Chapter XXIII [The One Who Rules Over The Netherworld]

Episode Release Date: 5th September 2021

In Sullivan's Mansion

  After a long holiday's spent with fun, Iruma was finay able to complete the massive amount of homework he had received. He was doing everything he could to finish it towards the end. "I was worried about all the extra homework we got, but..." Muttered Iruma. "That truly seemed like something Kalego-kun would do." Continued Opera. "I wasn't surprised, but I used to work overtime." Commented Ryūko, "That meant I was already developing a sense of workaholism and I was able to complete my Battler work and homework beforehand." But why exactly did Ryūko and Iruma get so much extra homework during the End-of-Terminus?

  To bring it all back, the Misfits and company had a competition whilst their time at Walter Park was spent. The group that had the most fun wins and the teachers would treat the winning team to something. Kalego allowed it but the losing team will have their homework doubled. And then, at a certain restaurant in town, Sullivan's winning verdict was all of the teams and he even said it was Kalego's treat to a grand meal. While most of the students began their lunch happily, Shichiro had a small concern. "Are you sure you're going to pay for everything, Kalego-kun?" He asked. "I'll be happy to pitch in." "Oh, I don't mind." Replied Kalego with a smirk, "If all of them won... that also means they're all in last place, too. The teams in last place, excluding students out of the Misfits, get double the homework, if I remember correctly." What?! Now that was a low blow of all loopholes! Of course, Ryūko and Lavande could only give a deadpanned face of obvious knowledge that Kalego would eventually find himself a loophole to get his way.

  But let's get that out of the way. With the End-of-Terminus coming a close and all assignments complete, the Suzuki twins have to also prepare for the next term of the year happening in autumn. That's where good and haopy Sullivan came to the room. "I'm pretty much done with all my work, and now you're done with your homework." He chimed, "We finally have time! Let's go!" That was another day for the carriage to be off. "Wh-Where exactly are we going?" Asked Iruma to Sullivan. "Given the autumn term is drawing nigh, we must browse for all supplies necessary for it." Said Ryūko. "Yep. You're going shopping with your grandpa for things you'll need for the new term." Said Sullivan, "Oh, right. Ryūko-chan and Iruma-kun, you'll need a disguise. You two are celebrities, so you're going to stand out!" Well, that's quite true, given what happened back at Walter Park. Sullivan conjured two pairs of detection-warding glasses for his grandchildren. With those on, they wouldn't be recognised nor have the press hounding on them. Upon receiving the pair, Ryūko briefly removed her glasses to take a better look at them. They may not look special to Iruma or Sullivan, but they reminded Ryūko of someone the more she looked at them. "Onē-chan. Are you okay?" Asked Iruma, snapping his sister out of trance. "I'm fine, Iruma." Replied Ryūko, "It's just... I can't help but notice they resemble Amy-senpai's detection-warding glasses. The more I stare into them, the more I'm reminding myself that he's with me in spirits despite the distances." "Oh, I'm sorry you have to go through things like this, Ryūko-chan." Apologised Sullivan, "But only time can tell if you can ever meet him in person again. You just need to trust the sands of time." "Yes. Maybe I should." Agreed Ryūko as she put them back on.

  Now about this location of shopping, Sullivan's mansion is near Babyls. Nearby, there's the dormitory where the teacher live, a park and a shopping district where you can find all kinds of goods named Magical Street. Upon arrival, many demons were surrounding Sullivan. It's no surprise he's popular as he's most likely a candidate to be the next Demon King. Luckily, those glasses were doing their work for Ryūko and Iruma as they were thought of as Sullivan's attendants.