Animal Cutie (Hunter X Hunter...

By Cute_And_Sweet_Candy

(Y/N) (L/N) has a power that she had since birth. The power to imitate any animals. It would be fine to (Y/N)... More

Information & Notes
Chapter One : Departure
Chapter Two : The Hunter Exam
Chapter Three : Phase One Part One
Chapter Four : Phase One Part Two
Chapter Five : Phase Two Part One
Chapter Six : Phase Two Part Two
Chapter Seven : Adventure in the Airship
Chapter Eight : Adventure in the Airship Part Two
Chapter Nine : Phase Three Part One
Chapter Ten : Phase Three Part Two
Chapter Eleven : Phase Three Part Three
Chapter Twelve : Phase Three The Fifty Hours
Chapter Thirteen : Phase Three Part Four
Chapter Fifteen : Phase Four Part Two
Chapter Sixteen : The Final Phase
Chapter Seventeen : The Assassin's True Desires
Chapter Eighteen : Kukuroo Mountain
Chapter Nineteen : Saving Our Dear Friend
Chapter Twenty : Killua's Family
Chapter Twenty One : Reuniting with our Friend
Chapter Twenty Two : Unexpected Event
Chapter Twenty Three : Heaven's Arena
Chapter Twenty Four : Nen
Chapter Twenty Five : Awakening
Chapter Twenty Six : Gon's Punishment
Chapter Twenty Seven : Innocence and Jealousy
Chapter Twenty Eight : Understanding
Chapter Twenty Nine : Blackmail
Chapter Thirty : Payback
Chapter Thirty One : 200s Class Matches
Chapter Thirty Two : Nen Aura Types
Chapter Thirty Three : Gon vs Hisoka
Chapter Thirty Four : Return of Rivals
Chapter Thirty Five : A Day With Each Other
Chapter Thirty Six : Jealousy
Chapter Thirty Seven : Sick
Chapter Thirty Eight : Falling In Love
Chapter Thirty Nine : Sudden Disappearance and Appearance
Chapter Forty : Advice
Chapter Forty One : Decisions
Chapter Forty Two : Gon's Ending
Chapter Forty Three : Killua's Ending
Chapter Forty Four : Kurapika's Ending
Last Animal Cutie Author's Note

Chapter Fourteen : Phase Four Part One

29.6K 787 614
By Cute_And_Sweet_Candy

~Chapter Fourteen : Phase Four Part One~
~Start~

**********

After all of you reached the trick tower's base. You were all send outside, meeting the warmth of the sun once again. There were twenty-five applicants who passed the exam's third phase.

Then, a man who have too-big-for-eyes glasses and has a pink mohawk for a hairstyle.

"Ladies and gentlemen. Congratulations for passing the third phase of the exam." He said. "There is only the fourth phase and the final phase left."

"Two more..." Hanzo muttered.

Then, the man, who you assumed to be Lippo, pointed the small island behind him. "The fourth phase will be taken there. At Zevil Island. Let us proceed." He said as he snapped his fingers.

An assistant walked near Lippo, pushing a cart of some sort. "I will need you to draw lots."

The applicants started to whisper. "Lots?" One repeated.

"For what?" A guy from behind, who you think is named Pokkle said.

"To determine who will hunt and who will be hunted." Lippo said as he pointed to the box on the cart. "In here, we have twenty-five cards. In other words, your ID numbers are on the cards."

"Now, I need you each to draw a card." Lippo said. "In order by which you exited the tower. So, will the first person come forward?" Lippo said.

People looked to know who was the first and stopped when Hisoka was moving forward and drawing a card. Once he got a card, he returned back to the crowd.

Then, the next one is the applicant that have nails stuck in his head. Then, the ninja guy and so on and so on to the point it's almost your turn.

While waiting, you and Killua heard gon spoke up. "Hey, Killua, (Y/N)?" He said.

"Hmm?" You both said as you both looked at Gon.

"When we said "To determine who will be hunting and who will be hunted", does that mean we have to fight each other?" Gon asked.

"Probably so..." Killua said, moving forward as it was his turn.

"Well, in my opinion, "Fighting" isn't the word that fit. More like "Hunting"." You smiled as you move forward after Killua draw a card.

You put your hands inside the box and searched the nearest card you can find. Once you did, you grabbed it and pulled it out. You looked at it and noticed it was blank. You shrugged and went back to the crowd.

Atfter a few seconds, after Tonpa, the last applicant to draw a card, finished, Lippo spoke up again. "I assume everyone has taken a card?" Lippo asked. Nobody answered so Lippo took it as a "Yes". "Then, remove the seal from your card."

"Oh, there's a seal..." You thought. "I didn't noticed. I thought it's all blank..." You thought as you put your hand at the side of the card and pulled the seal off.

89

You looked at the number on your card, confused. "Who is #89? I don't recognize this number at all..." You thought.

"That number indicates your target." Lippo said.

Everybody began whispering and hiding their plate numbers. You sweatdropped. "How can I find my target when I don't even know who is this?" You thought but sighed. "Well, I'll just be happy I didn't pick one of my friends." You thought.

"This box has just recorder everyone of the card you each drew." Lippo said. "This means you're free to dipose you're card if you want to." Lippo said.

"The objective is to steal your target's plate number tag." Lippo explained.

"Oh, So we don't have to kill each other." One of the three brothers said. Probably the younger one.

"Naturally, you're free to do anything to obtain your target number tag." Lippo added, making the guy scared.

Then, Lippo raised three of his fingers. "Listen carefully! Your target and your own ID tags are worth three points. All the ID tags are worth one point. You need six points to advance to the final phase." Lippo explained. "So while on Zevil Island, you need to gather enough ID tags to total up to six points." Lippo added.

"That is the condition for clearing the fourth phase of the hunter exam."

**********

You were all now riding a boat with a woman serving as the guide for the remaining applicants. You kinda felt bad for her to keep speaking but nobody seems to be listening to her. Then, finally she just leave after realizing how awkward the whole boat is.

You sighed and stood up to find anything to do. But before that, you turned to Leorio and Kurapika. "Hey, Leorio, Kurapika. I'll go explore the boat, okay?" You said.

"Sure, go on a head but be careful." Kurapika said, looking up to you and smiling slightly.

"Yeah. Be careful, you might run into the person who's targetting you." Leorio reminded you.

You smiled. "Yeah! I'll be careful!" You said as you ran away.

While exploring the ship, you were taking your time looking at the blue sea. Your eyes sparkled as the beautiful blue sea lightly splashed on the boat.

You gave it one last smile and continue on exploring the boat. Then, after some time, you stumbled upon Gon and Killua. They looked at you and stared back.

You smiled and walked over to them. "So here's where you guys are. I was wondering where you both are." You said sitting down beside Gon. "So, what're you talking about?" You asked.

"Nothing really." Gon replied.

"Oh..." You said as you looked to the direction where they looking and stared with them.

The three of you were enveloped in silence until Killua decided to speak up. "So, what numbers did you both draw?" He asked.

"How about you?" You and Gon asked.

"Secret." Killua said as he put his hand on his cheek.

Then, again the three of you were back to the silence. It wasn't actually comfortable but it's uncomfortable either. It was the normal silent where people ran our of things to talk about.

Then, suddenly, the need to laugh popped out of your head and when you just can't take it, you giggled. For some reason, Killua and Gon laughed at the same time as you.

"Don't worry." Killua reassured while smiling. "None of you is my target." Killua said.

"My target isn't you two either." Gon said.

"None of you is my target either!" You said.

"How about we show are target at the same time?" Killua suggested.

"Okay!" You and Gon agreed.

You pulled out your target's card as Killua and Gon did the same. "One, Two, Three...Go!" You all said as you all showed your card.

You and Killua's eyes widen as you saw the number of Gon's target.

"44? Isn't that..." You said.

Gon nodded. "Yeah. Hisoka." He said.

"Seriously?" Killua said. "You really have a bad luck today..."

"Ehehehe..." Gon giggled. "You think so?" He said as him and you looked at Killua's card.

"Who's #199?" Gon asked.

"Oh, you don't know either?" Killua said. "I have no clue who this is... I didn't bother remembering each one of the applicants numbers. How bout you (Y/N)? Do you know who's #199 is?" He asked.

You think and snapped your fingers. "As far as I can remember, it's one of the "Umori" brothers! I just don't know which." You said and trailed off. "They're names are similar to each other..."

Killua smiled and turned to you. "Whoa! Seriously!? Thanks (Y/N)!" He said.

You smiled. "You're welcome. Anything for a friend." You said.

Suddenly, Killua slowly sulked. "Oh, I see..." He muttered.

You tilted your head, confuse on what you said to make Killua sulk.

"(Y/N)? Who's #89?" Gon, suddenly asked.

You turned your attention to him. "Ah, I don't have any clue...Do you guys know?" You asked.

Gon shooked his head, signaling he don't. While Killua sighed. "Sorry. Doesn't ring a bell." He sighed. "It's kinda frustrating when you helped me with mine but I can't help you with yours." Killua said.

You smiled at him. "We can't really help it. You're Killua after all!" You said, giggling.

"What is that supposed to mean!?" Killua yelled.

You were about to answer when you heard Gon's hard breathing. You turned to him. "Gon? You okay?" You asked, concerned.

He was smiling but his sweating buckets and gripping his hand tightly. Killua looked at him and smiled. "Gon." He called.

Gon snapped out and turned to Killua. "What is it?"

"Are you happy or scared?" Killua asked.

You were actually pretty curious on what Gon will say so you leaned in slightly. Gon looked up as if thinking. "Both...I guess?" He answered.

"In a straight-up fight, I wouldn't stand a chance but if I'm only gonna steal his ID tag, I have a real shot." Gon explained.

You smiled and so does Killua. "Yeah." Killua said.

Gon grasped his hand, tightly. "Right now, I might actually have a chance. That scares me a little..." Gon paused but continue. "...But it's worth a try."

"I see..." Killua said as he stood up. You and Gon looked up to him. "Well, let's do our best." He said as he grabbed his skate board and walk off.

Then, he stopped and looked behind his shoulder. "Make sure you both stay alive, (Y/N), Gon." Killua said as he continued walking off.

"Uh-huh! You too, Killua!" You and Gon said as Gon gave a thumbs up.

As Killua figure were no longer seen by you and Gon's eyes. You slowly stood up as well. "Gon, I'll give my best of luck to you, okay?" You said. "So you better pass this exam!" You said and scratched you cheek slightly with your index finger. "And hopefully I do too..." You added.

Gon smiled at you. "You bet!" Gon said. "I'll definitely pass this if (Y/N) gave me her luck!" Gon said.

You blushed slightly and smiled. "I see..." Then turned around to walk off. "I'll go now!" You said, waving and ran off.

"Bye!" Gon yelled.

**********

Finally, two hours have passed and the boat finally reached the Zevil Island's surface. The lady from earlier came out again and explain everything. She explained that all of the applicants has one week to collect ID tags that total up to six points.

"Okay! May the first person move on?" she said, holding a stopwatch.

Hisoka stepped forward and entered the trees. When he was no longer seen and the two minutes have passed, the second one stepped forward and so on and so on.

When it's finally the twentieth person, Kurapika. "Bye, Kurapika! Good luck!" You said.

He smiled and waved at you before entering the forest as well. When twenty-first person was Killua waved at the two of you. "See you." He said and entered the forest.

And finally, it was your turn. You waved at Gon. "Bye, Gon!" You said as he waved back.

**********

Once you entered the forest, you started running around in hope to encounter your target. After a while with no people to see. You sighed and sat down beside a tree.

"Ah~ I'm getting nowhere!" You said. Then, something landed on your head. You looked up to see a squirrel. You smiled and get it down from your head.

"What is it, Mr. Squirrel?" You asked it and listened carefully.

""You should not give up" you say?" You said as you giggled. "Don't worry! I wont give up!" You said as you pet it's furry body.

It rubbed it's head to your hand, as if comforting you. You put it down to the ground and stood up and try to find your target once again.

After a while of searching, you're suprised to find someone, searching. A guy that's for sure. You quickly hide in a nearby bush and watched the man carefully.

He's not wearing his ID tag so that leaves you two assumptions : his ID name tag is already been taken away from him and his searching for it or he's just hiding it from the one who will target him.

You were about to leave the guy alone since you don't know if he's you're target or not but your eye caught something. He turned around and you saw something fell from his pocket. You widen your eyes as you saw what number is.

#89

You smiled and about to get it but quickly hide back when the man turned around again. He seems to have noticed that his tag has fallen from his pocket.

"Of course, it's not gonna be easy. Don't get your hopes up, (Y/N)." You thought to yourself.

"Oh, almost lost you." He said as he grabbed it and walk off.

Despite the looks off alertness on his face, he seems to be a pretty clumsy person. That, you take note off. You slowly got to your feet and follow him while hiding along the way.

**********

It's been a while since you were following this guy which seems to be your target and suprisingly, he haven't noticed you yet.

The sun already had setted and the whole forest is all dark. You're was struggling to see through the dark while you're not bothered by the dark at all. This is all part of your power, even though you're not using it, you can still see through the darkness.

Finally, you've gone tired of following the guy. You mentally sighed for being too busy following the guy instead of thinking a plan to get the ID tag.

Then, you widen your eyes and looked around. You mentally face-palmed. "Oh! Duh! I can use the darkness!" You thought, scolding yourself. "I can see but he barely can! Gosh, (Y/N), why didn't you think avout this before!?" You thought.

"Well, no time to think about that..." You thought. You jumped into a branch of a tree and jumped to another and another while following the guy.

You threw a rock at near his shoe, which suprisingly distracted him. Then when he looked down, you found an opening and quickly jumped from the tree and quickly got the ID tag from his back pocket and quickly ran away.

"Hey! Wait!" He yelled, finally noticing you just got away with his ID tag. He attempted to ran after you but you made cat ears and tail appear to you, activating your powers and jumped from a tree and to another until you can't sense him anymore.

Once you can no longer see or sense him, you jumped from the current tree your standing on. You deactivate your powers and leaned on the tree's trunk and sighed, swiping the sweat away from your forehead. "Well, that wasn't bad as I thought it would be." You said, smiling and looked at the ID tag you just stole.

"I'm just gonna wait six more days without my ID tag being stolen and prevent myself from losing my target's." You said to yourself and stretched.

You yawned. "I'm going to search for my friends tomorrow!" You said to yourself. "But first..." You started and climb the tree and layed on the highest branch. "I'm going to sleep first!" You said as your head and closed your eyes.

"Sleeping here looks risky but, Oh well!"

**********
~End~
**********
A/N :

Okay! Finished it as fast as I can! I promise my best friend that I'll update today as fast as I can! Sorry, girl, I didn't put much romance in this! I know this doesn't seem to have that much romance but please bare with me! This is the hunter exam! It will have a lot of romantic scenes later!

**********

Awesome new people who got candies :

• pixi-chan
• amirlowut
• MaFlorenciaCruz
• Chi_Amaya_Takabashi
• StephanieHwang7
• monamie7
• hxh-allie
• CutieCute_Cute
• fireflies1980

Everyday! New people makes me happy everyday!

**********

Comment Responses :

fireflies1980 (Chapter 13)
= First comment : Lesson learned (≧∇≦)
Second comment : Totally!

_Forever_Fan_Girl_ (Chapter 13)
= Here you go!

pixi-chan (Chapter 13)
= Thank you! Glad my Brad result made you laugh!

SnowandMusicLover (Chapter 13)
= Aww, thank you friend!

OreoStoriesWithAnime (Chapter 13)
= first comment : *Nods in agreement*
Second comment : *tilts my head in confusion*

AlliahZoldyck (Chapter 13)
= Thank you! That made me happy!

**********

**Please Wait Patiently for Chapter Fifteen**

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.4K 400 25
After a terrible incident occurred when she was younger, it has left her with most of her childhood memories gone. But that doesn't mean she won't ge...
1.5M 48.5K 73
Korudo is a 12 year old girl who has grown up in a world of mistrust. She covers her trauma with jokes, and teasing. She can't take anything seriousl...
154K 8.1K 35
❝𝖨'𝗆 𝗆𝗈𝗋𝖾 𝗈𝗋 𝗅𝖾𝗌𝗌 𝖺𝗇 𝗎𝗇𝗉𝖺𝗂𝖽 𝖻𝖺𝖻𝗒𝗌𝗂𝗍𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝗍𝗈 two 𝗇𝖾𝗇-𝗎𝗌𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝗍𝗐𝖾𝗅𝗏𝖾-𝗒𝖾𝖺𝗋-𝗈lds❞ ! sequel to what (bsd) J...
6.1K 221 10
In which strange girl that goes by the name of Y/n L/n takes the hunter exam in hopes of giving her life meaning or a suitable partner to end it with...