My will is stronger then any...

By Liger010

He's alone, yet he's not. He doesn't feel alone, in war like this, he found friends in strange ways. He knew... More

Prologue Wandering
Chapter #2 Artwork
Chapter #3 New friends
Chapter #4 A promise and encounter

Chapter #1 Entering a story.

758 35 8
By Liger010

(3rd Pov)

After running up to where he heard the explosion, he sees a human standing over a construct with black and red colors. He look around and see no one else around, so he jog up to them. 

"Hey! Are you alright?" 

The human snapped in my direction in surprise. He had black hair and dark gray eyes. He had a gray shirt under a combat vest. He wore black pants and combat boots. He had a long overcoat to top it off, with a symbol that was a mix of a feather and shield. He also had black gloves with rectangular holes on the back.

Beneath him was a female construct. She had long black hair with red tips and closed eyes. She wore a black combat jacket that was not buttoned all the way up from the bottom, so whenever she moved it exposed her belly. The sleeves were rolled up to her elbows. She wore a black skirt and stocking, along with boots. She had a bright red scarf and ribbon tied around her elbow, she also had black finger-less gloves and dog tags hanging from under her scarf. She also had a red hair band with horns.

The commandant stared up at the newcomer with awe. 

"Sir?" He asked again, snapping the commandant out of his thoughts.

"We're not too roughed up, but I don't think we can manage for long." He answered as he turned to his left, eyeing the approaching corrupted. Y/n followed where he was looking before doing a survey on all sides.

"Commandant... we're surrounded aren't we."

She stated, more than questioned. They both snapped their gaze at her.

"Lucia..."

"You don't have to lie..." She shifted her gaze to look at Y/n. "... Excuse me... can ask something of you?" Y/n raised a brow, but before she could go on her commandant placed a hand on her shoulder.

"Don't even think about it."

"But commandant, I only want you to be safe. You should go with the new Construct"

"Don't be foolish, I'm not leaving you."

"Then... please permit me to turn off my pain receptors."

"Denied."

"... Commandant."

"Denied!"

"...I think you should let her."

The Commandant lifted his head to the construct standing by. Continuing to survey the area, he speaks.

"I understand your worries about the side effects but since we all want to live, we can't afford to stay around or have either one of us carry her, we won't get far." He speaks swiftly before staring at Lucia. "Let's worry about whatever consequence in the action later." As he finished his sentence, he moved around them to stand in the coming horde's way to harm them. Shaking his head of any hesitance, the Commandant had made his decision and voiced his approval to the system connecting him to his comrade.

Commandant:... Mind system command; release pain receptors.

(Voice command recognized)

(Command valid)

"She'll be offline for a minute."

"Okay. Stay close and don't leave our side."

"Right." Nodding to himself, Y/n pulled out his gun and took aim at the joints of the corruption. It delayed only a few before the more combat-capable mechanoids sprinted and reached him within seconds. He swiftly cut them down and proceeded to maneuver around the pair behind to defend against the corrupted who had the idea of circling them. Swinging in a wide arc, three were pushed back before Y/n spun around to shoot another. A particular group who were noticeably faster than the average corrupted charged forward and attacked them multiple sides. The Commandant braced himself with a gun at the ready. However, it would not be needed because, in an impressive display of skill, Y/n's sword almost became a blur as he strikes at each and every one of them. This left the only human among them in awe. 

'Who is he?' The Commandant thought to himself before paling and aimed his gun behind Y/n, where a corrupted had taken the short moment of him ceasing movement as a chance for attack. Thankfully it didn't get too close.

*Stab*

The commandant's eyes widened and looked to his right where a hand was outstretched past his face. Looking further up the arm he was met with Lucia's reddened scleras. Y/n spared a glance at the girl's sword that stabbed into the corrupted on the ground before shooting a distant corrupted making its way to them. He narrows his eyes at the incoming horde. He looks to them to speak before being pulled down to the ground, narrowly missing the large white beam that came up from behind him. 

"Hey-"

*Wurble**Explosion*

"..."

"..."

"Stop clutching me."

"Sorry!"

Y/n gets off the laying commandant who was smiling bashfully. Lucia had been laying close by with her head ducked before lifting it to look toward the source of the blast. 

"That blast came from Liv."

"You think so?"

"A teammate of yours?" Y/n asks while picking up his sword, as well as proceeding to holster it and his gun. Receiving a nod, he looks around them before he turns to Lucia. "Can you stand?" Without a verbal reply, Lucia worked herself up onto her feet with some assistance from her commandant. 

"We need to regroup with Liv and Lee." Her commandant smiled at her.

"We will." 

"Do you mind if I accompany you?"

The two looked at him surprised. The commandant shakes it off and smiles. He holds out a hand to him. 

"We haven't introduced ourselves. My name is Asher Florence, Commandant of our squad, Gray Raven." He gestures to his companion. "And this is Lucia, leader of the Gray Ravens."

"Greetings..."

"Pleasure to meet you both, my name is Y/n L/n. We should really get going."

"Knowing Lee, our squadmate, he probably suggested that he and Liv get as far away from their firing spot as possible to not risk any corrupted following the line of fire." Asher chimed, "But we should still be able to find them around there. Communication is a little frisky right now."

"Understood."

They nod in agreement and allowed him to take the lead as he began walking in the direction of the beam. They tread at a steady pace, with any corrupted that got near were cleaved by Y/n. After a while, they made it to a clearing with no corrupted near. The Commandant eased his stance a little with Lucia and Y/n keeping their guard. The latter turns to the two. 

"Asher, you didn't receive any wound yourself did you?"

"Oh, well, I feel fine." He responds fluently. However, Y/n's eyes narrowed and he came over to circle him. "What's wrong?" 

Y/n's eyes glowed a little before suddenly grabbing the back end of Asher's jacket and lifted it up.

"You have a couple of bruises and cuts." He speaks as he lowers it down. Lucia grew concerned.

"Commandant?"

"Hey, I do feel fine! Like he said, some bruises and cuts."

"Well, I would prefer it if you let me treat it a little. I noticed your breathing growing rather harsh, even if not by much."

Y/n catches Asher off-guard by sliding his hands underneath his arms and lifting him up from the ground. Lucia stared in confusion as Y/n sets down an annoyed Asher on a large rock. He then proceeds to grab a med-kit. 

"I don't have much say in it, do I?"

Y/n remains silent as he holds up Asher's jacket and lightly sprays something on the cuts of his back, making the Commandant wince. Then Lucia speaks. 

"I believe Liv would do the same Commandant. We should lessen her worries."

"Hm. Alright, if it won't take long."

Y/n nods. 

"Lucia? How are you holding up?"

"I am functioning well enough. Though I'm afraid I'm starting to feel like I'm having to drag my own body."

"I see..."

"Lucia! Commandant!"

Lucia blinked and looked to the source, her companions did the same. Lightly jogging to them was a girl with long white hair with pink ends and pale pink eyes. She wore a white coat and skirt with gold accents, along with black stockings and boots. She had devices on the side of her face, that gave her pink horns and had a dog tag as well. 

The other one calmly walked. They were male with dark brown hair and blue eyes. He wore a black collar shirt with a blue Z at the center, an over coat on top with blue insides, and had a tie at the collar. He had black pants and boots. He also had blue horns sticking out of his hair. He has a pair of pistols in hand. When they noticed Y/n behind Asher, they became cautious. The girl widened her eyes in apprehension at the sight of Lucia. 

"Lucia?" She spoke softly with increasing worry. 

"Liv." The now named Liv stared at Lucia intently, analyzing her body. Lucia fidgeted slightly and held her arm, hoping to hide some of her damage with her head hanging shamefully, knowing the scolding she would receive. 

"What happened to you two? And who is he?" The male came up from behind her, glaring at Y/n. Y/n releases his hold on the Asher's jacket and backs off, holding out his hands. Asher waves his hand.

"Relax Lee, he's friendly, he was treating just now." He spoke with a smile to ease their worries. The male, Lee, huffed. However, any reason to be treated only spurred Liv to quickly come over to see where Y/n was examining. "Woah! Liv! It isn't so bad now thanks to him, calm down."

"That's because there's still a few open cuts left." She goes to grab something from her pocket, but Y/n stopped her by holding out the spray he was using to her. She looks up at him curiously, before accepting, "Thank you..." she then continues where he left off.

"You're welcome, but can I trouble you for some nano-glue?" He asks and she looks at him again. He gestures to Lucia. "I can go ahead and treat her myself." At the mention of her, Lucia stiffens. Both Lee and Liv look to her.

"Something's wrong with your connection Lucia," Lee states with a glare. "What did you do?" As he asks, Y/n begins tending to her arm and other wounds. 

"... I released my pain receptors to better move and protect the Commandant." She states with a high head, not showing any regret in her actions. Though her spirit slightly diminished under Liv's glare, which was not very intimidating to anyone else, but Lee's glare was. 

"How could you go so far? You don't even know what that could do to your M.I.N.D. beacon."

"When people have a wish, they should do all they can to achieve it," Y/n suddenly spoke aloud. He finished his treatment and looked at him. "She wanted to protect her Commandant, who I can imagine as someone worthy of that attention, so when he refused to leave her, she would work hard to keep going with him." He walked up to Lee. "It shouldn't be that hard to deduce, especially for someone who specializes in analyzing the situation."

Lee raises a brow at him. 

"Have we met before?"

"I've skimmed your profile when I was doing some research."

Y/n turns to address the whole team. 

"So this is Gray Raven? I've heard good things about you all?"

"Yup! You already know me and Lucia, but they're a part of our team as well." Asher speaks and looks to Lee,"He's our technician as well as helps in analytical studies." He then turns to Liv, "She's our medic. Liv?"

Y/n turns to each person as Asher introduced them, but then stares at Liv who stared first in curiosity. 

"Hi?"

She jumped slightly and gained a light blush. She stuttered.

"U-Uhm... I-I'm L-Liv E-Ecl... Eclipse!"

Y/n tilts his head.

"You okay? That seems like a bad stutter, is voice box functioning well?"

"I-I'm fine!"

"Alright then. Before your arrival I was in the midst of examining your Commandant, but Lucia still needs tending to."

"Yes! I understand!" Following where he was going, she turns to Lucia to begin repair. 

Y/n nods approvingly before walking away. 

"Now that you have regrouped, I must be on my way." He said before being stopped by someone grabbing his shoulder. He raised his brow as he turned slightly to see Asher looking at me with narrowed eyes.

"Say, you never mentioned your assignment. I don't recall any other names appearing on the mission info."

"I'm tasked with recon and observation. As for what, I can't say." He answers fluently. He shrugs off the hand. "If you wish to know more, ask Commander Nikola."

He makes to move again, but Asher speaks once more. 

"Why don't you accompany us further?"

"What would the point of that be?"

"Right now, we just need to reach a pick up point. Lucia will only be repaired enough to fight for a little longer, so I think it would be in our best interest to stick together."

"It's not my interest. I helped you because I knew you would be overwhelmed. I also work better alone."

"Then help us a little more." The one to speak was Lee, "Our mission right now is to recover the city. Once we've cleared our assigned area of corrupted, the engineering teams will come and rebuild the city. Since Lucia is badly damaged we could use the help. Plus Liv can't fight right now."

"Why not?"

"I overloaded my levi-guns when I attacked a large group of enemies... Sorry... Though I am still capable of computing power and support. However I can't repair Lucia just yet, there are still corrupted around the corner."

"I see... okay, let's hurry."

"Thank you. Is everyone ready?" Asher asks.

"Yes!"

"Always."

They start to walk down a pathway as Y/n follows. He kept looking around with a blank stare. After a bit, He started to hum quietly to myself, much to the curiosity of the others. He felt a presence near and saw it was Liv from the corner of his eye. She was staring out of curiosity again. He stop humming and turns to her. She was startled.

"U-Uhm..."

"Was there something you need?"

"I was w-wondering... are you... the Azure hero?"

He didn't let it show, but he internally cringed at the name. He was also peeved at how closely the others were listening to him. 

"... What makes you say that?"

"Well... I've heard rumors of what you look like and what weapon you wield. When I saw you,  you definitely fit the descriptions. I was more sure when you started to hum. Some people remember your hum and try to repeat it."

" Well, I can't deny that I've been around... Yeah, you got me... Are people really calling me the 'Azure hero'?"

"It's by the color of your energy attacks... Plus, I believe the hero is fitting. You've been helping people everywhere you go, right?"

"I guess that makes sense... are you a fan?"

She blushed again.

"Oh well, I just heard of you and learned to admire your work... Your like a role model for others."

"Oh?"

"I'm not bothering you, am I?"

"Are you really asking that? But no."

"How come I don't see you in Babylonia?"

"... Would you believe me if I said I'm bit of an introvert?"

"Huh?"

"Hey, I have my reasons."

"Okay, so you said you've been around, do you have photos?"

Y/n nods and shows her his wrist band. A hologarm appeared showing the few locations with the minimum desolation. She seemed shocked at the sight, never seeing places like these in such a long tim. 

"Beautiful."

I showed her a picture of a lake untouched by civilization or corrupted. It was surrounded in cherry blossom trees. She swiped the screen and saw images of the fish in the lakes. 

"You've been there?"

"That's a complicated answer."

"Huh?"

"You should realize there is virtually no place on Earth that could make a scene like that in these times. I had found a museum and looked through the data of a projector and found that."

She hums in understanding and looking at the photos that Y/n scrolls through. She kept looking through the photos for a bit before handing it back to him with a smile. It was after this that Lucia speaks. 

"If we head through this church, we'll be able to reach our destination faster."

Asher nods and we continue our way. They enter the church and see all the seats were pushed to the sides, making a clearing at the center. On the other side, light leaked in from an opening in the building wall. They step into the clearing, that's when all of their scanners spiked in virus activity. Someone was here. 

A figure steps out of the blinding light, to reveal another construct, a female. This one had long white hair and from where I can see red and gray eyes. She wore a long black and gray button shirt that reached her thighs, black streaming down the center of the shirt the front covering her crouch. She had red pouches covering a little of her thighs. The shirt was opened at the chest area, showing skin. She wore a red jacket, long enough to cover the rest of her upper thighs, the sleeves reached her elbows. Her arms weren't skin colored, instead they showered her construct frame, though her left arm was red. She wore boots that almost reached her knees, her right leg had a red stocking, while her left was wrapped in dark gray bandages. She had a tattered red scarf and red devices on the side of her face. Lastly, she had a mechanical red sheath that could move by an arm connected to her waist. (She's the girl for the cover of the book)

"A construct? An ally?"

Suddenly, a groan came from Lucia. She began to groan uncomfortably the moment she locked eyes with the girl. 

"Lucia?" Asher speaks to her in concern. At the mention of her name, the construct narrows her eyes. She seemed to be directly staring at Lucia. 

"Her face... I can't see it... Something is messing with my head." Lucia speaks through gritted teeth. 

"We're not feeling anything." Lee retorts. 

"Yeah, we're seeing her clearly."

The red construct then unsheathed her sword and pointed at them.

"Well she ain't friendly."Y/n spoke seriously before he got in front and brought out his sword. Red energy began to surround the enemy.

"What!? The massive amount of virus is coming from her, she's corrupted!" Liv speaks urgently. 

"Everyone get ready! Lucia, stay behind us!"

"Lucia...? Heh... the false one..."

The red construct charged and aimed to get past Y/n who was at the very front of the group.

*Swipe**Bash*

But he reacted faster than she expected and slammed his sword into her, sending her back. She skids against the floor and glares at him. Y/n was slightly unnerved by how familiar that glare was. 

"Out of my way." The unknown corrupted spoke. 

"No."

"I am not a normal construct, do not think I can easily be slain."

"So what? I met some guy a while back like you, know someone by the name of Roland?" He inquires as he gets ready for the next bout. Her eyes slightly widen at the mention of Roland, while the others looked confused. 

"You beat Roland? Not that surprising, he's weak. Though it still takes strength to actually defeat him. Move now, and I might spare you."

"And why would I trust your word? Doesn't matter, if you want Lucia, you'll have to get through me first-"

Choosing not to speak further, the corrupted then slashed the air and fired a red energy arc at him. He easily swings and destroys it, then did the same as she sent multiple. After destroying the last one, she appeared behind it and swung her sword, but was parried and kicked back. As she recovered, he charged and swung his blade down at her. She dodged while the sword left a crater where she once was, now stabbed into the ground. Seeing that he didn't have time to pull it out as she appeared on his right and tried to kick him, but was block with his right arm. He adjusts his arm and grabbed her leg. She was pulled towards him, while at the same time he thrusts his fist into her gut, coated in a blue energy. The hit landed and he let her leg go, sending her flying. She recovered and swung her sword, releasing one large arc of energy. He forces his sword out of the ground and swings the blade against the attack. It managed to cut through, but Y/n gets knocked back by a follow up attack. He dragged his sword into the ground, stopping him from flying off. 

He looks back up and see her zigzag across the room, before reaching him. She swung her sword, but had to jump back to avoid the bullets from his gun, but a few connected. As she back up, he quickly reloads the gun and holsters it. He brings my sword up at her. Neither of them looked to be ready to give in. The unknown corrupted recognized that and sneered in annoyance before using more of her skills. A few seconds later, she appeared before him and swung her sword. Y/n evade but still felt the hit connect. He looks down and see a large cut on his chest, but didn't falter and spun around to block against her sword. 

*Grind**Clash*

Sparks flew as neither of them backed down.

"You're different."

"I could say the same."

Y/n ends the clash by finally overpowering her. She was knocked back and he send an arc following her. She knocked into a wall, making an indent in the shape of her body. She shook her head violently and glared at me. She seems ready to put him six feet under, so sensing this uses some of his own special skills. Blue energy began to roll off of him. 

"What the hell?"

"What's happening to him?"

Left unanswered, they can only continue to observe the fight. 

The construct glared at Y/n heatedly, before her eyes widen in shock as he suddenly appeared behind her. She tried to look back at him, but was sent flying across the room. She slightly struggled to get up, but managed. 

"W-What?"

He stood ready for more as familiar sparks and electricity ran across his body. Her eyes narrow, before looking bewildered.

"Y-you... you have the virus?"

The others gasped.

"She's right! I'm detecting high amounts of virus coming from Y/n! It's more dense then her's!"

"You're like me..."

"Imagine my surprise when I met others."

He charges her again and they enter a clash with Y/n visibly pushing her back. She glared at him.

"What do you gain for protecting them? They're trained to kill anything with the virus."

"They don't deserve to die. "

The clash ended and they backed away from each other. Y/n was now standing in front of Asher and the others again. He showed signs of stopping, but she was slightly wavering. It's starting to kick in.

"You don't completely know that. What do you expect after this fight? To treat you well? They know you have the virus in you."

"And?"

"What?"

"Why should I care? I know why I fight, I am trained to help people." He stared back coldly. "Even if they hate me, that doesn't mean they should die either. They work to help others as well."

She glared before charging. He prepares himself, but saw she stopped halfway in her charge, changed course and-

"Asher."

Asher gasped and tried to get away, but the corrupted was already at his front. She goes to strike, but was blocked by Lucia getting in her way. Though, unlike Y/n, she had great trouble holding her back. The woman managed to end the clash and kick Lucia into a wall. She then appeared in front of Lucia, kicked up her sword, and stabbed her arm with Lucia's sword, pinning her.

"I'll at least end this tragedy now."

She raised her sword, reading the final blow. 

*Bang**Bounce*

Asher shot at the enemies back, with a spare gun, but the shots bounced off. The corrupted turned to her, then saw Liv and Lee pointing their guns at her. Y/n was also walking to them.

"..... Tch."

She jumped into the air and landed on a support beam up in the ceiling.

"Are you really ready to lay down your life for you comrades?"

She directed her gaze at Asher.

"I am."

He glared back with determination. The woman huffed and turned her attention to me.

"I'll keep fighting to protect the humans. So be prepared for when I cut you down."

She glared before leaving through a gap in the roof. Y/n closes his eyes and takes a deep breath, giving his frame a moment to settle and cool down. He holsters his sword and looks to the Gray Ravens. Liv was the first to reach him.

"Y/n, you're injured. I need to treat you."

"I'll be fine. Though, are you not worried of infection."

"Well, that doesn't make me think of you any less. You fought on our behalf after all."

"She's right." Asher speaks up with a smile. "Thanks for that."

Liv agrees with a smile while Lucia nodded. Lee hung back, being the only one cautious of him. 

"We still need to regroup with the other squads."

Y/n stared at him weirdly. He finally nods.

"Than let's take some time to rest and repair."

"Gray Ravens, is this alright with ya'll?" Asher asks. Receiving a nod from two, Asher sit on nearby debris. They all rest, preparing for their next course of action. 

END.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.2K 444 16
Betrayed, branded, and persecuted, Y/n has never had an easy life. He thought he'd found the love of his life but ended up getting ruined instead. Po...
24.7K 671 14
You knew what this was when it started. You had promised yourself you wouldn't fall for him. He had promised he wouldn't hurt you. You both lied... F...
137K 3.4K 27
Yandere Kenma x reader x Yander Kuroo This is a poly ship TW: Gore, Stalking, Sexual themes, major character death I do not own any of these characte...
61.7K 1.4K 24
Your a teenager that is always home alone and a big fan of anime and game, specifically three. He was also bit of a nerd with technology. So when pot...