Destined

By pdimitriou2726

His blank face was devoid of any emotion, his green cold eyes, the eyes of a predator, were taking me in. "Do... More

Prologue
Don't Make Promisses You Can't Keep
"Don't Run, Callida, I'll Catch You"
I Will Never Ever Be Yours
Next Time You Offend Me, I Won't Be That Nice
"Couldn't You Learn To Love My Child?"
„I Don't Have To Understand Anything"
"Save Our Child"
"You Are Mine"
„Do I Have A Choice?"
„I Am Not That Cruel"
"Sick Truth"
" A burning Stare"
„You are intriguing"
"You Can't Blind All Men"
"Still There"
"I Have To Warn You"
"We'll See About That"
„No More Dodging The Decision"
"One Step At A Time"
Small author's note
"Who Is We?"
„I Hate Him More"
SHE DOESN'T WANT YOU!
" No, Don't"
„Time To Move On"
"From dusk till dawn"
"He Was So Beautiful"
"Don't Get too Cocky"
"There Was More To It"
"Your Testimony Should Be Really Good"
"Can A Dead Man Walk?
A Painful Death
"Your Replacement"
"Let Us Go Now"
"I Went To The Gate"
Callida's Quest
"You Are Lucky"
"Something Dangerous Is Coming"
"Choose"
"Mo Anam Cara"
"Leggðu frá þér byssurnar"
"Upon My Word"
"This Man Was Really Sick"
"More Answers To Be Found"
"Simply A Better Version..."
"Save Your Destined"
"Let's Have Fun"
"NOBODY Intimidated Yrina"
"The Silent Killer"
"No Beheading Today"
"Nefaria"
"An Unwanted Surprise"
"Harsh Realization"
"Stuck Up In His Head"
""DON'T DO ANYTHING STUPID NOW"
"You Have To Let Go"
" A Cunning Smile"
"Not Now"
"Tonight It Ends"
"The Lord Of Desa Will Be Gone"
"Promise Me"
"Not So Brave Anymore, Huh?"
"Perhaps You'll Hate Me Afterwards"
"I Delayed The Inevitable"
"Who Are They?"
"I Love You Too, Ceallach"
"Never Met A Girl Like You Before"
"A Challenge, That will Change Our Lives"
"We Sacrificed The Humans To Save Humankind
"This Is ...Incredible
"When Will I Meet You?"
„Perfect Soldiers And Strong Working Slaves"
Epilogue: The Power of Love
A new journey starts

"No regret, no remorse"

1K 57 7
By pdimitriou2726

Helplessly I had to watch, how Gaisgeil pounced on Amarin, who only grinned mockingly, like he knew something, we didn't. He WANTED the fight. ...no ...he longed for the fight. What did he aim for? Kill my destined? Theos, I had to stop this madness. But how? How should I stop two raging, incredible strong creatures? I was outmatched,  clearly not in the right position to force my will on them.

From a safe corner I watched, how Gaisgeil threw his whole weight on his opponent, his fist raised to land a powerful punch. It went straight to Amarin's jaw, whose head snapped back, his whole body smashed into the wall behind him. He groaned painfully before he collapsed. 

A dominant roar shook the four walls we were in. Gaisgeil stood above Amarin, watching down on him, baring his teeth, his sharp fangs on display. „Not so tough and big-mouthed anymore, huh?" My destined laught full of malice. My body shuddered, my cold skin shivered. This was a life-threatening moment. Although I was scarred to death, I inched closer, against everything MY human instinct told me: to run and never come back. 

„Gaisgeil... please, stop, let me explain", I pleaded. For an instant I saw his back stiffen, as he halted in his moves. Slowly he turned around to me.

What I saw made me question, if I had indeed dug my own grave. This creacure in front of me looked nothing like than the man who was my destined, who opened up to me in the past few weeks. This creature was a full fletched Creachadair who gave into his instinct. Had Amarin destroyed everything we built up with his cruel plot?

Gaisgeil stalked in my direction. My legs nearly gave in. I couldn't move. Closing my eyes, I waited petrified for his blow. In lightning speed he had his hands on me, engulfing me in his strong arms. His nose trailed my neck and collarbone up and down...until he stopped in his tracks. I stood still, even avoiding to inhale. 

He took a big whiff of my smell. Halting again. His head rose abruptly. I saw surprise in his animalistic eyes. Slowly recognition and understanding surfaced on his facial features.

„You...", he cleared his hoarse voice. „You are...a virgin? I can't smell a male on you!", he concluded amazed. His fangs retreated back into his gums. I exhaled silently.  

Mortified I looked away, my cheeks heated. What does the state of my virtue had to do with anything? Although embarrassed and angry, realization dawned on me. 

Oh....oh...he thought, yes, he thought Amarin was my lover. Theos help me with his possessiveness. It will be the death of me. 

Despite Gaisgeil obviously gaining his control back, my heart thundered of fear.

Nonetheless the easing of the situation, my heart pounded like a drum. l put my hands on Gaisgeil's chest, caressing his muscles over his leather attire. His hands with his outstretched nails still hold me in a firm grip. I knew, I had to do something, that would confirm his possession - me!

„Yes, I am yours, yours only, no other man touched me. I am only yours," I cooed, like he was a little child who needed confirmation. Everything in me felt cramped by my words. I felt bile in my mouth and my self-esteem crumbled...but this was an extreme situation that needed extrem measures.

„Mine, not his, MINE", Gaisgeil growled. I stroke his shoulders soothingly. „Yes, only yours", I reaffirmed. We watched each other, both assessing the damage, that was done. Gaisgeil closed his eyes. „Sorry, I am so sorry, Callida", he muttered. „How will you ever trust me again?" 

„Take you filthy hands off her", a deadly voice from behind us threatened suddenly.

We both froze. Gaisgeil gave me a reassuring stare. „Do, as I say, no questioning", he whispered. He was back, I saw it in his eyes, that looked „normal" again, his emotions and intelligence showing in his orbs. „Slowly walk to the door, don't look back, open the door and go", he demanded with an unknown seriousness that astonished me. 

He knew! He knew by primal instinct, that Amarin was an evenly matched opponent. Oh Theos! Frightened I nodded, pacing noiseless to the back of the room, near the door, like Gaisgeil wanted. But...I couldn't leave...I simply couldn't leave him to his destiny. And Amarin? I didn't want him to die either. But this was a hopeless situation. One of them would not leave this room alive.

Gaisgeil and Amarin stood stil. They both estimated each other, Gaisgeil with a provoking smirk on his lips. My destined was surely a master of intimidation, but I had seen Amarin's hybrid form. I would never forget his teeth. Teeth, that he wanted to sink into my destined. My knees nearly buckled under my weight by a sudden nausea.

I crept to the door, my hand on the handle. ...... Suddenly, I knew, what I had to do. 

In a rush motion I tore the door open. „Help, help, intruders in the castle, please, help", I shouted as loud as I could, my lungs rebelling against this vocal abuse. „Guards, Aodhan, anybody, come, please." 

I turned around, watching the scene unfold in front of me. Amarin transformed into his menacing hybrid. His jaws revealing his deadly teeth. He tilted his head slightly, a smile on his face. 

"SURPRISE!", he called out, like this was a happy gathering to celebrate someone's birthday

I stiffened at the door. Amarin was out to kill, his message clear as day. Even though my mind screamed "Go, stupid, save your life", my heart countered "Save your destined, save also Amarin". But what was I to do other than wait for help?

„Not so tough and big-mouthed anymore, huh?", Amarin mocked Gaisgeils with his own words. I watched my destined's reaction, but to my surprise he kept calm and composed, which irked Amarin to no end. The smile on his face faded. 

"Let us end it here and now. You are the plague of Desa, cruel and unfeeling, you are a breed that isn't worth to lead the land." Again, my destined suprised us both. He watched his enemy undisturbed but didn't make a move to attack. 

Amarin's eyebrows furrowed, his lips in a thin line. "And you are not worthy to be Callida's destined. I would be so much better." We both saw Gaisgeils reaction to this: He fisted his hands until his nuckles turned white, a low growl rasonanted. 

Amarin smirked satisfied. "So, the beast has a heart...", he chuckled. His face turned alarmed suddenly. I wondered why, until I heard it too: thundering steps coming our way. Oh Theos, at last!

Gaisgeil's head bent slightly to the right, his eyes meeting mine. When I recognized the resolve in them, my eyes widened. 

Amarin glanced my way, his face a mask of urgency. "Callida, please come with me, we will meet with the resitance. We will fight and we will win. He can't hurt you there. One day we will strike back and..." 

The next thing I grasped was the gurgling blood, that sprayed out of Amarin's mouth. His astonished face ... the unbelief. His eyes blinked a few times rapidly ... than faltered. His hand went out to me. "Callida", he whispered, regret the last emotion in his eyes, before he fell. 

I woke up of my stupor. Rushing by his side I saw the damage: his throat was being cut. Desperately, Amarin took his last painful breaths, than stilled. Even in death his aquamarin beautiful eyes showcased his unbelief. I knelt beside his dead body. 

Gaisgeil! How...did he do it? He was so fast, my human eyes and brain couldn't understand...How did he kill him?

Hesitantly I got up, my shocked eyes searching my destined. There he stood, in the middle of the room  with crossed arms, as if nothing happened, his face blank and emotionless. No regret, no remorse, no...nothing.

As I eyed him, I realized the dagger he held in one fist. He saw where my stare was glued.

"I told you, Callida, nobody takes what is mine", his voice stated calmly.

If you forgot - Theos is the Greek word for God. This chapter was a bit gruesome, I know. There won't be much of it in the coming chapters. Amarin is dead, but there will be more enemies... If you liked what you read, please press the star. Danke, obrigada, ευχαριστώ, merci, grazie!  You'll make me very happy.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

189 15 12
It's a story about a young indian lady "Lily Gupta" who just turned 21 and she's ready to enter her dream university in paris but fate has already de...
1.5K 462 14
🏆Round 2 Qualifier🏆 Princess Aurelia, better known to her friends as Aure, has led a comfortable life in the kingdom of Geldery for as long as she...
233 34 10
*WATTYS2018 Longlisted* He saw a pair of eyes, his eyes. But they were elongated, angled and a deep, angry red... Thame is, on the surface, an avera...
3.6K 161 33
Growing up in foster care never knowing who his real parents are or where he comes from has always been hard for Kason especially with his mind and b...