SuperPotter 3

SuperPotter7 által

Dean now only has a year to live, Hermione does everything she can to make sure he doesn't go to hell. But si... Több

Chapter 1 The Magnificent Seven
Chapter 3 Bad Day At Black Rock
Chapter 4 Sin City
Chapter 5 Bedtime Stories
Chapter 6 Red Sky At Morning
Chapter 7 Fresh Blood
Chapter 8 A Very Supernatural Christmas
Chapter 9 Malleus Maleficarum
Chapter 10 Dream A Little Dream Of Me
Chapter 11 Mystery Spot
Chapter 12 Jus In Bello
Chapter 13 Ghostfacers
Chapter 14 Chapter 14 Long-Distance Call
Chapter 15 Time Is On My Side
Chapter 16 No Rest For The Wicked

Chapter 2 The Kids Are Alright

251 9 0
SuperPotter7 által

Sam and Hermione are sitting at a table in a generic diner. Sam is working on his laptop and talking on his phone. Hermione reading the newspaper. Dean is nowhere to be seen. Sam looks around a bit frantic.

'What do you mean you don't think it will work, Bobby? It's a demon-dispelling ritual,' Dean who's outside, taps on the front window and waves a packet of papers. 'Well, maybe we got the translation wrong,' The door jangles. 'Look, we can't just let Dean fry in hell while we—' He pauses to listen to Bobby. 'Well, there's got to be something that w—' He feels a sharp nudge in his side. He looks up and notices Dean approaching the table. 'Oh, ah, yeah, no, ah, I...I gotta go. Uh. Okay. Never mind,' Sam hangs up the phone quickly.

Dean stands next to the table looking suspiciously at Sam. 'Hey. Who was that?' He asks.

'Ah, I was just ordering pizza,' Sam responds quickly.

Dean looks around. 'Dude, you do realise that you're in a restaurant?'

'Yeah. Yeah. Oh, yeah. I...just felt like pizza, you know?' Sam smiles, tight-lipped. Hermione slightly chuckles behind the newspaper.

Dean sits down. 'O-kay, Weirdy Mcweirderton,' He clears his throat. So, I think I got something,'

'Yeah?' Hermione asks as she lowers the paper.

'Cicero, Indiana. Falls on his own power saw,'

'And? What, that's it? One power saw?' Sam asks.

'Well...yeah,'

'And you think that this is a case?'

'Well, I don't know. Could be,'

'I don't know, Dean. I—I—'

'All right, there's something better...better in Cicero than just a case,' Dean confesses.

'And that is?' Hermione asks.

'Lisa Braeden,'

Sam sighs. 'Should I even ask?'

'Remember that road trip took, uh...gosh, about eight years ago now? You were in Orlando with Dad wrapping up that banshee thing,'

'Yeah. Yeah, the five states, five-day—' Sam remembers.

Dean laughs. 'Yeah. Well, kind of. Although I spent most of my time in Lisa Braeden's loft,' 

'So let me get this straight. You want—you want to drive all that way to Cicero just to hook up with some random chick?' Sam asks.

'She was a yoga teacher. It was the bendiest weekend of my life. Come on. Have a heart, huh? It's my dying wish,'

'Yeah, well, how many dying wishes are you gonna get?'

'As many as I can squeeze out. Come on. Smile, Sam! God knows I'm gonna be smiling after 24 hours with Gumby girl,' He chuckles to himself, Sam laughs too. 'Gumby girl,' Dean frowns. 'Does that make me Pokey?'

They pull up outside a motel in Cicero, Indiana. Dean stops to let Sam and Hermione out.

'Don't wait up for me,' Dean starts to drive off as Sam is still pulling his bag out of the car.

'Wait, Dean. Dean, you...Dean!' Dean drives off. Leaving Sam and Hermione standing there.

'Well, now what?' Hermione asks as she looks over towards Sam. He shrugs as the two of them enter the motel.

Hermione and Sam are sitting inside their motel room. Sam is looking at things on his laptop. He groans in frustration.

'What is it?' Hermione asks looking up from her book.

'The damn internet. It's just so slow. I saw a dinner on the way. Maybe they have better internet than this,' Sam gets up from his chair. 'Why don't you stay here and try to find if there is something here,'

'Sure,' Hermione responds.

'You can always bother Dean,' Sam suggests.

'I don't think he would appreciate that,'

Sam chuckles. 'If there's anything call,'

'Will do,' Hermione responds as she hears Sam close the door. The room got quiet as Hermione sighed. Normally Sam would have brought her everywhere with them as would Dean but now with the Yellow-eyed demon dead, she wasn't in big danger anymore. Hermione looks back at her book. Even after Dean's warning she and Sam still keep looking for a way to save him. Hermione felt that she owed him that after all, he had sold his soul for her after she made a mistake. Hermione closes the book, she did not feel like researching. She wanted to do something, help someone, not being stuck in this motel room. Hermione gets up from the chair. She puts the books on anything related to getting Dean of the deal in her bag, she didn't want him to find out what she and Sam were doing. Hermione grabs her jacket from the coat rack. She wasn't sure where she should go. She could meet up with Sam but he would probably be researching about the deal and Hermione did not want to do that again. She could find Dean but he did ditch them to spend some time with Lisa. Hermione did not want to find out what he and Lisa were doing at this time. She decides to just take a stroll around the neighbourhood. Maybe there was a case here. Hermione grabs the keys from the room and goes outside.

It was a lovely day Hermione thought to herself. She looks around her surroundings; it looks just like any other suburban street. Nicely kept houses, perfect gardens. Hermione puts her hands in her pocket and walks down the street. She notices the Impala standing in front of one of the suburban houses with festive balloons. Hermione walks towards the car and notices Dean sitting inside of it. She knocks on the window, startling him.

'Hermione what the hell!' Dean shouts. 

Hermione chuckles. 'I'm sorry Dean.

'You know I only got a year to live I don't want to die due to a heart attack,'

'Oh come on Dean it wasn't that bad,'

'All right get in the car before someone sees you,' Hermione walks around the car confused over what Dean just said.

'I don't think me getting in the car has something to do with Lisa?' Hermione asks.

'Not at all,' Dean responds. Hermione raises her eyebrows. 'This is a very behaved neighbourhood, Hermione. What would they think if they saw you hanging—'

'All right Dean I got it but what are you doing here standing in front of what's clearly a kids birthday party,'

'Well, that's because it's Lisa's house,'

Hermione looks over Dean towards the house. 'She has a kid?'

'Apparently yeah,' Dean sighs.

'Well, there goes your plan,'

'Yeah, but my plan has to be on hold anyway since there is something here. I just called Sam to inform him too,'

'What do you mean?' Hermione asks.

'Apparently, four more freak accidents that never made the paper. Like people falling off of ladders and drowning in their Jacuzzis all over the neighbourhood,'

'That is weird,' Hermione agrees. 'I'll call Sam and try to find out more. You go have fun with Lisa, we can't just take away this opportunity,' Hermione gets out of the car. Dean chuckles.

'You know she has a kid right?' Dean shouts after her.

'When did that ever stop you?' Hermione responds as she walks away. Dean shakes his head as he looks after her.

Sam is dressed in a dark suit with Hermione dressed in a suit with a pencil skirt. Both of them pose as insurance agents. They're speaking to a young mother.

'So, once again, we are very sorry to disturb you. We just really want to expedite that life insurance policy,' Sam explains.

'Of course,' The mother responds. She takes them back, where a ladder leans against the wall. 'This is, um, where he fell,'

'I see. now, how exactly did he—'

'He was just inside changing a light bulb. Must have lost his balance,'

'Were you here when this happened?' Hermione asks.

'No. I was out. Uh, the only one here was our daughter, Dakota,' Inside of the house a little girl is looking out at them. Hermione notices something dark red smudged on the window and railing.

'Okay,' Sam responds. He pauses for a second as he looks around, from the daughter to the red smear. 'Well, uh, I think that's all I need,'

Okay,'

'We'll get out of your way now,'

'Thank you,' The mother turns and goes up the steps with Sam behind her. He sees a strange injury on the back of her neck; it has an oval shape, with multiple dots around it, like the mark from a sucker or teeth.

Sam went back to the motel room trying to make a start on the research. Hermione went by other houses to see if any of the others had these marks on their necks. As she leaves one of the houses, she notices Dean sitting on a park bench. She looks at her watch and then back at Dean, not sure what to do. She decides to walk over towards him. When she's standing behind him she sees him giving a thumbs up towards one of the kids that was standing there.

'Lisa's kid?' Hermione asks. 

Dean looks behind him. 'Yeah, that's her kid Ben,'

'Sweet kid,' Hermione says as she takes place next to Dean. Ben turns back suddenly and kicks one of the kids hard between the legs. The kid crumples to the ground, and Ben takes the game back. Dean looks over at Hermione, smirking. Ben runs back to the bench and a grinning Dean.

'Thanks. Dude, that was awesome!'

'Benjamin. Isaac. Braeden! What's gotten into you?' A woman who had seen the end of the exchange shouted.

'He stole my game,' Ben responds in defence.

'So you kick him? Since when is—' She breaks off when she notices Dean and Hermione with Dean still grinning. 'Did you tell my son to beat up that kid?'

'No I—' Hermione sputters.

'What? Somebody had to teach him how to kick the bully in the nads,' Dean responds.

'Who asked you to teach him anything?'

'Just relax,'

'What are you even still doing here? We had one weekend together a million years ago. You don't know me. And you have no business with my son,' She stalks over to Ben and grabs him to walk off with him.

'Lisa,' Dean tries.

'Just leave us alone,' She and Ben begin to leave, but Ben pulls out of her grip and runs back to give Dean an impulsive hug. 'Ben!'

'Thanks,' Ben says, still hugging Dean. He runs back to Lisa and they leave. Dean watches them until he notices three children with creepy stares watching them.

'She seems nice,' Hermione responds.

'Who?' Dean asks as he returns his attention towards Hermione. 'Oh, Lisa. Yeah, she's the best but we need to meet up with Sam,' 

Sam is at his computer, doing research in the motel room. Dean and Hermione enter.

'Something is wrong with the kids in this town,' Dean says as he enters the room.

'Yeah. Tell me about it,' Sam responds. He looks at a website on changeling lore. 'So, what do you know about changelings?'

'Evil monster babies?'

'No, not necessarily babies,' Sam responds.

Dean realises it. 'They're kids. Creepy, ''stare at you like you're lunch'' kids?

'Yeah. There's one at every victim's house,'

Later in the evening, Sam is seated on the bed, as Dean prepares a kerosene torch. Hermione is walking around the room.

'So changelings can perfectly mimic children. According to lore, they climb in the window, snatch the kid. You know, there were marks on the windowsill at one of the kid's houses. Looked to me like blood,' Sam explains.

'The changeling grabs a kid, assumes its form, joins the happy fam just for kicks?' Dean asks.

'Not quite. Changelings feed on the mom: synovial fluid. The moms have these odd bruises on the back of their necks. Changelings can drain them for a few weeks before mom finally croaks,'

'And then there's dad and the babysitter,' Dean points out.

'Yeah. Seems like anyone who gets between the changeling and its food source ends up dead,' Hermione answers.

Dean holds up the torch. 'And fire is the only way to waste them?'

Sam nods. 'Yup,'

'Great. We'll just bust in, drag the kids out, torch them on the front lawn. That will play great with the neighbours. What about the real ones? What happens to them?'

'According to the lore, they stash them underground somewhere. I don't know why, but if it's true, the real kids might be out there,' Hermione responds.

'We better start looking,' Dean pauses for a moment. 'So, any kid in the neighbourhood is vulnerable?'

'Yep,' Sam responds.

'We got to make a stop. I want to check on someone,'

'Well Dean, if the real kids are still alive, we don't have time. We—'

'We have to,'

Dean rings the doorbell, and Lisa opens the door looking bewildered.

'Dean? What a—'

'I was thinking...Ben's birthday. I didn't even bring him a present,' Dean breaks in.

'That's okay,'

'No. No, no, I feel terrible, so, uh...' He hands her a credit card. 'Here. Take a long weekend—just the two of you—on me,'

'What?'

'Yeah, I hear Six Flags is great this time of year. Go now. Avoid the traffic,'

Lisa reads the name on the card. 'Siegfried Houdini. Whose card is this?'

'Mine,' Lisa nods sceptically. 'Never mind. It'll work. I promise,'

'You should leave,'

'Lisa...'

Ben comes down the stairs. 'Mommy, what's wrong?'

'Nothing, Ben. It's cool,' Dean responds.

'Make him go away, mommy,' Ben says tonelessly.

'You heard him. Get out,'

'Lisa...I don't think that's a good idea,' Dean tries.

'Get out!' Dean watches Lisa and Ben from outside the house. Lisa is reading a book. Ben is sitting with an open book, staring at his mother. Dean notices a damp red mark on a couple of window frames. He runs back to Sam and Hermione, who are in the Impala.

'They took Ben. He's changed,'

'What?! Are you sure?' Hermione asks.

'Yeah, I'm sure. I checked his windowsill,'

'Blood?' Sam asks.

'I don't think it is blood, and I think I know where the kids are,'

The car stops at a house under construction. There is a large mound of dirt outside the semi-finished home, with a Cicero Realty For Sale sign. Sam picks some up and inspects it on his fingers.

'Red dirt. That's what was on the window,' Sam informs.

'Ah, you and Hermione take the front. I'll go around,' Dean orders.

Inside the house, Sam, Dean and Hermione wander about with their flashlights. Dean hears a noise in the basement and goes to inspect, finding a series of cages, each containing abducted kids. He notices Ben in one of the cages.

'Ben...Ben....it's okay. I'm gonna get you out of here, okay?'

Suddenly, a redheaded woman enters and sees Sam and Hermione.

'What do you think you're doing?' Sam and Hermione see her monster-like reflection in a pane of glass. 'This is private property. I'm calling the police. You heard me! Get out!' She advances slowly towards Sam.

Sam reaches for his bag. 'Ah, I could—just let me get my bag. We're going. I, I don't mean to cause any trouble,' Sam reaches for his bag and pulls out a flame-thrower which he aims at her; there is a whooshing noise and she has apparently disappeared. Sam and Hermione look around.

Dean opens Ben's cage. He pulls Ben out of the cage and hugs him.

'Come on. Let's go,' Dean sets Ben down and ruffles his hair. 'All right, come on,' Dean breaks open cages and he and Ben help children out.

'It's okay. You're gonna get out of here, all right? Hurry!'

'Come on, girls! Come on! Keep moving, keep moving. Okay, everybody back! Everybody back!' Dean clears off a windowsill and prepares to smash the glass. 'Cover your eyes!' He breaks the window with a plank of wood, and begins to brush the glass off.

Ben takes off his jacket. 'Here. Use this,'

'All right. All right, Ben. Come on. Come on,'

'Him first,' Ben says, indicating another kid.

Sam and Hermione come running in. 'Hey! Dean! There is a mother,' Sam says.

'A mother changeling?'

'Yeah. We gotta get these kids out quick,'

'Right there, right there. There's one more. You got to break the lock!'

'I guess that's why the changelings are keeping the kids alive—so the mom can snack on the them,'

Hermione frees the real redheaded woman. 'There. Come on, I gotcha,' Katie starts to scream as she sees the mother changeling behind her. Dean goes flying and lands on his back, groaning in pain. The changeling mom turns around. Sam has the flamethrower and a lighter. She kicks the lighter out of his hand, then roundhouse kicks him again, she throws a few punches and generally kicks his ass, before throwing him across the room. Dean has gotten to his feet, and lunges after her with a 2x4. She punches and knocks Dean down again.

'Ben get them out of here!' Dean shouts. Ben helps the other kids up and out the window, and climbs out himself. Hermione stands behind the changeling mom as Dean fights with her.

'Incendio,' The spell burns her to a crisp. As she goes up in flames, all the other changeling kids also disappear in flames.

Sam, Dean and Hermione drive Ben back home; he runs out to hug his mom.

'Ben?! Ben! Baby, are you okay?' Lisa shouts as she exits the house.

'I'm okay, Mom,' 

'Oh, my god. What the hell just happened?'

'I'll explain everything if you want me to, but, trust me, you probably don't. The important thing is, is that Ben is safe,' Dean explains.

'Thank you,' She hugs Dean. 'Thank you,'

'We're gonna give you guys some time,' Sam tells them. As Lisa, Ben and Dean enter the house. 'Hey I need to check something out, I'll see you later,' Sam says to Hermione as he walks away.

'Sure. I'll wait just here then,'

Hermione is sitting on a parkbenche when Dean exits the house.

'Hey stranger,' He greeds when he notices Hermione sitting.

'Hey Dean,'

'Where is Sam?'

'Honestly I don't know he said he needed to check something and left,'

Dean sits next to her. 'It's like he's up to something,'

Hermione chuckles. 'Maybe. Hey you pretty good with kids,'

'What can I say kids love me,'

'Maybe it's because you sometimes act like a kid,'

'Ouch that hurt Granger,' Dean says as he pretends to be hurt.

'Oh come on Winchester, I thought you could take punch,'

Dean laughs. 'Yeah, only when it gets fixed by a witch,' Hermione looks over towards Dean and smiles.

'So who else is on the list?' Hermione asks.

'I think the list ends here. I hope you two don't mind me returning,'

'We actually already replaced you,' Hermione replies chuckling.

'Haha very funny. Come on let's get out of here,' He and Hermione get up and walk down the street.

Olvasás folytatása

You'll Also Like

53.8K 2K 24
After living her life as a hunter for almost a year now, Emma Winchester thinks that nothing can surprise her. But she's wrong. When a new threat ris...
32.3K 479 15
Sam wasn't the only vessel that was meant for Lucifer. There is also his sister. After being raises by demons and monsters, for her entire life, one...
360 36 12
As the Winchesters and the girls prepare for the upcoming demon attack, Sam starts to notice that Shela is acting weird, she is demanding, rude, and...
61.8K 1.1K 23
Sam Winchester and Hermione Granger became best friends at Stanford. On one night Dean came to their apartment asking for Sam's help. When Sam left H...