Adelia ✎

By thevibexz

[ONGOING] "What would you do if I die?" "Die." "Oh you would die?" I mumble and he nods giving me a small s... More

00
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
epilogue

20

9.7K 221 233
By thevibexz

♥*♡∞:。.。  。.。:∞♡*♥
zeke

"Why is it crying?" I ask, concerned about how a thing can cry so much.

"It's name is April," she rolls her eyes and continues to shush April.

"How much is your boss paying you again? How much is he paying me?"

She smirks, "$25 an hour. My negotiations always work,"

She's so pretty.

"Is my mum... okay?"

I shift uncomfortably, stuffing my hands into my pocket. "She's fine,"

Until she won't be

She nods, "Will they get jail time? What if they do but when they get out they kill me?"

"They won't," I wouldn't fucking let them.

"Okay, cool,"

"Cool," I repeat after her.

"Do you want to hold her?"

I look at the baby in her hands and immediately shake my head. I never held one, I don't think I ever could.

"Why not?" she smirks, "has Zeke never held a baby before?"

I nod, embarrassed, feeling my cheeks heat up.

"Not even Kayden?"

"Not even Kayden," I confirm.

She frowns and pats the spot next to her. I sit down automatically, looking at her, eyes squinted.

"Yes?" I ask.

"There's a first time for everything," she places April in my arms, the baby's eyes opening.

"It's gonna start crying. Adelia, take her right now,"

"Zeke calm down, I swear everything will be fine,"

My eyes widen and I turn to face Adelia, horrified. "She's crying, what am I supposed to do?"

"Kill her, what do you think you do idiot?" she replies sarcastically.

I rock her, humming lightly as she starts whimpering, her eyes closing gently.

Oh.

Wow.

That was pretty fucking easy.

"See, you're a natural," Adelia elbows me as I stare at April, the corner of my lips tugging upwards.

"I'm pretty fucking good at this," I blink, "now take her,"

She frowns, "Why?"

"Because that was the scariest thing I've ever witnessed in my entire life and I'll be damned if I do that ever again,"

"Zeke, love, you kill people for a living. That can't be the scariest thing you've witnessed,"

I blink.

She blinks.

"True,"

"I know. I'm always right,"

I smile at her, "You're not,"

"I am, Zeke. No need to be jealous, not everyone can be good at everything,"

"I am good at everything,"

"Yes, well, you're very good at lying to yourself, that's for sure,"

"Are you jealous of how good I am at lying to myself?" I raise a brow as I stare at her, a smirk on my face.

"Just a tad bit, I feel ridiculously bad for your ego," And now she's talking in British, great.

"You gotta stop doing that,"

She winces, "I can't help it,"

I look away from knowing if I don't, I won't be able to stop myself from saying shit that may ruin our friendship. "Alright,"

"Alright?"

I shrug, "Hungry?"

"Always,"

"Well then, where do I put this-" she narrows her eyes at me and I sigh. "Where do I put April?"

She grins happily before taking April out of my hands and into her bed. "The baby monitor thing will be with us so we know when she wakes up,"

I nod, "Cool,"

"You say cool a lot," she points out.

"I got it from you,"

The smile never leaves her face, "Cool,"

"Very,"

"Make freaking lasagne. I want that,"

"I'll make freaking lasagne because you asked so nicely," I tease, rolling my eyes.

"Wow, we got a real charmer right here ladies and gents," she smacks the back of my head.

"Weirdo," I mumble.

"Get up ding-dong, and make my freaking lasagne,"

"Whatever, fucking princess,"

"I know," she smacks my head again for no reason at all.

And then again. "Sorry, it's just fun. And your hair is really soft, woah,"

"Like I said: weirdo,"

"But you love it,"

I do.

But I wouldn't admit it. Not yet, at least.

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾  ☽༓・*˚⁺‧

"Why did I let you do this?"

She looks up at me, her tongue poking out on the corner of her lips as she concentrates on my face.

"What's next, you're gonna do my tattoos?"

"I'm only doing your makeup but are you suggesting I should do your tattoos?"

I blink.

"Do you want me to do your tattoos?"

"No."

She sighs, "Shame, you're missing out,"

"Am I really?"

"Yes. Are you questioning my talents, Zeke?" She moves away from my face, placing the eyeshadow thing down with her.

"No,"

"That's what I thought,"

"Can I do yours after?" I ask, waiting for her to continue whatever she wanted to do.

"Sure!"

I take a glance at the mirror, wincing when I see my face. "Adelia, darling, was it your intention to make me look like a clown or is this really you trying your best?"

Her lips form a tight line and she looks down at the floor, fiddling with the makeup brush in her hand. "How'd you know?"

"What?"

She looks up with the brightest smile on her face. "Wanna see my inspiration?"

"No,"

"Good, because I'm going to show you anyway,"

"Oh, cool, lovely," I nod my head repeatedly as she gets out my phone and goes into the camera roll.

She puts the photo of the clown in my face, "I would like to say thank you. My artistic makeup skills are so freaking awesome, you knew what it was,"

I nod, "I did,"

"And I'm just so amazing,"

"You are,"

"And you're probably really freaking jealous of me right now,"

"I am- wait,"

"Ha! I knew it,"

"Absolutely not,"

"It's okay, I won't tell anyone. Pinky promise,"

"No,"

"Just because you're disagreeing," she pokes my chest, "doesn't mean you're not feeling jealous,"

"I am not,"

She sighs, rolling her eyes as she places the phone on the counter. "I'll make you admit it one day. One day,"

"Yeah, well, I'm definitely not gonna admit it in a stranger's fucking bathroom while their daughter is sleeping right outside,"

"So you are going to admit it when we're at home? Does this also mean I'm cooler, smarter, hotter,"

My eyes trail down her body for a second before I hummed, looking back up at her flushed cheeks. "Maybe,"

"Maybe?"

I nod.

"Now you're being ridiculous. This is how we know you're lying, because I am, cooler," she holds up her index finger, "smarter," she holds up her middle finger, "And last, but not least, hotter. Period,"

The low bun she had her hair in falls slightly toward her shoulder and pieces of her blonde hair frames her perfect face as she continues talking to me about how she is cooler, smarter and hotter.

Which I don't disagree with, but I'll never admit it.

"Shall we continue your... clown face? It suits you,"

I frown, "Ouch,"

"I'm joking," she pauses, "I think,"

"Double ouch,"

"Okay, I'm actually kidding, your face is perfect," she pauses again, and before she could say anything else, I cut her off.

"Don't you dare say 'I think' okay?"

"Am I really that predictable?" she sighs, "Cool,"

"Very,"

We turn our heads in the direction of the noise of a baby crying, scoffing when it gets louder. "Zeke, stay in here. You'll scare her,"

"Triple ouch. You're on a roll, darling,"

She smiles softly, narrowing her eyes. "Zeke, you look like a clown-"

"No thanks to yo-"

"Because of me, yes, I know. But you'll scare the poor girl,"

"How do you know she doesn't secretly love clowns, huh?"

"I got chased by a killer clown once, I'm sure everyone is afraid of them, especially a baby,"

"I'm glad you got chased,"

"Same. An experience I'll never forget, and excuse-freaking-you,"

"Kidding," I pause, "I think,"

She rolls her eyes, "Do not wipe it off," and with that, she walks out of the bathroom and into the bedroom where April was asleep.

Now, this is just great, lonely in a fucking bathroom, staring into the mirror looking like a fucking clown. Cool. Nice. I pick up my phone and call Elias, just because I'm fucking bored and I want an excuse to leave.

Elias.

"What do you want?"

I hate him.

"Food,"

"Okay. How's babysitting?"

"I look like a clown. I want to leave."

"Nice. How's the baby? Annoying?"

"She's like you, all of you. So yes, real fucking annoying,"

"Language!" Adelia enters the bathroom with April in her arms, Aprils small fingers holding Adelia's.

"Zeke called me because he wanted to leave,"

Fucking snitch.

"I look like a clown,"

"Nothing new,"

"Elias!"

"Okay, sorry, Adelia,"

"Say sorry to Zeke,"

"No,"

"Elias,"

"Sorry, Ezekiel,"

"I don't forgive you. Bye,"

I hang up the phone, amused and not bored anymore when Adelia walks toward me, April sucking on her pacifier.

"You'll be a great mother one day," I blurt, feeling my cheeks heat up.

"Yeah, you'll suck at being a father," she looks at me with a small smile. "I'm joking, you know. You'll be amazing at it, I can just feel it. You know what else I can feel?"

"No?"

"Your jingl-"

"No."

"Okay, my bad. Too far?"

"I mean, we can make it come true,"

"Are you flirting with me?"

"Maybe,"

She looks down at April, "Poor baby,"

"I'm telling Milo."

Her eyes widen, "You wouldn't dare,"

"I would,"

"You wouldn't."

"I," I exaggerate the words slowly, "would."

"We're breaking up," she sighs and walks toward me, the babies eyes closing.

"Oh fuck-"

"Language,"

I sigh, "What else am I supposed to say?"

"Oh, sweet baby Jesus,"

"I'm not saying that."

She glares at me.

I groan, run a hand through my hair and stare right into her eyes. "Oh sweet Baby Jesus, we were together?"

She giggles, "Not anymore,"

"How long?"

"8 inches,"

I furrow my brows, "What?"

"My jingleberry is 8 inches. Isn't that what we're... oh," she pauses, "We were together since the day we met. You're my sugar daddy, weirdo. How'd you forget?"

"Oh am I? Well not anymore, you know, since we're broken up,"

Her eyes widen, "Well then, we are back together. Now hold April while I continue doing your makeup, idiot,"

"Great,"

"Cool," she smiles.

"Idiot,"

She frowns, "dumbo,"

"Weirdo,"

"Freak,"

"Chenanisaurus barbaricus,"

She squints her eyes, confused, "I'm not- what? Oh. Velociraptor,"

"T-rex,"

"Rahiolisaurus,"

I bite the inside of my cheek to stop the laughter threatening to escape. "We gonna continue calling each other non-existent dinosaurs?"

"You started it," she points out.

"And you finished it,"

"Indeed. I'm just amazing,"

"You are," I admit.

Her eyes widen and she lowers the brush, carefully not to wake or hurt April who is sleeping peacefully in my arms. I hate kids.

"I thought you weren't going to admit anything in this house,"

I blink.

"I take it back."

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾  ☽༓・*˚⁺‧

"Why are we on the floor?" Kayden asked as we sit on the living room carpet, snacks and drinks on the table in front of us. "How'd you get so much food?"

"I bought it with the money Ajax gave me. He is going broke,"

"And why are we on the floor?" Zeke mumbles from beside me, glaring at the TV.

"The floor is the best place to watch movies. Agree to disagree,"

"What if you get pins and needles on your butt?" Kayden grabs Milo and places the fluffy cat on his legs.

I point my index finger at him and shrug, "Good point,"

"I know. I'm smart,"

"It's true," Zeke agrees, a proud smile on his face as he stares at Kayden.

"You're only saying that because you taught me half the shit I already know," Kayden swore. My eyes widen. Zeke coughs.

"Language!"

"I did not teach him that,"

"You so did," Kayden mumbles.

"I did not hear anything,"

"You so did," Kayden and Zeke say in sync, soon mimicking one another.

"Are we going to watch?" Kayden throws a pillow at Zeke, which he returns harshly, making the young boys head to fall back painfully, a cracking noise enveloping our ears.

Gwen? Is that you?

"Ouch! My neck cracked!" he gets up and hits Zeke on top of his head, then kicking him in his stomach.

"Okay little shit, move now,"

"You nincompoops sit down and let's watch!" I grab Kayden gently and pull him next to me, away from hurting Zeke which was incredibly hilarious to watch and I'm super happy that a child can beat him up, but I really wanna watch.

I always come first, fight me if you disagree.

You'll lose.

Shut up.

Okay, anyway.

"Prepare to die," I grab my Spider-man mask from the couch, then put the hoodie of my Marvel sweatshirt on my head.

Zeke grabs my hand and locks our fingers together, quickly pressing his lips on my temple. When I look at him with a foolish grin, his lips were quirked up as he kept his eyes on the TV.

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾  ☽༓・*˚⁺‧

"Why are you crying?"

"Her death gets me every-freaking-single-time," I bury my head on Zeke's chest as my tears dry up on the fabric of Zeke's shirt.

It was so dramatic and I'll always hate whoever made her die because now Peter won't ever love anyone else because he'll always love her.

"But you make fun of her death all the time,"

"I mean- like yeah. Like damn, girls flexible," I laugh into his shirt as the memory of her replays in my mind and suddenly I'm joking on my own cry and laugh.

I lift my head and look at Kayden who has tears in his eyes as he stares at the black screen, traumatised. "Why'd it sound like that!"

"Huh?"

"Everything snapping- oh Lord,"

"Great," Zeke sighs dramatically.

"Lets' watch all the Marvel movies now! Hurry!"

Zeke looks at me unamused and then at Kayden, "It's late,"

"I'll stay up with you, Kayden," I say, my voice cracking slightly. I'm so dramatic but good darn it, I will always cry when it comes to her.

"Good! We have a lot of food still anyway," he throws the remote on my lap, eager to watch.

"Fuck you," Zeke mumbles and lays his head on my shoulder, getting comfortable on the floor.

My butt hurts so much.

It's so worth it though.

I'm amazing.

And Zeke thinks so to.

But I always knew that. Because I'm better than everyone else.

⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚ ˚୨୧⋆。˚ ⋆

HELLO

HOW ARE YOU?

this chapter was lowkey boring but yk yeah.

next update would be like friday morning or night bc im sick and wont be going school for the rest of the week. school sucks anyway so.

ALSO, SHORTER CHAPTERS ARE MUCH BETTER IN MY OPINION SO I'LL BE WRITING MORE OF THEM BUT THEY'LL BE WHOLESOME AND SHIT AND THERE WILL BE NO MORE DRAMA SO YOU CAN LIVE.

Please vote and comment, it helps me out a lot <3

With love xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

102K 3.8K 39
COMPLETED • ADDICTIVE ROMANCE • ACTION • UNASHAMEDLY CLICHÉ • TEEN FIC • *** The forest grows darker as a silence falls over us. I remember the haunt...
282 50 45
#686 in contemporary romance 02.02.2024 #43 in new adult fiction 01.29.2024 ----------------------------------------------------------------- THIS IS...
6.7K 395 22
"No darling, it looks horrible" he said with the calm voice. I instantly felt my cheeks get warmer. 'Emma have a grip on yourself. Why are you blush...
12.9K 250 46
There is nothing more beautiful than watching an innocent angel fall apart at my sinful actions. I'm going to ruin her. "Augustine." And she comes...