Midnight Neighbor | 18+

By akawaiiisan

♤♤ MATURE CONTENT warning ♤♤ • • • He's charming. He's handsome, hot as f*ck, talented, charismatic. People h... More

|| summary ||
0|| Disclaimer
1|| You're like, ancient Soph
2|| Negligence
3|| Unaware
4|| Her ignorance
5|| Familiar
6|| A Shocker
7|| Disbelief
8|| It will end in tears
9|| Realization
10|| Game
11|| Olivia
12||Harrassment and Assault
13|| Fail Safe Plan
14|| Risky
15||For his Sanity
16|| Conflicted
17|| Overreaching
18|| Shameless
19|| Blessing
20|| Undercurrents
21|| A Memorable Night
22|| Only for you
23|| Drive you wild
24|| Behind The Scenes
25|| Starved
27|| Interrogation at its Finest
28|| Dangerous urges
29|| Insatiable
30|| Snake (part 1)
30|| Snake (part 2)
31|| Unease
32|| Honesty
33|| Assumptions
34|| Bad Memories
35|| Who is that Woman
36|| His Persistence
37|| Unforseen Changes
38|| Banter
39|| Burning Curiosity
40|| Petrified
41|| Undercurrents Flow Once Again
42|| Unbelievable
43|| Oversight
44|| A Small glimpse is Enough
45|| Recklessness
46|| Show me
47|| Accidents and Confrontations
48|| Say it
49|| Exposed
50|| First Impressions Last
51|| Two Truths and a Lie
52|| Always Two Steps Ahead
53|| Silent Wars
54|| Then comes the Fall
55|| A Gift
56|| Contempt
57|| Hurt people
58|| Importance
59|| Quite the Scare
60|| Making Plans
61|| Her Dominance -Shortlived
62|| Angst
63|| Theft of Joy
64|| Uncertainties
65|| Under Pressure
66||Miranda
67|| Motherly Woes
68|| Blame
69|| Bittersweet
70|| Priorities
71|| Art of Gathering Information
72||Cater to You
73|| Keep a Secret
74|| Love so Pure
||Content With You {MN extras 1/?}
||Content With You {MN extras 2/?}
|| Her neighbor {MN extra 1/?}

26|| Much too Impulsive

19.1K 578 566
By akawaiiisan

Unedited
• • •

"What are you doing here-"

Marcelo spoke with a short laugh, not hiding his surprise. He felt his lighter moments later but didn't bother pulling it out from his pocket as he walked to greet the man dressed and poised in a suit, standing aimlessly.

The other man who stood in the long deserted hallways of the hotel froze upon hearing footsteps. He then whirled around, looking just a surprised after facing Marcelo.

"-Jiho?" Marcelo continued with a raised brow.

Jiho, who was caught off guard, quickly gathered his bearings into the now upstanding man he was then he faced Marcelo. He pursed his lips before speaking, eyes snapping to the device in his hands that Marcelo hadn't bothered to look at.

"Marcel-" Jiho replied, his voice was barely above a whisper. He debated on what to say but came up blank, ignoring the question entirely.

Jiho...to but it simply -was annoyed.

Annoyed was putting it slight, he was more than annoyed at this moment. Jiho was irritated beyond belief.

For context, it took an entire hour of him pacing around in his apartment, thinking and debating with himself whether or not to say 'fuck it' and go find Marcelo. In the end, he ignored that fine voice in his mind and succumbed, marching out and easily finding out where Marcelo usually resided. Utilizing his already deep contacts.

'I'm only going for my compensation, nothing more' Jiho convinced himself over and over while driving. Did it manage to keep those fine voices at bay? Not really. Yet he did it anyway.

Nothing could've prepared him for the traials and tribulations he had to face after finally reaching that destination that wasn't too far from where he lived. The sheer amount of minutes he had to spend in one spot, standing around and waiting for the bastard. At first he was sure and 100% convinced that Marcelo was inside, staying silent and not opening the door just to take a piss at him but then it became very apparent that Marcelo was simply nowhere to be found.

To make things worse Jiho couldn't even try to contact the man through calling because it seemed as if that man never had any phone on him whatsoever.

Jiho always felt he was the most unprofessional one nowadays, however Marcelo easily took that cake. Swiping it off the table with quick and nimble fingers.

"You...Richardson," Jiho continued, hurling out Marcelo's surname like an insult.

"Yes," Was Marcelo's quick reply. "I?" he walked forward, not stopping until he was close enough to Jiho, planting that disgustingly sweet smile on his face.

"No phone?" Jiho was biting back just as quickly, "At your big big position, at your big age?"

"Oh," Marcelo raised another brow, hands in his pockets, "You were calling?"

Jiho went to nod then had to pause before doing so. He didn't like Marcelo's tone or the look in his eyes. His voice was patronizing yet his eyes seemed all knowing. As if he knew Jiho would've come around.

Jiho sucked on his teeth. Had he been that predictable?

Jiho thought for a few more seconds then shook those thoughts away before they began disturbing his inner peace, "As a matter of fact...I did call."

"Oh...? For what reason?" Marcelo tilted his head sideways. Jiho had to admit, him doing that with a cigarette in his mouth was distracting.

Marcelo eyes widened a bit as he took a once over of Jiho, then it was as if a lightbulb went off on top of his head, "Wait...are you really here to take up on my offer?" He was suddenly smiling again, cheshire cat-like.

His hand came up as he took a few steps forward, Jiho quickly slapped them away before the man touched his face.

"I did not-!" Jiho began to deny but was quickly cut off.

"Really Jiho?" Marcelo laughed, patting his head instead. "I pegged you for a slut, I swear, but not to this extent."

Jiho's face went red, literally. His pupils almost turned into flames, "You fucking-!" Jiho then cut himself off, taking a deep breath, fixing his tie and exhaling.

He would not give in to Marcelo's teasing.

"No," he continued calmly, "-I actually came here for this," After speaking, Jiho held up his device, the one work tablet he bought with his own hard earned money ever since he began to work under his big brother. It was special, even more so than the company issued ones.

Now, it had a fine line of cracks going down from top to bottom, complete with many other fine cracks branching off. Jiho couldn't understand why the tablet even cracked like this. The company that made these were expensive with their quality goods but in actuality, the products were like fine porcelain china.

Still, in all those months, Jiho had only dropped it once, that one time being when a certain man had him pressed against metal walls. That certain man being the one standing before him now.

Of course Jiho could've used his own money to fix it but that would defeat the whole purpose. Plus he was already making the minimum purely because his big brother was still following his mom's advice to teach him a lesson.

'Money don't come easily.'

It was a lesson that was being well learnt especially since he used to blow his weekly allowance in seconds and without hesitance.

Marcelo's gaze slid over the tablet and the only significant response it got from him was a brow raise, barely a few millimeters high. "What does that have to do with me?"

"It's YOUR fault!" Jiho hissed.

"Really?"

"I'm not joking, Do you know how hard it is to type now? What if I end up slicing my fingers open one of these days?"

Marcelo only laughed, the cigarette stuck in between his lips stubbornly stayed in place, "Come on Jiho, you're over exaggerating, it can't be that bad. Plus, how is this my fault?"

"Its your fault because you made me drop it when you-" Jiho stopped when he noticed the smile in Marcelo's gaze.

Marcelo leaned forward, resting his hand on the door behind Jiho, "When I?" He repeated, "Why did you stop there?"

"You know what the fuck you did," Jiho's eyes snapped to the cigarette inches away from his face. He frowned deeply. "-And get that damn cancer stick away from me!"

Marcelo reached up to take it from his lips, instead of putting it away, he pushed it towards Jiho who immediately backed up, his back hitting the door with a small thud.

"It won't bite Jiho," Marcelo's lips quirked up on one end.

It just might, Jiho thought internally. His thoughts were clear through his expression.

"Come on," Marcelo still pressed on, "you expect me to believe you haven't smoked before?"

Jiho frowned, having enough and pushing Marcelo away. He had smoked before yes but like the sensible man he was, he avoided cigarettes like the plague. He only wanted to have fun, not fucking die in the longer run.

"I only smoke weed," Jiho spoke flatly, "And stop changing the subject, you owe me 5 grand."

Marcelo who righted himself and was just about to stuff the cigarette right back inbetween his lips froze, his eyes snapped up to Jiho's, his surprise was tangible and evident. He coughed out an incredulous laugh, "Five...thousand dollars?"

Jiho clapped as best as he could with his device in one had, "Good boy, sounding out your words."

"...For a broken screen?" Marcelo ingnored him and was still incredulous.

"Oh no, I'll use a bit to fix my screen, the rest is for emotional trauma," Jiho smiled. His smile was that of a business man and indeed, he learnt from the best.

Although...he was sure his big brother would've probably counted the cracks (as impossible as that sounded) and charged a thousand per cracks, throwing in anything else to get more. Jiho had seen it first hand. It was Elijah Osoro's determination and shamelessness he admired most.

"You're...quite the little scammer aren't you," Marcelo shook his head with a laugh.

"I'm not, that's just my resourcefulness."

"More like your skills in highway robbery," Marcelo muttered, finally fishing his light from his pockets and lighting his cigarette. He took a long draw that lasted for seconds after doing so and Jiho felt his annoyance come back with vengeance.

So extra...

"Already pinching pennies because of your pay and now you're gonna rob me to make up for loose ends? I admire your guts, Jiho." He blew out a heavy cloud of smoke that Jiho had no choice but to inhale.

Jiho could not hold back the urge to cough that rose seconds later.

Marcelo watched him through dull yet lively eyes, taking another draw. "And if I don't agree..." he spoke, simultaneously releasing another small cloud from his mouth and nose.

Jiho couldn't take it anymore, he pushed the man steps away from him, his eyes were already becoming watery. He frowned at Marcelo, fanning his face."It's only five thousand dollars, isn't that small change for you?" Jiho squinted, more annoyed by the smoke than a anything else.

If he was being honest though. Jiho wasn't dire in need of money, in fact, all it took for him to get money if he really was in a tight spot was a single phone call to another family member, even to his dad or mom if he was in dire states. She'd be more than willing since she only intended to teach him a lesson, not make him suffer and go hungry.

At current, Jiho was mostly bored at home since his boss had dissapeared to God knows where, telling everyone including the executives to not bother, not even with a phone call or try to send him a text for this entire week.

In this short moment of reprieve, Jiho simply wanted to splurge, just not with his own money or pitiful savings, while his brother's eyes were turned away from his finances.

He just couldn't understand why Marcelo was being so hard headed about it. He never remembered Marcelo being this stingy.

Marcelo thought for a moment, tapped the ash off his cigarette then shrugged, "Fine, whatever, Jiho."

His words dragged Jiho from his internal discussion.

Jiho, after realizing that Marcelo had indeed agreed and he was now five thousand dollars richer, smiled then nodded once in victory. His victory however, began fading the moment he noticed Marcelos eyes that were still glued onto him without moving.

"...What?" Jiho's hands fell.

"It's nothing," Marcelo looked away to release another breath of smoke, "But I'm no fool, Jiho. You expect me to believe you came here to only discuss remuneration for a tablet?"

Jiho stood up straight, "O-of course I did."

Marcelo laughed, "You're really pretty when you lie."

Jiho felt his face heat, "Don't mock me, I'll have you know that this is of great importance."

"Oh really? Tell me a bit more about that when we go inside." Marcelo smiled. Jiho swallowed then nodded stiffly after a while. His expression quickly became a questioning one when Marcelo made no effort to move.

"You're not going?" Jiho tilted his head to the side.

"Not me," with a small gesture of his head to the door, Jiho quickly realized he was the one barring the man from his home and acted accordingly. Pursing his lips and stepping aside.

Marcelo stuffed his keycard in under Jiho's watchful gaze, thumbed his code in uncaringly and was walking inside his appartment in seconds. Leaving the choice up to Jiho if he wanted to enter or not.

Jiho gulped down his sudden rising anxiety and muted the dissuading voices inside his mind before he stepped inside.

It's only Marcelo. Jiho repeated to himself like a chant.

Jiho was never one to deny himself any bit of fun but this was indeed Marcelo. In the past, they had been like oil and wwater. The change was still shocking.

"I'm still curious though, Jiho." Marcelo spoke, discarding his cigarette in a nearby tray on a small table. He walked until he reached his wide livingroom area where not even a speck of dirt could be seen.

Jiho marveled at the place but his expression was nothing out of the ordinary since he was more than used to this lifestyle. Still, he felt a little bit sour that his mother only allowed him to use the smallest appartment he owned.

...She really could be scary if she put her mind to it. Jiho was sure he was the only one amongst his siblings who had faced the worst of her wrath.

He needed to present himself as a changed man in the next family event if he ever wanted to come off probation and go back to his old way of living.

Even his baby sister already started following his other sibling  gloating on him.

"Curious about?" Jiho spoke a step later after realizing Marcelo was speaking to him.

Marcelo collapsed on top of the plush white sofa, leaving Jiho standing as he massaged his temples. "How you got up here," Marcelo replied, this time hooking his finger in his tie and pulling it off. "I'm surprised security didn't throw you on the lawn outside."

"You're underestimating my ability. I could've even gone in to wait if I wanted," Jiho huffed out. It wasn't a stretch to say he could've gotten the code himself.

Marcelo laughed, "Using your title to put the small folk's jobs at risk, I expected better from you Jiho...changed man and all."

Jiho rolled his eyes and took his seat. Fixing his clothes without a care in the world.

"Although..." Marcelo suddenly got serious, then his lips quirked up on one end. "If you really were a changed man... you wouldn't be here today."

Jiho froze in place, his eyes snapping to Marcelo. Marcelo sat up, turning his entire attention towards him without dropping that meaningful yet irritating smirk on his lips.

Jiho gulped, but on the inside, he felt the telltale signs of excitement rising. The excitement was familiar, it was something he chased for a long while after growing up and slipping away from a life of strict conservatism. Not to mention the judging eyes of the media and probably everyone else in existence who poured their expectations of perfectionism and grace on his poor unsuspecting self.

His way of chasing that excitement might've dubbed him a waste to the Osoro lineage back then and he had to agree but now, it was different.

It was...Marcelo.

Their history of the past might've been something that could write a whole chapter or two about but that was...as he said, in the past. At present, the man that sat few feet away from was one that had hinted at many endless possibilities if only Jiho was obliged to agree.

It peaked Jiho's curiosity in more ways than one. He hadn't even known that Marcelo also swung that way.

After thinking for a long while and almost losing sleep. Jiho let up and decided to see for himself if it was worth it.

Plus, this way was a lot easier than running through nightclubs after nightclubs searching for a woman that peaked his interest or a top that could distract him for a night.

Jiho didn't think Marcelo was the chatty type after putting on such a show in the elevator. Back then, Jiho had to release a breath of relief because after the elevator accident a few week before, the cameras in that elevator had still yet to go live again.

Jiho blew out a breath of air, "You're wrong, if I wasn't a changed man, I'd be in a club right now since my boss is absent, but I'm here so, obviously there's a change somewhere."

Marcelo raised a questioning brow suddenly, out of nowhere, "Your boss...? Wait, Elijah is absent?"

Jiho made a diminutive sound with a roll of his eyes, "That's not important right now."

Elijah was indeed absent and for an entire week. Jiho didn't know where he went off to, infact, surprisingly no one knew. Ever since that date which he so painstakingly prepared for that woman of his, he went ghost, expressing his displeasure if anyone were to contact him. Jiho guessed that wherever his big brother was, the woman named Sophia Smith had to be there.

With most of his brother's odd and out of ordinary behavior, Jiho had quickly realized Sophia was the common denominator causing it. Still, it was strange to Jiho. Sometimes he even forgot Elijah Osoro was human, with human urges and human abilities to find someone pleasing to the eye.

Seeing his brother like this was a sight that could reset his world view.

Jiho thought on it a bit more then dismissed those thoughts. His gaze sliding right back to Marcelo as the man spoke.

"Oh," Marcelo smiled, "Then what is important."

"I have a feeling you already know," Jiho answered vaguely with a smile of his own.

Marcelo, upon hearing Jiho's words, did nothing but stare at him for a couple of seconds. Jiho almost found himself getting self conscious with the growing intensity of Marcelo's stare.

Then, finally, Marcelo moved. He lifted a hand and gestured with a few of his fingers, an indecipherable smile on his face.

"Come here, Jiho."

♤♡♤

Sophia was still immersed.

Her eyes were glittering as bright as the small diamonds she currently caressed like a newborn child. In her hands was the weighty necklace that she'd forgotten. Too caught up in...other activities to even pay it any attention.

It only got remembered by chance.

Sophia's day consisted of her lazing about. In the morning she realized she slept for more than 14 hours and almost worked herself into a stroke after realizing it was Monday.

After realizing this horrific fact. It took a few minutes for Sophia to be calmed down then she had to listen, after which she had no choice but to quit complaining.

Elijah could be...convincing most of the time.

Plus, it wasn't as if she could walk 100% normally just yet, going to work would've been a task in itself. She felt drained and weak yet still though of work and her daily routine.

After that entire fiasco, Sophia was taken to eat then excused herself to the showers before later falling asleep while being held. She only woke up again just now to an empty bed.

While barely looking around, she just so happened to spot the necklace on the ground near the other side of the bed and had to laugh quietly to herself.

Only Elijah could treat something that looked so expensive as cheap fashion bought on the side of the road. She didnt even remember removing it as it had dissapeared, Elijah had to be the one.

After her eyes got its fill, she reached over and placed it on top of the dark wooden night stand. Rolling away and onto her back, staring at the ceiling above.

Sophia still felt tired.

She couldn't help it. She had been drained, not only once but twice. She hadn't the stamina nor the energy. With the soreness in her legs and other certain parts, she didn't even want to leave the bed.

She bit on her nails as her bored mind slowly slid back to images of a specific man. She lifted her head to the closed door not to far away. She could hear the water running faintly but couldn't recall if Elijah just went in. Sophia listened, fixing herself into a comfortable position then soon after, she fell into another bout of sleep.

Not longer than a minute later, the water stopped running and Elijah stepped out, steam following his figure like a cloud, water running down in rivulets on his skin and dripping onto the mst below.

It was a sight that would make most women's mouth water.

He slid the glass doors behind him hallway shut and got a towel, not wanting to leave a mess he'd surely have to clean later. The last thing he wanted was Sophia slipping on water.

Elijah patted himself dry then discarded that towel in the empty washbin next to the towel rack, taking another to wrap around his waist and a much smaller one for his hair which dripped water down his face every few seconds.

His body moved routinely but his mind was elsewhere.

Much to no ones surprise. He was thinking of the woman who he left laying on his bed.

Sophia.

Elijah stepped off the mat when he was convinced he wouldn't trail water all over the floors and left the room. His eyes quickly spotted the still sleeping form on the large bed. He paused for a second and a small smile crept it's way onto Elijah's lips before he straightened and walked from where he stood, shaking his head.

In only a few minutes after dissapearing into the closet and tugging on the first casual wear that caught his eyes, Elijah was walking back to the bed where he spent most of his time for the past few days.

Sophia slept so peacefully, Elijah had to pause again for one quick second to simply watch her.

A feeling of guilt yet with some sparks of pride rose in his chest as his eyes trailed over her form. Elijah was aware that he was the sole person responsible for putting Sophia in this state. She already expressed her displeasure after waking up that morning, sucking on her teeth because going to work was out of the question.

Her work ethic was indeed admirable but Elijah almost began wishing she was a bit more lazy. If she had that much energy, he was more than happy to be the one exhausting it.

Elijah breathed out a sigh then eased himself onto the bed, moving until he was laying in the only acceptable spot, as close as he could be towards Sophia. He could've sworn something in his chest tightened even more when, regardless of her sleeping state, Sophia immediately felt him and promptly rolled herself to his side, stretching and dropping her limbs on top of him.

Sophia sighed in her sleep and rested her head on him, partially. Elijah's eyes were riveted for a few more seconds then he quickly averted it, looking to the ceiling before his mind went to other dangerous places.

It really wasn't Elijah's intention to have her in this state. He had tried, tried really hard to make up for the massive difference in stamina between them, intending to only go so far.

All those thoughts and rationalizations, however, quickly went straight down the drain during the actual act. Elijah had never been this weak to pleasure before, nor to a single woman. He didn't even want it to end.

Having Sophia all to himself like this, he'd thought about it on more than one occasion. He would've never imagined that his thoughts would hardly scratch the surface of how it felt to really be with Sophia, being buried inside her body.

Sophia was a vixen.

A beauty and a vixen and he could bet a million (which was saying something because before now, the idea of gambling had never crossed his mind). He could bet a million that Sophia hadn't even realised the extent of his growing attraction towards her.

It never stagnated, and now that he had a chance to taste and indulge. He'd be a mad man to let it all slip through his fingers.

The mild interest he had at the start of their meeting had already grown into something that was dark and serious.

If others were to dissect his brain and catch a glimpse of the things that went on inside it, he'd be chalked up as obsessive with an addiction. The drug in this case would be the woman in his arms currently but the funny thing was...instead of slowly killing him, he was put on a permanent high with not an injury in sight.

This feeling was nothing a random contracted hook up could come close to. Elijah Osoro was more than sure in this front. Sophia drove him mad with need. He had to put a leash on himself to simply lie like this when he'd much rather wake her up and tire her out some more once again.

Sophia moved, pulling him out of his train of thought. Elijah looked down, Sophia's eyes were still closed yet on her lips was a cute little frown.

Her one leg that was thrown over his, slid upwards along his own, her hand felt along his chest and she was seconds away from patting him down.

Elijah, of course, was easily distracted by her leg sliding ontop of him.

It was these little things that he found puzzling yet was much too preoccupied to question them. How on earth could she turn him on so effortlessly? He felt like a boy back in his younger days, just happening to discover the pleasures of women and sex for the first time.

Whenever she smiled or made those other cute little expressions he only got the overwhelming urge to kiss her until they were both breathless. When she stared at him the other day with fox-like eyes and a stare that was so heated and suggestive, he immediately forgot the task at hand.

It was dangerous, in a sense.

Elijah never thought he'd live to see the day when he'd be this weak in his resistance and restraint against one particular woman.

Even now, with only these few insignificant movements of hers, Elijah felt the telltale sign of that heat returning.

He swallowed thickly, and forced himself to remain calm, that however almost went down the drain entirely after hearing Sophia say his name in a soft, sleepy voice.

Sophia, after slowly driving him crazy with her soft hands running down his chest and unknowingly teasing him with her long legs, finally opened her eyes shortly after, lifting her head to look at him.

"Elijah, you're here," she smiled.

"Indeed I am," he found himself smiling just the same.

It was the things she did to him with that smile. Elijah hid it well. Mostly because if Sophia knew what went on in his mind 24/7, she'd most likely crawl away from him.

She already fainted twice after they done the deed. He had a feeling that if it happened again this soon after, she'd begin berating him for his virileness and ability. He did not like the fact that Sophia couldn't last long enough for another few rounds but was helpless. Was it that she had too little or he had too much?

Elijah dismissed those thoughts, not willing to ponder on them anymore after noticing Sophia's eyes never left him.

"That's good," Sophia got up, she stretched before she began to look at the few braids that escaped the single tie in distaste. Tying them back from her face.

After a while, she turned to him with a secretive smile and an indecipherable look in her eyes, "Then we can talk?"

Talk? A jolt of lightening went through Elijah yet his expression remained unchanged.

"Sure," he replied without hesitating, sitting up. Without a word his arms went around her and dragged her onto his lap. He liked having her ontop of him more than anything else. As he took in her smell and softness, she made a sound at the back of her throat.

As expected, Sophia blanched, her face going from sleepy to flustered in seconds as he felt him...down there. Having her breasts pressed against his chest and her body straddling him had made him hard in seconds.

"N-Not like this!" She hissed, her hands hit his chest and she pushed herself off, which was a futile struggle because neither of them moved an inch.

"I don't understand what you mean," Elijah spoke innocently, pulling her closer, his hands running down her back, "I'm listening."

Sophia, who was fully awake now stared at him sourly, her expression got more strained as she shifted herself on top of him. Her hands tightened gripping his shirt. "I can talk just fine, sitting where I was just now!"

"You can, yes," Elijah agreed whole heartedly, "but I can hear you even more perfectly from here."

Sophia didn't speak, she only stared at him disapprovingly. Elijah didn't mind her stare, he kissed the top of her nose and urged her to speak.

Sophia's eyes narrowed but nevertheless, she spoke, "Take me home."

Elijah raised a brow. He had indeed felt some foreboding after hearing her need to have a 'talk' with him but the verdict was even worse than he imagined. The feeling that arose after was akin to someone punching him in the gut.

"Now?" He asked after thinking on her words.

Sophia nodded, she used her arms to lift his shirt she wore, "I'd like my own clothes..."

"Do you hate wearing mine?" Elijah asked with a tilt of his head.

"How'd you come to that conclusion," Sophia huffed shifting herself again to sit more comfortably, "I'd also like my own underwear."

"Fine," Elijah thought about it then shrugged.

"-And sleeping on my own bed."

Elijah immediately felt regret for the first time in a while and wanted to retract his words.

Did Sophia intend to...not spend the night with him again? She repeatedly avoided his gaze, Elijah took that as the answer to his question.

He couldn't understand...was there something wrong that he was unaware of?

Or was it...?

Elijah thought for a moment then suddenly laughed, lifting a hand to run through his hair. He caught her chin afterwards, tilting her head towards him, catching her eyes that avoided his. "Are you afraid you'll miss another day of work after spending the night with me?"

Sophia's eyes slowly widened, "I...I have no idea what you're talking about."

Elijah felt he hit the nail right on the head. He opened his mouth to speak again but was promptly silenced by Sophia's sudden glare.

"If you dare say some shit like how you already got me a week off, I'll grow wings and fly out of here myself," she lifted her hand to point an accusatory finger at him.

Elijah didn't make the mistake of continuing his previous sentence. Had he truly become this predictable in her eyes? "I...wouldn't dare interfere with your work arrangements Sophia."

However, he'd really like to see how she planned to grow wings and fly but left that part to himself.

Sophia frowned at how easily the man before her could lie but brushed it off in the end, leaning forward and resting her head in the crook of his neck.

"I feel lazy, Elijah," she murmured against his skin, "‐tired, and worn out."

Elijah listened silently but didn't miss the small amounts of blame in her voice. He was slightly at loss on how to respond. He wasn't very fond of setting himself up in the longer run nor did he want to plant a landmine. Holding back was already as hard as it was.

He thought back to how her body responded to him, her sounds and the way she gripped him tightly. Those were things he could not get enough of. She truly had him in a place of no return. It was simply a pity she'd always end up being worn out entirely because of it.

Still, even while his mind disagreed, he ran his hand down her back comfortingly. Hugging her tighter, "I'll... keep that in mind next time."

"Good," Finally hearing the thing she wanted to hear, Sophia sat up, staring him in the eye once more, "now take me home."

Elijah frowned, "Right now?"

Sophia nodded then her eyes quickly narrowed. "Why so hesitant? It's literally a walk away."

"I like it better when I can see you, Sophia."

Sophia rolled her eyes, "So dramatic, I won't be on the other side of the world, I'm only next doo-" She froze, cutting herself off before finishing her sentence.

"Right..." She blinked. "How could I forget," Sophia immediately got off him before he distracted her again.

Elijah however, almost couldn't follow her sudden change in attitude. Sophia landed in the bed beside him, crossing her hands over her chest.

Elijah tried to get close but was shocked to his core when Sophia brushed him off. He quickly felt that sense of foreboding returning, even more so.

Sophia began murmuring underneath her breath, mostly likely about him. Her expression looked as if she tasted something especially sour. "Impulsive!" She hissed out as if it was the greatest insult known to mankind.

"Absolutely shameless, disgustingly determined-!" She continued.

Elijah was still at a loss, "...Are we naming out some of my best qualities?"

Sophia paused to glare at him, "You're not funny."

Elijah quickly took that as his cue to silence himself.

"-What you need is a lesson on boundaries," She finished with a hiss, "I'm still mad at you, Eli. Regardless of how you tried to make me forget."

"Oh," Elijah thought bsck to his actions in the past few days then quickly realized what Sophia was referring to. It drew a chuckle from his lips.

Elijah then reached forward and took her back into his arms, her efforts to brush him off once more did not succeed. When she finally stopped her futile struggle, Elijah got off the bed, holding her close and secure.

"I already gave you my clear cut explanation, Sophia, there's no reason you should still be angry."

Sophia huffed out a breath of air, rolling her eyes afterward. She silently mimicked his words mockingly before speaking, "It's still creepy...and stalkerish regardless of your reasons, you're lucky you're hot, or I'd have to resort to calling the police."

"On what charge?" He laughed before cocking an eyebrow upwards at her choice of words, "You think I'm hot?"

Sophia went still, looking as though she now preferred to chew and swallow her tongue begrudgingly than answer.

"Just...be less impulsive next time, what would people think if they found out you moved to live next to the woman you had sex with? They'd say you're obsessed, Elijah."

Elijah only gave her a cryptic smile in return, "You really still think I care about outsider opinions? Plus...maybe I am, Sophia."

Sophia froze and couldn't find the right words to respond. Elijah sounded so serious saying that...her tongue had lost the its purpose in that moment.

Sophia quickly shook herself out of her Elijah-induced daze before he saw it. "I noticed you didn't acknowledge the 'be less impulsive' part," she quipped, looking away.

"Sorry Sophia," She could very well hear the smile in his voice as he spoke, "I'm not a fan of making promises I can't keep. When it comes to you, how can I not be impulsive and irrational?"

Sophia's breath got caught.

Elijahs words were more than truthful. At this moment in time, if she just so happened to murmer about wanting a star from the sky, heavens knew he'd be busy trying to find a way.

It was up to that extent already and it was only becoming more the longer he spent in her company. He was not ashamed to say or acknowledge it. Not in the least.

Maybe it truly ran in the family. He always found his father's obsession with his mother to be a little bit over the top, concerning even. But now, he was starting to understand.

Back at their family home, even if their mother told the grown man to bark like a dog, he'd do it in a heartbeat if it meant making her happy.

Elijah had seen it all.

Now, with his parents as a reference, he was looking forward to a future Sophia would surely be shocked out of her shoes about. Of course, he would never dump such a huge overwhelming load on her when they were only a few feet away from the starting line.

Elijah however, was prepared to sit and wait. Wait for however long it'd take.

Sophia was sure to be his from that moment, on that fated day, in that elevator, that small moment they shared after that accident. He was already sure, only thing to do now was to wait for Sophia to realize. Elijah would make sure that the wait was worth it.

Sophia hadn't said anything in reply, he could guess however, that his words had surely left an impact.

He hoped it had.

He walked with Sophia to the door after getting the carry on bag that he had stored all her belongings into for the time being.

After a few more seconds lapsed by, he heard her speak in a soft voice, "I can walk you know."

"You can?" He asked yet still didn't move to release her from his grip.

"I don't like being babied," Sophia huffed.

"I'm not doing that," Elijah was quick on the uptake, "I'm simply taking responsibility for my actions."

He left the room into the empty hallway and closed the door. Sophia watched him, the ever so stubborn man who hadn't even thought of how easier it'd be for himself without carrying an entire person in his arms.

He regardes her as if she was light as a feather.

Elijah was mindful of none of her thoughts, crossing the short distance in between their home in seconds.

"Where's your key?" Elijah asked as he instinctively checked her door. He paused shortly afterwards, his eyebrows rising, "That's strange...It's already open..."

Sophia, who's hands were already diving deep into the bag for her purse, realized the meaning behind his words a step too late.

"Elijah wait-!" Sophia had called out to him but the damage was already done. Without a pause, he had already pushed the door open.

Sophia felt all the color drain from her face at the scene that greeted them. She went pale as a sheet.

There, on the inside, was a specific woman who hummed to herself as she looked through the lower cupboards. She was bending over, her barely clothed ass high in the air, and her shirt already slid down way too high on her chest, affected by gravity.

After realizing the door had opened. Kayla quickly got up, loudly banging her head on the on of the open cupboard doors then cursing afterwards before she righted herself.

Upon seeing just who stood at the door, the short half-eaten breadstick in Kayla's mouth promptly slid from her lips and went straight for the ground, following her jaw that had almost unhinged as her mouth fell open.

Sophia didn't know what to say. She simply resorted to slapping her hand over her face in helplessness.

• • •

Y'all can put away your stones and pitchforks now... the holidays are when I'm the most busiest.

Anyway, hope you enjoyed this chapter, remember to Vote, Comment and share in any way you can♡♡

See y'all next chapter

Nessa~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

187K 3.1K 13
"We've both had too much to drink, David." She whispered into his ear, like a siren with a little flick of her tongue. "And on a weekday too. Boy, we...
269K 7.5K 26
*NEW BOOK! * BONUS CHAPTERS OUT NOW! They say he's hotter than sin, colder than ice. The CEO of a Fortune 500 company. Built from the ground up. He...
804K 14.3K 54
18+ | Angel and demon brought together by accident. Sparks fly and moans reverberate through their bedroom but...neither one knows who they are to e...
91K 1.4K 15
He brought his hands up and tucked my hair behind my ear. coming closer to my ear "Do i arouse you?" he whispered, making my knees weak "I can feel...