Welcome To Demon School! Ryūk...

By Hayami_Minato

Suzuki Ryūko and Iruma, twins of the Human Realm, adoptive grandchildren of Three Crowns member Sullivan and... More

Chapter I [The Secret Behind The Ring]
Chapter II [Ameri's Decision]
Chapter III [A Lovely Demoness]
Chapter IV Part I [The Student Council President's Gaze]
Chapter IV Part II [The Trial Of A Fallen Knight]
Chapter V [Invite Your Friends]
Chapter VI [Royal One]
Chapter VII [The Teachers At Babyls]
Chapter VIII [The Miracle Of Some Fools]
Chapter IX [Studying In The Netherworld]
Chapter X [Balam's Lesson]
Chapter XI Part I [End-Of-Terminus Exams]
Chapter XI Part II [Girls Talk]
Chapter XII [Kalego-sensei's Home Visit]
Chapter XIII [Walter Park]
Chapter XIV [Everyone's Playmate]
Chapter XV [Magical Beasts Attack]
Chapter XVI [The Name Of This Feeling]
Chapter XVII [The Ultimate Halberd]
Chapter XVIII [My Desire]
Chapter XIX [Clara's House]
Chapter XX [The Immovable Princess]
Chapter XXI Part I [Mingles of Togetherness]
Chapter XXI Part II [Demonic Etiquette]
Chapter XXII [Dream Date]
Teaser For The Next Volume

Chapter XXIII [The One Who Rules Over The Netherworld]

427 9 0
By Hayami_Minato

Episode Release Date: 5th September 2021

In Sullivan's Mansion

  After a long holiday's spent with fun, Iruma was finay able to complete the massive amount of homework he had received. He was doing everything he could to finish it towards the end. "I was worried about all the extra homework we got, but..." Muttered Iruma. "That truly seemed like something Kalego-kun would do." Continued Opera. "I wasn't surprised, but I used to work overtime." Commented Ryūko, "That meant I was already developing a sense of workaholism and I was able to complete my Battler work and homework beforehand." But why exactly did Ryūko and Iruma get so much extra homework during the End-of-Terminus?

  To bring it all back, the Misfits and company had a competition whilst their time at Walter Park was spent. The group that had the most fun wins and the teachers would treat the winning team to something. Kalego allowed it but the losing team will have their homework doubled. And then, at a certain restaurant in town, Sullivan's winning verdict was all of the teams and he even said it was Kalego's treat to a grand meal. While most of the students began their lunch happily, Shichiro had a small concern. "Are you sure you're going to pay for everything, Kalego-kun?" He asked. "I'll be happy to pitch in." "Oh, I don't mind." Replied Kalego with a smirk, "If all of them won... that also means they're all in last place, too. The teams in last place, excluding students out of the Misfits, get double the homework, if I remember correctly." What?! Now that was a low blow of all loopholes! Of course, Ryūko and Lavande could only give a deadpanned face of obvious knowledge that Kalego would eventually find himself a loophole to get his way.

  But let's get that out of the way. With the End-of-Terminus coming a close and all assignments complete, the Suzuki twins have to also prepare for the next term of the year happening in autumn. That's where good and haopy Sullivan came to the room. "I'm pretty much done with all my work, and now you're done with your homework." He chimed, "We finally have time! Let's go!" That was another day for the carriage to be off. "Wh-Where exactly are we going?" Asked Iruma to Sullivan. "Given the autumn term is drawing nigh, we must browse for all supplies necessary for it." Said Ryūko. "Yep. You're going shopping with your grandpa for things you'll need for the new term." Said Sullivan, "Oh, right. Ryūko-chan and Iruma-kun, you'll need a disguise. You two are celebrities, so you're going to stand out!" Well, that's quite true, given what happened back at Walter Park. Sullivan conjured two pairs of detection-warding glasses for his grandchildren. With those on, they wouldn't be recognised nor have the press hounding on them. Upon receiving the pair, Ryūko briefly removed her glasses to take a better look at them. They may not look special to Iruma or Sullivan, but they reminded Ryūko of someone the more she looked at them. "Onē-chan. Are you okay?" Asked Iruma, snapping his sister out of trance. "I'm fine, Iruma." Replied Ryūko, "It's just... I can't help but notice they resemble Amy-senpai's detection-warding glasses. The more I stare into them, the more I'm reminding myself that he's with me in spirits despite the distances." "Oh, I'm sorry you have to go through things like this, Ryūko-chan." Apologised Sullivan, "But only time can tell if you can ever meet him in person again. You just need to trust the sands of time." "Yes. Maybe I should." Agreed Ryūko as she put them back on.

  Now about this location of shopping, Sullivan's mansion is near Babyls. Nearby, there's the dormitory where the teacher live, a park and a shopping district where you can find all kinds of goods named Magical Street. Upon arrival, many demons were surrounding Sullivan. It's no surprise he's popular as he's most likely a candidate to be the next Demon King. Luckily, those glasses were doing their work for Ryūko and Iruma as they were thought of as Sullivan's attendants.

  First stop was a designer men's apparel store. Winter and autumn are chilly seasons, so they had to get some winter coats for warmth. Iruma tried a tawny coat paired with a pair of forest green pants. "That looks very good on you, Iruma-sama." Said Opera. "Y-You think so?" Asked Iruma. "Hm... Actually, yes." Commented Ryūko, "Stylish but not over-the-top. Quite the elegant appeal, too." "We'll probably need to get you rwo a few winter coats." Said Sullivan. "I'd recommend some Devia ones." Said the store's clerk, "They're very well made, and you can get your wings in and out easily." "I'll take everything to the left of this." Said Sullivan, pointing at a purple furred coat. The store clerk felt happy to hear that, but Iruma felt that it's a little too much. "Brother, you shouldn't stick to a single coat per month." Said Ryūko, "One should at least have some others for weekly usage. Basically, you can use one coat a week, just as long as you go out." "You can have one for every day of the week." Said Sullivan.

  It was Ryūko's turn to find something of her liking, meaning the group went to a designer women's apparel store. "Are you sure you can make a good choice, Ryūko-chan?" Asked Sullivan. "I'm positive of it, thank you." Replied Ryūko, "Besides, only I know what my style is." She had a short while picking the coats that looked best on her, considering that her casual wear is mixed of Classic Lolita and Gothic Lolita. One of those coats she tried was a black Victorian waistcoat with a  long cape on the shoulders. Another was a cream-white princess coat with a furred collar. Both of which looked brilliant on her. Can't you believe this is actually the Madona of the Misfit Class? "Alright, I made up my mind." Said Ryūko after selecting a few coats. "Are you sure it's enough?" Asked Opera. "If you and Grandfather may consider other purchases, I will inform you if I need it." Replied Ryūko.

  They later stopped by at an accessories store. Hats and horn ornament were in at the moment. Opera seems to have something that caught their eye. "Iruma-sama, how about this?" They asked holding a spiked collar, "It's a collar that makes your familiar even more obedient. Shall we get it?" Knowing Iruma, Kalego definitely won't like it. Ryūko could vouch for Iruma's opinion, as well. But what came to her mind wasn't quite as safe to say aloud. "Opera-san really tries to make Kalego much of a submissive." She thought before  speaking up, "Excuse me, Opera-san. I'll have you to know if you lay a finger on Kalego to that extent, I will see to it that I'll bring you in for another punishment." This frightened the feline butler. They knew if she was seeing such, Ryūko would not tolerate such behavior. Their ears dropped and Opera obeyed. "Thanks, Onē-chan. But I don't think going all that way is necessary." Said Iruma. "Nonsense, I have the ways of dicipline in certain methods." Said Ryūko looking at a purple rose hairpin, "How does this look on me?" "Oh, it suits you very well, Ryūko-chan!" Smiled Sullivan.

  After that, it was time to find books to purchase for the next term. There were books everywhere, even on the ceilings. Sullivan was getting copies of The Basics of Magic, Camiden's Biography, The Secrets of Magic and even the Demon Lord's Prophecy for Dummies. "That many?" Asked Iruma. "Once your new term begins, you'll have more spells to learn and more opportunities to use them." Said Sullivan, "We'll have to practice magic a bit more." "I often practice alone. That's what happens when you spend your life with a big reputation like mine." Said Ryūko eyeing a particular customer. "You two learned Fractal in class, right?" Asked Sullivan, "Well? Can you use it now?" "Y-Yeah." Nodded Iruma remembering what he did it for the other day, "S-Somewhat- Huh?!" His grandfather used said spell on him and said if Iruma masters Fractal a little better, he might be able to fly. But surely he'll need to practice quite a bit for that and just have to get used to it. Once he can modify magic a bit better, it'll come in handy. "No need to handle it, Grandfather! I got this!" Said Ryūko as she shot ropes of silk around a lizard-like demon and tolled him in, "Using a shrinking spell to shoplift? Dishonour to your kin, Sir. Nearby staff, do hand him to the Demon Border Control for his petty crimes. Oh, and credits go to Sullivan-sama. If he weren't to bring his attendants, I wouldn't have caught the act." "Even if she did that, you're amazing, Grandpa!" Said Iruma. "Thank you so much, Sullivan-sama!" Said one of the shopkeepers, "As a token of our gratitude, we'll give you a discount!" Nearby, two customers wondered why hasn't Sullivan become the Demon King despite being a Tet (9) and top candidate for said position. But it wasn't time for Ryūko and Iruma to think about that because they had to go and browse the street more.

  At a pet store, Iruma picked up a fluffy little Mogurin. They usually live underground, but love snuggling in clothes, too. The little fellow then proceeded to snug under Iruma's clothes. Ryūko stroked the head of a Luxius, a dragon-like creature that is the size of an average house cat and likes to be atop of one's shoulders. Later was a stationaries' shop where Sullivan tried the Black Goat Notebook, which is very durable. His granddaughter tested a fountain pen and quill that are rarely used at the current time. "This is an anti-drowsy pen." Said Opera as they had a look at it. "How does this keep you from getting drowsy?" Asked Iruma. "If you seem drowsy, it bites you." Answered Opera. "Be careful, that thing roars loudly when you're near sleeping." Warned Ryūko. And so it did. Lastly, it was time for a little treat. Sullivan bought Iruma an Infinipop, a lollipop that never runs out. As for Ryūko, he got her a packet of evispresso candies- they're basically demon versions of espresso candies but all have labels of how long they can keep a person awake.

  Once they got what they needed, it was time for a quick rest on a bench. "Whew. What a haul, right?" Asked Sullivan. "Yeah. Thanks, Grandpa." Said Iruma, "We had so much fun!" "Now we're all set for the new term." Smiled Ryūko, "Everything was so new that Iruma didn't know where to look." "I'll go get the carriage." Said Opera before they got their purchases with them. "You've gotten pretty used to the Netherworld." Chuckled Sullivan, "Are you having fun at school, kiddos?" "Yes, we most certainly are." Replied Ryūko. "Yes! I'm having lots of fun!" Nodded Iruma. "I see. The new term should be a lot of fun, too." Smiled Sullivan before taking out a scroll, "There are a lot of events, so it'll be exciting. The first term was basically like an orientation." "H-Huh?! I-I remember our days being rather intense..." Objected Iruma. "I guess they wete for you and your friends, for some reason." Laughed their grandfather, "Your new term might end up a bit chaotic, too." Suddenly, the cambion child recalled something that killed her and Iruma's curiousity. "Excuse me, Grandfather." Address Ryūko, "How does one become the Demon King?" Taken by surprise, silence stood between the three. Ryūko and Iruma gave curious expressions, clearly wanting to know.

Long Ago

  During another Thirteen's Dinner, all were present but Demon King Derkila. He seemingly disappeared and resided elsewhere. During this time, Sullivan turns out to be his attendant and was much younger than now. "Derkila-sama. This is no good." He said, "I told you today was the Thirteen's Dinner with all Thirteens Crown present." "Yeah, yeah." Said Derkila aloofly, "I know." "Well, if you knew, that's even worse." Said Sullivan, "Derkila-sama, you could at least-" "Shut up." Objected Derkila, "All of them just lining up together... Do they really thinm they can run the Netherworld from some desks? It's right here! This is the Netherworld I created, even the first Demon King Lucifer had it in mind. Alright, summon those Thirteen Crown fools here. We're going to have our meeting here." "Are you sure it's not because you just don't want to move?" Sighed Sullivan in question, "Lucifer-sama wouldn't let anyone out because it damages the welfare of the Netherworld." "You're ruthless, Sacchan." Laughed his master, "Just look at this view! This is the Netherworld I created! Am I right, Sacchan?"

Back To The Present

  Sullivan was looking back on his youth and was called by Ryūko several times before he could come back to reality. "Are you okay?" Asked Iruma. "Er, you two just startled me a bit." Answered Sullivan. "Startled?" Repeated Ryūko. "But... To think that you want to become the Demon King or Queen!" Fawned Sullivan, "You should've said so earlier!" "Please wait, you misunderstood!" Said Ryūko, "I only asked on Iruma's behalf as well as my own because we heard some people speaking of His Majesty when we were in town." "Right. They were saying you could become the Demon King, but you haven't." Added Iruma, "So we just wondered why... and what exactly it takes to become the Demon King?"

  "Ah... I see." Responded Sullivan, "You know about the Thirteen Crowns, don't you?" "Of course." Replied Ryūko, "They are the heroes who represent our world. If memory serves, you must be one of the Three Greats of them, correct?" "Indeed." Said Sullivan, "Each of the Thirteen Crowns has been around since the age of the Demon King and each has important responsibilities. Peace exists in this world because the Thirteen Crowns are at its center. In order to become the Demon King, you would need the trust of all thirteen. Basically, it's a devi importabt responsibility. The Demon King is the pinnacle who rules all of them, after all." "Wow... So the Demon King is in charge of most of the Netherworld." Said Iruma, "That seems like a lot of work." "No, no. Not 'most'." Argued Sullivan, "It's all of it. Because the Demon King is the Netherworld itself. Even if the demons of the Netherworld talked for decades and decided to go right, if the Demon King said go straight, they would then create a path that didn't exist. And they would create a river in the sky, create a flower field out of magma, and create the Netherworld in his vision. The Demon King is the world. Sublime and absolute. So, yes... Looking at the current Netherworld... you can probably imagine what kind of demon the previous Demon King, Derkila, was." "He must have been a very fun demon." Smiled Iruma. "Mm. So I may eventually be able to become the Demon King." Said Sullivan, "Even if I becone the Demon King, I'm not sure if I could live up to the title, but... It would probably look like this!" He showed his predictions of what it would be like if he was the Demon King. And you probably know where it was going. But of course, Sullivan would personally love to see what kind of Netherworld Ryūko and Iruma would create and support them with everything he has. Then the trots of carriage horses were near, meaning Opera has returned and it was time to go home. Before so, the twins took a brief look of the town's scenery and thought of what it would become if they took the throne.

  Returning home, preparations for the new term were complete! "You're goibg to laze around the house with your dear ild grandpa for the rest of the End-of-Terminus!" Said Sullivan while rolling side to side with Iruma on his lap. "You still have quite few of your usual duties to tend to, Sir." Said Opera. "And that's why Gramps is going to laze around and spoil the twins to death and play while doing my duties!" Countered Sullivan. "You just said you were going to play." Argued Opera, "You may not." "Opera, you meanie!" Huffed the Chair-Demon, "Once the new term starts, there are going to be more events, and I'll be busy! I don't want to be apart from Ryūko-chan and Iruma-kun! I want to stay with them forever! You want to laze around with your dear old grandpa until the last day, too, don't you?" "Huh? Uh, sure..." Replied Iruma. "So will I." Nodded Ryūko, "But I'll just help with anything you left off."

In Iruma's Room

  Looking on a scroll of the Demon King Prophecy, Iruma decided to have a read through. "They shall make one and all their servants..." Read Iruma aloud, "They shall form blood pacts and heal all demonkind. They shall descend from a foreign realm and wear the platinum and golden rings of Solomon on their right hands." After which, he rolled the scroll up and laid down on his bed, wondering if he or Ryūko were to become the Demon King or Queen.

In The Mansion Library

  Unable to sleep at the usual time, Ryūko decides to read up something. She looked over every single shelf looking for a book picking her interest. Almost everywhere she searched, none of them were peculiar to her until a sparkle grabbed her attention. "Huh? What's this unusual book doing here in the history aisle?" Asked Ryūko to herself, approaching the book. She placed her lantern down on the reading desk and picked it in her hand. "It's illegiable with the dust." She whispered, "I should uncover this." The cambion picked up a dusting brush, carefully dusted the leather cover until finally, its title was revealled.

  It appeared to be a vintage leather book in black, decorated by silvery font and the words she saw were what she thought to be forbidden to disclose for public eyes. "The First Monarchs of the Netherworld–Seven Deadly Sins" was the title. "This book... it wasn't even shown publicly. What is it doing here?" Wondered Ryūko, "I should skim through the Table of Contents to find what is most akin to me. That might also have something to do with my demon lineage." Ryūko didn't hesitate and opened the book to the Table of Contents. In there, the following were written.

Book's Table Of Contents

Chapter I - War of The Heavens
Chapter II - Fallen Angels
Chapter III - Sins From Humankind
Chapter IV - First Sin: Pride
Chapter V - Second Sin: Greed
Chapter VI - Third Sin: Envy
Chapter VII - Fourth Sin: Wrath
Chapter VIII - Fifth Sin: Lust
Chapter VIV - Sixth Sin: Gluttony
Chapter X - Seventh Sin: Sloth
Chapter XI - The Netherworld of The First Monarchs

  Clearly, this book was supposed to talk about the Netherworld's first seven princes. Ryūko knew the names of all seven. "This relic... I can't believe it reveals such information." She said as she read through until the fourth chapter's near end. Pride was the strongest sin associated to her, it reflects how she carries her reputation and the image she so deeply maintains through her hardwork. Upon that page, she thought something caught her.

"At present day, the last of the Lucifer Clan has left into shadow and hiding with their next generation absent. Those of the family would only know their lost descendant may return to the Netherworld, if word has it that their inheritant familiar- the Genesis serpant guarding the forsaken Garden of Eden, Nachash- ever is summoned and without death, all Lucifers will rise to their upcoming return to the throne. May they descend for beyond our barriers in this realm and hold blood of unlikely specimen. To their honour will they come home and retrive the royal throne, for it is the Lucifer Clan to be the first of all royals and defend the Netherworld as their pride and joy. Evolving yet secured to all forevermore."

  "This paragraph... it speaks of their descendant, missing in action, so the whole clan is in hiding becuase they're unable to go forward." Said Ryūko before she closed the book and remembers to mark the page she stopped at, "If I knew better, there's only one child they're missing according to singular nouns. But that has to wait, because I need to get back to sleep and prepare of the new term. Until then... Until then will I uncover it all."

A Few Days Later

In Iruma's Room

  Alikred was the first to get up and he was not happy at all. He needed Iruma to sit down. "You made me hold up a lot of mana, and you sure seemed to be enjoying yourself afterwards, L'il Iru!" Scolded Alikred, "You sure were getting cozy with someone! You have sone nerve! After all the suffering I've been through! When did you turn into such a rotten child?! Honestly, what do you want me to do?!" "I-I really am doing my best!" Argued Iruma. "Oh? Oh really?" Questioned Alikred while poking his cheek. Afterwards, Iruma got on his uniform ready before he and Ryūko met up with Asmodeus, Lavande and Clara at the gates. They all had large baggages, holding in their massive amounts of homework. And it was off to Babyls once again as the journey continues.

The End

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.7K 562 24
One soul, two reincarnations A shadow Master and A Living Doll Together they will work to solve the mystery of the shadow house with Kate and her dol...
611K 37.2K 101
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
673K 33.4K 24
↳ ❝ [ ILLUSION ] ❞ ━ yandere hazbin hotel x fem! reader ━ yandere helluva boss x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, a powerful d...
1.1M 48.8K 95
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC