πΈπ‘›π‘π‘Žπ‘›π‘‘π‘œ π‘‚π‘›π‘’π‘ β„Žπ‘œπ‘‘οΏ½...

By SQuartz_Universe

Just watched Encanto yesterday :) More

[TITLE]
BRUNO
ISABELA
LUISA
MIRABEL
CAMILO
MIRABEL
MIRABEL
BRUNO
CAMILO
BRUNO
MIRABEL
CAMILO
LUISA
ISABELA
CAMILO
LUISA

DOLORES

13.2K 363 332
By SQuartz_Universe

↪ Dolores Madrigal x Female Reader

Name of the chapter: Whispering and Mumbling

Soapshipper

---

Dolores was used on hearing mumbles and whispers but no matter how hard she tried to hear more, she couldn't. It'll just turn into whispers and mumbels to her. Which is a bit of a downer because the whisperings and mumblings was coming from you.

Every day, she heard you mumble something under your breath. She couldn't make out what you were saying and it frustrates her so much.

And there was a time she confronts you about it but you shrugged it off and told her that you were just mumbling about stuffs often and that she doesn't have to worry about it. Dolores frowned upon the secret you hold but she still respected it and did not ask further.

Your mumblings didn't stop even at night. It's as if you were practicing a mantera or anything of same sort. Usually if that kind of thing happened, Dolores would get annoyed but when it comes to you, she couldn't bring herself to do so. In fact, she's intrigued on what you kept on mumbling about.

To make her curiosity worsen, she noticed on how you kept on meeting Camilo out often. You would smile brightly at him, give him a teasing punch and laughed to your heart content. Camilo on the other side, only listen to whatever you're saying to him.

One day, at the dinner table, Camilo noticed her sister was bothered by something and kept on frowning. So, he decided to confront her while the family is still lively on talking about something.

"Hey, you okay?" Camilo confronted, whispering beside her sister.

Dolores snapped out of it and glanced at her brother. "Yeah, I'm fine," she answered, continuing eating her food.

Camilo wasn't convinced at her sister's acting and continued to dig up information. "I know you're not. C'mon, what's bothering you?" he asked again, becoming concern.

Dolores sighed heavily. She put down the utensils and eyes saddened. Camilo frowned at her sister's behaviour and caressed her arm. "I'm just wondering if you know what (Y/N) is up recently. We barely could meet like usual," she confessed.

Camilo tensed up at this. He knew exactly what you're up to but he didn't want to reveal your secret. He knew how much it meant to you. "Uh, maybe she's just busy?" he tried to cover.

She furrowed her eyebrows and shook her head. "Impossible. I see her with you almost every day," she told.

Camilo winced, not knowing her older sister would notice that. "We were just... uh, just... talking... about... stuffs," he tried to lie but it seemed to not work.

"Can I know what those stuffs are?" she asked, intrigued even more.

Camilo tensed even more. "You better not know," he winced.

"What does that suppose to mean? She's hiding something from me?" Dolores' eyes widened.

"No! Of course, not! It's just... some personal stuff," Camilo told.

Dolores looked down, feeling sadder than before. "She could've come to me. We're best friends," Dolores fiddled with her fingers.

"Hermana... I'm sure she'll come around," Camilo tried to comfort his sister.

Dolores smiled weakly at Camilo. "I guess you're right," she nodded. Then, she stood up, making the whole family stopped talking and looked at Dolores. Dolores smiled at her family. "May I be excused? I'm not feeling well," she asked.

Pepa looked at her daughter in worry. "Oh, dear. Want an arepá?" Pepa offered.

Dolores shook her head. "It's nothing vital, mamí. I just want to rest early."

Pepa nodded. "Okay. Get some rest," she smiled.

Dolores nodded and left the table. Camilo watched Dolores do so with a frown. Camilo bit his inner cheek, eyes not leaving his sister because of worry.

---

Dolores heard her door was knocked. She didn't greet and continued to deep her face on the pillow. The door opened and Camilo entered the room without saying anything.

Camilo approached his sister and sat on the side of the bed. Dolores still haven't looked up.

"Hey. I brought you some tea and snacks," Camilo offered. Camilo looked at his sister who's still shoving her face in the pillow. "It's delicious," he sang, trying to brighten up the mood.

Dolores groaned. She lifted her head and put her face on the side, looking at her younger sibling. She sighed heavily. "Is (Y/N) mad at me?" she asked.

Camilo set down the cup of tea and a.plate of cookies on the floor. He looked at his sister. "What makes you say that?"

Dolores frowned. "She doesn't see me anymore. What if our friendship ends here?"

Camilo didn't know what to answer and just offered Dolores a cookie. Dolores grabbed it and ate it while laying down. "I promise you that (Y/N) can never hate you."

"But if she doesn't hate me, then why didn't she come to see me?" Dolores said with her mouth full of cookie.

Camilo hummed. "Then... why don't you come see her?" he suggested.

Dolores' eyes widened at his words. "That's brilliant!" she sat up on the bed.

Camilo shrugged smugly. "Well, what can I say? I am brilliant myself," he bragged.

Dolores punched his shoulder playfully which Camilo chuckled at. "Thanks. Now, hand me the tea."

---

"Come on, Mira! Please help me out!" you pleaded at Mirabel.

Mirabel rolled her eyes at your non-stop pleading. She groaned. "Like I said, I don't want to come in-between you and Dolores. You know how she can hear everything, right? I don't want her to be mistaken," she answered for the nth time.

You panted. You gripped a load of your hair. "Ugh, you're so right! I hate it when you're right!"

Mirabel chuckled. "Then, don't be wrong. Come on, just go to her," she suggested.

You tapped your feet, biting your inner cheek. "Okay, I'll go straight to her. But just let me practice this once," you pleaded.

Mirabel huffed. She locked her hips. "Alright, then. Just once."

You smiled widely. You wiggled your body as if you tried to shake off your nerves. Mirabel raised an eyebrow at your actions. You cleared your throat and looked at Mirabel seriously. "Mirabel, I like you. I really like you, ever since I first time I laid my eyes on you."

Mirabel clapped. "Wow, you nailed it. But, don't say my name when you actually do it to her."

Your smile widened. "You really think I can get her?" you said excitedly.

"Absolutely," she answered. "Now, shoo. Go get the love of your life already. Adios," she saluted at you as you saluted back.

You jumped excitedly, running towards the Madrigal's home.

---

You knocked on Dolores' door, receiving no answer. You shrugged and twisted the doorknob, opening the door and entered afterwards, closing the door. You saw Dolores was on the bed, facing the wall. You furrowed your eyebrows at this.

Dolores felt her bed dipped as you sat down. "Dolores, you feeling okay?" you caressed her shoulder.

"Just peachy..." she replied, her voice was soft as usual.

"Are you sick?" you asked again.

"I'm not," she replied shortly.

"Are you sure? I can bring an arepá if you have a stomach ache or something," you offered.

"I'm fine," she said sternly. She covered herself further inside the blanket. "Please leave," she told.

You frowned. "Did I do something wrong?"

She hesitated. "No. I just want some alone time right now."

You continued to frown. "Can you please look at me in the eye? I have something to tell you," you pleaded. Dolores shook her head. "Please?"

Dolores took in a shaky breath before turning her head slowly. She closed her eyes quickly, not wanting you to see her burning tears. But it didn't work much since a tear managed to escape her eye, making your eyes widened at the sight.

"Dolores, are you sure you're okay?" you caressed her cheek in worry.

Dolores blinked, making more hot tears rolled down her chin. "Please leave," she pleaded again, her voice croacked from jolding her sobs. "I don't want to see you right now..."

"'Lores..."

"Please... Leave," she sobbed.

You shook your head. "No, I'm not leaving. You're not okay!"

"I said leave!" she yelled. She winced and quickly covered her ears, sensitive to her own yells. "Leave..."

"What did I do?" you asked.

She sobbed once. Then, twice. Three times before she answered. "You... like someone..." she sniffled.

"...What? Oh, Dolores. You must've been misunderstood," you shook your head.

"I like you... I like you so much," she chocked a sob.

Your eyes widened. "R- Really?"

Dolores nodded slowly. "But, you love someone else..."

You shook your head quickly. "No, no! I like you, too!"

She looked away. "You don't have to be considerate of me. I heard your confession to Mirabel," she sniffled.

You chuckled. "That- That was just a practice round! I wanna practice confessing to you! Because I know I'm too nervous to do so!"

Dolores shook her head. "You don't have to make up stories. It's fine..."

You groaned. You cupped both of her cheeks gently and immediately smashed your lips on hers. She squeaked at the sudden action and eyes widened. You pulled away as quick as you smashed your lips on hers.

Pulking away, you saw her eyes widened and cheeks reddened brightly. You set your forehead on hers and closed your eyes slowly.

"I... like you. I really really like you. From the very first time I laid my eyes on you," you said the lines you had been practicing for the whole week.

Dolores' face brightened. Then, she continued to sob. You hugged her as if there was no tomorrow. You repeated those three words, over and over again so that it'll stuck inside her head.

Slowly, she fell alseep, relieved more than ever. You smiled and pecked her forehead, fixed her blanket and slept on the floor, not wanting to invade her privacy of coziness.

---

This is weird. Oop-

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.6K 379 14
la familia madrigal ! encanto oc x oc under editing.
40.7K 1K 57
no weird sh!t please. request open
14.6K 295 16
some one-shots for camilo and bruno! this book updates quite frequently so we hope you enjoy. all fluff <3
12.2K 226 69
These are just AUs. No Y/N or X Reader. Just plain AUs. Also QOTDs come out every day! Also fanmade stuff from me!