Suits & Aces (#3)

Khanyi_Mathayi

It is blood and water in this sequel as MJ Billings and Logan Parker battle a common enemy. There's no weapo... Еще

01 // Untamed
02 // Montana
03 // Awareness
04 // Pain Too
05 // Bedtime Stories
06 // More News
07 // Problems
08 // Reunion Too
09 // War
10 // Trouble
11 // Even
12 // Partners In Crime
13 // Seeds
14 // White Lies
15 // Puzzles
16 // Intel
17 // Mess
18 // Secret Ties
19 // Hell and Fury
20 // Welcome Home
21 // Old Flames
22 // Safety Check
23 // Decisions
24 // Trouble Too
25 // Scandalous
26 // Father and Son
27 // Meet and Greet
28 // Old Friend
29 // Bargain Price
30 // Scorned
31 // Undecided
32 // Undecided Too
33 // Loose Ends
34 // Ticktock
35 // Secret Meetings
36 // Scott Free
37 // Free Access
38 // Suspicious
39 // Runaway
40 // Bait
41 // Runaway Too
42 // Mending Walls
43 // Liability
44 // Anxiety
45 // Poked
46 // Demigod
47 // Lonely Nights
48 // Flames
49 // Ashes to Ashes
50 // Dotted Lines
51 // Blind Road
52 // Settling Scores
53 // Weird Behaviour
54 // Silent Treatment
55 // Exchange
56 // Forgotten
57 // The Past Behind
58 // Signed, Sealed, Divorced
59 // Divorce Party
60 // Uninvited
61 // Breaking Walls
62 // End Of The Road
63 // Haunted Past
64 // Apologies & Confessions
65 // Compromises
67 // Poking The Snake
68 // Introspection
69 // Lies & Truths
70 // Deceivers
71 // Sister Wives
72 // Suits & Aces
73 // Plea Bargain
74 // Suits & Aces Too
75 // Cornered
76 // Escapade
77 // Viper
78 // Knowing Your Enemy
79 // Doomsday
80 // Last Resort
81 // Theme Park
82 // Tip-off
83 // Arrival
84 // Cheated
85 // Safety Measures
86 // Clean Slate
87 // Last Seen
88 // Yellow Tape
89 // Final Visit
90 // Good Samaritan
91 // Delusions
92 // Recap
93 // Unhinged
94 // Alibi
95 // Another Problem
96 // Love That Kills
97 // Love That Burns
98 // Wishful Thinking
99 // Molten Kisses
100 // Burying Secrets
101 // Inferno

66 // Deadline

29 3 1
Khanyi_Mathayi

London was the centre of her heart for most of her life, it was a secret hideout, a place where she never felt she needed to pretend to be someone else or spend all day trying to make her place in other people's heart, it was her home away from home.

It was funny because she spent half her life in Cape Town and half her life there, however, a few weeks in Cape Town, and London now felt foreign to her, like she did not belong.

She stood in front of the tall building, staring up at the logo at the top of the building, Billings Corp. She was parked in front of the building, leaning against the car in her casual disguise; a pair of jeans and sandals, a yellow flowery off-shoulder cropped blouse, and a summer hat paired with dark shades.

MJ kept thinking about what Blair said, she remembered how she had confessed that the company was never her vision, that it was only her legacy on paper. The company was and had always been Alastair's vision and MJ just made it possible for him, building this company kept her busy, it made her feel alive because she buried her demons in work.

She would never forget how Alastair saved her from herself, she would forever be grateful to him. Nonetheless, she was starting to wonder if she would be able to continue keeping his dream alive for longer than she already had.

"I thought we were meeting at your place."

MJ stood up straight and turned to look at the source of the voice.

Liam.

He was his usual self in his signature look, a black tux that always clung to his body, and a black shirt. He had a tan to his warm skin, and his silky black hair had grown longer.

"I see travelling hasn't been treating you so bad after all," MJ commented and moved over to the passenger side, tossing the keys at him. "You are driving!"

Liam laughed. "Just say you missed me!"

MJ rolled her eyes and proceeded to climb into the car. "So, how far are you with the job?" She asked as soon as Liam started the car.

"Why don't you see it for yourself?" He said, and judging by the smile on his face, MJ could tell he was on the right track. At least she hoped so.

They drove in comfortable silence, and MJ was grateful for the peace and quiet as she took in the scenery and familiar route probably for the last time in the months to come.

They arrived at her house after an hour. MJ was not surprised to see the "For Sale" sign patched on the grass outside the yard, however, she was confused to see the name on the board.

"Ortiz Estates?" She gestured at the sign while giving Liam a questioning look. "Wasn't Brianna supposed to handle the sale of the house?"

"Come with me," Liam said as he unbuckled his seatbelt, and then he hopped out of the car, and MJ got out after him. "You will understand everything once we are inside."

MJ did not say anything, but she trailed after him as he led her to the house. The gate had been left open, even the front door. They entered, and once inside, there was a woman busy showing a couple the house.

She was speaking animatedly with the couple and they seemed to be taken with her. Admittedly, MJ would have liked to hear what stories she was spinning them about the house and its previous owners.

"Liam, who is that woman?"

Liam stood next to her with his hands in his pockets. "Sienna Ortiz, previously known to some as Sienna Ortiz Mendoza. Javier Mendoza's ex wife."

She tilted her head in his direction and lowered her shades. "Say what?"

Liam nodded. "You heard me."

MJ turned her attention to the woman, taking off her shades completely as if she would learn everything there was to learn about Javier Mendoza by just looking at his ex wife.

"How did she end up here?" MJ asked, her mind wandering to the sign outside.

"This you will love. So, our madam was tricked by her sister-in-law, Brianna, who lured her under the guise of a new business opportunity just to mess with her brother." The dinner Brianna spoke about over the phone a few days ago, MJ thought. "They have two children together, but Javier is not a part of their lives; he had to leave them in order to protect them."

"The Mendoza curse," she thought out loud, remembering the conversation she had with Brianna when she recruited her. "So, I take it this is Javier Mendoza's secret and weakness?"

Liam shrugged. "You could say so."

"Well, I guess it is not that much of a secret if you found out about it." She was greeted by silence, a rather rimging silence, she turned to him, and he was staring ahead like a soldier awaiting commands. "Wait, and how exactly did you discover all this? If Javier Mendoza has kept them well hidden for this long, he would not slip up now for any reason."

Liam did not look like he was going to open his mouth any time soon, and before MJ could say anything else, Sienna walked towards with the couple she was hosting.

She walked them out and then headed back to MJ and Liam with a smile on her face, but it was impossible to miss the mistrust in her eyes. "Good day, Mr‐" she threw a challenging look at Liam.

Liam looked like he wanted to disappear. "Just Liam," he gritted.

"Of course," Sienna said mockingly in her deep voice. "And you must be his boss." MJ could not hide her shock as she threw Liam an accusing look. "Don't worry, he didn't say anything about you. You see, I've been in the real estate business for years to know a difference between a potential customer and a conman." Liam opened and closed his mouth like a fish. "Tell me something, do you think I make a habit of sleeping with every man that takes interest in buying my houses?"

MJ knew what it was that unsettled her about Sienna Ortiz, it was not only the fact that she was Javier Mendoza's ex wife, no. Men like him usually wanted a submissive woman who knew her place, but Sienna was nothing like that. She was a force to be reckoned, one could tell by just the way she handled herself, she was a strong, beautiful, and smart woman who made her presence and worth known.

"You were quite interested in my life, and I knew immediately that this had to do with Javier, so I told you everything so that you could realise that I have absolutely nothing to do with him and his sister. But I guess I shot myself on the foot, didn't I?"

"From where I'm standing, I think Liam shot himself on the foot," MJ finally spoke up, giving Liam a side glance. "I have to say, Ms Ortiz-"

"Sienna. Please call me Sienna."

MJ nodded. "Sienna, I am finding it hard to believe that you were married to Mr Mendoza. His current wife seemed like exactly his type."

Sienna chuckled in response, her eyes dancing with amusement. "I get what you mean. But tell me, what exactly did my husband do to you?" She asked.

"It's not about what he did to me, it's about what he can do for me," MJ admitted.

"Javier doesn't do favours."

She had thought about that, which was why she had resorted to this method, finding his biggest weakness. She knew the man was interested in her, he was exactly the type of man she would go out with if he was not so dangerous and living underground, she did not want anything that linked her to him, she did not want to owe him any favours because she knew that the price for his help would be high.

"Tell me, Sienna, if your children were in danger," Sienna tensed, sending a warning to MJ with her sharp eyes, but MJ did not budge. "How far would you be willing to go to save them?"

"I would even sell my soul to the devil if he could set fire to the perpetrators," Sienna declared in a heavy accent, and MJ nodded as if to tell her that she would do the same. "Do you have any children, Miss?"

MJ felt her body harden like granite, the blood rushing from her face, the sound of her rapid heartbeat drowning out everything else.

She felt her legs give way, but luckily, Liam caught her in time.

"MJ, are you okay?" He asked in a panicked voice.

MJ blinked and shook her head to clear her thoughts, and then she slowly pushed herself off Liam's side and removed his arm from around her waist.

"Liam, do you mind leaving us for a minute?" She could hardly recognise her own voice as she spoke, her hard eyes set on Sienna. Liam did not argue, he walked out of the house and closed the door behind him.

"Perhaps we should sit down, you don't look well," Sienna offered, and MJ staggered after her to the dining room, stopping next to the small round table. "Please sit, I'll get you a bottle of water so long." She left to the kitchen and returned with bottled water.

MJ inspected the bottle to make sure that it was still sealed. "Thank you," she said in a quiet whisper and took a sip of the water.

"I'm sorry," Sienna said after a while. "No woman ever has to go through the pain of losing a child. I've been there. It is something I have never shared with Javier, but there would have been a middle child, but I miscarried at almost 13 weeks."

MJ could feel the tears burning in her throat. "I had a daughter." she took in a shaky breath. "She was stillborn." She shrugged, a wavering smile on her face. "I had no control over what happened to her,I don't think I could have saved her even if I wanted. But I have a chance to save my brother, and at this point, Sienna, I don't care who I have to sacrifice to do that, but one thing I know is that I cannot do this alone and I am not willing to sell my soul to your husband."

Sienna did not seem fazed by how quickly MJ's moods and tone changed from one second to the next. "Look, I don't even know why I am doing this, but I am going to help you. But get this, I am not afraid of you." She leaned forward, an unspoken promise in her eyes. "And if you dare double-cross me, I'm going to make you pay dearly for it, one thing about me, darling, Javier Mendoza did not marry me for my charm."

MJ leaned forward, their faces almost touching. "When that day comes, darling," she said in an icy voice. "It is going to be doomsday."

Sienna moved back and stood up from her chair, staring down at MJ. There was hesitation in her eyes before she spoke. "If you want to get Javier on his knees, you need to hit him where it hurts. Miss..."

"Billings." MJ stood up with her hand held out. "MJ Billings."

Sienna looked stunned for a minute and she shook her hand wordlessly. "Miss Billings, uhm... as I was saying, every man in Javier's line of work value family, but they know the risks of having a family. If they lose their loved ones in casualty, the pain lives but life goes on. It makes them stronger and takes their business on new heights. If you want to corner Javier, whatever it is that you had planned here," she waved her hands between them. "It is not going to have the result you were hoping for,"she said with determination, mischief and danger gleaming in her eyes. "But I am going to help you, and I know just the way to have him at your mercy."

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

An Ocean of Bad Blood Miss P 💋

Подростковая литература

299K 7.9K 42
She's troublesome. He lives for trouble. Both embedded with their own secrets and lies. A girl who's self-destruction leads her to a camp for delinqu...
CodeRed Muskan Kapoor

Детектив / Триллер

798 116 41
"Guys, I got another note," I say as I sit down at lunch. Vanessa and Xander were here but Hazel was missing. "Where's Hazel?" I question, eyeing her...
3.4K 521 121
London is a 21 year old Mexican woman who has lived in a broken home in the early stages of her life her life and as if that wasn't enough.Both of he...
The Downfall Of Grace Griffin LJ May

Любовные романы

293K 12.7K 65
(Hey all. I've merged them together, sorry for any inconvenience.) Grace Griffin Roman Parker They are nothing alike. To Need Her: Grace is a sociali...