Shattered Skies | BBB Thunder...

By Jykorcefran97

Boboiboy Thunderstorm, the bad boy and ̶s̶e̶c̶o̶n̶d̶ eldest brother of the elemental septuplets with a cold... More

Pr•l•gue 0.0 | 1 | Night Skies
Pr•l•gue 0.1 | 2 | Hot Topic
Pr•l•gue 0.2 | 3 | Interest
Pr•l•gue 0.3 | 4 | Storm
Pr•l•gue 0.4 | 5 | Killjoy
Pr•l•gue 0.5 | 6 | Hali
7 | Coincidences
8 | Break The Barrier
9 | Night Owls
10 | The Real Meal
11 | Disturbance
12 | Big Mistake
13 | Cuts And Bandages
14 | Trust Issues
15 | Polar Bear & Api
16 | FlirtatioUS Much
17 | Reminiscent
1st ARC | 18 | Tears & Deceit
1st ARC | 19 | The 2nd Eldest
1st ARC | 20 | 7th Heaven
1st ARC | 21 | Solace In A Spark
1st ARC | 22 | Mama Quake
1st ARC | 23 PT 1 | Blessing in Disguise
1st ARC | 24 PT 2 | Bon Appétit
1st ARC | 25 BONUS | A Couch, TV, & Netflix
1st ARC | 26 | Lights Out
1st ARC | 27 | Thicker Than Water
1st ARC | 28 | Platonic Soulmates
29 PT 1 BONUS | For How Long
30 PT 2 | Crazy Jazzy Mornings
31 PT 3 | A Cafe & Old Enemies
2nd ARC | 32 | Scorching Frostbite
2nd ARC | 33 | FrostFire
2nd ARC | 34 | Cordolium
2nd ARC | 35 | Retrogression
2nd ARC | 36 PT 1 | Missing You
2nd ARC | 37 PT 2 | Water, Blood, or Wine
2nd ARC | 38 | Trouvaille
2nd ARC | 39 | Beauty Of A Storm
3rd ARC | 40 | Nostalgia
3rd ARC | 41 PT 1 | Hell Week
3rd ARC | 43 | King And Queen Of Hearts
3rd ARC | CH 44 | Him And I

3rd ARC | 42 PT 2 | Braindead

1.9K 74 140
By Jykorcefran97

───── · • ❝ ••𝕊𝕊𝕂•• ❞ • · ─────

"You look happy." It was flat, Ais' comment; cyan eyes blanking out towards the whiteboard, rather nonchalant about their class's current lesson.

He'd much rather sink in his baby blue bean bag, body sagging in the feather-filled chair with a cup of his granddad's delicious iced cocoa than suffer 8 whole hours sitting on a wooden seat, standing up just to sit on another wooden seat in another classroom right down the hall or three buildings away.

Yes, he'd much prefer his bean bag. The thought alone was making him drowsy even, a yawn passing him with a careful hand covering his mouth.

His brother is very much in the same state - well was in the same state approximately 53 minutes ago.

Thunder's much more lively, according to Ais' observations for, again, the last 53 - now 54 - minutes. There was a glimmer of satisfaction and a clear hint of his pride shining under those erubescent orbs.

"Can't I be?" Thunder responds.

Curious, truly.

Quite a mystery even, for the ice elemental to deduct such a conclusion. Thunder had no idea as to how he thought so, only that Ais shouldn't even be able to see the smile on his face no matter how subtle because in the first place, Ais hasn't looked in Halilintar's direction for the last 55 minutes.

The former hums, the need to question himself now coming into the picture. "Mm... It's just sudden." Ais elaborates, "You looked pretty bummed out this morning."

Yes, indeed, the lightning elemental was in quite the grouchy mood. Although the emotion was barely visible on his face, the colliding clouds darkening as the day passed gave him away.

"Something happened?" Ais knew the answer would be a yes. He was perceptive enough to know as much... But what bothered him was his brother's mood.

Mood swings to be accurate.

He just knew, even without so much as stealing a glance at the older twin. Something's not right.

It could've been a mere wild guess on his part, but his instincts are telling him to dig out the truth.

Of course, it comes as a given that Hali may or may not get pissed with his prying, but it also comes as a given that he was Ais.

One of the only three twins among the brothers who Thunderstorm would actually not get mad at.

Right now, there's about one possibility, one scenario that could've lifted his brother's mood and Thunder has been silent for a bit, probably mulling over a decision between lying through his teeth or spilling the tea -

"I kissed Y/n."

"Ah." Figures. Ais snorts. He was right on point, as usual, a bloody smirk carelessly forming on his drowsy little face.

And out comes his outright commentary - "Instant serotonin boost, then."

He hears the other's "Tch", no doubt now dusted with pink on his cheeks as a knowing smirk of his own tugs on his lips.

His embarrassment is radiating off of him immensely, to the point Ais doesn't have to guess a conclusion anymore. But he needn't fret. The polar bear has long since known you would fit right into the picture.

... Oh wait, look.

This time, Ais does steal the older male a glance. The after-effects of his embarrassment was still there; his face flushed and all. But he sensed something new in the air around them.

"What's with that look?" Ais pried, mentally noting how absurd his usually cool brother looked flipping through the pages of his book and pausing every now and then to read.

But they were in Cinematics and Photography class.

"Is it safe to assume something big happened for your mood to swing with a mere tweak and pull a move like that; kissing Y/n right in front of Gempa who also happens to be our Student Council President?"

"..."

Ah, Ais was right yet again, hm? Judging from this silence alone, well... "So, something did happen -"

"I think I'm meeting her parents soon."

He blurted it out quickly - too quickly that he's biting down on his lip in realisation.

RIIIIIIIIINNNNNGGGGG!

The bell rang down the halls that second and Ais, for once, "Y-you...", was awoken from his drowsy state.

"HAH!?!?!?!??!!"

Thunder was already packing his bag, peeking at his schedule to see what remained of his next classes and whatnot... But Ais just sat there, a billion and one too many questions bombarding his head.

Already!? He gasped.
But Y/n - did she say yes??
Wait but if not -
Is it some sort of early meet and greet???
No, it only makes sense for Hali's panicking -

Ah. Panicking...? He got it.

The one explanation left to properly deduce this small little issue.

The almighty Boboiboy Thunderstorm, bad and most popular boy of the University, was nervous as fuck.

"EHHHH THAT'S TOO EARLY!!!!"

"I KNOW OKAY! NOW SHUT UP!"

It ought to suffocate him - Ais, too, had only realised how parallel his reaction would be if he were in Thunder's shoes.

"W-WHEN DID YOU TWO GET REAL SERIOUS!?!?!?!" Ais stutters, a mere inch far from falling off his seat; eyes blown wide with sheer confusion and astonishment.

Obviously, there are a few reasons why the latter was in so much shock.

One, it was the middle of midterms. There were projects to pass, tasks that needed to be finished, and exams to prepare themselves for with little to no time to spare for personal leisures.

Two, you hadn't given the boy a definite answer yet as far as everyone's been updated.

And three, to cut things short, "B-but I heard from Solar her parents are busy i-in New York right now!!???!?!?"

Hali, ever the tsundere he is, simply said "W-who do you think I am!? Y-Y/n must've mentioned me so now they wanna meet me!"

The memory is vivid in his head; how he got himself in the situation so carelessly.

So, so carelessly, even he, himself, was astounded.

"...Will you be needing a suit?"

"The hell Ice."

_9 days ago_

School was being a bitch. A bloody hindrance that dared to prevent you from sparing even a moment cut lose to breathe for the last few weeks.

Hour per hour, day by day, down to every tick of the clock on that familiar white wall of your classroom, you underwent what can only be described by students as midterms. The absolute hell everyone had to go through because it stood as the main qualification that will approve a person prepared to face the 'real world'.

What an excuse!

Your bloodshot eyes were hot and burning! All you've done for the last few weeks was battle stress in desperation of finishing all your tasks due to pass for finals. Everything was an utter mess, not even the genius of Cahaya could manage to keep up no more. Sure, he looked calm and collected as he should, but word has come from Gempa that the light elemental, himself, was slowly losing his shit.

A ton of homework and an endless checklist of projects due.

"Just bury me now, fucking hell!" You hadn't died yet but with all this bullshit you had to face, "We might as well just die now." Blaze spoke your mind for you.

Even the gang had begun worrying about everyone's health; most of every one of you hardly slept since the announcement of the last due dates.

Of course, Quake was on edge trying to cheer everyone up. But even through his encouraging smiles, the brothers and the gang spotted how tightly he, too, was trying to hold on.

"Fuck. That's it!" Solar sat up one breezy afternoon at the Cocoa Shop. A dozen pairs of eyes locked onto his figure, curious as to what the sudden outburst was all about.

Taufan had judged Solar lost it and damn was he right -

"Hand over everything you guys need done for the Sciences and the Maths. Everything STEM related! I'll create a powerpoint with every damn reviewer we'll need and get this shit over with."

It was a sort of last resort among the brothers, should they face this predicament one day. Apparently that day was today.

"Hah. So even the genius does lose his brains from time to time." Gopal commented, and Solar was quick to shut him down.

"Shut up or I'm not giving you any notes." Api snorted at the sidelines in amusement, prodding the light elemental to even give it a try.

"Ok ok! I'm sorry!"

Immediately, it was agreed to be the best course of action for the current situation. So everything needed for the STEM courses was listed down and handed to Solar. Meanwhile, Yaya had volunteered to create another powerpoint which will contain reviewers needed for the HUMMS and ABM courses. Ying was going to help her, she said.

And after just one night, one sleepless night, Solar passed out copies of the STEM-course reviewer he created while Yaya passed out the HUMSS and ABM-course reviewers another day after.

Even out of the battlefield, their teamwork was amazing.

But who said it was enough?

Even with the help of all those notes, everyone was still stressed. And the one deathly consumed by it, "Fuck, what was that again..." was you.

A day or two passed but nothing's seemed to change. You had tried to take a short break to ease your mind up, even just a little, but the headache wouldn't go away. As you stared at the equations and all of the important terms highlighted in the powerpoint, nothing made sense to you. No matter how hard you willed yourself to comprehend it, you were left sitting by your coffee table, pens and highlighters scattered about the little space, papers used and unused were stacked and rendered useless.

Everything meant nothing.

"Ugh, shit."

With haste, your hands reached to wipe over your face, tears staining the sleeve of your hoodie as you stood up and turned away from the table... Unconscious of the contact profile flashing on your phone's lock screen.

Exhaling heavily, you journeyed to the dining hall, a glass of water now in hand as you sulked on the counter.

It was such a mystery. You weren't some genius like Solar was, but you were definitely decently smart that the idea of not understanding a single thing from a lesson was dead foreign to you. You've asked Solar to help you review some days before as a refresher, then you had to ask Thunder and Ais and some of the others too but nothing! Nothing made sense to you.

You've never felt so dumb.

Your eyes well up. A sniff making you all the more frustrated that the sudden banging on your door has you jumping out of your seat. Peering at the window that allowed a full view towards the front door, you see two shadows under the setting sun. Realising the identities of the silhouettes, you stagger to clean your face of the tears that rolled down your cheeks and recomposed yourself with a small smile. "Just a sec!"

Solar and Ice stood at your door, plastic bags of what you had presumed to be snacks from the nearby mini mart hanging from their hands... Their phones lit up and both displayed their contacts app.

"Where were you?" Solar raised a brow. "We've been calling you on the way here, Y/n." Ice cleared up, and blinking twice, you recall your phone's been silent the entire afternoon.

"R-really? Maybe I didn't hear it." You lied. You had to.

Suspicious, yes, but the duo shrugged and brushed the thought aside smoothly, Solar excusing himself past you and walking straight to your kitchen to leave the bags at the counter. "We got some of your favourites." He announced. "Figured we could spend the afternoon studying here with you so we brought all these."

"Ah thank you. You didn't have to, though. I still have snacks from your last visit." You sweat drop, turning to the other male who escorted you back in, an arm over your shoulder as he closes the door with his foot. "We always bring food even if you tell us not too, Y/n." Ais deadpanned, carefully patting your head and parting from you to lounge on the sofa.

With the opportunity, and while they were both distracted, you pick up your phone from the coffee table. You're gobsmacked at the number of missed calls you got from the two boys; 76 from Solar and 65 from Ais.

And as to why you didn't hear even a single ring, you cringe at yourself for forgetting the phone was on silent. You figured you must've forgotten from this morning.

"Want a sip?"

You turn to the polar bear casually lounging on your sofa, his arm extended to you offering his iced cocoa. From the look on his face, it's either he's simply being himself, sharing his drink with you and all, or he's figured out something was wrong.

You could never really tell from him. His facial expressions don't tend to vary as much; definitely why he looks stone cold from a distance.

You'd have to be some sort of mind reader to know what he's planning.

"Sure, thanks." Taking the drink from his hand, you sit by him, not minding how the male's hugging your waist like a pillow. He must be sleepy after walking here.

"Still suffering BioChem?" He asks, icy orbs trained on the stacks of papers and books all over your table. A little embarrassed, you automatically scratched on your nape, looking away with the feeling that he's now looking up at you.

Sighing, Ais sits up next to you, patting your hair and eventually messing it. He waits for a reaction yet strangely, you can't seem to get mad at him for messing up your bun. He sighed then, as if he knew and continued patting your hair. "You'll finish it all soon. I have a few more projects to do, too. So it's alright."

You only sat there and stared at the ground, heart pounding. He was the ice elemental, yet for some reason, his pats felt so warm it was making you cry.

"The drink's yours." He says, leaning closer with a quick glance towards his brother still busy in the kitchen. With a quiet tone and eyes filled with worry, he whispers "You can always take a break, Y/n. Breathe and don't let the papers stack up on your head. You're smart, you'll figure it all out."

Eyes widening, you catch him smile at you and leave the couch. He pats your back gently, like the way someone does when comforting a crying person. But you pulled him back, fingers shaking on the thick cloth of his hoodie.

"H-how did you know?" That I was crying...? You asked softly, and the male wipes off the tear that escaped your eye. "Your sleeve is wet."

M-my sleeve...? Was it because it was liquid? That he was the ice elemental and was probably able to sense it??

Or it was plainly his observation?

You didn't know why, but you burst into tears the second he revealed his answer. He's hushing you, allowing you to hug his waist the next second and Solar perks up hearing the commotion from the kitchen.

...Just in time to hand you the warm bowl of soup he made to calm you down.

These two weren't here just to study with you, you realised.

They already knew from the moment you opened the door that something was up. And without a word, Ice went to investigate while Solar prepared you food.

They've grown on you, and you were a sister to them. Just that little tremble in your e/c eyes was enough of a clue to make everything so obvious.

They sat with you til evening, helping out with the rest of your projects while they were at it. And in no time, Solar's finished helping you with your BioChem project and it was time for them to take their leave. You would've asked them to spend the night over, but they, too, still had a lot to finish.

"We'll check up on you so don't put your phone on silent, princess." Solar bid his goodbye, kissing your forehead, with a last pat from Ais and he sends you back in saying it was already dark out.

And as you willed yourself once more to finish the rest of what was left, you find an anonymous piece of paper stuck between the notes of your Math notebook; a cheat sheet that's slightly been crumpled - a piece of shared information that was obviously passed around by the brothers.

_5 days later_

The boys checked on you fairly frequently as promised, especially those of them who shared the same schedules with you in class. There was the occasional study date invite by Ais to the café you hung out at on campus; Blaze tagging along when Duri and Taufan are busy being tutored by Solar and Gempa.

And of course, Thunderstorm never allows himself to fall behind. Even discreetly, he'd check on you every chance he gets. He still picks you up after each of your classes and assures you had proper breaks before the next class. You had to scold him once for nagging too much, but you didn't exactly mind it at all.

With your parents still busy, currently in New York, and your Aunt busy enough handling 7th Heaven, you had to count on looking after yourself. It was nice having all these friends looking out for you for a change.

Yaya even baked you some cookies but we all know how that ended.

That was until a new and very late project was posted up the boards, bright, blinding yellow highlighter making the words "DUE: DECEMBER 8" pop out.

December 8...? You wondered, standing side by side with the taller figure of the earth elemental. T-that's... two days from now.

"What the hell..." You tug on the roots of your hair, the golden brown dye already fading after all this while not having the chance to visit the salon.

You stare at the document on your screen, white and clean. It shouldn't be so clean.

You curse in your head, laying it on whoever thought it was a good idea to post a Research Paper to be due exactly only two days after.

"A research paper!?" You remember Thunder sneering at the bulletin board, the paper in his hands crumpling to a pitiful, little ball in pure anger. "A fucking 5-chapter-research-paper in only two fucking days!?"

He stormed into the office that afternoon right after seeing the post, Quake rushing in after him before he could burst - asking if it were possible for the date of submission to be moved because fucking hell, even Solar - the smartest kid in your entire university - had admitted that creating a 5-chapter-research-paper from scratch due in two days will most certainly be the death of every student in their batch.

And Gempa, even as the Student Council President, couldn't do anything when the admin declared the submission was already fixed.

Sighs of distress and disappointment echoed through the walls of the university, word spreading fast about the "Research Paper Tragedy".

No one from your batch found it amusing, or daring, or even enjoyable of a challenge. Rather, it was "A nuisance! An utter nuisance! How the fuck does anybody think a full 5-chapter-paper can be accurately created within two - TWO, GODDAMN DAYS STACKED OVER 14 OTHER REQUIREMENTS NEEDED TO BE DONE!!!"

And I quote, Solar. The genius, himself.

"I say we all fail on purpose so the grade won't be counted."

Everyone turned to li'l Daun, verdant eyes filled with no hint of mischief despite his casually joyful tone. In fact, beneath that wide grin, he was downright serious about it.

It was a jump off a cliff with little to no assurance that there will be a platform to save them below the ridge.

"That's suicide." Thunder remarks, his arms crossing in disapproval. "Say we all went for it. Will the admin actually give the batch another chance? This is Finals. There won't be any turning back - it's not like high school, Daun. Re-takes aren't a thing here."

Quake is throwing the lightning elemental a look, a surprised one at that. Then again, he was the eldest when he wasn't around. It was only proper that he was also being responsible for their youngest. Besides, it was the same when they stood on the battlefield.

"Hali's right." Quake finally spoke up, his approval earning a few frowns here and there.

But Ais wasn't exactly satisfied with just that. "Can't you do something?" He stared at the earth elemental, eyes cold as he waited in his seat.

"Yeah? How about you? Weren't you elected vice or something?" Blaze poked at the older next to him, earning a simple shrug from Ais. "Gem's Student Body Pres. - his position's higher. I got no say even as VP."

Gempa sighed, shaking his head at the twins. It was disappointing. He should make use of his position in the council but it appears not even he can turn the tables. "I already spoke with the Dean... They're pushing through with the submission date."

W-what do I do...?

"-n?"

You sat there, pondering of the near future. As a student who genuinely didn't enjoy research, this was a huge disaster. An undeniably hopeless, HOPELESS, disaster!

"-ey Y/n?"

Who the hell even made research a requirement for all strands?? Not everything will be revolving around stupid research papers, you were sure! You were damn, fucking sure!

This can't be happening... You can write a decent research paper, sure. But in two days? Hell.

I'm screwed. I-I'm so screwed.

"Oi, Harley! Wake up!"

You suck in a breath - the sun's setting, you realised. And every word the seven boys had just said went through one ear and straight out of the other.

All of them carefully observed you. Thunder and Solar being the closest to you at the moment, have seated themselves on either of your sides, ash and cerise still and set.

"Y/n?" You turned to the earth elemental knelt down to your line of sight. Curious, yes, but generally, those aureate orbs were worried.

"A-ah, sorry."

You needn't be - Quake wanted to say. He understood - they understood - your abrupt silence. Your fidgety fingers. Your stiff shoulders and your... Lost eyes.

Who wouldn't be upset in this situation? No one. No one wanted this.

"I-I think I gotta go." You say, but those weren't the words they were waiting to hear. You could tell, just looking at their expressions. But it's all you could do.

Escape.

"A-auntie called me earlier. S-so... I gotta go."

Swiftly, you pick up your bag, shrugging of the hand that's been steadying your shoulder and off you went jogging down the street and crossing the pedestrian lane, running out of their sight before they could stop you.

With little hope, your act could've pulled through... But the septuplets weren't so dense. Everyone felt the same way. Everyone was dreading those two days.

"We better check on her later." Thunder had murmured to the light elemental, eyes tracing the last street he saw you running on, phone clutched in hand.

"She's strong." Solar mumbled, looking back at the older with a stern expression. "She won't break just because of a research paper."

Ah, that's right...

Thunder nodded, putting to mind the statement. Solar was your best friend and within the year you've both gotten so close, he knows everything there is to know about you. If he says you'll be alright, best they believed him.

"Yeah... You're right."

...

Except, he wasn't.

The light elemental didn't know everything.

・・・・・

Drip... Drip... Drip...Plop!

You grab the towel hanging on the steel bar next to the mirror, drying your face.

Thud... You stagger back to your living room, inch by inch, slowly and steadily under the shadows.

Papers crumpled on the floor.
Pens and highlighters left uncapped and drying in the open air.
You couldn't see the other stuff you trashed, only the ones lit by the brightness of your laptop's screen.

It was blank, the document you left open. The cursor just blinked at the end of the third paragraph you were able to type. It wasn't even finalised nor anywhere near conclusion. It was just three measly paragraphs.

12 hours had passed.
Only 36 hours left.
You had written the Introduction... And two paragraphs for the Background of the Study...
That's it.

T-that's it... I'll.. fail.

Drip...

"Damn it!"

Sniffling, your fist bangs on the keyboard, an indecipherable word being typed into the document.

"Think, damn it, think - ugh!!"

The cut on your wrist stings, a dark, thick fluid leaking onto the glass table from your forearm.

You let it be. There was no need to tend to the wound. I-I have to finish it.

You've set your mind on finishing that stupid research paper no matter how hard you'll have to rack your brain, even if you stayed up for the next two days, you told yourself you were going to finish all five chapters.

"Think, you bitch, think!!!"

The glass cracked, impaling the flesh of your outer palm to bleed - the liquid seeping through the rifts and dripping onto the carpet underneath.

You watched it without waking, staring at the hazardous moment without a care in the world.

"Haha..." You even laughed.

The moon was bright, a sore thumb amongst the glittering stars. They shimmered like fairy dust with attracting beauty over the city of Rintis Island. But you paid no attention to it and complimented the blood oozing from your torn skin instead.

"Pretty." You whispered.

Not bloody enough to your liking, something - somewhere deep inside you, instructed you to squeeze on the flesh - drip - prying the blood out and making it bleed, and bleed, and bleed till it stained your clothes.

Through bloodshot, welled up eyes, a smile graces your lips at the sight of the crimson liquid spilling onto the table, the papers, the floor - onto you.

He should see this.

A moment to seize for the price of excitement! A moment to distract you in exchange for torment.

That's probably what came into your head that second; a moment so beautiful, you just had to show it off.

"Y/n??"

A gasp.
E/c irises expanded under the moonlit crime scene.
A voice, begging to break free.

"What time is it? ... You okay??"

His voice was groggy on the other end of the line - your phone, you realised - he was obviously woken from his sleep.

I-I called him...?!

"H-Hali...?"

In horror, you pull the phone away from your ear and right into view.

00:13 and counting.
It was a call.

"Y/n??"

I-I.. W-why did I?

Thunder sat up, throwing the duvet off his body as he listened. He listened.

...

Silence.

"Y/n?" He calls out again. "Hey, what's wrong??" Distress laced his voice as he ruffled his hair, wiping the remaining sleep off his eyes.

He sneaks a glance at the clock on his desk, 03:32 am, it said. His brows narrowed - it confused him even more.

"Y/n what's going on?"

Your pupils shook, mouth parted but no words came out. Not a sound resonating the void. But a warm sensation, a single tear, wakes your hallucination.

"I-I'm sorry -"

"What?? Y-Y/n?!"

... It beeped. You had already ended the call.

Sorry? He wondered, zoning out before the brightness of his phone. W-what is she-?

And he realised.

"SOLAR!!!"

The thuds from the other side of the corridor woke two people in the house as Thunder yelled and banged on the light elemental's door.

"YOU SHIT OPEN THE DOOR!!!"

Quickly, though perplexed, Solar leaves his desk and swings the door open, "Jeez, what time is it? What in the world are you -"

Rough hands gripped on his shoulders, the petrified expression of his twin shutting him up before he could say anything else.

"We gotta go!" Grasping his wrist, Thunder dragged him out of his own room. "W-wait what's going on -"

"Y/n called, come on!"

Y-Y/n?? Solar's brows furrowed - dread coursing through his veins. At this time of the night???

"HURRY UP!!" Hali yelled, and dear lord he didn't have to repeat himself.

When you came into the equation, no one had to tell Cahaya twice. Abandoning his beloved science for your well-being was one of his top priorities. ALWAYS.

Fists tight, his expression changed - a flash of light, particles collapsing - posthaste into action and the next Thunderstorm opens his eyes, "Quick, we're here!" they stood on the concrete sidewalk; a lamppost flickering to his right. His younger twin madly knocked on the front door of your house, and he rushes to his side.

It was an ungodly hour in the middle of the night - "Y/N OPEN THE DOOR!"

"Lamp shut up! The neighbours will hear us!" Yelling like this out in the open - "It'll cause a bigger problem. Just teleport us in!"

Frantically, Thunder placed his hand on Solar's shoulder, urging him to move quickly. With his command - and deducing that breaking down the door was a bad idea - the twins stood paralysed at the entrance of your living room.

The place looks stormed - trashed and in shambles and worst -

"B-blood?!"

The sight of the scarlet liquid smudging all over the floors, the table, and even the books and papers drew them mad.

It looked like a bloodbath.

"Y/n! What the hell happened?!" An instant in and Thunder's throat dries; the lump choking him to stone. "Y-y/n -"

"Snap her out of it!" Solar instructed, sprinting up the staircase to the far side of the unlit room.

And immediately, Hali is knelt to your side, "Y/n, it's me!"

He shook your figure, cupping your cheek where he found stains of tears, a trail still fresh, he knew! He just knew!

"Why didn't you say anything before?"

You've been quiet all afternoon, even in class as you sat next to him in Math. Mr. Papa was busy giving a refresher up front for a past lesson in preparation for midterms but Hali couldn't lend him his ears as his attention was driven on you.

You stared at the board, pen tapping, fingers scratching on the book on your desk, eyes wide and empty.

He couldn't be wrong, you were extremely bothered and he didn't wish to be right with his assumptions.

Subtly, almost unnoticeably, your eyes began to focus on him; making out his distinctive features - those vermilion eyes - and a ray of life wakes you up with a jolt.

"Thunder!"

Frantic, the boy is puzzled and greatly confused - you pushed him. "Y/n, what the he-"

"I'M SO-RRY! I'M S-SORRY!"

"Y/n wha-"

"I-I'M DOING MY BEST! I MEAN I-IT!"

It took a moment, What is she...? Hali's stunned on the ground, deep in thought as he tried stitching the pieces together as he observed your movements.

The projects? No. There was more to it -

A trashed site with blood in the scene... What was the crime? And who, especially in this abrupt situation, is the criminal?

Hali already had a guess... But he can't quite say that you were a person of weakness for the thought to come into action. But maybe he also overestimated you.

No.

Simply, he just didn't know everything about you yet.

The blood on your arm... He had just noticed how intricate the cuts were. They were aligned, parallel down a ladder to your elbow joint. They were too cleanly done.

"Fuck..." His mouth dried as he watched your form crumble on the floor, the shadows draped over your shoulders like a prison from hell.

The crime was murder.
And the criminal was you.

It was attempted suicide.

The papers - the project! S-she'd go that far...?! You felt hopeless.

Scarlet fury in the dark as he looked back at your trashed coffee table, the document remained untouched, unfinished in your laptop. Hali frowned, his frustration from this afternoon starting the furnace to burn once more in the pits of his stomach.

"Tch!" You've fallen so deep away from the light, you no longer possessed the will to look up and seek out hope.

"Y/n, listen to me." He knelt before you, well tried to. "I hate this!!" But he froze, startled, searching in your eyes a conscience he sought to awaken... But found none.

"I HATE IT! I HATE IT!!" Pain, severe agony laced through your voice, a sob consequent to your faltering demeanour.

Hali didn't know what hurt more for you, the mental wreckage dealt to your worked up brain? Or the deep cuts lined across your once smooth skin?

He couldn't quite tell right now, no. But for him...

Hell, it hurt seeing you so... lifeless. Your once shimmering, e/c eyes looked so lifeless - he hated it!

He approaches you again, determination clear in his expression as he fought off your hammering arms and held your shoulders, looking you dead in the eye, with a grit of his teeh. "Stop torturing yourself!"

"Torture?" You asked, somewhat amazed that's how he saw the situation. It's true - you recall the male doesn't exactly give a shit for the cause of his grades but for you? You can't be too careless. Not when...

N-not when...!

Laughing, you showed him your bleeding arm, squeezing it angrily with a frown. "You think I'd go this far, for torture?!"

His lips pursed, waiting to hear the rest from you. Waiting to see what information he could grasp so he could help you.

"I have to finish it all!" Came your outburst, a hand slapping his wrist away as you trembled. "I need to finish it! It's all I can do!!"

All you could do?? He wanted to ask yet zipped his mouth for truly there must be something more going on -

And as far as he knew, and could remember... "No one's pressuring you to do this shit Y/n -" There shouldn't be anything or anyone putting such bricks on your shoulders.

Expectations and familial pressure? He knew there was no such thing in your household! With how carefree your spirit walked this earth, There shouldn't be...

Ah but there is a price to pay for everything. For nothing comes uncostly.

Perspective. "It's because NO ONE is pressuring me!!!"

N-no one..? Hali stammers, ungloved hands loosening on your arms.

It was perspective he became insensitive to notice. As brothers who grew without the presence of their parents they... They were heedless to the kind of perspective, the kind of pressure that you, yourself, had put upon your shoulders.

The L/n couple. They were parents to impress, as honourable as their titles suggest. Oh, but they credited you in every aspect, a medal, a certificate, everything grand down to anything simple - they recognised it. You were lucky; lucky they weren't the strict, greedy kind. And you could never wish for better parents. That's why...

A harsh sob makes you tear up yet again further alarming the male who waited patiently to hear your cries. "Y/n -" He held your hand.

"No one pressured me..." But you cut him off, allowing him instead to interlace your fingers. "... And I'm grateful that's why... T-that's why I-I.. Try my best in re-turn..."

You didn't wish to fail them, to make them think they had been wrong to leave you in independence. You wanted to show them, that despite their being away from you all too often, you were capable of showing them you can shine just as bright without their guidance.

"No one ever expects anything.. They just say.. That I must do what I can." Your voice croaked, silent and hoarse - contrary to the loud footsteps thudding down the staircase.

"And as a college student, this is all I can do. Endure and persist."

Your tears were warm on your skin, but there's something warmer and of more comfort against your cheek.

You meet his erubescent orbs eye to eye, subconscious to the fact that he was actually here, in this unsightly hour, before your wrecked figure... But it didn't seem like it was a problem bothering him this late because once again, he understood you.

Wiping your tears away, a gasp leaves you when the boy lifted you up like a feather and seated you in his lap.

For a while, although Thunder was aware his brother was most likely confused on the edge of the stairs, he doesn't let you escape his grasp. He held you, tightly and with assurance, a confident grip that allowed you to hide in his neck as he combed through your hair.

His silence was abrupt, but the gesture was well appreciated; it was everything you just needed.

"Y/n." He spoke in your ear, hot breath waking you from another lonesome trance. Thunder was careful, both with his actions and the words he chose. "The fact that no one pressured you is reason enough for you to stop beating yourself up over this stupid shit."

You don't respond, caught quite bemused, that is, but he continues; an elaboration you didn't think you'd need, spilling from his heartfelt praise.

"Your parents never once told you, you had to be on top right? So I'm sure, just doing your best is already more than enough for them. And if this is your best, then it's alright, too, because you already made the effort, Y/n. I'm sure that's all they'd want..."

You fist on his shirt, the realisation crystalline clear that you felt embarrassed - embarrassed that you lost yourself and went blind to a fact that should've been so damn obvious.

And you freeze, shocked with his concluding statement, a whisper so silent like it was to be heard and meant only for you.

"... If this is all you can do, it's more than enough. Just like for me, Harley... I'd never ask of you to become more because you're already everything I'd ever want."

Like fire, your anguish was silenced by the tranquility brought from waters - a sincere and caring comfort shielding you from whatever sin you had ought to commit moments ago.

Bursting like a dam, your tears fell, no longer afraid to taint your image, fresh and hot but in comprehension, you only felt Thunder's warmth.

It was a heartwarming sight, Solar had to admit. His dearest bestie has finally found peace. A part of him was jealous it wasn't his doing - that he wasn't the man you were clinging onto right now - but he finds it fitting. If you were happy, then he's happy.

If he hears wedding bells, then he'll be ready.

Up on his feet, he taps on his brother's shoulder, lifting the kit in his hand with a gesture. "Let's get her cleaned up." He says, smiling fondly as he reaches to pet your head; earning a surprised gasp from you as if you hadn't noticed he was here all this time.

Thunder nods, cradling your face in his palms, kissing your forehead with a gentle boop on your nose and you flush.

"Come on. You're still bleeding." His reminder causes a twist of your head, down towards your forearm that reeked of dried blood. Horror sent a shiver up your spine, lips pursed in the grandest of distress - hence the conclusion you may have lost yourself in the midst of that incident.

"H-how long have you -" Stuttering in his presence was hard to deal with, not to mention you hadn't noticed him at all, and knowing him he'd most probably -

"You'll be alright." But Solar only grinned, despite the worse case you had imagined. "We'll always be right here, princess."

He grinned like a ray of light, a hope you can grab onto in the darkest of times. Lucky.

Lucky, you had these two boys with you.

・・・

Nturally, the brothers heard about the occurrence the very next morning - Cahaya and Hali receiving an earful from their granddad for waking up the entire household and for leaving without notice. But it wasn't all for nought, the twins later agreeing to spend the next night at your place to keep you company. The idea was beneficial for both parties; the brothers could take care of you and you can ask them for help with your remaining tasks.

... And the situation lead to Quake writing an official request for reconsideration regarding the Research Paper's submission date with the concern that the entire batch can no longer keep up with all the requirements.

・・・・・

Legs crossed beneath your coffee table, pens and highlighters scattered across its glossy surface - the crack inlaid upon it no more than a mere decoration now - papers messily stacked with a few crumpled pieces here and there. All of which were results of your further procrastination in surviving midterms... Then finals too, before you can finally taste your semestral break.

"Wait, wait." You breathe, pen scratching on paper. "So Fnet can be substituted by the given, 4T, which stands for the four thrusters of the engine?"

Opposite from you, "Mhm..." Halilintar nods, book in hand whilst he scanned through the pages of his book in search of a certain formula.

He was listening though, you were sure with the way his eyes had flicked over to your notebook for a second when he hummed.

Continuing, "Then... I'll just transpose it with the given weight, cancel out 4 from both sides, divide that shit and..." You grab the onyx calculator sitting next to your cup of hot cocoa, steam simmering above the liquid despite leaving it to sit there for the last 46 minutes. Better than coming back to it cold, you supposed.

You punch in the numbers left of your formula; this one, goddamn formula you'd been trying to perfect ever since you got home.

It frustrated you badly, the numbers just didn't seem to fit no matter the amount of times you had tried solving it over and over again. Not to mention Solar was busy with his own tasks and couldn't leave campus just yet to handle the Science club so you decided not to stress him further and kept quiet.

Then your doorbell rang along with your phone pinging with a text message, its contact profile all too familiar with that lightning emoji. "Open up. I brought Cinnabon.", it read.

Seeing the male at your doorstep put a smile on your lips. He was literally a regular at your house now, just coming and going like he lived there, much like how Solar does.

And with him, came the rain, its sound easing your headache. It was comforting enough to keep you sane through the info-overload. A nice little break before rebounding to start all over for finals.

Hell of a week, but not the fun kind, sadly.

"4,628 meters per second squared." You mumble, gaze shifting over to the male sitting across you, pen bitten between his teeth as you await his words of approval.

This is your 9th try and all that trouble just to master one goddamn formula.

Swiftly, his crimson irises scanned through the numbers and equations you've written, thorough and just he went, expression hardly changing those few, silent seconds. Wordless as he checked your work, you almost presumed it was another failed attempt.

Please tell me I'm right, please tell me I'm right, please tell me I -

You fucking prayed to whatever god there was that could spare you from any further academic suffering - should there even be a Math god it'll do damn fine too -

Well, "Bingo~", Thunder applaudes, a sing-song ending with a pleasuring smirk, his proud eyes the only proof you could ever pray for to know of your success.

"FUCK YES!" You rejoice, jumping off the floor and swinging your body to a soundless mini break dance, the sudden burst of emotion etching a smile on Thunder's lips as he watched you in amusement.

"Yaz motherfucker! No one's gonna stop this bitch, not even a fucking math equation, nu-uh!" You cheer, discarding of the now, useless pieces of paper doodled with multiple failed attempts to the formula, throwing them in the air like some oversized party poppers.

Halilintar laughs, pen tapping on the glass table as his eyes followed your figure. Just this overly jovial sight of you was making him all giddy inside, like a storm of butterflies would come bursting out, a generous amount of fuchsia sprinkling on his cheeks.

Oh, the things he'd do to see you this happy all the time~

"Good job, Harley." He adds to your celebration, twirling the pen in his hand as he turns back to his book, flipping a page and - Eh! - the pen drops onto the floorboards.

He visibly jumps at the rewarding kiss on his cheek, body rigid as he felt your arms locking around his neck, the scent of your brand new shampoo exquisitely fragrant from the proximity.

"Thank fuck you're free today!"

Snuggling in the junction of his neck only made him frozen like a statue. The loosened strands that fell from your bun was tickling him but he couldn't dare move a muscle.

If his face was all pink earlier, then he's all red like a bloody tomato now.

Oh, but you're not having any better fate. Your face was just as red as his - burning bright, a scarlet flush that resulted from your delayed reaction. But who's to say neither of you liked it? Neither of you, obviously.

But who's currently functioning better?

You.

"You're all red, Hali!" Yep, and Thunder's going to suffer your teasing for a little bit longer than he'd like.

"L-like you aren't!" He backfires, averting his gaze like an angy wittle kitty as he crossed his arms.

How adorable he was~ Very much so that you're pressing a giddy kiss on his cheek once more. "So cute~"

"I'm not cute!"

"Sure li'l kitty."

"Shut up, Harley."

"Shut up, Harley." You mocked him.

"You copying me now?" He lifted a brow, poking at you and you playfully feint biting his finger so he'd retract it back. "You copying me now?" You repeated.

He stares at you, amused and high-key ecstatic, almost as if you weren't just bawling your eyes out and bleeding all over the floors the previous day.

"You can be weird sometimes, you know." He finally says after a few moments just staring at each other.

"So?" And you retort at him. "You still like me anyway."

...

Hic -!

If that was just you playing along and joking with him, he didn't know. Did you even realise what you just said? Hell, Hali didn't even know what to say. His sly and confident self was crawling back in his introverted shell as he blushed yet again, head turning away in utter embarrassment.

But it's you who's gone silent right after when he decides his next words to be "Yeah I fucking like you, you weirdo."

He could be so docile sometimes, so harmless, you wondered. And it was cute, but he'd deny it if you say it out loud.

You stare at him, watching how his lashes flutter when he blinks, how his lips purse the more he blushes, and you lay your chin on his shoulder with a funny little thought.

"Hey, if I kiss you right now, will you kiss me back?"

"WHAT?!"

You felt him jerk back, cheeks as red as his eyes whilst he stared at you, searching in your eyes a hint that you were merely playing with him; only waiting to see his reaction before you go teasing him about it.

Is she fucking serious??? That curious look on your face couldn't be mistaken, hell nah.

Tch. He gulps, "N-no I won't.", averting his eyes in hopes of recomposing himself before he lost it.

Your jaw fell open, eyes wide in surprise with his claim and a further sense of nosiness striking you.

"And why not?" You pried at him, nudging him gently. "Wouldn't you like that?"

Hali was going nuts, you just couldn't see it! "T-that's not it!" He was sweating and his brain was working a full 110% just to come up with an appropriate answer before he blurts out anything that may cause you a misunderstanding. "Then what?"

But god, fuck!

Nothing more came to mind but the mortifying truth just hanging at the back of his mind.

And it's exactly what he says before he could think it through.

"If I kiss you, I don't think I'll be able to stop."

E-eh!

You blush, your silence consuming him.

Was it too greedy of him? Was it not allowed? Maybe he went a little too far ahead?? Was it too much to ask that it were just him and you, happy with not a damn thing to worry about? It'd be his long-awaited paradise, the perfect cure to his life-threatening mentality. The only cure to his scarred soul.

You wanted to tell him it was alright to be greedy... That you consent to it, that you'd allow it. However -

"H-how about a break, Harley?"

The male was quick on his feet, marching off muttering something about being cold so he'll be in your kitchen making himself his own hot cocoa.

Was it too much? You both wanted to ask. Yet it was simply another question that'll have to wait. You were both comfortable, anyhow. Nothing too awkward in the air so neither of you thought to bring it up again.

Neither of you needed to ruin this comfiness.

・・・

Calm, moonlit skies, starlit galaxies come alive. And out of billions and trillions of stars out there, Thunder only needed one.

"You."

"Pfftt."

"What's so funny, hah!?"

Even through the dark, you see him pouting with those flushed cheeks, his arm loosely wrapped over your back whilst you laid over his chest; the shivery cold of the night urging your bodies to stay close.

"You sound so cheesy!" You giggle at the flustered boy, laughing quite delightfully, Hali could've sworn to take his words back.

A fine, chilly, night for two souls hopelessly in love.

Carefully, you shake your head at him, giddy, still, but you take in the sight of his entrancing vermilion eyes. To an enemy, they'd look menacing, cunning, and unforgiving. They'd cower in fear just at the sight of it. Merciless, the proud vanguard of the elemental septuplets.

But as bloody red as they looked, they were simply beautiful in your eyes. They were soft, gentle, and always looked so lovingly your way.

Oh, but truly with all damn honesty, before then, when you knew nothing of one another when the only connection you had was through your best friend, his brother, if you had to state a description...

His eyes were dull. Lightless, lifeless! There was nothing in them but utter despair and constant anger. You'd only ever see them light up just a teensy bit when he's with his brothers.

"He looks so dead inside." You commented to Kaitlynn in the middle of munching on a burger for lunch. The septuplets' table was only a few steps away.

"Sure, but a lotta girls still want him. Hell, every girl wants him... Probably just not you though." Kait says, not even bothering to bat an eye on the comment as she finished her salad.

"How could anyone even fall for such a quiet guy?" You pushed, earning a raise of Kaitlynn's brow.

"Uhm, cuz he's hot." She points out, literally saying 'isn't it obvious?' Expected answer, not gonna lie. "And for some reason he's just crazy handsome although he shares the same face with six other guys."

You stared at her, brows crashing together with a squint of your eyes.

"What??" Kait raised her hands and you cringed at her right in the face.

"Seriously, what is it with you girls falling for a guy just cuz he's hot or handsome? Good looks ain't everything, Kait."

You were damn right though. There was always something more than just a handsome face. There was a beating heart waiting to unveil its darkest secrets under that lifeless gaze.

And ironically, your statement was proven through the guy every other girl had been simping on and sadly couldn't have.

"Don't you think Quake's easier to approach?" You stared at Kaitlynn, who then nods almost too immediately. "Yeah, bitch, honestly. I mean, Student Council President! But gurl, I heard he's already taken."

"He is so shut up Kait."

Jeez, even your friend could be easily fooled with the simple stuff. Such naivety.

Delicately, your fingers brushed through the male's hazel locks. They felt so silky and easy to comb through - you have to ask him what his shampoo was one day.

Thunder merely watched you play with his hair, an arm draped around your waist as he held you.

"It's really sweet, though." You managed to blurt out, a hint of pink glowing on your face, an ever-curious gaze falling from the male. "And it's more endearing how you don't actually have to say it cuz I feel it from the way you're looking at me."

You giggle at him in the dark, watching how his half-lidded eyes slowly showed signs of lightheadedness. He's getting sleepy.

"Guess I'm just lovesick..." He admits. "You had too much coffee, Y/n."

Thunder laid his head back on the couch's armrest, not even caring if falling asleep then and there would give him neck pain tomorrow morning. And your fingers combing his hair wasn't helping. He knew to himself he'd fall asleep without warning at some point, and maybe then you'd still be talking, not knowing he had already gone to slumber.

But it was obvious enough that you caught on quickly to the situation and let him shut his eyes and get his dose of rest. "Sleep if you're tired, Hali. I don't mind."

"Mm..." A soft hum came from him and he shifts, hoisting you up further on his chest so he could hug you like a pillow, a quiet and husky murmur being the last thing he could whisper before finally falling asleep. "Night... Y/n."

Smiling at him, you feel the urge to giggle and settled with a kiss on his cheek just as you made yourself comfy. It's the quiet, wordless moments like this you sometimes wished for. No words to be exchanged, just the assurance that you felt each other's presence.

"Night... My Hali."

・・・

"...Will you be needing a suit?"

"The hell Ice."

"I mean her parents are famous and everything... You should at least be presentable."

"That's what I said. Y/n told me to just wear what I usually wear and I'll be fine."

"Well if she said so then it's fine I guess."

...

"...You know my size right?"

"Mm... Black coat, white undershirt?"

"Yep. Thanks, just in case."

"Gotcha."

•• ⋞───━━━ ••𝕊𝕊𝕂•• ━━━───⋟ ••

I'm back!
Finals was hectic af but we're on a break right now so I finally got a chance to update.

Next few chaps are gonna be all fluff! ❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.2K 904 100
❪ 𝗕𝗖: BOBOIBOY ELEMENTAL FT. READER ❫ ❛ y/n: i'm single. you're single. you know what does that means right ? | thunderstorm: yeah. we didn't meant...
7.5K 267 18
Being in a family of septuplets seems fun and all, But it may be a complete chaos. This is the story of the Elemental septuplets-their life, adventur...
42.2K 1.8K 29
Boboiboy, Rintis Island hero and a new girl in town? It was love at first sight. Boboiboy were quick to make her his. He doesn't want anyone touching...
15.1K 589 18
"Adventure time!" you are BoBoiBoy little sister and your journey begin with your big brother, BoBoiBoy and his friends. [Please read disclaimer befo...