š‘†š¼šæš‘‰šøš‘… š‘Šš¼š‘†š‘‡šøš‘…š¼š“...

By yellelovestoread

ā”ā”ā”ā” š‘Ŗš‘¶š‘µš‘¼š‘µš‘«š‘¹š‘¼š‘“ was deeply tangled in her vines. However, the... More

š‚š‡š€š‘š€š‚š“š„š‘š’
š’šˆš‹š•š„š‘ š–šˆš’š“š„š‘šˆš€
ā”ā”ļ¼©ļ¼£ļ¼Øļ¼©
ā”ā”ļ¼®ļ¼©
ā”ā”ļ¼³ļ¼”ļ¼®
ā”ā”ļ¼¹ļ¼Æļ¼®
ā”ā”ļ¼§ļ¼Æ
ā”ā”ļ¼²ļ¼Æļ¼«ļ¼µ
ā”ā”ļ¼®ļ¼”ļ¼®ļ¼”
ā”ā”ļ¼Øļ¼”ļ¼£ļ¼Øļ¼©
ā”ā”ļ¼«ļ¼¹ÅŖ
ā”ā”ļ¼ŖÅŖ
ā”ā”ļ¼ŖÅŖļ¼©ļ¼£ļ¼Øļ¼©
ā”ā”ļ¼ŖÅŖļ¼®ļ¼©
ā”ā”ļ¼ŖÅŖļ¼³ļ¼”ļ¼®
ā”ā”ļ¼ŖÅŖļ¼³ļ¼Øļ¼©
ā”ā”ļ¼ŖÅŖļ¼§ļ¼Æ
ā”ā”ļ¼ŖÅŖļ¼²ļ¼Æļ¼«ļ¼µ
ā”ā”ļ¼ŖÅŖļ¼³ļ¼Øļ¼©ļ¼£ļ¼Øļ¼©
ā”ā”ļ¼ŖÅŖļ¼Øļ¼”ļ¼£ļ¼Øļ¼©
ā”ā”ļ¼ŖÅŖļ¼«ļ¼µ
ā”ā”ļ¼®ļ¼©ļ¼ŖÅŖ
ā”ā”ļ¼®ļ¼©ļ¼ŖÅŖļ¼©ļ¼£ļ¼Øļ¼©
ā”ā”ļ¼®ļ¼©ļ¼ŖÅŖļ¼®ļ¼©
ā”ā”ļ¼®ļ¼©ļ¼ŖÅŖļ¼³ļ¼”ļ¼®
ā”ā”ļ¼®ļ¼©ļ¼ŖÅŖļ¼³ļ¼Øļ¼©
ā”ā”ļ¼®ļ¼©ļ¼ŖÅŖļ¼§ļ¼Æ
ā”ā”ļ¼®ļ¼©ļ¼ŖÅŖļ¼²ļ¼Æļ¼«ļ¼µ
ā”ā”ļ¼®ļ¼©ļ¼ŖÅŖļ¼®ļ¼”ļ¼®ļ¼”
ā”ā”ļ¼®ļ¼©ļ¼ŖÅŖļ¼Øļ¼”ļ¼£ļ¼Øļ¼©
ā”ā”ļ¼®ļ¼©ļ¼ŖÅŖļ¼«ļ¼µ
ā”ā”ļ¼³ļ¼”ļ¼®ļ¼ŖÅŖ
ā”ā”ļ¼³ļ¼”ļ¼®ļ¼ŖÅŖļ¼©ļ¼£ļ¼Øļ¼©
ā”ā”ļ¼³ļ¼”ļ¼®ļ¼ŖÅŖļ¼®ļ¼©
ā”ā”ļ¼³ļ¼”ļ¼®ļ¼ŖÅŖļ¼³ļ¼”ļ¼®
ā”ā”ļ¼³ļ¼”ļ¼®ļ¼ŖÅŖļ¼³ļ¼Øļ¼©
ā”ā”ļ¼³ļ¼”ļ¼®ļ¼ŖÅŖļ¼§ļ¼Æ
ā”ā”ļ¼³ļ¼”ļ¼®ļ¼ŖÅŖļ¼²ļ¼Æļ¼«ļ¼µ
ā”ā”ļ¼³ļ¼”ļ¼®ļ¼ŖÅŖļ¼®ļ¼”ļ¼®ļ¼”
ā”ā”ļ¼³ļ¼”ļ¼®ļ¼ŖÅŖļ¼Øļ¼”ļ¼£ļ¼Øļ¼©
ā”ā”ļ¼³ļ¼”ļ¼®ļ¼ŖÅŖļ¼«ļ¼µ
ā”ā”ļ¼¹ļ¼Æļ¼®ļ¼ŖÅŖ
ā”ā”ļ¼¹ļ¼Æļ¼®ļ¼ŖÅŖļ¼©ļ¼£ļ¼Øļ¼©

ā”ā”ļ¼¹ļ¼Æļ¼®ļ¼ŖÅŖļ¼®ļ¼©

803 32 1
By yellelovestoread

THAT VOICE. Nao had recognized it. Emotions came swirling in, as a gush of familiarity came rushing towards her. Her features showing a gleam of happiness.

"Toshi!"

A chuckle resounded on her speakers. "Hello, Nao-chan. How are you today?" His voice was soft, greeting her with the same warmth. The thump in her heart bellowed, recalling the canopy of light—many-hued specks of colored dusts.

"Well, just so you know, I'm now an acting manager for Karasuno. I'm sure my team will give Shiratorizawa a run for its money." She flippantly teased, prompting a sound of amused disbelief from the stoic captain.

"I'm sure they would, Nao-chan." Came his dry response, not believing an ounce of it. His tone did not escape the acute senses of the Karasuno manager, scorning anyone who would dare underestimate her team.

"Ne, is that sarcasm I hear? You better watch out, Toshi-kun. The crows will soon dethrone the mighty white eagle."

"So, the Karasuno team has stolen my beloved cheerleader?" Ushijima quipped, feigning a wounded tone. This made a laugh flee from her mouth, yet he continued on.

"You're now rooting for them instead of me." He said with a hint of envy.  "If only I knew that it would come to this, I should have done everything in my power to make you come to Shiratorizawa." But there was a lace of longing in every syllable, in every word.

"Just for you to be with me."

The hum in her chest grew erratic, face tinted with a blush. Glimpses of their shared kiss flashed in her eyes. Stomach squirming with butterflies. "I'm still your number-one fan." She reminded, voice was soft as the early morning light.

"It's forever and always, Toshi."

His line was silent for a moment. Nevertheless, Nao could imagine—she could see a smile forming on his lips.

"Anyway, I called because I'm now back in Hyogo eating a very late breakfast." He informed with a hint of eagerness, quite unusual for the Shiratorizawa captain.

"Guess who's with me."

As those words left him, a pair of voices sounded in her speakers. Pleasant surprise bloomed on her appearance.

"Nao-chan. Hi, dear!"

A male one first spoke, followed by someone feminine.

"Hello, Nao-chan! I've heard that you've become a manager in a sports club—congrats, honey. Your Dad and I are proud of you."

It was her parents. They were having brunch together with Ushijima in a café somewhere in Hyogo. A twitch of wistfulness came swirling, wishing that they were here with her.

"Mom—Dad, how are you? What are you doing there in Hyogo?" She began to ask through her device. Her parents were geologists. Most of their time was spent outside of Miyagi. Because of their work, they were almost never home. "I miss you two. Ren is always asking when he will see the two of you again. I thought that you are coming home tomorrow." The younger Fuji had managed to say with a slight quiver, longing in voice.

"Oh, honey, we miss and love you, too. Send our love to your baby brother, Ren, as well." Her mother replied.

"We can't bear to go on for months without seeing both of you." The Fuji patriarch continued, a plaintive tone in his voice. "That's why your Mother and I are here." He explained. "We've decided to finally move our family to Hyogo so we could be with you."

"Hyogo is a beautiful place. Majestic rock formations and epic natural sceneries. You and your brother will love it here." The older woman excitedly chimed in, trying to persuade her. "Once all is settled, we will get you and Ren. We will be together as a family." Her mother then waited for her to reply, but Nao never deigned a response as emotions then swelled and cloud her thoughts.

"Hello, Nao? Dear? Are you still there?" Her father prodded, concerned. With a sigh, he then returned the phone to Ushijima. The latter reached for it, excusing himself to talk to her in private.

"Nao, is everything alright?" Ushijima asked with a familiar caring tone. A muffled sob vibrated across the line as soon as she heard his voice. He was the only constant in her life. 

"Y-yeah..." She stuttered, angrily wiping the saline beads over her eyelids.

"Call me. When you need someone to talk to—I'm here." Ushijima reassured. The young woman wondered what she had done right to deserve someone as kind.

"I love you."

He said before ending the call. Nao looked at her screen. She could see her reflection. A tear running, falling down her cheek.

She touched it with her hand, shifting her attention to the Karasuno members. A pang of sadness started to plague her chest, demanding her to feel its sensations.

She would be leaving this place. The little town nestled in the heart of Miyagi. The thought made her tears pour uncontrollably. This was her safe haven. She had made a lot of memories here. The people she came to care about lived here.

"Nao...?"

She staggered, like a doe caught in headlights, bloodshot and wide-eyed. The sweeping feeling of finally hearing her parents' voices after a long, long time made her stir, but it was nothing compared to the news they suddenly hurled towards her—forcing her to leave this town and move to another unknown place. 

Yet, this was what she wanted, right? It was her chance to get away from them—hoping to preserve what was left of their story. However, to her annoyance, the tears would not stop from ever falling.

Nao then peered to see the newcomer. She was then met with concerned amber eyes.

The volleyball player extended a handkerchief. She took it, wiping any trace of her crying.

"Thank you..." Nao quietly muttered. She turned away to evade his drilling gaze, wanting to conceal the remaining tears. But a hand then stopped her, pulling her instead into a sudden embrace.

Shock painted her whole visage, never expecting to receive such an intimate gesture from him, of all people.

"It's okay." He began to say, reassuring her. "Let it all out."

In his nudge, Nao did not attempt to suppress the flow of liquid from her eyes. She let it run freely as she clutched his shirt, pouring all of her emotions to him.

He then tightened his embrace, assuring the Fuji that he was there for her.

"T—thank..." Nao stammered in between sobs. "T-thank y-you..." She breathed, looking through his pretty amber orbs. "T-Tsukki."

His bespectacled eyes mellowed. Fixing them to Nao. Tsukishima wiped her tears with his thumbs.

Her face was between his hands. Puffy and red. Strands of her hair beginning to stick on the sides of her cheeks.

"You are such a mess."

Tsukishima bluntly expressed as he was taking her in, adding insult to injury. Her gaze then fell from his words. A downcast expression becoming more visible.

He directed her focus back at him later on. "But—" He watched as she was looking with expectant eyes. "—you're a mess that I would gladly have."

Nao then scoffed at his statement, giving him a cynical reaction as she sniffled. "W-what do you even mean by that?"

Tsukishima moved to poke her forehead, light as a feather. "It means that even when you're ugly crying." She glared at his blatant insult, but his lips arched upwards in a genuine smile. "I'd still want you."

Silence followed afterwards. Nao just stared at him, slowly blinking.

The tall middle blocker began to dab the remaining tears away. His touch was delicate. Her eyes were fixated at him. As if she was seeing the middle blocker differently—very unlike the indignant and sullen Tsukishima Kei that she had always known.

"I'd still want you, Nao."

▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░

═════════════
━━ ❝ I'd still
want you.
═════════════

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

434 26 8
Everyone has one life that they need to keep safe. Once that heart stops, you're dead for good.. Hinata's strange behavior started to worry the team...
184K 5.3K 15
You move to Japan after living in the states as a child, leaving your childhood friends behind. You now go to Karasuno high but didn't expect to find...
259K 7.9K 31
š—œš—” š—Ŗš—›š—œš—–š—› š—š—š—ˆ š—‰š–¾š—ˆš—‰š—…š–¾ š—š—š—ˆ š–½š—ˆš—‡'š— š—Žš—‡š–½š–¾š—‹š—Œš—š–ŗš—‡š–½ š—Œš—ˆš–¼š—‚š–ŗš—… š—†š–¾š–½š—‚š–ŗ š–ŗš—‹š–¾ š–ŗš–½š–½š–¾š–½ š—š—ˆ š–ŗ š—€š—‹š—ˆš—Žš—‰š–¼š—š–ŗš— š–暝—Žļæ½...
257 19 18
-Ushijima Wakatoshi x female reader- "You are 100 times better than what I imagined" "You're imagining me? That's surprising." "Well, that's your fau...