Eagle of Knights (An Arabic L...

By TheQueenofDarkness

Arabs are well known for their culture, Poetry, and hospitality. They are also recognized for their valor and... More

Eagle of Knights (An Arabic Love Story)
Eagle Of Knights Chp1
Eagle Of Knights Chp2
Eagle Of Knights Chp3
Eagle Of Knights Chp4
Eagle Of Knights Chp6
Eagle of Knights Chp7
Eagle of Knights Chp8
Eagle of Knights Chp9
Eagle of Knights Chp10
Eagle of Knights Chp11
Eagle of Knights Chp12
Eagle of Knights Chp13
Eagle of Knights Chp14
Eagle Of Knights Chp15

Eagle Of Knights Chp5

5.5K 477 140
By TheQueenofDarkness

Hi guys, enjoy the chapter :) 

~*He who does not know his past cannot make the best of his present and future, for it is from the past that we learn~* His Highness Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan

Four Moons later

The desert sky greeted the heavy clouds that showered down with an intense speed. Even though it was dhuhr, the world was gloomy due to the dreary clouds. As far as the eye could see dark clouds had enveloped the sky in its thick veil. Sagr al fursan, along with his companions, sat under a large tree on plain land as the wind turned vicious. Badr leaned against the tree trunk with his hands crossed over his chest, his ax and sword on his right. His hair that reached his shoulder; drenched.

"Ya Saif, use your senses and discover us a sanctuary." Dhiyab groaned, hiding behind the horse that stood behind him.

Jabbir looked at Dhiyab and smirked. The man reminded him of Nasser, Faris's brother. However, Dhiyab had an esoteric side that plagued him, making him question Badr's judgment in permitting Dhiyab in this journey. "There is nothing in sight for miles, Dhiyab. We shall wait until the rain subsides."

Badr disregarded their jesting and gazed at the raindrops falling on the sand. Every time a drop descended, the water splattered around, causing ripples in the newly formed puddle. The weather was unsympathetic, and gooseflesh rose on his skin due to the chilly breeze.

He closed his eyes and endeavored to recall how it felt to be inside his father's homely warm tent. Just as he commenced to feel the warmth in his heart, his father's face drenched in blood flashed before his eyes. Instantly, Badr opened his eyes and curled his right hand to hide the quiver from the men around him.

Ever since they departed from the tribe, horrifying dreams haunted him. It did not matter if he was asleep or awake; Badr continually saw his father's face, his blood that still felt warm on his hands. Uncrossing his arms, Badr ran his hands over his face. His thobe clung on his chest, and arms and dirt coated his sandals.

He turned to look at his right Jabbir, and Dhiyab sought refuge from their horse: whereas Saif sat right below the rain. The man was indeed one with nature: nothing bothered him. Badr's gaze once again landed on Dhiyab and recalled how the man had joined them. When Badr sat alone with Dhiyab to discuss certain matters; then he disclosed why he so ardently desired to join Badr.

Dhiyab was just as damaged as Badr: there was a deep scar in his heart that bled every day. A few moons ago, Dhiyab had been away with his fellow knights for hunting: on that hapless day, the burglars raided his tribe. Unlike, the Rashideen they were not as fortunate. The bandits not only looted but massacred many of the tribesmen. Many were martyrs, and what turned Dhiyab into a fiend was the death of his spouse, who died while carrying their first offspring. And ever since then, Dhiyab had been searching for a way to avenge his spouse.

Badr had heard of Dhiyab. When he saw the man in Souk al Layl, Badr knew immediately who the man before him was. Even though Dhiyab resided away from their tribes, he was renowned for being one of the most outstanding warriors. Some even gave him the title of being the second man who could battle Prince of knights, Faris, after Badr. That was another reason why Badr permitted him in this cluster.

If they share the burden of this journey, then Badr must make sure they all see it through. The men were his responsibility now. Indeed, he made some advancements, but that did not quench his thirst. They had only found and brought justice to a few bandits ever since Dhiyab joined them, but Badr was nowhere near locating the actual culprit behind this enormous tribe of burglars.

However, there was a way if Badr were to tread on; it might help him reach his goal quicker. With that path, there was an issue that afflicted him for some time now, and today he needed to disclose it to his companions.

"Ya Dhiyab," Badr called, pushing back his wet, messy hair away from his eyes. The men turned towards him. "You have been living in these territories of the desert: have you ever heard of 'the wolf pack?"

Dhiyab peered at Badr for a long while. Water dripped down his massive form as his jaw ticked as the wind swayed the branches over them. "Indeed, I have."

"I have been meaning to ask you, do you know where to locate them?" Badr questioned, but it sounded somewhat like a demand.

Dhiyab sighed. "Why, ya Sheikh?"

Badr changed his position, so now his right leg propped, and his hand rested over it. "With the speed, we are moving to locate our enemy even with Saif's aid," he gestured towards the man with the same hand. "We seem to be losing them at every corner. Whenever we are near this foe, we are too late, or we received the incorrect information about their hideaway."

"What are you insinuating, ya Badr?" Jabbir asked, muddled.

"I want to seek this group of men." Badr voiced his disorganized thoughts.

Dhiyab laughed. "Forgive me, ya Shiekh; you seem to omit that this pack of wolves you wish to locate are just as deranged as the man we both desired to annihilate."

"What do you mean?" Jabbir requested, even Saif turned his body towards Dhiyab.

Dhiyab looked upwards, groaning. Droplets of rain fell on his face from the leaves. "This crowd of men, the wolf pack, they eradicate in the most monstrous way I have ever witnessed in these lands. Their enemies are always_ which I must add, are roughish men on earth_ butchered with their heads on a stake and intestine mutilated as if someone gutted them with their bare hands."

"What on earth!" Jabbir exclaimed, disturbed.

"That is not the end there, the wolf pack, do not serve a master or leader. They are a group of unhinged men. With every slaying, they aspire to send a message."

"This cannot be true? Why has no one stopped them?" Jabbir glowered.

"Your friend here," Dhiyab pointed at Badr, "Wishes to locate such deranged beings."

Jabbir looked at Badr in oppugning eyes. "We cannot veer from our prey, Badr."

Badr rolled his bottom lip. "Their enemy is the same as ours."

"We are not sure of that," Dhiyab interjected.

Badr shook his head. The movement caused droplets of water to drip down his shoulders. "La, ya Dhiyab. Their foe is the same as mine."

"How can you be certain of that?" Jabbir demanded, apprehensive that his friend might lose track of his pursuit.

"I have been compiling information about 'wolf pack' over a few moons now. They are men searching for righteousness in these lands. They are men who bring justice to these lands. I am certain if we join hands with them, we will reach our enemy quicker than we can envision." Badr clarified in a calm voice.

Silence swallowed them as the men around Badr contemplated over the notion. Time was slipping between their fingers, and their enemy was getting further away. Badr was getting agitated; he could not drag these men more than he already had. His journey needed to come to an end soon.

"If what you say is true, ya Badr, you have my word that I shall obey you." Jabbir was the first one to accede.

Saif gave Badr a nod.

"My mother awaits for my return, and if shaking hands with these raving mad men; accomplishes that for me, ya Badr, then I shall follow your lead," Dhiyab declared, running a hand over his sword.

"Very well. In sha Allah, tomorrow we shall journey to where Saif apprises me, they are dwelling." Badr informed them. He could have led these men to wherever he wished; however, Badr wanted them to trust him and his decision, hence notifying them beforehand and obtaining their opinion was essential for his sanity.

"In sha Allah, we shall, and we must..." Jabbir trailed off as Saif sprang to his feet, looking around in the heavy rain.

"What is it, Saif?" Badr stood next to him, now feeling the true force of the rain as it planted down on their backs.

Saif shook his head; however, his eyes stayed ahead, staring straightforward. "Is it the two men tracking us from Souk al Layl?"

Saif shook his head again, but this time he took a step forward as a silhouette materialized in the rain. Badr squinted, preparing his body to leap for his sword. Jabbir and Dhiyab stood behind Badr, looking at the approaching man. Just then, lightning ripped through the grey clouds torching the sky, and thunder followed. The rain fell at such speed that the men could not see clearly; another thunder rolled in the sky as if fighting to unshackle itself, and tiny white pebbles started to blanket the desert in white.

The men took a few steps back to stand below the tree. Jabbir and Dhiyab quickly wrapped their headdress over their head to shield themselves. The hail landed on the four men severely despite them, standing under a large, old tree. They disregarded the rare phenomenon and ignored how the milk white pebbles bounced as they assailed the soil.

The figure came closer as the rain got heavier and heavier. Badr winced against the hail that landed on his back as if someone hurled stones at him. However, he did not yield, for Badr the approaching peril was important than the hailstorm.

"Who is that crazy man?" Dhiyab questioned, his voice loud over the heavy rain.

"I do not know, but I can assure you, he certainly is a demented man to trek in such heavy rain and not take sanctuary," Jabbir yelled back.

"I can say the same for us too, ya Jabbir," Dhiyab responded just as loud.

When the figure finally came at walking distance, Badr's form unwounded as he recognized the man. "Who is it?" Jabbir questioned after the change in Badr's demure.

"That demented man is Khalfan," Badr responded.

"What on earth is he doing here? Is he not supposed to be with Khalid supporting him with the tribe?" Jabbir demanded, perplexed.

"I assume he is here to deliver significant news," Badr stated when the man raced up to them and stood under their tree.

"Salamu alikum." The man panted, holding his knees, and his horse cantered to the horses tied to the tree.

"Wa alikum as salam, ya Khalfan. Have you lost your senses? You could have died wandering unprotected in such a weather." Jabbir articulated, taking off his headdress and placing it over Khalfan's headdress.

"I did not think I would find you here. I believed you would be at the old fort," Khalfan spoke to Badr.

"La, ya Khalfan. The weather delayed us."

"It is good that I did not go there for your arrival then."

"Wait, who is this man, and how does he know our route?" Dhiyab demanded.

The hail had ceased now, but the rain persisted. "Khalfan is my trusted knight. He knows my whereabouts at all times as he conveys messages and news of my tribe." Badr assured Dhiyab.

Dhiyab nodded, eyeing Khalfan.

"What brought you here?" Badr took in Khalfan's drenched form and knew the man would catch a cold soon.

"Prince of Knights asked to reach you. Faris declared you must be present when it happens." Khalfan blinked against the water on his eyelashes.

"When what happens, ya Khalfan." Jabbir frowned.

"Gaith's wedding. It is three weeks from now. Faris ordered me to get you."

Badr smiled at the words, yet a fire lit in his heart. Gaith and Shoug's matrimony. How could he witness that? He could not return to his tribe before avenging his father. "I cannot return, not now."

"Why must you say that?"

"There is much to do, Khalfan. I have yet to find them," Badr averted his gaze from his friend.

Khalfan exhaled. "Prince of knights knew you would say that. He said if Badr refuses, inform him that Faris will come to get him."

Badr chuckled, shaking his head. "I know. Faris is the only one who would do it."

"Is it the same Faris that I have heard so much? The leader of the Borkan tribe?" Dhiyab lifted an eyebrow.

"Indeed, he is." Jabbir nodded. Khalfan looked at Saif and Dhiyab, confused.

"These are my knights. They wished to join in my voyage, for they have the same enemy." Badr gestured towards Saif, "I am certain you have heard of Saif, the desert fox, and this is Dhiyab."

Khalfan's eyes widened. "How did you encounter them? Or how did they locate you?"

"I suppose this is what is penned by Allah."

Saif and Dhiyab shook Khalfan's hand and greeted the Rashideen when he glanced at them again. The rain slowed to a drizzle, and the murky clouds turned into velvet white. It was almost Asr time, but due to the clouds, it felt as if it was Maghrib the sky was darker than usual.

Badr cleared his throat. "How are mother and Khalid?"

"Do not fret, Badr. Khalid is shielding them just as you guided. Although, they wish to meet you."

"I do not know if I can confront them, not at this stage at least."

"You must cease to blame yourself, Shiekh; no one predicted the invasion. Sheikh Faisal's death was not your fault." Khalfan placed his hand on Badr's shoulder.

Badr felt his throat go dry at the mention of his father's death. Going back seemed like depravity. Badr could not do it. He should at least give some revenge to his mother to his tribe.

"Stop pondering over it so much, ya Badr. You and I both know that we have to return to the tribe at a certain point. I believe Gaith's wedding is that time. He is your friend. You must be present for him." Jabbir attempted to persuade him.

Badr peered at Jabbir for a moment. How was he to tell Jabbir that there was another reason he could not return to his tribe. Shoug. "He is right, Badr. Put your tribe at ease with your presence; certain rumors have raised their head ever since your departure." Khalfan looked up as a clap of thunder rolled far away.

"What kind of tales?" Jabbir inquired, but Badr knew what Khalfan was indicating.

"That Sheikh Faisal's death has turned the leader of the Rashideen tribe into a vulnerable knight. They believe you ran away, unable to confront the tribe. Furthermore, they think Badr never desired to be the leader of the Rashideen tribe, and when he had the chance to decamp, he did."

Badr bit the inside of his cheek as fury simmered in his blood; his fear had come true. When he departed, he knew his tribe was unstable; the tribe needed their leader. Badr knew that the tribe would not comprehend his intense urge to find the man behind Sheikh Faisal's death; what mattered most for them was a leader before their eyes, an unwavering leader.

"That is absurd. Who would generate such outrageous notions?" Jabbir hissed.

"There are some who desire to demoralize the peace in the tribe."

"That is it then. We must return Badr." Jabbir grabbed his sword.

Sagr al fursan unclenched his fist. "Do not permit such foolish rumors to rattle you, ya Jabbir. People tend to chatter, but you must remember a weak man strives revenge, a strong man forgives, but an intelligent man ignores it," Badr frowned. He could not permit the rumors to grow another root; Badr needed to do something before he was too late again. "I shall accompany you to the tribe, Khalfan, lead the way."

"Alhamdulilah." Khalfan moved towards his horse.

Badr turned to face Saif and Dhiyab. "You are welcome to join us. Although, if you wish to remain here, I shall return soon."

Dhiyab pursued his lips. "What if you do not?"

Sagr al fursan looked him straight in the eye, "Then accompany us and make sure I do not flee," Badr replied in a taut voice.

"Why not," Dhiyab responded with a nod.

Badr clenched his jaw. Dhiyab was an infuriating individual, but Badr knew they needed each other's help, hence his silence towards Dhiyab's nonsensical actions at the countless occasion.

Saif stood in front of Badr when he made to move, "What is it, Saif?" The desert fox pointed towards the far end of the plain land, "You mean the man trailing us from two weeks?" Saif nodded.

Badr found out two weeks ago that two men were trailing them. He did not know who they are, and what their intentions were, but one thing he was sure of, these men did not wish to slaughter them. If they desired to kill Badr and his companions, they had innumerable chances to do so, yet they did not.

"I believe it is time to meet our unwelcomed guests." Badr mounted his horse, "Let us depart."

The men followed Badr without a single question.

With Saif directing, the knights rode to the west. The world unfurled its arms to the blue sky as the clouds scattered, gliding with the wind. As the men rode their horses, their wet clothes started to get dry, and gooseflesh prickled their skins due to the cold. Badr looked to his left and chuckled silently at the clattering lips of Jabbir.

"How far, ya Badr? Wallah, I will perish if we continue this." Jabbir yelled over the thundering hoofs.

"Just a little bit more; this is something I must do before we depart. I do not want these men to follow us to the tribe."

"But, who are these men?"

"I do not know."

"What if they are dangerous?" Jabbir asked, encasing his headdress over his face, the other hand holding the rein of his horse.

"If they were, we would be dead by now." Badr squinted his eyes against the new sun that smiled at him from the clouds.

The men did not ride for long: soon they reached the place Saif knew the men trailing them were hiding. The men halted near a cave and dismounted their horses when Saif raised his hand in the air. "Saif and I shall encounter them."

"I would not advise that prince," Dhiyab commented. "What if they are more than two men inside that cave?"

"I am certain they are two. Saif is never wrong." Badr grabbed his sword and ax. "I do not want them to escape, and they will if we all go there. I shall call for support if we need your aid." Badr said and pointed at Fihan, hidden beneath a thick thobe from the rain.

Sagr al fursan uncovered his bird, and Fihan blinked at Badr a few times before taking its flight and gracefully landing on Badr's right shoulder. It watched as Badr and Saif made their way to the cave.

Fihan moved his head right then left, its beaded eyes focused as the men approached the cave and halted at the mouth of the cave. Fihan watched as Badr drew his sword, "Salamu alikum," he greeted in a loud voice.

Fihan kept its eyes on the cave, waiting for people to leap and attack his master. The wind was strong, ruffling Fihan's feather, drying the rain. A moment of utter silence passed, and nothing occurred. When Fihan felt Badr move a step towards the cave, a form emerged from the darkness into the light.

"Wa alikum as salam, Sagr al fursan. It is indeed a pleasant surprise." A deep, calm voice sounded, followed by a tall, dark man. Fihan peered at the man; he was tall with dark skin, his hair had many braids, and he wore a brown thobe. Fihan's eyes zeroed on the man's empty hands; he did not have a sword.

"You know who I am?" Badr asked, sheathing his sword, and Fihan felt that his master was calm; the dark man by the cave did not pose a danger.

"If I am trailing you, then indeed I am aware of who you are, Badr." The dark man took a few more steps closer to them.

Badr smiled. "I would appreciate to sit and converse with you; however, today is not the day which is why I must ask, why are you following me?"

"Oh, it is not only I who has been following you." The dark man grinned, hooking his thumb over his shoulder for someone.

Another man emerged from the cave. Badr frowned at the new guest. The man was short, so short that he almost reached his companion's chest. The short man had swords in both hands, glaring at Badr. "This is Thamir, and I am Omer." The dark man kept his smile on his face.

"I cannot say that it is a pleasure to be acquainted, but I wish to uncover as to why you have been following us?" Badr straightened his spine.

"For the same reason as desert fox and Dhiyab," Omer replied, crossing his hands over his chest.

Another strong gust of wind swirled around the man and played with the puddle formed on the side of the cave. A new cluster of dark clouds unfurled their wings, concealing the beaming sun.

"And what makes you think I will permit you?" Badr took a step forward.

"You will once you know what I have to offer," Omer smirked.

"Is that so?"

Suddenly, the dark man's demure changed, and Badr's hand shot for his sword. Something lethal glimmered in the man's eyes as he stared at Badr, something inhuman.

"Harib. He is the culprit you are so frantically looking for, my younger brother." 

~*~*~*~*~~*~*

I LOVE the suspense  that is building in this book;) and YES we do have hailstorms in the desert ;p

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

289K 25.1K 94
Highest rank: #1 in Teen Fiction Cover designed by @shatteringsoul14 **************************** Badr AbdulQadir is the prince of Cedochi, the lar...
164K 16.6K 84
. . . [Highest rank :- #8 in hotlist as of 19-01-2018] [ Featured in the wattpad block party 2017 - winter edition] [ First place winner of the Fict...
245K 25.3K 36
➳ Wattpad Picks ~ ❝Angels don't lie, but you do. If I'm a devil, what are you?❞ When Burq loses his memory in an accident and doesn't remember his ow...
93.3K 5.5K 67
♛ Desire makes slaves out of kings Patience makes kings out of slaves ♛ ___________ EVERYONE IS WELCOME TO READ THIS STORY. Laila Bakhash strives...