Miraculous Short Stories

By LiquifiedStars

A collection of stand alone short stories based around the Miraculous Universe. Some of the stories are based... More

If Love is Enough
Memories of You
A Special Blend
Pieces of My Heart
Hold me for tonight
The Greatest Gift
The Heart Remembers
Heartbeat
Teeth
Kisses and Red Roses
Sweet Cherry Pie
Morning Perk-me-up
Memories of Midnight
Universe
I Would Do Anything
M'lady Meow
If Fate Is Kind
Visions in the Night
An Unexpected Situation
The Great Chat Noir Food Drive
Walking A Fine (Time)line
Closer
Stronger Together
I Can't Stop Loving You
Kittens and Queens
Trust Love One More Time
Here With Me
Operation: Ice Cream Date
I Can't Tell You Why
Crystalline
Soul Searching - Part 1
Soul Searching - Part 2
Soul Searching - Part 3 (finale)

Proposals and Flying Turtles

1.7K 91 88
By LiquifiedStars

Miraculous Discord Anniversary Prompt - Just Chat Noir and his best bro Carapace hanging out while their girls are away

Chat Noir hung his feet off the edge of the rooftop he was sitting on. It was a warm balmy night and he was missing his fiancée. She had been gone for almost a week now with his father to a fashion junket in Milan, but if her flight wasn't too late, she had promised to come and join him on patrol. He laid back on the roof with his hands behind his head and gazed up towards the moon. Adrien's mind wandered back to the night he had proposed, on a night much like this almost a year ago. He smiled to himself remembering the way Marinette's eyes had teared up and how she fell into his arms with a resounding yes. He was sure it was one of the best days of his life.

Chat had just taken out his stick phone to check on the time when some feet landed behind him. His sensitive cat ears flicked at the sound but those feet were far too heavy to be his Lady's.

"Bro, I thought I might catch you still up here." Carapace said, walking over with a pizza box in one hand and a couple of beers in the other.

"You know how Ladybug feels about drinking on the job." Chat reminded him, but Carapace shrugged, handing him a can.

"Meh. While the Bug is away, the Cat and the Turtle will play. Want a slice?"

"Heck yeah." Chat replied, sitting up while his best friend sat down. They opened the cans, clinking them together before taking a swig. It was a light beer, it wouldn't hurt. "All quiet on your side?"

"Yeah." Carapace nodded, taking out a slice of pizza. "Seems like Hawky is being quiet this week. You?"

"Bar fight." Chat said between bites. "I threw one in a taxi and the other guy just staggered home."

They sat for a while eating their pizza and watching the late night party goers walking by while listening to the pulsating beat vibrating from the club below. "So, how are the wedding plans coming along? All set?"

"I think so." Chat replied. "Marinette just had her final fitting for her dress. It was her design, but my father had his head designer make it. She's really happy with it, but she won't let me see it." He chuckled. "I saw Alya's, though. Her and Kagami are going to look amazing."

"My girl always does." Carapace beamed.

Chat's face morphed into a cheeky grin. "Soooo, when are you going to pop the big question?"

Carapace practically choked on his drink. "Me?"

"Yeah you." Chat continued. "Come on Nino, you and Alya have been together longer than Marinette and I have and we're getting married in two weeks. Isn't it about time you did too?"

Chat was sure his best friend was breaking into a sweat. "I've thought about it." Nino said nervously. "I'm just not sure how to go about it, you know? I'm not a big romance kind of guy like you are."

Chat shook his head with a laugh. "I didn't do any grand gestures. I just took Marientte to dinner and proposed while we went for a walk afterwards."

Carapace gave him a flat stare. "Dude, you flew her in a private jet to St Tropez where you had a bungalow dinner set up before taking her for a walk along an exclusive beach."

Chat couldn't really argue with that, but he thought he had been quite restrained really. The boys finished up the pizza, and laid back down on the roof. Neither were keen to go back to an empty apartment.

"So when is Alya due back?" Chat asked.

"Next week." Carapace replied. "She needs to be back in time for her final bridesmaid fitting. After your wedding she goes back to London for another 6 weeks and then she'll be back to Paris permanently." He looked over to his best friend. "I miss her."

"I know what you mean." Chat said. "Marinette's only been gone a week but it feels like forever." Carapace rolled over onto his stomach and propped himself up on his elbows.

"But you could have flown over to Milan to see Marinette if you wanted to. Don't you guys have that power up wing thing?"

Chat sat up. "You mean the space power up? We aren't supposed to use our powers for personal reasons." He said. "Otherwise I would end up using up all my power up camembert. I tell you what though, it's like nothing you've ever experienced."

"What? Flying?"

"Not just the flying, but going into space." Chat laid back down and looked up to the sky. "There is something really surreal about looking back at the Earth while being weightless."

"I kind of saw that back when we got stuck on Startrain." Carapace said.

"Nah, that was nothing." Chat dismissed. "Being in the great void like that, it's...it's almost like a spiritual experience. Just me and Ladybug and not another soul or sound."

"You sure it was the power up and you're not just imagining the honeymoon?"

"Shut up." Chat said, finishing off his beer.

Carapace looked at him thoughtfully. "So why won't Ladybug give out power ups to the rest of us?"

Chat shrugged. "Maybe because some of the ingredients are hard to come by? I never asked her really. What's that saying - ours is not to reason why, ours is but to do and die."

"I think you quoted that wrong and Dude, you take that way too literally sometimes."

"What can I say?" Chat sighed. "She's my everything. Dying sometimes seems like a small price to pay for the love of my life."

Carapace made gagging noises and Chat gave him a playful shove. "Come on, you're just as sappy about Alya."

"Your influence is rubbing off on me." Carapace said flippantly. Chat leaned over and rubbed his head on Carapaces shoulder.

"I'll share my irresistible charms onto you. Alya won't be able to say no."

"Get off me you dumb cat, I don't want to smell like your rotten camembert." Carapace said, pushing Chat off him with both hands. Chat fell onto his back, laughing hard. "Seriously though, do you think Ladybug would let me use the space power up? Just for one night?"

Chat gave him a sceptical look. "I'd give you one of mine, but you just insulted my kwami's cheese."

Carapace screwed up his nose. "Yeah, not sure I could stomach that one." He dangled a leg off the edge of the roof and leaned back. "But I really do want to do something special to propose to Alya. I wouldn't take her up to space obviously, but a quick trip around the city before finding the perfect place to ask the question."

"I have a rooftop you can borrow." Chat offered. "I'll help you set up."

"That would be awesome."

"And I'll ask about the power up. I can't make any promises though. She's the Guardian and has the final say."

"I know, I know." Carapace nodded. "I could just picture Alya's face though if I showed up with wings on." His eyes then knitted into a frown. "What would I call myself?"

"What do you mean?"

"You know, Ladybug is Cosmobug, your Astrocat, I would need a name too."

Both boys sat up and contemplated. Cat scratched behind his cat ears. "Hmmm, what do you call a flying turtle?"

"That's it, I don't know."

"A shellicopter." Chat cracked up at his own joke while Carapace groaned.

"How the hell does Ladybug put up with you?" He bemoaned. "You're supposed to be helping me out here man."

"I'm sorry." Chat said as his laughter subsided and he wiped a tear from his mask. "But you walked right into that one."

"How about that?" Carapace said excitedly. "Moonwalker."

Chat shook his head. "It doesn't sound like you."

"Maybe Starshell?"

Chat shook his head again.

"Caradust?"

"As in eat my Caradust?"

Carapace's face fell flat. "You're right, that does suck."

Then Chat's face lit up with an idea. "I know, Caraspace."

"Caraspace." The turtle hero repeated. Then he smiled. "Yeah, I like that one. Caraspace." He said again, swiping his hand across the air as though the name were to be written in lights.

Chat's stick phone dinged with a message.

M'lady - Hey there Kitty, just got in through the door. I'm a bit tired to patrol now, but I'm sure you and Carapace had fun. Going to run a bath now, feel free to come and join me ;)

"Sorry bro, got to love you and leave. I have a better offer."

"Dudeeee." Carapace drawled with a dramatic hand to his forehead. "I thought we had something here."

Chat laughed as the two stood up and wrapped each other up in a hug. "You know I love you man."
Chat said.

"Yeah yeah, go back to your penthouse and your fiancée while I crawl back to my lonely one bedroom apartment. Now make sure you ask Marinette about that power up."

"Don't worry about it." Chat said full of confidence. "You know Marinette can't ever say no to the one and only Adrien Agreste."

She said no.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

350K 16.1K 48
Each chapter is a separate story (unless otherwise stated)! ✓ COVER BY: @SummerSnowQueen © 2015-2018 KʀʏᴘᴛɪCᴀᴛ Aʟʟ Rɪɢʜᴛs Rᴇsᴇʀᴠᴇᴅ
215K 5K 33
Adrien is frustrated by the dating rumors going around. People are assuming that he is playing with Chloe and Marinette, when Ladybug is the one he t...
233K 6.8K 24
An opportunity to spend time together brings Adrien and Marinette closer. While Nathalie hopes this new relationship will be good for Adrien, she is...
293K 6.4K 18
{completed} One night, Marinette unexpectedly gets a visit from her partner, Chat Noir. But he isn't there just to hang out with her, he needs a plac...