The day I met the Shadows

By Blaqkhawk

Avery was a teenager. Not your typical 18-year-old girl. The complete opposite. She was not born the way a no... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18

Chapter 2

3 0 0
By Blaqkhawk

"We are here!" says Jayden.

I slowly open my eyes and yawn.

"How fast did you drive?" I ask and wipe my hair out of my face.

He shrugged.

"I didn't. Anyway, you should go to school," he says sadly.

I gather my things and get out of the car. But before I can leave something pulls me towards Jayden. I didn't even say goodbye to him. I turn towards the car and peek my head in.

"Goodbye, Jayden. Thanks for driving me," I say.

He smirks.

"You're welcome. I hope to see you when you have a vacation," he says.

I smile and take my head out of the car while he drives away. I walk towards the huge building in the distance. Once I am close enough I am stunned by the hugeness of the place. It looked like a church with high windows and gothic-style architecture. I find the big front doors and with only a touch they open. Inside there is another world. On top of the ceiling is a fresco that looks like it was copied from the Sistine Chapel.

"Hello?" I ask. Then a woman with long brown hair emerges from the shadows. She looks like she came from out of nowhere.

"Hello, I suppose you have a question," she says.

I nod.

" I was supposed to come to this school tomorrow but I decided that it would be best if I came now," I say. She smiles. She kindly leads me to the room that I am going to be staying in.

"Here is your room. People are sleeping in here so try to be quiet. Breakfast is from 09;00 to 10;00. Lunch is from 12;00 to 13;00. Dinner is from 17;00 to 19;00. Lights out at 24;00," she says and walks away. I open the door and find an empty bedroom and go straight to bed. I fall asleep fast since I am so tired. I dream of many things. Mainly my mom. God, I miss her.  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

416 12 22
In a big city full of secrets . Teenagers living their life willing god damn it's their last year of high school . But it's all Maxi has ever known...
8.4K 383 7
You think being a teenager is hard enough as it is. Try being a teenager that has the responsibility of saving people from their own demons and fears...
4 0 17
Ameliee has grown up with a great family and awesome friends. But what seemed different was her families shade of appearance. She was different than...
9.3K 233 28
Her name was Arianna. She lived her life at an orphanage, waiting for the return of her parents. They did not abandon her, but they were taken by men...