Stuck In The Past (Yuki Sohma...

By bon__bon_

One night, you decided that you wanted to run away. You snuck into the kitchen and stuffed a banana, some bre... More

1
2
3
Short 1
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
Short 2
13
14
15
16
17
Short 3
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
30
Short 4
Announcement

29

1.5K 53 16
By bon__bon_

It was finally the day.

Your class was handed yellow headbands and everyone headed outside.

All classes were wearing their gym clothes, which consisted of a plain white t-shirt and navy colored shorts with a white stripe going down on either side.

Everyone was with their own classmates, wearing their assigned color headbands.

The sun was scorching down on them on this cloudless day. Thankfully, you had a bottle of sun screen prepared.

"Hey, let me have some of that," said Uotani. You squirted some into her hand.

"We should've had black headbands," said Hanajima as she tied her yellow headband around her head.

"There aren't even any black headbands," said Kyo.

"I only see red, green, purple, blue... ooh there's pink!" said Tohru as she observed the other classes.

(Fyi, the pink headbands were Kimi's idea.)

"Well, the school should incorporate black headbands next year. You can never go wrong with black," said Hanajima.

"Well, she's not wrong," you said as you tied your hair up.

"Y/n! Tohru!" It was Momiji and Haru. They were heading your way with their orange headbands on.

"Momiji-kun! Haru-kun!" exclaimed Tohru.

"Yo," said Haru.

"Hey," you said.

"I'm so pumped right now! I swear, our class will come up on top as number 1!" said Momiji as he playfully swung at the air.

"I wish you luck!" said Tohru.

"Thanks, Tohru!"

"Don't wish them anything, Tohru. You're part of our class, not theirs. We'll be the ones taking first place," said Kyo with a determined smirk.

"Oh yeah? We'll see about that, kitty," said Haru with a blank expression.

Kyo glared at him. "Mark my words, we'll beat your class fair and square!"

"Oh wait, did you notice?" asked Momiji, changing the subject.

"Notice what?"

"We have headbands the same color as your hair!"

Kyo stared at him with a perplexed eyebrow raise. "So?" 

"And we have the same color headband as your hair as well, Momiji-kun!" said Tohru.

"Haha! You're right!" said Momiji.

"Everyone, please get to your class's stationed areas!" announced Kakeru. He was standing at the front with a megaphone in his hand.

"Good luck, you guys!" said Momiji as he and Haru left.

You and Tohru waved back.

"Welcome to our school sports festival! The sports festival is a competition for all the classes from the first to the third year. The better your performance is in each game, the more points your class gets. The class with the most points wins," explained Kakeru.

"But... to make things more interesting, we decided to include a grand prize for the winning class! Drumrolls please!"

Suddenly, a drumroll sound was played over the speakers. Kimi walked out carrying something with a cloth over it.

She removed the white cloth, revealing what was underneath. "The winning class gets a picture of Yuki, our school's one and only president, prince, and idol!"

In Kimi's hands was a stack of pictures with Yuki shown on each of them. Everyone cheered excitedly.

Your jaw dropped at hearing this. You then felt an ominous aura radiate from next to you.

You turned your head to look at Yuki, who was sitting right beside you. He looked like he could kill Kakeru at any given moment.

You got scared whenever Yuki got seriously angry, because he didn't yell or make a scene like Kyo did.

He would always rage in silence and look like he was brewing up a master plan to assassinate someone.

The first event was the ball toss game, where you get as many balls as you can into the baskets attached to tall poles.

At the end of the event, your class came in fifth, which wasn't a bad start.

The next event was the headband collecting, where you tried to steal the other teams' headbands.

Since Yuki and Uotani were part of it, your class came in first.

The next event was the obstacle course, which was Kyo's time to shine, but you noticed Haru was running for his class.

"On your mark, get set..." Every one of the participants were lined up behind the start line. "Go!"

Kyo and Haru sped off, leaving the others in the dust. The crowd went wild.

"Yes Kyo! Go get em!"

"Don't let him pass you!"

"Whoo! Go Haru!"

"Keep your eyes up front!"

Tohru took in a deep breath and yelled as loud as she could. "Go Kyo-kun!!!"

In the end, Kyo ended up taking first place with Haru at second. You weren't sure if it was because of Tohru's cheering, but either way your class was rapidly climbing the leaderboard.

Next was the sack race. Since your event was going to be right after, you decided to get some water.

You went to a water fountain nearby. It was so refreshing to get a cold sip of water in this intense summer heat. Suddenly, you felt a familiar touch on your head.

You glanced up to see Yuki. "You here for water too?" you asked as you wiped your lips.

"Just making sure you're okay."

"I'm alright. Just trying to stay hydrated before my event. Don't wanna miss out on the grand prize," you said with a snicker.

"Ugh. He's dead meat when this is all over."

After your drink of water, you headed back with Yuki. You found that your class placed fourth for the sack race.

"Everyone participating in the relay race, please get to your positions!" said Kakeru.

"Do your best out there!" said Yuki.

You playfully winked at him. "I always do!"

You went to the other side of the track with Uotani. She nudged your side with her elbow

"Nervous?" she asked.

You gave her a nervous half smile. "Kinda?"

"Don't worry! You've got this in the bag! I've seen you run in gym class. You're basically the fastest girl in our class!"

"Yeah, but running the last lap puts a lot of pressure on me."

"You know what? Don't even think about it. Just imagine everyone that's watching are potatoes."

You laughed at hearing this. "Potatoes?"

"Yeah! I'm telling you, it does the trick!" She leaned over to look at you. "How bout now? Feeling a bit less nervous?"

"I guess."

The gun went off and the guy in your class sprinted off at a steady pace. He ran around the round part of the track and headed towards Uotani's direction.

"Well, I'm off!" she said as he handed the baton to her. She darted off and moved up a few places as she went.

Woah! She's fast!

As she got closer, she got ready to hand the baton off to Kyo. Right when the baton hit his hand, he sprinted off.

You saw this and went into ready position. He passed a few people as he came closer and closer.

Everyone's a potato. Everyone's a potato. Everyone's a potato. Everyone's a–

Before you knew it, you felt the metal baton land in your hand.

"Go!" encouraged Kyo.

You bolted away with the baton in hand. You didn't see anyone else get the baton before you did. That meant, you were currently in first.

You couldn't let the others down. You had to win this. Suddenly, the sound around you was fading out and you felt light headed.

Huh? What's happening?

"Y/n!" It was Yuki. You could hear his voice loud and clear. "You're almost there! You can do it!"

You then pushed yourself even more. Even though the heat was making it way harder, you zoomed past the finish line.

Everyone cheered and you collapsed onto the ground with a tired smile. Your classmates surrounded you.

"Y/n, are you okay?"

"That was awesome!"

"You were so fast!"

You sat up, sweat dripping from the sides of your face. Yuki dropped down to a squat and tapped a cold water bottle to your forehead.

"You did amazing, Y/n."

Kyo came over and offered a hand. "Get up. We won."

You smiled. You took his hand and got to your feet.

The next event was tug of war. Everyone in each class was to participate in this game.

At the end of the game, your class ended up with third place, while Momiji's class had first. This put a large dent in Kyo's pride.

The last event was the scavenger hunt. It was where each player was given a piece of paper and they had to find whatever was written on it.

Yuki was representing your class. He was given a piece of paper. He looked at it and went out into the crowd and dragged Kyo out to Kakeru.

"Here is our first person! What does it say on your paper?" asked Kakeru.

"It says 'Your friend's boyfriend'," said Yuki.

You watched as your classmates got excited.

"What!? Kyo-kun's dating someone!?"

"No way! With a personality like his!?"

"Unbelievable!"

You laughed as you saw Kyo get mad and flustered at the same time.

Yuki was given another piece of paper. As others brought in their finds, he went into the crowd once more.

He dragged out your class's homeroom teacher.

"My paper says 'The oldest person you know'," he said.

Everyone burst out into laughter as Ms. Shiraki got mad at Yuki.

Yuki was given his last piece of paper. This time, he looked a bit troubled at seeing what was on it.

He went into the crowd. He came closer and closer, until he grabbed a hold of your hand.

"Huh?" You got up and followed him up to Kakeru.

"Here is our president, the first to arrive with his last find! Say, what does your paper say this time?" asked Kakeru.

Yuki paused. He hesitated, but he read it out loud.

"'Your crush.'"

Everyone in the crowd went ballistic.

***

After counting all the points, your class ended up coming in first place and as promised, the Yuki pictures were handed out to every individual.

"Your class may have won the battle, but we won the war!" said Momiji with evil laughs.

"Ha! You wish! You guys came in third place!" said Kyo triumphantly.

Then, you heard yelling in the background. You spotted Yuki grabbing Kakeru's collar as he begged for mercy.

"So that's why you were taking so many random pictures of me!"

"Please forgive me, Yun Yun!"

So many people came up to you asking about your relationship with Yuki. You couldn't take it anymore, so you quietly slipped out of the crowd and escaped to an isolated area.

You sat in the shade as you avoided the sun's uv rays. You stared at your picture of Yuki. He was looking at the camera with a confused look on his face. 

Then you heard footsteps approach.

"Seriously? You got one of those too?" asked Yuki as he sat down beside you.

"What's so wrong about it? You look great!" you teased.

His face went red. "Flattery will get you nowhere." He then pointed to himself. "Besides, you've got the real deal right in front of you."

You two talked on and on and before you knew it, you lost track of time. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

70.9K 1.9K 52
Ami was a part of the Sohma family because of her mother but her mother never liked her family and left home. Ami's mother always told her the story...
224K 7.2K 95
Sato Sohma is the love child of Kazuma Sohma, the Sohma martial arts dojo master. He raised her on his own, teaching her along side the zodiac child...
761 4 19
Sakura Suzuki is Tohru Honda's best friend and rich big sister figure her entire life. Like Tohru, Sakura lives out on her own, with her, not bother...
165K 4K 45
"So, you like drawing rats?" "I guess, from all the animals, I like drawing the rat the most" Mizuki Hirose, foster sister of Tohru Honda. Afraid of...