcasm, I've been wandering around with dark bags under my eyes for the past two days.

In the past week so much has happened and like im only what... uhhh... 16? Nearly 17? That sounds about right, I do actually know for a fact my and Lark's birthday is in like 5 days.

I actually need to buy her present still, oh, and families are coming tomorrow and Cadre training starts in like a week. According to my roomies it starts on my birthday actually, so that's just great.

On one hand it means no school, yay! On the other it means intense training in all areas, dragon riding, group work, fighting, battle planning et cetera. At least Callum and Tristan have offered to help us train. The whole academy gets the few weeks off to help train or study.

"Ria!" I start from the sound of my voice, I turn and look over at Blaze who was just speaking to me but I had zoned out.

"Sorry..." I mumble quietly and turn to face blaze who's sat cross legged on the sofa beside me. "Could you... uh... repeat that?"

"Ria... what's wrong? You've been so distant with everyone lately except Lark and Kyle. I'm your Isalor you can talk to me." His eyes soften as he speaks to me, he really is like a big brother.

"It's nothing..."

'Tell him, he can help. We are linked to him whether you like it or not.' Jay grunts as she raises her head.

'She's right Ria,' Titan's voice pops into my head, 'Sorry, but an outsiders opinion might help.'

'Fine. Whisp do you agree?' I add my Dragon into the conversation. I look over to my left where she's asleep on the couch with Titan. Who might I add is practically fully grown now, Titan that is.

'Yup. Tell.' Her voice wisps through my head, airy and light.

'Why must you all have good consciences?' I groan bitterly at the three fussers.

"We can't chat here, come on." I speak out loud to Blaze and walk off, grabbing my coat off the rack by the door and throwing it on then pull my boots on over the top. It may be warm but there's still a chill in the morning air.

The whole house is still in bed as Blaze and I walk out the front door with Titan and Whisp following closely behind. Our little party cross over to the edge of the lake and look out at the blue water rippling along with the wind. The trees sway gently along with the breeze, it carries the scent of blossoming flowers.

"So... whats up?" Blaze keeps his gaze out across the water. "Are you pregnant? I'll support you if you are."

I chuckle lightly, he's attempting to break the tension.

"How'd you guess?" I turn and widen my eyes as I look at him, "Do I look like I have a fat stomach? Am I glowing? Oh no... do I smell?" I drop my mouth open looking offended and disgusted.

"No... no! I was just... I'm sorry. Who's the fath-" Blaze stammers over his words.

"Oh my gods," I wipe the tears off my face, I can feel the redness from laughing so hard. "I'm not pregnant, bro." I smile but shake my head.

"Oh thank god, I didn't want to beat up someone." He laughs relieved.

'His face... Oh my gods, that was amazing.' Juniper howls with laughter, making me crack another smile before my face turns serious. I look up at the dragon riders practising, some in groups others solo.

"Look Blaze, I'll just spit it out." I turn so i'm fully facing him, realising this is important he looks at me, his golden lion eyes search mine for a hint of what's happening.

"Have you heard of the prophecies of three?" I rub my temple when he shakes his head cluelessly. "It's about three siblings or two sisters and another person of closeness like a brother. It prophecies that the three will meet and bond, they will gain three powerful dragons and in a cadre of ten they will win the war against an unknown threat." As I speak Blaze's eyes widen in more and more fear and realisation dawns on him.

"You and Lark and the sisters, therefore who's the guy... the brother?" Blaze questions.

"We believe it's Kyle, however he isn't our brother, Uncle Jer knows who my father is, I think he would've said if it was the King." My voice wavers as I speak.

"True, the prophecy could come true in years though. Why are you so worried?" Blaze attempts to hide his alarm but I know him to well.

"The thing with Leon and Grayhem proved it." I whisper, my eyes dart to the left and I notice a figure in the tree line. "Sh*t." I grumble.

"What?" Blaze looks at me his concern etched into his deep voice.

"This is what, Elijah get out of the trees and come here." I growl loudly making Blaze flinch back although the growl wasn't even slightly aimed at him.

The figure comes closer revealing Elijah, his hair messy and his eyes stern.

"Why didn't you tell any of us?" Elijah accuses as he walks over.

I just roll my eyes and face the two guys in front of me. "A. You wouldn't have believed me, B. I was still processing, and C. It didn't concern you, or anyone else yet." I grit my teeth trying to stay calm, my jaw clenches and I breathe deeply. Why does he affect me so much, stupid Alpha.

"Whatever, I've heard the prophecies all my life Ria, they aren't good." Elijah mutters and sits down beside me on the other side to Blaze.

"Also what Leon and Grayhem event?" Blaze looks between Ej and I.

"Oops, yea Leon and Grayhem were actually Hunter's and traitors trying to kill or mate with Lark and I. I figured it out and trapped Leon and then Ej and I took down Grayhem and saved Callum and Lark." I scrunch up my face and nod then turn my gaze towards the lake in front of me. The sun shines off it softly creating an inviting scene.

'Not yet Ria, we need to explain everything.' Jay speaks up.

In the water in front of me Titan and Whisp are bounding around playing and splashing each other. Honestly I'm currently jealous of the two creatures, I'm stuck in this awkward situation while they get to swim.

"What?! When were you gonna tell me?" Blaze looks at me incredulously. 

"I was, when I understood what happened." I shrug trying to change the topic. "Look, both of you, the prophecy doesn't sound good. I don't know what half of it means, it's been studied for literally decades and no-one can figure out most of it. I'm f*cking sixteen, in the past two months or however long we've been here and like a month before it, I found out I'm a rider and Isalor, which is rare in itself. I found out I was f*cking adopted and never knew, I've come here, found out werewolves and vampires exist, found out I'm a twin, that I'm a werewolf and the Luna-to-be of the Majesty pack, my mother was killed for who her mate was, I got a really rare dragon that no-one knows anything about, my supposed mate was really faking it and a hunter trying to kill me. Hmm what else? Other stuff too. I'm only sixteen for f*cks sake. No-one can say I'm being unfair." I stop ranting only realising I literally just spilt so much, I have even more but they can't know some of it yet or I'm not comfortable telling them.

Both guys sit there speechless, clearly taken aback by how much has happened and that I cracked. I Alaria Sharlin cracked and lost it partially.

"Ria... I'm so sorry." Blaze hugs me from the side, "I-I didn't realise."

"Sorry..." I turn and look at Ej, did he just apologise? 

'Yup, he did... wow didn't expect that.' Jay mumbles, nearly speechless.

"I've been cruel to you, it wasn't right. I've grown up like this with everything, knowing everything. I didn't even think." He awkwardly pats my head, I smirk and punch him in the arm playfully.

"Thank-you. Both of you." I smile at the two guys beside me. "Come on, let's get the roomates, schools going to start soon." I smile again and stand up dusting the creamy sand off my pants and stretch.

'Titan, Whisp. Come on.' I walk back into the house and find most of the roomates sitting on the couches or the kitchen table except Clay and Tristan, probably still asleep.

"I'm going to get changed then we can go. Everyone cool with that?" I rush upstairs not really giving everyone a choice.

Entering my room on the top story I grab my black cargo pants, my black sports bra, a baggy vintage band tee and my combat boots. Pulling the ensemble on I run a brush through my windswept hair and tie it half up and half down. Before rushing down the stairs I grab my short sword and throwing knives. 

"Let's go." I rush down the steps and grab an apple on the way past the fresh fruit bowl. For some reason there is a cup of tea on the bench which I may have accidentally knocked over just then... I'll clean it later.

Out the front is Bronco and another dragon I don't recognise, it has webbed fins running down its spine and it's a light blue colour. It's large head has four narwhal like horns on its head and silvery streaks running across its wings. 

"Who's dragon?" I ask looking at my roomates spilling out the door. My gaze rakes down the length of the creature, it's massive head swings to look at me and turns to look at Whisp beside me before bowing its head and repeating this with both Cinder and Bullet.

'Lucas, sup?' I hear the voice in my head and smirk, so it's Lucas' dragon, I can see it.

"Nice dragon Lucas." He looks up surprised.

"How'd you know?" He looks absolutely bewildered at the prospect of me knowing.

"Well only you and Ej have dragons that are fully grown in our roommates, I've met Bronco therefore he's yours." I roll my eyes like it's obvious, although I totally didn't hear the dragon mind-link him. Nuh uh.

"Come on peeps. Chop chop." Making sure the house is locked I run off, the whole group of roomates chasing me. The ten of us streak across the housing district and make our way across the bridge to the academy. Titan and Whisp bound along beside me, Cinder and Bullet beside Lark and Kyle while the two large dragon's are at the back.

'So, what's your name? I'm Alaria by the way.' I mind-link Lucas' dragon, the dragon halts before running again.

'How...how are you speaking to me?' The dragon responds curiously.

'Magic...' I respond mysteriously. 

'Well I'm Nemphasis. Nice to meet you Alaria." The dragon says formally.

'Ew, call me Ria also nice name.'

'Thanks?' He responds confused but proud.

I turn my attention back to running, I am in human form so I don't get as many odd looks as I pass by the other students like I usually would.

"See you guys at break." I wave and walk off towards my class followed by Lark, Blaze and Zim with Whisp, Titan and Cinder.

The trek to homegroup is short as we've figured out the shortest route now luckily, but it still takes a few minutes. My group walk in silence to class and get a few odd looks, maybe the news of what happened with Leon and Grayhem spread. I wouldn't be surprised, but who told?

Shrugging it off we make it to class and walk in, there's a few students already there so we take our usual seats in the back corner by the windows.

Lark:
9:00 - 9:30am Period 1: Homegroup - Room 238: Mr Mallanth
9:30am - 11am Period 2: Dragon Battle - Field A: Mrs Frem and Mr Jarlos
11am - 11:30am Break: Anywhere
11:30am - 1:00pm Period 3: Medicinal Apparel - Training Infirmary: Dr Delia
1:00pm - 2:30pm Period 4: Dragon Lore - Room 78: Mr Sandledor
2:30pm - 3:30pm Break: Anywhere
3:30pm - 4:30pm Period 5: Casual Arts - Room 19: Ms Marmolo

Ria:
9:00 - 9:30am Period 1: Homegroup - Room 238: Mr Mallanth
9:30am - 11am Period 2: Dragon Battle - Field A: Mrs Frem and Mr Jarlos
11am - 11:30am Break: Anywhere
11:30am - 1:00pm Period 3: Medicinal Apparel - Training Infirmary: Dr Frension
1:00pm - 2:30pm Period 4: Dragon Lore - Room 78: Mr Sandledor
2:30pm - 3:30pm Break: Anywhere
3:30pm - 4:30pm Period 5: Shifting Paradise - Green Globe 1: Alpha-to-be Elijah Agrem and Luna-to-be Alaria Sharlin.

Zim:
9:00 - 9:30am Period 1: Homegroup - Room 238: Mr Mallanth
9:30am - 11am Period 2: Dragon Battle - Field A: Mrs Frem and Mr Jarlos
11am - 11:30am Break: Anywhere
11:30am - 1:00pm Period 3: Medicinal Apparel - Training Infirmary: Dr Delia
1:00pm - 2:30pm Period 4: Dragon Behaviours - Room 323: Miss Bamadas
2:30pm - 3:30pm Break: Anywhere
3:30pm - 4:30pm Period 5: Shifting Paradise - Green Globe 1: Alpha Elijah Agrem and Luna Alaria Sharlin.

Blaze:
9:00 - 9:30am Period 1: Homegroup - Room 238: Mr Mallanth
9:30am - 11am Period 2: Dragon Battle - Field A: Mrs Frem and Mr Jarlos
11am - 11:30am Break: Anywhere
11:30am - 1:00pm Period 3: Medicinal Apparel - Training Infirmary: Dr Frension
1:00pm - 2:30pm Period 4: Dragon Behaviours - Room 323: Miss Bamadas
2:30pm - 3:30pm Break: Anywhere
3:30pm - 4:30pm Period 5: Creative Corner - Studio 3: Ms Crayana

"We all have Dragon battle period one." Zim pipes up from beside Lark. I nod thinking, what will we be doing?

"Class! Quiet." Mr Mallanth, is seated at his desk and the whole class goes quiet to see what he will say. "Tomorrow families will be arriving, please be respectful around them and other students. We don't want any bad reports." The class breaks into some excited mumbles while others seem annoyed or bored.

"Quiet!" Mr Mallanth's voice screeches across the room, "The other information is after school today can all Vampires go to the Plaza, I'm not sure why but King Alexander requests it. That's all, just chill quietly until class ends."

"Do you have any ideas Lark?" Blaze turns to my twin, "I mean you are high up. Leader of the second strongest Vampire coven."

"Nope, no clue." She shrugs but appears a little worried.

We chat quietly with each other for a while before the bell signals the end of class. 

"Onwards!" I pretend to charge down the hall but end up smacking face first into a skinny guy who's taller than me. Actually almost everyone is taller than me, I'm tiny. 

"Ow." I rub my nose and look up.

"Seriously watch where you're going." The snarl makes my gaze harden.

My eyes probably flash silver as I feel Jay growl in anger, 'He was in the way not us. F*cking idiot.'

"Who the hell do you think you are?" I growl threateningly, the person I walked into steps back and that's when I notice. Lyle.

"Ethan?! F*ck you." I scowl up at the familiar face.

"Ria? Sorry..." he huffs and rolls his eyes as my friends come running up. Titan growls lowly and Whisp glares.

"Ethan, I haven't seen you in so long." Blaze smacks him on the back.

"I know right. I heard what happened with your dragons hatching early." He smiles at me.

"Yup me and Lark, my twin." I grab Lark's arm and pull her forwards. "This is Larkin my twin sister and her Isalor Zim. Oh and this is Whisp my dragon and Cinder her dragon." I grin.

Lyle looks at Lark and his eyes widen slightly, I pick it up just as quickly as it's gone. 

"See you guys around, I need to get to class." With that Lyle spins around and stalks off, that was weird. I share a look with Blaze but make my way to the field outside for class.

Spread out on the field is Lucas and Nemphasis, Ej and Bronco, Lyle and Nuruu, Morgen and his dragon, and a bunch of other older students and their dragons or wyverns.

"Ok, now that everyone is here I'll start the lesson. Today I want everyone to get used to the dragons, I have brought in one of every type plus a wyvern." The teacher begins.

"Well except the sun, moon and star ones at least." She chuckles and the whole class just grins slightly. 

'Ouch.' I hear Whisp grumble sadly as she's clearly in plain view to the teacher.

"Ok I want everyone to pair with their Isalor/Rider groups and chose where to start, one group per dragon type, any leftover groups come to me."

We break off into our groups and I walk over to the closest dragon with Blaze, by the looks of it it's a fire dragon.

"Nice beast." I complement the rider and look at the large dragon in front of me. It turns to Whisp and dips its large head, the second one in the past day. Maybe she's their sibling? Who knows.

"Ria! Lark and Zim are going to go around with you and Blaze!" The teacher calls out across the field, I just nod and turn back to the dragon and rider.

"Ria." I stick my hand out and give the guy a firm handshake, his eyebrows raise and he appears impressed.

"Peter. This here is Pitter." He pats the large dragons flank, "He's a fire dragon."

"Same! Mine hasn't hatched yet but it's a fire dragon too. Also I'm Blaze." He waves awkwardly and Peter's eyes widen in recognition as Whisp bounds over and settles in front of me with Titan to my right.

"You're THE Ria and Blaze." He gapes in awe, but snaps his mouth closed when he realises he's staring. 

"Ria! We get to work with you now. Isn't that awesome?" Lark comes over and wraps her arm around my neck and leans on me grinning like a madwoman.

"This is my twin Lark and her Isalor Zim." I grimace and Zim just laughs while Blaze rolls his eyes. 

"She loves me... I think." Lark chuckles.

"Debatable." I mumble back.

"Wanna show us what he can do?" Blaze pipes up, his eyes huge with awe at the large beast in front of us.

"Sure thing." Peter looks at Pitter and he takes off, up into the air with two massive flaps. Up in the air he breathes fire and Peter raises his hands and waves them around in a fluid motion, the fire moves with him. He's bending the fire to his will.

He does a few more tricks before Pitter lands again.

'Impressive Pitter.' I mind-link the dragon making him jump slightly.

'Who're you?' The dragon responds harshly.

'Ouch, nah, it's cool. I'm Ria the girl with white hair.' As soon as I introduce myself his demeanor changes completely.

'I'm sorry, I didn't realise.' He stumbles over his words as his large head swings to look at me.

I wave away the apology, 'It's cool.' I smile at him softly.

'It was nice meeting you Ria.' His voice signifies he's smiling inwardly.

'You too Pitter.'

"Next! Everyone move to your right." We wave goodbye after the spectacle and walk to the next dragon and rider duo, the dragon has dark earthy tones so my guess would be a earth dragon.

My small group move around the circle. learning about each dragon and some of their skills they have, I talk to every dragon without the rider of my friends knowing and get to know them. I learnt some are the leaders of their species and therefore more powerful then most dragons of that type. 

"Riri! Larky!" I spin around and find Morgen stood behind me.

"Morgie!" I squeal and roll my eyes, seriously my cousin is so annoying.

"So... you gonna introduce us?" I raise an eyebrow and purse my lips expectantly.

"Yeah yeah. Ria, Lark, Blaze, Zim meet my dragon-" He begins but I cut him off.

"Snapper! I remember you told me his name was Snapper!" I say excitedly and get a few odd looks from the people around us.

"Yup," He nods smiling, "Guys meet Snapper, Snapper meet my cousins Ria and Lark and their Isalors Blaze and Zim."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.4K 441 49
[COMPLETE] [[**Sequel, The Hybrid Harold, is up!**]] The first generation past the war has settled and the result is something no one from the past w...
68K 2K 43
Iris has had a difficult life, running from her past and living like a nomad. She is not a regular wolf. She curses the Moon goddess for the gifts sh...
Darkest Wolf By Aconite

General Fiction

26.2K 1.1K 34
"I need you." "And I need a drink." "I don't think you understand," I put my hand on the middle of his back, letting all the darkest emotions- fear...
111K 4.8K 67
Book One of a three part series 18+ will contain mature content TW - mentions of rape, gore, abuse, sex, death "Watch your tone Lillian or you will...