Mirabel the new candle holder

By TheKeepercorp

After Encanto Abeula dies shortly after the events than after her door was given to Mirabel. Join her as she... More

Disclaimer
Proluge
1st week of Mirabel Madrigal
So I have ideas
1st month of Mirabel Madrigal
2 month of Mirabel Madrigal
Entry 1 of Mirabel Madrigal
Fourth Generation 1/4
Holy smokes
Fourth Generation 2/4
Fourth Generation 3/4
Fourth Generation 4/4
New stories in the works!
Shamless Promotion
I made this cuz meh bored

2nd week of Mirabel Madrigal

1.1K 34 11
By TheKeepercorp

(A/n This will be a Camilo-centric chapter but we will have some Mirabel at the end)

3rd person POV

Camilo got up in a good mood, another day helping out the townspeople and another day of seeing Mirabel be a queen at what she does.

'Abuela was right about her being good'

He got out of his bed and went to do his hair, "Another good morning~ and a good day going for-" He stares at his reflection as a sickening feeling jolt through his body.

Crack

"I keep forgetting..." He mumbled to himself.

It wasn't the first time he had felt this way, there were loads of times when he felt like he didn't like being 'He' at all! But then there are other days where he liked wearing the poncho.

Camilo sighed and after fixing his hair went on his bed and sat down.

His room had a huge stage and a bunch of pictures of the people he had to shapeshifted into, Without thinking twice shapeshifted into someone he sometimes wished he was.

The girl had always worn her hair in a tight bun, her favourite colour was red and could hear anything from a mile from her. Yea, Camilo shifted into Dolores.

But more specifically he shifted into the dress of Dolores, instantly he felt much better.

He got up and twirled, jumped, and pranced in that dress. He felt great!

Until...

"Family! Time for breakfast!" Felix called.

In an instant, Camilo shifted back into the yellow poncho he wore and the sickening feeling returned. "Coming Papa!" He called back.

He opened his door and turned to Dolores's which was where he saw his papa knock-on and called him to come out.

He internally sighed in relief, at least he didn't hear him. And went on with that Camilo went on with her day.

Camilo's POV

"Camilo! we need another Angelo over here please!" I hear Mirabel yell, "Coming!" I yell back, I run over to where Mirabel was and turn to Angelo and help them set up a welcome home party, "Thanks, Camilo! when you grow you'll be a fine man when you're older,"

Crack

"Uhm, thanks mister Angelo," I said with another goofy smile,  I was about to leave when I hear someone call me, "Camilo! can you help me for a sec!" I internally groan and go to Emilia who wanted me to take care of her kid for a bit,  "Huh aren't you a little cutie huh?" I whispered at the baby in my hand, "Mama! wheres Violet?" A voice called, "OH! you must be To-" I stop talking halfway. In front of me were a boy with dark tan skin, wavy golden-brown hair, and grey eyes. "Oh- Your Camilo, Hi! the name Tedros," He holds out his hand, I take it. 

'Woah, he is really pretty

"Really? I- thanks," Wait? shoot, I said out loud? "I- sorry I didn't mean to say that out loud-" He giggles, its cute, "It's fine! I just wanna where my tia is-" My face reddens, "Oh, she went to help your abuela I think," He nods and looks at the baby in my hand in coos, Meirda that was way too cute, "Violet is so cute right?" 

'Not as cute as you'

His face reddens, "Oh my god- I'm so sorry, I was-" Then he starts laughing, and before I knew it I was laughing too, "It's fine! Your cute too," My face gets redder, "You trying to hit on me?" I said, trying to get my swag back. Sadly it didn't work, "Maybe? You never know~" He cooed.  "I- you're a flirt aren't you?" I snap back, "Well-"

"CAMILO! thank you for taking care of- oh! Tedros your her!" We both turn to see Tedros's tia Emilia, "Huh, hi Tia!" He said, then he turned to me and whispered seductively into my ear, "See you next time Madrigal~" and left.

.

.

.

"Camilo!" "Huh?" Dolores groans, "Were you even listening?" I roll my eyes, "That's not my gift- so," she lightly punches me, "Oh shut it," I laugh. Dolores then whisper's something to me, My eyes widen, "No way- that can't be right!" I nervously laugh, She slightly smirks at my remark, "Camilo, you're my brother I know what's up with you even if I didn't have super hearing."

Crack

There were a few moments of silence until I got up "I- I need to go," Dolores seemed to be surprised, "Camilo- wait what did I say?!" She shouted, but I ignored her. I ran towards the house as I could feel tears welling up in his eyes.

'Fucking hell, why does it hurt? be called him? I've been called that before I was fine. But today it felt like its not right-"'

I bump into someone, I look up and see mama "El cardio? what's wrong? why are you in a rush" She asked,

A cloud started to form on top of her head. Great! He didn't want her mama to get upset, "Mama, im fine!" He said that didn't convince her though, "Camilo! I'm your mother, you're my son-"

"I am NOT your SON"

Break

3rd person POV

The sudden outburst left Pepa speechless, Camilo took the opportunity to run to his room.

Locking the door behind him, he crawled onto his bead and began to cry and punch his pillow in anger.

"STUPID, STUPID, WHY ARE YOU SO SENSITIVE ABOUT THIS?! YOU WERE BORN A BOY AND THAT'S HOW YOU ARE! YOU CANT CHANGE THE FACT!" He screamed, "This is just a phase, just a phase, just a phase, just a phase, just a phase, just a phase-" He heard a knock on the door.

He perked up, tears still coming down his face, "Camilo?" He heard the voice call.

'Mirabel?'

"Can I come in?" She asked, Camilo force for a moment until he got up and open the door. In front of him was Mirabel, her brown eyes showing sympathy and worry. She walks and waits for Camilo to join her after h locks the door.

"So, Tia Pepa and Dolores said you've not been acting yourself lately" She shifts her position to face him, "So will you tell me what's wrong Cami?" Camilo looked back at his prima with a sole look.

"Have you ever felt like when you look in the mirror, the person in front of you isn't the real you?" He asked, "Uhm? For me, not really. Why do you ask that?" Camilo looked at his hands, "Well I do. Every morning when I wake up I see myself differently, some days I like who I see other days I think the person in the mirror isn't even me" He takes a breath and continues.

"Some days I like being a boy, other times I think being a girl and wearing a dress would be better. Then other days I want to be both and sometimes id rather be... Nothing? Anyways, this is stupid it's not like any normal person would feel like this! This is just a phase! Like my feelings for this boy, I find pretty can't be actual feelings-"

He gets cut off when Mirabel pulls him into a hug, "Camilo, your feelings are valid and they are actual feelings. There are people like you and who understand how you feel, Camilo what your feeling isn't phased, Camilo whoever you decide you are and who you like I will support you and no matter what happens" She makes Camilo look at her, "You will always be my cousin and ill always love you,"

Camilo then bursts into tears, not of sadness but relief and happiness.

Mirabel's POV

"Mira?" Camil peeped after a few filled minutes of tears. I turn to him "Yea?" He looks at his poncho, "I think... I don't want to be Camilo right now...I want to be...Camila." I nod thoughtfully, then an idea struck me.

"I have an idea! But you gotta wait I'll be right back~" I said rushing out of the room. Leaving Camilo there with his thoughts.

Camilo's POV

'So... What am I? I know I like being a boy but I like being a girl other times. Am I gender fluid? And gay?'

"I believe that's the term," I perked to see Mirabel again but this time holding a yellow dress with chameleons embroidered on it. "I just added the Chameleon, and it's a working progress but-" I immediately snatch it away and ran into the bathroom and changed.

I look at myself in the mirror with the dress on.

I could feel my heart get lighter, "Camila! Can I come in?" Miracle called. "Yea!" I laughed, way too happy.

She came in with a little tube and nail polish that was bright orange, "I thought we could do this, only if wanna do it-" I could feel myself get more excited, "Let's do it!" I squealed, Mirabel laughed and closed the door and she got to work.

"Annnnddd done!" Miracle exclaimed, she was done with my nails. I nodded and looked at myself in the mirror, there was a slight blush on my cheeks light pink lipstick and my nails were coloured sunset orange. It was almost perfect. Almost.

"Camila? Are you okay? Do you not like it?" I shook my head, "No, I love it! But I think something is missing.." I closed my and begin to shift.

I felt my chest get slightly larger, my hair get longer and my features get softer.

I hear a small gasp from, Mirabel, as I opened my eyes I could feel my eyes begin to water again.

"Camila...you look beautiful." Miracle started, I turn to her with a smile and tears came down my eyes said, "I'm me! I can't wait to show everyone!"

Pepa's POV

"Mi Amor! Come down!" Felix said, putting a comforting hand on my shoulder. "Felix! Our son is mad and sad and I don't know what to do!" I cried as a cloud over my head began to rain Dolores peaks up, "He and Mirabel are coming down" she stated.

In an instant, I and Felix ran out of the Kitchen as Dolores followed behind.

"Mama! Papa! Dolores!" She heard. "Camilo-" Then I go silent, in front of her was her son. But he didn't look like her son, instead, he looked like her daughter.

"Camilo? What is this-" Mirabel put her hand up, "Please hear her out," Her? I thought.

Camilo nodded and looked back at us, "Mama, Papa, Dolores. For a while, I have been putting my feelings aside but I'll say this straightforward way. I am genderfluid and I am gay" He took another breath, "And right now, im not you son im Camila and im your daughter. I hope you understand."

When she finished I was speechless. Then Dolores sighed, "I had a sneaking suspicion" She looked up at him and chuckled, "Good for you Camila," Instantly she could see the smile across her daughter's face widen.

"Well, if I am being honest I don't really understand, but you are my child and I will be you always." Felix started going up the stairs and hugging him, "Me too!" They all turned to Antonio who seemed to come out of nowhere.

He ran up to Her and gave her a big hug.

She smiled even wider and hugged the 3 of them, "Thank you!" She cried, Now Mirabel joined the hug. Then Camila looked up at me with scared eyes.

"Mama? What about you?" She asked.

3rd person POV

Pepa dropped to the floor and Camila jumped to comfort her mom, "Mama?!" She asked panicked.

"Camila! I'm so sorry, you should have not had to hide who you are! Of course, I support you!" Pepa sobbed.

Camila sighed and hugged her mother. She wiped some of her mother's tears.

Now Camila was finally, truly happy.

(A/n Happy new year! Hope you liked this and im very sorry about the long chapter, this is something I've been hoping to do for a bit so yeA! Hoped you enjoyed it and am sorry for the long story! Have a happy new year! Edit: Credit to the original artist!)

2041 words

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.2K 516 16
Luna Madrigal, the only child of Bruno, had looked forward to getting her gift all of her life, until her gift became the reason she and Bruno were t...
15.5K 277 18
"When life seems too great, there's always something dark hiding in the shadows. Even the most joyful person can be hiding the their darkest thoughts...
46.1K 1.3K 40
Being a stranger to your own past, not knowing where you are and what will happen in the future. You meet the Madrigal family, you know the gifts yo...
31.2K 677 25
it was too late. the miracle had already flickered out. mirabel was crushed to death, but the question is, how will the family deal with her death? T...