emmylou | natasha romanoff

Galing kay sansasrose

Kennedy Allen remembers the girl with the blue hair, the same way Natasha Romanoff can't forget the girl with... Higit pa

summary + cast.
prologue.
the meeting.
the promise.
the interrogation.
part one.
one.
two.
three.
five.
six.
seven.
eight.
nine.
ten.
eleven.
part two.
twelve.
thirteen.
fourteen.
fifteen.
sixteen.
seventeen.
eighteen.
nineteen.
part three.
twenty.
twenty-one.
twenty-two.
twenty-three.
twenty-four.
twenty-five.
twenty-six.
part four.
twenty-seven.
twenty-eight.
twenty-nine.
thirty.
thirty-one.
thirty-two.
thirty-three.
part five.
thirty-four.
thirty-five.
thirty-six.
thirty-seven.
thirty-eight.
thirty-nine.
forty.
forty-one.
part six.
forty-two.
forty-three.
forty-four.
forty-five.
forty-six.
forty-seven.
forty-eight.
part seven.
forty-nine.
fifty.
fifty-one.
fifty-two.
fifty-three.
part eight.
fifty-four.
fifty-five.
fifty-six.
fifty-seven.
fifty-eight.
fifty-nine.
sixty.
post-credit #1
post-credit #2
alternate endings.
vormir #1
vormir #2

four.

10.9K 505 306
Galing kay sansasrose

2012
Springfield, Ohio

Natasha and Kennedy walked through IKEA, looking at the furniture curiously. Kennedy stopped in front of a leather couch and tilted her head as she looked at it. Natasha noticed that the doctor was no longer beside her and stopped walking. She turned and found that Kennedy was staring at the leather couch thoughtfully.

"Penny for your thoughts?" Natasha asks as she steps up beside her.

Kennedy looks over at her, eyes scanning her from top to bottom, "I feel like you're a leather kind of girl?"

"Am I?" Natasha asks with a smirk as she quirks a single eyebrow. 

Kennedy laughs as she looks back at the couch, "I meant the couch."

Natasha watches as Kennedy's hand goes to her neck as she begins to fidget with the necklace that sat there. She'd noticed it when they were at dinner. It was an E, which she knew stood for the nickname that she'd hated. She probably got it as something to honor her father.

"Do you like it?" Kennedy asks, forcing Natasha to lift her gaze. She looks over at the couch. It was leather and she did like leather. It was expensive, but it wasn't as though Natasha couldn't afford it.

"I do," Natasha states, "You have a good eye."

"Thank you," Kennedy says with a smile. She claps happily, "Okay so you have a couch! Time to get everything else that you need. Which is actually a lot."

"Hey, don't tell me you're giving up on me now," Natasha says, "Especially after you found this wonderful leather couch."

"I'm not a quitter," Kennedy says, "Come on let's go look at beds."

Kennedy wiggles her eyebrows as she takes off in the direction of the section of the bedroom furniture. Natasha watches her with a smile as she follows after her. It reminded her of the days when they were kids, and she would follow Kennedy to the ends of the world.

"Beds," Kennedy says, "So many choices. What makes a good bed?"

"Good company," Natasha says as green eyes look over at Kennedy, wanting to see her reaction. She couldn't help but flirt with the beautiful woman.

Kennedy glances at her amused, "And what company do you intend to keep in your bed?"

"Haven't decided yet," Natasha replies.

"Well, you better figure it out," Kennedy says as she motions towards the bed, "Because you have a decision to make."

"Why don't you pick out the bed," Natasha suggests, "You did good with the couch."

"Why do I feel like I'm picking things out and you're just paying for it?" Kennedy asks.

"Because that was kind of the plan," Natasha says with a coy smile. Kennedy glares at her and Natasha keeps talking, "It's just I feel like you could have been an interior designer in another life."

"Right," Kennedy responds.

Natasha decides to make an attempt, "Fine, um how about we go with a black theme? Black leather couch, black bed frame-"

"You want black walls too?" Kennedy asks playfully.

"See I was trying to do it myself and you made fun of me."

"No," Kennedy says as she rests a hand on Natasha's shoulder, "You were doing good. I'm sorry, black everything sounds great."

"Honestly?" Natasha asks.

"Honestly," Kennedy tells her.

Natasha smiles and raises one of her eyebrows playfully, "Black coffee table is next."

Kennedy laughs as they continue their way through the store. They're looking at dining tables when Kennedy's phone rings. Natasha watches as she looks at the screen and wonders if it's her fiancé.

"Hi mom," she hears Kennedy say, and just like that Fitz is no longer a concern to Natasha.

Natasha had always liked Kennedy's mother and after learning that she was sick, she found herself upset but that was nothing compared to the gutted feeling she'd felt after learning that Kennedy's father had passed. He was one of those dads that cracked dad jokes and spontaneously took you bowling or to an amusement park.

It was amazing to Natasha how strong Kennedy was. She had lost her dad and was in the process of losing her mother and yet she had this optimistic and compassionate air about her. Where most people would be mad at the world, she decided to smile and roll with the punches.

"I'm at IKEA," Kennedy says, "No, Fitz is still out of town. I'm actually with Natasha – yeah she's the new neighbor that Reagan was telling you about."

Her mother must say something that Kennedy doesn't agree with because there was suddenly a conflicted look on her face, "I'll ask her," Kennedy moves the phone away from her mouth as she looks at Natasha, "My mom wants to know if you want to come to dinner and you can say no if you'd like."

"No, I would love to come to dinner," Natasha says, and Kennedy's brows raise in surprise.

"Really?" she asks. Natasha nods and Kennedy lifts the phone back to her ear, "She said yes. Okay, mom. I love you too."

Kennedy hangs up the phone and looks over at Natasha, "You didn't have to say yes."

"I know that," Natasha says as she traces her hand over the wooden surface of the nearest dining table. Her lips quirk up in a small smile as she lifts her eyes up to meet Kennedy's, "But I feel like it'll be fun."

"If you consider the third-degree fun," Kennedy responds, "I ask a lot of questions. My mom might ask what your social security number is."

"That's a bit personal, don't you think?"

Kennedy laughs, "That's the point."

"Well, I look forward to creatively evading her questions," Natasha says, and Kennedy shakes her head as she looks at the table Natasha had been touching.

"Do you eat alone a lot?"

"I do," Natasha answers, "I honestly don't see the point in buying a dining table, it's not like I'll be having guests."

"What am I, chopped liver?"

"We'll eat on the coffee table," Natasha answers and Kennedy shakes her head.

"Absolutely not. You're getting a dining table," Kennedy says as she looks around, "And look, there's a black one in the corner."

Natasha looks in the corner and spots the table. Kennedy walks towards it and traces her fingers over the back of the white chairs that were positioned with the chairs. She looks over at Natasha with a smile.

"Thoughts?"

"I like it," Natasha says as she steps forward beside Kennedy. She places her hand on the back of the same chair as Kennedy and their fingers brush accidentally. Natasha's gaze quickly goes to Kennedy who was watching Natasha. Neither of them moved. They just watched each other wondering who was going to move away first.

"I was thinking you should get a white rug," Kennedy says softly, "The floors are hardwood, right?"

"Right," Natasha says as she subconsciously licks her lips.

Kennedy moves her hand and uses it to point, "I think I saw carpet and stuff over there."

"Lead the way," Natasha tells her.

They end up spending five hours at IKEA and Natasha ends up spending a lot more money than she intended, but she doesn't care. They bring all of the boxes into the house and stare at them.

"Does your super-secret government job teach you how to put tables and bed frames together?" Kennedy asks and Natasha breathes out a soft laugh at the question.

"If you're asking if I can use a toolbox, then I can."

"That's handy," Kennedy says, and Natasha looks over at her with a grin.

"Did you just make a pun?"

"Me? A pun? No way."

"That was totally a pun," Natasha insists, "It was a good pun."

Kennedy's lips spread in a grin as she tucks a strand of hair behind her ear, "Was it?"

"I was mildly amused," Natasha states and Kennedy's grin widens.

"I guess it was a good pun."

Natasha smiles at the cute expression on Kennedy's face. If Clint could see her now, he'd totally have a field day.

"Coffee table seems easiest," Kennedy tells her, "Want to start there?"

"Sure, you read instructions and I'll build."

Kennedy salutes her, "Sir yes sir."

Natasha shakes her head as she opens the box and begins to pull the pieces out and begins laying them out. She hands the directions to Kennedy who looks extremely excited to read them.

"I've never seen someone so excited to read directions," Natasha states as she hands the paper to Kennedy.

"I put together the furniture in my apartment and it was an absolute nightmare," Kennedy says as she unfolds the directions.

"Fitz didn't help you?"

"He was busy," Kennedy states while she read the directions.

Natasha had a feeling that she was not going to like Fitz when she met him.

They spend the evening attempting (and failing) to put everything together. They get the coffee table and dining table finished, but the bed frame kept falling, and honestly Natasha felt safer sleeping on the floor than on that bed.

Kennedy gets a call from her mother, telling them that dinner was ready, and Natasha couldn't help the nerves. She'd met Kennedy's mother before, but she wouldn't recognize her. Kennedy hadn't even recognized her. However, she wanted to make a good first impression and she wanted Kennedy's mother to like her.

Kennedy glanced over at her as they stood on the porch of Kennedy's house which was the same as when Natasha had left. She looked at it fondly thinking of the days where she and Kennedy would sit there and talk of absolutely nothing.

"You okay?" Kennedy asks her.

Natasha smiles as she looks over at Kennedy, "Yeah. I'm okay."

"Good," Kennedy says, "Now would be a good time to brace yourself."

"Bracing," Natasha tells her and Kennedy smiles as she opens the front door of her house. She steps inside and Natasha follows, taking in the house with curious eyes. So much had changed and yet so much was the same.

She paused as she looked at the pictures on the wall, some she remembered while there were new ones like Kennedy's graduation picture and Reagan's baby pictures. And Natasha's heart nearly stopped as she saw pictures of her and Kennedy. The only picture she had been able to keep was one that she and Yelena had taken in a photo booth.

She takes one last look at the picture before following Kennedy into the kitchen.

There stood Meredith Allen who had been like a second mother to Natasha. There were wisps of grey hair in her head and she looked frail. She looks up from the pot in front of her and her face lights up at the sight of Kennedy.

"Hi mom," Kennedy greets as she embraces the woman.

"Kennedy!" she looks over Kennedy's shoulder at Natasha who gives a wave. She releases her daughter and smiles at her, "You must be the new neighbor."

"It's a pleasure to meet you," Natasha says as she holds her hand out, but Meredith ignores it as she pulls Natasha into an embrace. Natasha smiles as she returns the embrace and has the urge to cry as she thinks of the days that Meredith would pick her up from school and take her to the movies and all the other things, she had done for a younger version of herself.

"Sorry," Meredith says, "We're huggers around here."

"It's fine," Natasha tells her, "I love hugs."

"I like you already," Meredith says, "Oh I'm Meredith Allen if Kennedy here hasn't told you already."

"I'm Natasha Romanoff," she says and Meredith grins.

"That's a funny thing, Kennedy's childhood best friend was also named Natasha. They were as thick as thieves those two. Kennedy was never the same when she left."

"I've told Natasha all about the other Natasha," Kennedy says, "No need to rehash everything."

"Natasha!" Reagan says as she enters the kitchen, "It's great to see you again."

"You too Reagan. Oh, Kennedy told me your go-to at the diner and I must say that was the best grilled cheese I've ever had."

"Right!" Reagan exclaims as she hits her sister on the shoulder, "She gets it."

"I hope you like chicken and dumplings," Meredith says.

"I love it actually," Natasha says and Meredith grins.

"Then I'll make you a bowl," Meredith tells her.

"I'll do it, mom," Kennedy says, but Meredith slaps her daughter's hand away.

"I am capable of doing this."

Kennedy holds her hands up, "Okay then, I'll go and uh set the table."

"I'll help you," Natasha says, and Kennedy smiles thankfully at her.

They head into the dining room and Kennedy sets up four spots with a small smile, "It's been forever since we've set up four spots at the dining table. It's nice."

"Hey if you ever need a fourth person, I will gladly come over for dinner," Natasha tells her and Kennedy laughs.

"Knowing my mom, she'd probably invite you over every night," Kennedy says with a smile, "Thank you for doing this."

"Coming over and eating free food?" Natasha asks and Kennedy laughs.

"No, it's just my mom doesn't get out like she used to, and she loves people, and you seem like a lone wolf type. You're probably out of your comfort zone right now."

"You'd be surprised how vast my comfort zone is," Natasha shares and Kennedy glances at her amused.

"Well thank you," Kennedy says.

"You're welcome."

"Okay," Meredith says as she begins bringing bowls into the dining room. Her hands shake a little as she sets them down and Natasha reaches out and takes it from her with a smile. Meredith looks at her thankfully. Reagan comes in behind her mother with two bowls, one of which she sets in front of Kennedy.

They all sit and begin eating. Natasha was excited to have a homecooked meal. She could cook but most times she ordered takeout and there were nights that she went to Clint's and would help Laura cook, but it had been a while.

"So, Natasha, what do you do?"

"I work for the government," Natasha replies with a smile, and across the table, she can see a smirk on Kennedy's lips as she drinks her glass of water.

"Oh, Kennedy's fiancé works for the government," Meredith says, and Natasha smiles and nods her head, feigning interest in Kennedy's fiancé. Across the table, she can see the way Kennedy's body tenses. She doesn't want to talk about Fitz.

"You know we thought that Kennedy would never get married."

"Mom," Kennedy states.

"And then she met Fitz. He was such a charmer. President of the student council and captain of the football team."

"Your bragging makes Fitz sound like a douche," Reagan says.

"Reagan Marie, we don't use that language at the dinner table."

"It's reserved for the couch," Reagan tells Natasha with a grin.

"Natasha, are you seeing anyone?"

She notices how Kennedy's gaze drops at the question.

"Oh no," Natasha answers, 'I'm not seeing anyone right now."

"Really?" Meredith asks, "A woman as beautiful as yourself, I find that hard to believe."

"My job is really demanding," Natasha says nodding her head.

"I see. It's good to work hard. But don't let hard work stop you from settling down. Having children, that's a feeling unparalleled."

Natasha had accepted the fact that she would never mother her own children years ago. She accepted that she could never want the simple things in life, like kids. However, accepting those facts did not make it hurt any less.

"Mom," Kennedy says, "Not everyone wants to be a mother."

"Which is totally fine," Meredith states, "Motherhood certainly isn't for everyone. But love is and you should never let anything get in the way of that. My husband, he was such a romantic. He would write me letters once a month just to remind me how much he loved me. I think everyone deserves to experience something like that."

"I can't even get a text back," Reagan mutters. Kennedy and Natasha both grin at the teen's words.

"That's what's wrong with your generation," Meredith says shaking her head, "Always texting."

"What would you prefer me to do? Send ravens like they did in your day?"

Meredith's jaw drops and Kennedy muffles her laughter behind her hand, "I am not that old!"

"For that comment, I think Reagan should clear up everyone's plates!" Kennedy exclaims with a grin as she stacks hers on top of Reagan's. Her younger sister glares at her but doesn't protest as she goes to pick up the plates.

"Well mom it's getting late, and I have an early shift tomorrow," Kennedy says.

"Yeah, I should be going too, I have furniture to build."

"Oh well thank you for coming over," Meredith says, "Natasha you are welcome over any time, okay?"

"Thank you. That courtesy extends to you as well. And if you ever need anything, I'm right there," Natasha says with a smile.

"I'll see Natasha out," Kennedy says as she leans down and kisses her mother on the cheek, "Love you."

"Love you too."

"Love you, Reagan!"

"Love you too," Reagan shouts from the kitchen.

They head out of the front door and Kennedy sighs loudly. She looks over at Natasha, "Well that could have gone worse."

"It's fine."

"I'm really sorry for what she said about the whole mother thing. She can be a little old-fashioned. I know that it's not for everyone."

"Do you want to be a mother?" Natasha asks, suddenly curious. She was getting married to a man she didn't love. Was she also going to mother children that she didn't potentially want?

"I do," Kennedy replies, "I love kids."

Of course, she wanted kids. Kennedy already had the makings of a great mother.

"Do you?" Kennedy asks.

"I did," Natasha answers, "But um I don't think it's in the cards for me."

"Don't say that," Kennedy says, "Adoption is totally a thing and they can get super cool Christmas gifts from Aunt Kennedy."

Natasha laughs, "So you're a surrogate aunt to my kids now?"

"Hey, you only have two friends so you're gonna need all the help that you can get," Kennedy teases, "But if kids are something you want, don't write them off. I get the feeling you'd be a great mom."

"You hardly know me."

"Call it intuition," Kennedy says with a shrug, "Can I walk you home?"

"I'd love that," Natasha tells her with a grin.

They step off of Kennedy's porch and walk down the length of the driveway, "So who were you in high school if Fitz was student body president and football captain?"

"I was nobody," Kennedy answers, "I was in clubs that did community service, but that's it. Everyone hated me but I was already used to it."

"Well, you're not a nobody now," Natasha insists, "You're honestly the nicest person I've ever met and you're quite punny."

Kennedy rolls her eyes playfully, "I made one pun."

Natasha shrugs as they step onto her porch, "It was a good pun. Very memorable. And you're great at reading IKEA instructions."

"Thanks," Kennedy states, "Hey, there's an end of summer carnival. You should come."

"Will you be there?" Natasha asks.

"I wouldn't invite you if I wasn't," Kennedy states, "There are games and live music. The whole town shows up and it's super fun."

"I'll be there," Natasha says and Kennedy grins.

"Great, well I suppose this is goodnight."

"Goodnight," Natasha says as she opens the front door of her house.

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

311K 6.7K 43
Y/n is an orphan mutant, her powers first showed When she was 2 and is now 13. She doesn't Have full control of her powers. She has powers or control...
5.5K 204 21
||BEHIND THE MASK SERIES: BOOK 3|| ────── ✼✼✼ ────── "You can continue on with your life or you can become someone who matters." ────── ✼✼✼ ────── In...
404K 11.7K 19
in which the dark sorcerous fell in love with the naive witch • " i thought you said there were only two of them! " " well, I only saw red and blu...
1.1M 45.1K 40
🚨[HEAVY EDITING (editing on hold)]🚨 DISCLAIMER! This story was made in 2020 so any information about future Marvel works will be as if the reader i...