Mr. CEO's Fiery Nanny

By ankitawrites_Xx

I beg to differ that.", I sassed and got out of his grip ready to move out of the room when he pulled me by m... More

0. Character Aesthetics and Author's Note.
1. Nicolas. Nicolas Arnold.
2. And It started!
3. Kia's nanny?
4. The News Article!
5. A Deal!
6. Nicky uncle's friends.
8. Coconut
9. It's been four years!
10. Shopping and Gardening!
11. Why does he care?
12. It's gonna be alright
13. Go with the Flow
14. Arielle+Rapunzel!
15. A perfect husband Material?
16. Mr Arnold's weird looks!
17. I fell in love with her the very moment I saw her.
18. My smiles and His blush
19. He's so bloody confusing!
20. Happy New Year, my Love.
21. A Condition to Hug.
22. Keeping the Promise.
23. Wake up Amore: Nick's POV
24. I had to make sure you were fine!
25. A Game of Kiss!
26. It was home!
27. The Enigma of the Nightmares
28. Not my wife, YET.
29. The Birthday of Tears
30. I'm scared.
31. He was a Blessing!
32. Only you, mi amore. Only YOU.
33. Drunk Confessions!
34. Tell me, Amore!
35. His Father.
36. What we call FAMILY.
37. Confess You're Jealous.
38. A Perfect Evening!
39. A New Storm Brewing!
40. The Question of Trust.
41. A Promise to Trust!
42. Their Guardian Angel.
43. Present And Future: Nick's POV
44. "I do."
45. The First Night.
46. His Birthday.
Epilogue
Extras: "Arielle is the one." -Nick's POV
Extra's: A Jealous Wife
Bonus: Aiden's fiasco
Extras: A fight of love

7. A Day with a little Girl.

43.6K 1.5K 176
By ankitawrites_Xx

Turns out I underestimated the job. Kia was a notorious kid, you won't know what she'll do or say next moment. Pretty unpredictable! And as if she has freaking wheels under her feet, the girl can't stay at a place for more than a moment.

"Kia baby stop running. You'll get hurt.", I yelled for the third time. We still were in Arnold Industries. While Mr Arnold was cooped up in his cabin or may be working, I was running behind the kid on the same floor. Her laughter was echoing in the corridor. 

"Ari catch me.", she peeped from another cabin which I got to know belonged to Mr Ryan, Mr Arnold's secretary. He was around his late twenty and sported light brown eyes with blonde hairs. I took a deep breath, bless the child but right now she seems a devil incarnation to me.

I kept my hand on my waist and dragged myself to his cabin. In my defence, I was never good at sports and as much as I hate to publicize my weakness, I have got low stamina. I can't exercise for long even if my life depended on it.

"Mr Duvey, Is Kia here?", he looked like a deer caught in red lights. I frowned. I just asked about Kia's whereabouts not the address of a hidden treasure. 

"No. She ain't here.", he said and then gestured to me through his eyes that she was hiding behind the door.

I pulled the curtains aside revealing a mischievous kid. She smiled and warmth flooded my heart."You found me, Ari."

"I'll always find you.", I smiled and lifted her in my arms."Now let's go. I need to talk to that grumpy man."

She looked at me, possibly confused by my words."Your uncle."

"Oh."

"yeah oh."

I asked Mr Ryan if Mr Arnold was free at the moment and he told me he was in an important meeting right now and that I have to wait for him for some time. I sighed, I was trapped on this twenty-fifth floor. I sat outside near the receptionist who was again a pretty lady around my age, Kia beside me. To pass my time and to get to know the kid more, I started talking to her about her likes, dislikes and stuff.

"Who's your favourite person?", Kia asked me and without even thinking for a second my answer was out."My Mumma." I forgot, perhaps this matter was sensitive for her.

Pain flashed in her eyes and I cursed myself." I never saw my mommy."She cleared her throat and smiled at me." But I know she would be really pretty and smart, I mean look at me.", I smiled at her words and pinched her nose. Probably, the time I'd be with her, I'd learn to be this strong. She was more mature for her age. Only if today Mumma was here with me.

"Hey don't be sad.", Kia traced her index finger down my cheek and I noticed my tear on it."You are also pretty and smart. Will you someday get me to meet your Mumma?"

I pulled her in my lap, close to me."She's with your mommy."

"With God?", she asked innocently peering at me

"Yes."

"She'd be beau beauty-ti-ful.", she stammered finding a problem with the big word.

"She was.", I smiled at her." I mean just look at me.", I mimicked her words and this caused her to burst out in a fit of laughter."You didn't tell me your favourite person.", I raised my eyebrow at her.

"Nicky uncle. He's the best."

I rolled my eyes, "Of course. It has to be that grumpy old man."

"I'm not old.", a familiar deep voice came. I looked in front only to witness Mr Nicolas Arnold standing a few metres away from us."I'm only twenty-six."

"What the-", he raised his eyebrow at me hinting to Kia." I mean how long have you been eavesdropping on us?" he shrugged and pulled Kia into his arms."Kia my work for the day has been finished. Do you want to go home?"

Kia nibbled on her lower lip." I want to play blindfold hide and seek with Ari."

"Kia I'm tired. We'll play tomorrow. For now, you go home.", I tried to convince her, though I knew she wouldn't listen to me. Stubbornness runs in the veins of these Arnolds. 

"Just one game. Only one.", she pleaded with the puppy eyes of her. I sighed. Bless your child God.

"And someone was calling me old.", Mr Arnold taunted making me shoot a glare at him. He's such a child God!

"Kia let's play.", I said but my eyes were challenging Mr Arnold.

"But we want a few more players.", she frowned and then her eyes lit as if she has figured out something." Nicky uncle call Ev, Aid and Enna", she ordered Mr Arnold.

"Mr Evans and Mr Aiden didn't go back?", I frowned, where were they all this time?

Kia gestured me to bend down to her level and so I did. She came close to my ear and whispered."Ev is with Enna, his lady friend as he says and Aid will be most probably in the canteen."

I looked at the girl in amazement. She definitely is too mature for her age.

"Kia you are an angel but why did you call me right now? I was going to have-oww.", before he could say his story, Mr Carter smacked him on his head." Always thinks about eating.", he rolled his eyes.

I noticed a woman beside me, she had pretty green eyes and olive skin. She smiled at me and two dimples popped on either of her cheeks. Her black hair was as straight as a line. I smiled back enthusiastically walking closer to her. I noticed a beauty scar on her face.

"You are so beautiful.", I blurted but this time I wasn't embarrassed. She was beautiful and I had to say this. She looked alerted at my words but soon calmed down

"So are you.", she smiled politely."You seem new here. I'm Sienna Tara." Her name was as beautiful as her. Tara means star. Woah! Her ancestors seem to be quite amazing to me.

"Arielle Summers.", I introduced myself.

"Enna Ari is my new nanny and she's the best of all.", Kia butted in. I looked beside me only to witness Mr Carter looking at Sienna."Let's start the game now."

Kia whispered something in Mr Rivera's ear and he grinned back at her with the same mischief. They hi-fived about something and walked back to where we were standing.

"Let's go.", she announced and all of us got alerted.

Kia dragged me with her to Mr Arnold's cabin and opened a door inside it revealing a large room. Does this man practically live here? I noticed a lot of toys in it and then realized it was for Kia. Nevertheless, I'd not be surprised even if he lived here. He gives me those twenty-four hours only work vibes.

Shut up, Ari!

Stop being so judgemental.

So basically at a young age, I've played many games but this was something different. Kia made some chits, each having one of our names. Then she with the help of Mr Rivera kept it in a bowl."Now each of us will get a chance to pick a name, our challenge is to find the person whose name we drew out of the bowl and under any circumstance do not open the blindfold.", he explained.

"First Enna will go," Kia announced and pulled her out of our little semi-circle. Sienna tied the blindfold on her eyes after picking and reading a chit. Turns out it was Kia's name only. She slowly started following Kia's laughter. Kia being the naughty one, made her walk near a doll and she hugged it making all of us burst into laughter except Mr Arnold. 

"Aha! Time over.", Kia announced and jumped in victory.

The game proceeded and after Mr Evans turn in which he successfully caught Sienna, it was mine. One thing I noticed was she sure was not a friend to him. The way he held her close to him even after pulling his blindfold off said it all.

I picked my slip and of course, it was Mr Rivera. My eyes caught Mr Arnold and there he was, at the far end, he was in the game or not, it was still a question. Nevertheless, I memorised his place. I had to, it was the danger zone, not that I fear him but I don't have the ability to fight with someone every second minute. 

I tied the blindfold and proceeded to walk towards Mr Rivera." I'm here.", he yelled but I frowned when his voice came from the no way zone. Why must he go near that grumpy man?

As soon as I turned in the direction of his voice, my feet stepped on some squishy object making me lose balance. I caught the first thing that came in my hand. My hands gripping on it for life. God, please don't let me fall, I'd be embarrassing myself in front of a kid and four adults.

But I think no I don't think, I'm sure. I gripped on that thing so tightly that I pulled it with me meeting with the floor straight.

It was when I felt fast breathing near my neck did I realize, it was not a thing. It was a living thing, I mean a human and that too, not some human. The rich familiar cologne encircled me making me want to dig a hole and bury myself in it. The blindfold was off and just as I expected.

It was the man with steel-grey eyes.

Nicolas Arnold.

Oh, Bloody hell!

***

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 27.1K 47
Written when I was 16, practically cringy and dumb so read at your own risk (Part 1) He stood there in his tall and intimidating glory cowering my 5...
62.5M 2.5K 6
Brielle Newman A 21-year-old girl who was struggling to make life comfortable for herself and her niece, Delilah. Her sister left the baby the minute...
13.9K 182 7
"I want to be completely yours." I whispered and his lips parted slightly. "You sure-" he cleared his throat. " I mean, are you aware that I'm-" "Wou...
1.2M 41.7K 59
Oliver, leave me. I have to go inside", I said making a failed attempt to free myself. "What is wrong with...", and the rest of the words got lost as...