The cure for my madness

By ghostcookieswut

"There he was standing, the cure for my madness. That smile he makes when he looks at me slowly up and down m... More

Part 1: Another disapointment
Part 2: Confusion
Part 3: A hurtful truth
Part 4: Cigarattes and a broken heart
Part 5: Dol <3
Part 6: Desperation for comfort
Part 7: Jealousy
Part 4 & 5 (Alex's perspective)
Part 8: Meeting the family
Part 9: Concerns
Part 10: Toxic friendships
Part 12: New years eve
Part 13: His birthday
Part 14: Sophie's birthday
Part 15: Some time apart
Part 16: A proposal
Part 17: Mall
Part 18: Tattoos and a sleepover
Part 19: The arrival
Part 20: Guilt
Part 21: A dark secret
Part 22: A disagreement
Part 23: The fight
Part 24: Leaving the past behind
Part 25: Making up
Part 26: Nervosity
Part 27: Meeting the parents
Part 28: Romantic day

Part 11: An encounter from the past

308 6 1
By ghostcookieswut

I woke up in his bed, with one of his shirts on me. I found myself lying on his bare chest again. What happened last night? We didn't do something? I remembered him carrying me to his bed.

-"Good morning'" He said and looked down at me and smiled at me.

-"Morning. Um, we didn't do anything yesterday, right?" I said as I sat myself up next to him in his bed.

-"You don't remember?" He said and gave me a small smirk. That scared me, cause i didn't remember at all. I think he could tell that I was terrified in my eyes.

-"Don't worry Dol, nothing happened. You fell asleep on my couch when I played my guitar and sang for you. When you fell asleep I carried you in my bed. Which made you wake up slightly. So you mumbled that you couldn't sleep in your dress, so you asked for one of my shirts and got changed then fell asleep."

-"I didn't mean to fall asleep so fast. It must have been so boring to hang out with me."

-"Haha, no. I could tell you needed some sleep, desperately."

-"Thank you Al. I mean it. I still don't understand why you are still around me after all the drama with Zoey." I said as I found his hand and then I squeezed his hand.

-"Because I like to hang out with you and I care about you Dol, a lot." He said and leaned in for a kiss and as he did that I followed his lead. I wanted it to lead to something more but then someone entered his apartment. I heard footsteps around his apartment.

-"Al? Where are you?" The man had the exact accent as Alex but it wasn't Matt. Then he walked into his bedroom. There we were laying with blushed cheeks.

-"Wow, I'm so sorry." Said the man and turned around.

-"Miles, what are you doing here?" Alex was a little panicked.

-"I just wanted to um talk to you about the tour. We decided to plan it at yours."

-"Shit, I forgot. I'm sorry Dol. But you can stay if you like"

-"Yeah sure."

-"We will be out in a minute, Miles. We just have to get changed."

-"Yeah, yeah no hurry." He said and closed the bedroom door.

Then we looked at eachother and just let out a big laugh at how embarrassing it was. The sound of his laugh bringed me so much happiness, it took me to places that I didn't even know existed. Miles could definitely hear us outside the door. It felt sad when I took off his shirt, I missed the feeling of it. How it smelled like him and how comfortable the fabric was. Miles didn't ask who I was or how we met so Alex introduced me instead.

-"This is Dol, she is a.....friend of mine." He didn't know what word to say that could define our relationship.

-"Um and this is Miles, my other half in The last shadow puppets." I could tell that Miles meant alot to Al.

-"Nice to meet you." Miles said and gave me a smile.

-"You too." I said and gave a smile back.

Then we all sat down on his couch. Miles started talking immediately about the tour. Where they should go and when they should go. It was fascinating watching together when they shared ideas with each other. I didn't want to think about when he was going on tour. Not having him around, sure we could talk on the phone but I will miss his kisses and the way he touches me.

-"Dol, what do you think?"

-"What? I'm sorry I just got lost in my thoughts."

-"Do you think we should start touring in January or February?"

-"What date is it in January then? You probably don't want to be on tour on your birthday.." I said before I could think. It was something that stuck in my head after all the things Sophie said about them, when Alex's birthday was. I didn't want to sound like a stalker.

-"Then it will be late January, so don't worry I will be home on me birthday." He said with a smirk at me.

-"I don't know then, depends how excited you guys are to be touring again."

-"Maybe we will start in February, I am still enjoying my time off." He said and looked at me.

-"Okay whatever you say Al."

Then they got lost in more conversations about the tour. Now it was more how long it should be and stuff like that. They asked me sometimes about my opinion. In the middle of our conversions my phone started to ring, Marcus. What the fuck did he want? We were broken up, there was nothing more to say between us. I just put my phone down again, ignoring his call.

-"Aren't you gonna answer?"

-"Nah it's my ex. I don't know what that could be about." Alex looked concerned at me as another call started again.

-"Fine, I will answer."

-"What do you want, Marcus?"

-"Where is that cartier ring I got you?!" He was so aggressive that it scared me. He knows how much I hate when people are mad at me and scream at me.

-"I don't know. Why do you ask?" I said trying to have a calm voice, cause if i would sound the same as he did he would be furious at me.

-"Well I have tried to look for it in your apartment now for the past 40 min. Where the fuck have you hide it?!" Marcus was so loud that Miles and Al could hear, it was a really embarrassing moment.

-"Wait, why the fuck are you at my place? Why do you care about that ring so much?!" Now my tone changed, why was he in my apartment?

-"I still have a key fucker. And it's for Esmee, we are celebrating one month so she deserves something good."

-"Just fucking buy another one then, why do you want it back so badly?"

-"Well I have paid for one, why pay for another?"

-"I will come home and give you that fucking ring."

-"Thanks Dol." He said just to trigger me.

-"I have to go home. My ex is in my apartment looking for a ring that he gave me, he wants it back now to give to his new lover apparently."

-"Do you want us to come with you?"

-"I think that would just start more drama." I wanted to say yes because I was genuinely scared when Marcus was mad, he had a short temper.

-"Are you completely sure Dol? Because we can plan the tour another time. He seemed very mad." I thought about it, I really needed support at this point. I shouldn't be so fast to reject support when I really need it.

-"It would be nice if you could come with me. If it's completely fine with you guys."

-"Don't worry about it Dol." Said Miles and gave me a hug.

When we all were standing outside my door I didn't know what to expect. I let out a big sigh and opened the door. Marcus was rooting around in my draws and lifted things and threw them around.

-"Stop rooting around my things!" I said and pushed him away from my bureau.

-"Tell me were that fucking ring is!" He said and grabbed my shoulders and started shaking me.

-"Okay okay fine, just let me go." I whimpered and almost started crying. His hands were so strong, I bet I would get bruises after his harse grips on my shoulders.

-"Stop! You are hurting her!" Screamed Alex and pushed Marcus away so he almost fell.

-"Are you okay?" He asked and looked me in the eyes.

-"Who the fuck are you two?! Have you got two new boyfriends Dol? Wow, you are such a slut."

-"What the fuck did you just call her?!" Screamed Alex and were about to beat Marcus up but he got stopped by Miles.

-"Mate, is not worth it." Miles tried to calm Alex down as I looked for that stupid ring.

-"Here you go Marcus." I said as I gave him a silver little box.

-"Thank you." He smiled at me.

-"Can I get my key back by the way?" He just threw the key at me and left the apartment.

-"That fucking bastard." Swore Al in anger after the door closed.

-"I'm so sorry about that."

-"You shouldn't apologize at all. He should that fucking-"

-"Calm down Al." Said Miles, still trying to calm him down.

-"We can help you clean up after the mess he left." Suggested Miles.

-"Really? Thank you, but you don't have to if you don't really-"

-"We will help you Dol." Said Alex after he had finally calmed down.

Then we cleaned up the mess he had left to me, it was so easy for him to just make a mess and leave. In my apartment and in my head. I was beyond thankful for all the help from them.

-"Thank you so much guys." I said as I hugged them. They both gave me a bright smile.

-"Anytime Dol." Said Miles. As they were about to walk out of my door I stopped Alex.

-"Can you please stay over?"

-"If that's what you need then sure."

-"Bye Miles" We both said at the same time, waving him goodbye.

-"Thank you so much for staying over. I don't want to be alone with my thoughts tonight."

-"Of course I would stay for you." He said and gave me a hug. Making me smell his scent which gives me comfort.

-"Do you also have a guitar?" He said and pointed at my old guitar hanging on my wall.

-"Yeah, I got it when I was 18 as a christmas gift. I thought I was gonna write songs and all but then I forgot about it. Can you play something again for me?"

-"Are you gonna let me finish playing the song or are you gonna fall asleep again?"

-"I can't promise anything."

-"Do you have any requests?"

-"Just chose a song."

-"Okay then." I cuddled once again on my couch this time, eager to hear him play.

-"I guess you wonder where I've been. I searched to find a love within. I came back to let you know. Got a thing for you and I can't let go.." It was What you won't do for love by Bobby Caldwell, that song had a special place in my heart. To hear Alex sing it made it so special. It was so mesmerizing watching him be so concentrated on the strings and sing the lyrics, he looked so passionate. This time I didn't fall asleep even though I was close.

-"You are unbelievably great."

-"Thank you. Do you know any songs on guitar then?"

-"I only remembered one, It's actually one of your songs."

-"Can I hear it? Only if you feel comfortable enough." I was always so nervous to play in front of others but he made me feel safe.

-"Okay, only because it's you." He gave me my guitar and I tried to remember the chords and I remembered them quite quickly.

-"Have you got color in your cheeks? Do you ever get that fear that you can't shift the type That sticks around like summat in your teeth? Are there some aces up your sleeve?" He looked at me with a surprised face. That face that the jury's have in like American Idol when someone is just amazing.

-"Been wonderin' if your heart's still open And if so, I wanna know what time it shuts."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.6K 82 11
"alex turner one shots" requests are open! other socials: tumblr - yourstartreatment instagram - yourstartreatment tiktok - yourstartreatment
13.2K 405 24
"I've traveled the whole world, but never have I felt more home, more secure than in your embrace"
9.9K 86 18
Hey there 👋🏻 Just some imagines of our favorite rockstar Alex Turner. (No smut) Hope y'all enjoy. Probably slow updates.
800K 22.2K 64
"You're drunk. You're always drunk. You can't keep coming here." "I didn't know where else to go."