New Life in Minecraft

By mrdr1350

When a man named Daniel and his friend Dustin go on a cruise to enjoy some R&R they didn't know that they, an... More

Chapter 1: The Cruise
Chapter 3: All Hail King......

Chapter 2: Where are We?

1.6K 13 9
By mrdr1350

Then I found myself on a sandy beach along with about everyone that was on the ship. As I looked around I noticed that the world seemed to be made of cubes. Wait a minute, how could sand, dirt, and stone be made of cubes? "Hey Daniel, where are we, and how did we get here?" asked Dustin. This startled me because I had not yet noticed him come up beside me.

"I don't know but did you notice that everything is made of cubes?" I replied.

"No, you’re right though," He said. As I looked around I noticed with a start of excitement that the girl I had seen on the boat.

All of a sudden a man in a black cloak came over to the group and yelled out "All of you should come with me. I have experience here and can make you happy here."

I felt a cold chill run down my back at his last words and knew something was up. So I yelled back "Hey, we don't know you, for all we know you could have bad intentions. I say we stick together and set up a camp."

"Why sit here with one who knows nothing of this world just on petty fears, or would you rather be happy and live in comfort?" He replied. I knew I had lost some of the people because a little more than half the people went to join him. After that the rest of the group remained were they were. "The ones who have not joined me your fates are sealed," He said as he turned and left with the others. The last words he said worried me and I wondered if he meant them as a threat.

The first thing we needed to do is get a camp so I divided up the group into two groups, one would be lead by Dustin to go and find some trees to make crude pickaxes and go and find a good cave to mine from. My group and I would go find a forest and use branches to make crude axes to chop down some wood to start making a camp. By midday we had enough wood, stone, and coal (which was found in the mine) to start building our camp. We started to build our wall which would have to be at least four blocks high and be big enough to fit inside it all the housing needed for our group of 4,573. It seemed like a big chore but with everyone's hard work we had the wall up in no time. With that done I divided the group into families (with everyone in agreement) and set them to work on their homes. My group (or family) was to be Dustin, The girl I had seen whose name is Lin, and another girl named Sara (a mix of white and Asian) who I think Dustin liked. By night fall everyone was in their house ready to spend their first night in this new land.

I awoke to a scream and hurried outside to see a portion of our wall had been destroyed by what looked like an explosion. Two people seemed to have been killed in it, a young female (the one who probably screamed) and an older man (about in his fifties), and the worst was there where now three zombies and two skeletal archers moving into the camp. I called for every able bodied man and woman to get axes and quickly kill the fiends before we sustained any more casualties. It was quite impressive how many and how quickly they came. Within a few minutes we had dispatched of the monsters and had fixed the wall. This time we set up watch made of twenty-five men who would switch guards every two hours.

As the sun rose the current head of the guard came over to our hut and knocked. When I asked him what was going on he told me that he himself didn't believe it, but the two people killed in the small attack last night had somehow come back and not as zombies. I walked with him to the front gate where the two had been knocking to get in and to my surprise the guard had been right. There at the gate stood the two people I had seen dead last night, but now they weren't dead, in fact they looked healthy in not more so. "How are you two alive and well? I saw you as dead as a doornail and with no probable way of getting back up. In fact we didn't even have bodies to bury. They seemed to have disappeared after the battle was over." I said.

"We don't know, one minute it was total darkness, and then we woke up in the spot we first started at." The older man said. I was amazed at the concept of rebirth, no respawning. I wondered if this happened to everyone, but hoped never to find out to find out.

The two groups I had before did the same as before, but my group was to start farming plants and raising animals to support the populace. I told Dustin that he should look for iron to make better tools, weapons, and armor for us to help protect the camp. I then divided up my group into two, one would do the farming, and the others and I would go hunting, and capture and animals to turn into farm animals.

As we moved along we marked our path with torches just in case we needed to find our way back to the camp in the dark. We entered a forest and started to move with silent movements. The trees grew so close together it blocked out the sun. As we moved we saw a big camp of skeletal archers and what seemed to be like giant spiders. "Should we attack?" asked Jack. Jack was about the same age as me and he had become a friend of mine after blocking an arrow one of the skeletal archers shot at me in the first fight with these monstrosities.

"Yes, but don't kill all of them. Keep one alive to question afterwards to get info on why they are here in such big numbers," I answered. I told the others to surround the monsters and on the signal of "NOW" we would all run out and attack the unaware group of monsters. Once every person was in position I yelled "NOW."

We all ran out and started to attack the outer ring of the camp. There were 1,200 of us, all men (the women and young men were the ones at camp planting crops), and they numbered around 800 so it was a pretty even match considering we were only using stone swords or axes. Also the spiders were a pain to defeat. They jumped, sprang, climbed up trees and jumped down on you, and just being a plain menace. The archers were hard to bring down as well. Since they used ranged weapons they were always moving to stay out of our reach. Not only that but when you did get close enough to strike down one, a spider would spring out of nowhere to distract you from the archer. Jack and I were doing really good. One of us would go after an archer and the other would cover him just in case one of the spiders decided to impede us. One almost got me from above, but Jack threw his axe at the spider as it was in mid fall "Thanks again jack. I am glad you stayed in our group or I would have been dead twice now." I said. After a hard fought battle, only there leader and his spider remained.

We all went for the leader but like usual the spider jumped in front of us while its master got some distance away from us. Unlike the other spiders this one was bigger and tougher. Even with all of us attacking it at once it was able to kill eight of us before we brought it down (not to mention the other two we lost from the leader picking them off while we attacked his pet). Now with no spiders to jump in front to save him, we all swarmed in on the leader and I was able to get a swing on his bow and cut it in half. We had captured him. It was a costly battle with our losses at 672 men and the monsters, all but one of 800. I began to hope I was right about the respawning and would see the men lost in this battle in the morning.

I walked over to our prisoner and asked him what he was doing in the forest in such large numbers and so well equipped. A voice so chilling it sucked the warmed right out of you replied "We were sent here by the man in the cloak. He wanted us to attack a camp after they had split up to go out and work for the day." This scared me, because that meant the man in the cloak was threatening to kill us that day, and not only did he now have some of the people from the cruise to add to his army, but he also could control the monsters that roamed this world.

"So what should we do with this monstrous fiend?" asked Jack.

"We'll let him go with a message to his master. Tell him he will not be rid of us so easily, and that he will pay for his evil even if it takes my entire life," I told it.

"Fine human, but you cannot kill him. He will come back until he finds a way to get rid of you and your group permanently," it said.

We started back out of the forest and were surprised to see it was night time. We hurried along the path we had made earlier. We got back to camp, and Dustin came over and yelled "What in the world took you guys so long and why are there so few of you returning?" I told him about the large camp of spiders and skeletal archers and the battle that ensued. "Are you crazy!?" he yelled.

"Hey! If we hadn't attacked the camp of monstrosities they would have attacked our camp while we were all away, and all the women and young men handling the farming here would have been slaughtered. Daniel made the right decision in attacking that camp," Jack retorted.

"Oh, I am sorry Daniel, I did not know they were planning to do that. How did you find that out anyway?" Dustin asked. I then began to tell him that we had managed to keep alive and capture the leader of the camp and what we had learned from it. "So the cloaked man we saw before is sending out monsters to take us out and our camp?" asked Dustin.

"Yes, but he can't totally kill us. The people we lost today should be here in the morning," Ianswered.

"How can that be aren't they all dead?" asked Dustin.

"Yes, but I think everyone that dies in this world is respawned in the place we first started except maybe the monsters. Remember the first two that had died before? They said they woke up back at where we had started." I told him.

"I don't know, but if so I think when they come back we should start to pick a leader, a king if you will," said Dustin.

"So you’re suggesting voting on a king when and if the others come back? Do you think everyone will agree to it?" I asked him.

"Yes, without a leader we cannot hope to fight off another wave of monsters" He replied. So we went back to our hut to wait and pray that those lost that day would be seen in the morning.

Continue Reading