The Toyman & His Wife (II)

By Angel_CTH

We moved from just outside of National City to Harbor City, it's a big jump for Nala. To go from flying thirt... More

Book Two
Moving On
Delivery
Uncle El
The Twin's First Christmas
The Dawn Of The Supers (I)
The Dawn of the Supers (II)
Another Time
Rath Of Aziz

Kissing El's

6 0 0
By Angel_CTH

About a month later...

"Aaaahhh... ba ba ba." Mary said.

"Yeah, you little rockstar." I said as she was on her stomach on the play mat, Bren was laying in his back shaking the rattle. "Mama should be home soon." The door bell rang. I used my hearing to hear who was at the door.

"No, I made it alright." Kara said on the phone. I used my speed to open the door and then sit back over with the kids. She came in, "why hello. You guys got super big. It's only been a month and a half. Hey Winn." She went and washed her hands.

"Hey Kara what brings you to Canada?" I asked as I held Brenden in my lap and Mary cooed again.

"Just visiting my niece and nephew, also decided I needed a break. Things are getting super rough." She said holding Mary. She began tickling Mary and Mary bursted out into laughter which then made Brenden laugh.

"You thought that was funny dude," I said lifting him to look at me. He looked at me and I began tickling him, "oh yeah." He then started laughing on his own.

Nala opened the door, "Do I hear my babies laughing and having a good time with Dad," she looked at us, "and Aunt Kara." She said and she came over and kissed Mary's forehead and then Brenden's. "Hey babe." She said to me and we shared a quick kiss. "Hello Kara. Long time no see." She said as she washed her hands.

"Seriously I miss you both in National City." She said as Mon-El came in.

"Did I leave... Kara." He said.

"Mon-El, fancy seeing you here." She said.

"I could say the same." He said.

"Hey how was work." I asked ending the tad bit of awkward silence.

"It was good to be back in a lab. But it's not my lab, I share it. The company owner said he was impressed with my resume and reference, but however I'm missing qualifications to operate my own lab, yet alone own floor." Nala said.

"Are you?" Kara and Mon-El asked at the same time.

"No, I'm not. He's just being an anti-feminist arrogant male. Who is clearly threatened by my intelligence." Nala said.

"So would you consider a new lab?" I asked.

"I would but until then I have to suffer and make the most of out this one." She said.

"How has everything been for you guys?" Kara asked.

"It's been good. Very light but hardly any real weird attacks." I said.

"It's been quiet. Parent life has been amazing probably rough on Winn for the first two weeks being here. But other than that not bad." Nala said.

"So Mon-El, how long are you in town for?" Kara asked.

"Um... just.. ah.. I'm staying. Not visiting." He said.

"Isn't something going to affect said timeline in the future?" She asked.

"Without me? No." He said.

"What about Irma? Wouldn't she miss you?" Kara asked and Nala took Mary from Kara.

"Would you look at that. It's feeding time for the twins. Winn would you join me upstairs for a moment." Nala said.

"Yup." I said as we went upstairs.

Mon-El's Perspective...

I sighed, "Well... there's no easy way to say this. She's dead Kara. And no matter how many times I went back, How many different ways I took, she died in my arms the same way every time. So because I went back so many times, I decided before I mess anything up further, I just come right back here. So I moved, I'm just the third house down from here. I help out with the twins as much as I can, and I have a job." I said.

"Oh, Mon-El. I'm sorry." She said as she hugged me.

"It's ok. I just decided to just go about my life." I said.

"Well that's good to hear." She said.

"Are you staying by any chance?" I asked her.

"Well originally I was going to go to Eliza's for the week but I guess staying here for a day wouldn't hurt." She said.

"You sure she wouldn't mind?" I asked.

"She didn't know I wasn't coming. So here is fine." She said.

"Do you need help with your bags?" I asked.

"No, it's actually quite alright Mon.. I," she started as I walked out to her car and came back with her bags, "got it."

"Sorry I've been having a hard time completely hearing since traveling so many times." I said and she scrunched her nose, smiled and took off her glasses.

"That's quite alright." She said.

"Please follow me." I said as we went upstairs and Winn and Nala were changing diapers at the same time.

"Ok. I'm done." Nala said.

"Me too." Winn said and they put the twins in one crib.

"Ok you two we will be right back." Nala said.

"Ok here's the guest room. Sorry it smells a lot like me, i was here for a month." I said to Kara.

"I don't mind." She said in a low tone. Almost too quiet to hear.

"Huh?" I asked.

"That's fine." She said.

"Dinner's ready." Nala said.

"Well I'll see you in a few." I said.

Winn's Perspective...

"The Ropa smells amazing." I said.

"Thank you. I really appreciate it." Nala said as Mon-El approached the table.

"I'm excited to taste it." He said. Kara came downstairs and Nala had the baby monitor clipped to her waistband as usual.

"I hope you guys enjoy." She said as we started serving.

About an hour later...

"That was amazing. I could eat several more." Kara said.

"Me too." Nala said and we laughed.

"This was great. Thanks for dinner." Mon-El said.

"Not a problem. Dinner at yours tomorrow?" Nala asked.

"No actually, so for the last minute cancellation but I have a date." Mon-El said.

"Is it with Ashley?" I asked.

"Yeah, yeah. We bumped into each other at the store and she helped me find everything I was looking for and I kind of asked her out to have dinner at this Hibachi place. It was just a friendly gesture, not to romantic." He said.

"Why would it not be romantic?" Kara asked.

"I told her to bring her sons. They are twins as well." He said.

"I mean good for you. For your attempt to get back out there." Nala said.

"Yeah. I mean, I couldn't imagine having to move on if I lost Nala." I said and Kara frowned.

"What?" Kara said.

"Yeah one of the side effects of my traveling back to the past of the future is Winn loosing any knowledge from that timeline. This being the reason why I said, I should just stay here." He said.

"No, no I think I remember." I said as I began trying to think about what happened.

"Honey, it's ok. I would rather you not remember." Nala said as she kissed my hand.

"I see." Kara said, Nala began picking up the dishes.

"Ah... I'll wash them." Mon-El said.

"I was just going to stick them in the dish washer." Nala said as one of the twins began to cry. She sighed, "alright, alright." She handed the dishes to Mon-El.

"I'm going downstairs." I said and I went downstairs.

Mon-El's Perspective...

"I'll dry them if you need the extra assistance." Kara offered.

"Yeah sure." I said said.

"So Ashley huh?" She asked.

"Yeah, it's funny at first she thought I was dating Winn." I said and we chuckled,

"Really? I mean you two would make a cute couple." She teased.

"Ha ha." I said sarcastically, "Anyways, then she seen Nala and was super confused."

"I could imagine. Did she see the twins?" She asked.

"Not until three days later. But I mean, I think she's nice." I said.

"That's good, but is she pretty?" She asked.

Not prettier than you. I thought to myself, I sighed. "I think she's good looking." I said as I looked at the dishes, I caught a quick glance at Kara as she adjusted her glasses. I didn't mean that, please don't take it into account.

"That's good to hear. I'm happy you are moving on from Irma." She said.

"I still miss her, but I know she'd want me to get on with my life." I said as I then looked at the now empty sink. Kara rubbed my back and placed her head on my shoulder. The sweet scent of vanilla filled my heart with joy, god I missed this. She then finished putting the dishes away.

"Well we did it." She said and we high five and closed our hands. Our fingers were intertwined and for a moment I swear there was that feeling of electricity and I knew she felt it too. She quickly pulled her hand away and took her glasses off. "I'm gonna shower." She said and she walked away before I could even say anything.

Winn's Perspective....

"Mon-El, where's Nala?" I asked him, and he remained silent. "Irma, please tell me you know where she is?"

"Winn.. I." She began as there was a chuckled laughter from behind me.

"You want to know don't you. How about you join her!!!" Drexel said as he tried to blast us with his Kryptonite ray, I blocked it with a shield. I looked at the empty crater, there were pieces of the cape Nala had.  I was filled with rage, none that I never felt before. I mustered up the strength and punched Drexel in the face. I broke his precious hoverboard and I tossed him into the ground. I was going to punch him but Mon-El stopped me.

"This is not going to bring her back." He said.

Drexel laughed, "Do it, finish me off. If you do, your daughter would never have the chance to see the light of day ever again." He said as I watched Mary look for me in the crowd of people. I moved away and a ship appeared lifting Drexel. "Don't try and wait for me to comeback. I'm going to every earth to destroy every version of her. She will not put an end to my plans." He went in his ship. I then called our ship.

"Winn don't do it. We have to think of a strategy as a team to stop him." Mon-El said.

"No. I'm going to do this alone." I said as Mary began to run across the field, her veins started to glow green.

"Daddy!" She yelled and she fell to her knees. I ran off the ship and scooped her up. She began coughing, "It burns." She said.

"Don't worry Daddy's here." I said.

"Winn... Winn... Winslow." Mon-El called to me. I jerked up and I was out of breath and I had tears in my eyes. Kara and Nala came downstairs.

"Winn are you ok?" Nala asked.

"I- you... what was that?" I managed to get out.

"What do you mean?" Kara asked.

"I... was at National City Park, fighting with Drexel, You were there, Irma was there. It was just Mary... I think you died." I said.

"Ooohhh ok.. I guess the effects are somewhat reversible." He said.

"Winn that's because it happened. The whole purpose of us being together right here, right now is because that happened. You came here, found me. We stopped him and prevented him from this time from turning into him from the future. And most importantly you saved me." Nala said holding my hand.

"So that did happen?" I asked.

"Yes, unfortunately that did happen. And Mary isn't technically supposed to be a twin but it works out to where she is one." He said.

"How?" I asked

"That's a don't ask don't tell kind of thing." He said.

"Ok. I think I just need to sleep in bed. With thoughts to avoid that. I now have a whooping headache." I said and Nala helped me upstairs.

Kara's Perspective...

"I guess I didn't mess it up as bad as I thought ." Mon-El said.

"I guess." I said.

"Kara, I'm sorry about what happened earlier." He said.

"What happened?" I asked.

"Me holding your hand." He said.

"Mon that's fine. Nothing happened." I lied.

"I know you felt what I felt." He said.

"Mon, I didn't feel anything. I don't know what you're talking about." I said trying to turn the attention towards something else, while trying to keep my heart rate normal.

"Ok. If nothing happened, why are you being so weird?" He asked me.

"You know it's normal old Kara. I'm just weird." I said trying to save myself.

"Ahuh. Ok. Well I'm going home. I'll see you guys for dessert tomorrow." He said.

"Ok." I said as he then walked upstairs to leave. I caught a quick glimpse of him looking back at me. Oh Mon-El, please stop being annoyingly cute for five seconds. Nala came back downstairs, she hugged me.

"Thanks for coming this week." She said.

"No problem." I said.

"Also welcome to our heroes underground." She said.

"Thank you for showing me the Legion lair." I said.

"No problem."  She said.

"Can I ask you something?" I asked.

"Sure." She said.

"Ok. So I like this guy," I began.

"William?" She asked.

"Ok, yes but there's this other guy." I said.

"Kara in a love triangle?" She asked.

"Yeah, I guess you can say that. But I mean it's hard to read him at times, how would I know he's interested?" I asked.

"When you know, you just know. All the signs would be there. He'd do things for you that you didn't ask, he'd pay attention to the small details, he'd try to keep you happy." She shared.

"Thanks." I said.

"You're welcome. I still can't believe all that time you spend with William you guys aren't together. I thought were for the longest. Yeah that double date night didn't help either did it." I said with an awkward grin.

"No it didn't, it was very believable. Work partners... tuh. You guys are perfect for each other. But this other guy, I can't wait to meet him one day." She said as I laughed.

"Oh trust me, he'd keep you laughing." I said.

"That's good to know." She said as we went upstairs.

About a week later...

"Ok I think that's the last of it." I said.

"Oh Kara we are going to miss you. Thanks for watching the twins." She said.

"Hey have either of you heard from Mon-El?" Winn asked.

"I though he was home?" I said.

"I went over there today and I used the spare key, and everything looks exactly the same as he left it last Saturday." He said.

"Wasn't that his date with Ashley?" She asked.

"Well let's go see our neighbor." He said. We went over to Ashley's. Winn rang the doorbell, Connor looked sad walking to the door. He then opened the door and hushed us.

"Where's your mom?" Winn asked.

"Shh... I don't want you guys getting hurt." Connor said.

"Why would we get hurt?" I asked. He looked behind him and Riley shook his head no.

"I can't go outside." Connor said.

"Ok then we will come in." Nala said.

"No. Please." He begged.

"Connor whose at the door?" The voice said.

"Just the paper man." Connor lied.

"Are you guys ok?" I asked as Connor closed the door.

"Ok. Not that that wasn't creepy." Nala said.

"Ok. I guess we are suiting up." Winn said.

"But someone needs to stay with the twins." I said and Nala smirked.

"Actually Jude was very thoughtful in his gift. We don't necessarily have to stay. We official have an A.R.C." She said.

"I love Jude for inventing that thing." He said as we went back to the house. Nala set it up and linked it to her watch.

"Ok, time to suit up. Oh wait," She said as she kissed both of her babies on their foreheads, "Momma promises this will be thirty minutes. Ok now we suit up."

"That is just so stinking cute." I said as we then suited up. We went back over to the Finch's house. Winn carefully opened the door.

"Where is everyone?" She asked.

"Looking for me." Ashely said with a blaster in hand and blasted Winn.

He fell to the ground, "Well that wasn't nice."

"Who are you?" Nala asked.

"I'm a alien hunter. I search for and destroy aliens. Fortunately for the Prince, I'd get paid a pretty penny for him." She said.

"Ok so you're a hunter. Great." Winn said as he stood up.

"So, two Kryptonians. And a human?" She asked.

"Well not exactly." He said.

"Either way, the more the merrier. And when I finish with you three, I'll be turning the kids in." She said.

"No one is laying a finger on our kids." Nala said as she then charged at her, Ashley blew a whistle and these dogs came out of thin air. "Get 'em boys." The dogs charged at Winn and myself and we were holding them off when it was just two, each one then doubled. Nala was shot at with a Kryptonite bullet. It grazed her cheek she touched the blood coming up from her cheek. "You know I don't think it's fair you have fun tools."

"You're right, how about a little hand to hand, with some Kryptonian metal made by someone in your family." She said.

"So you research." Nala said as they began to fight. I heard painful screams come from downstairs.

"Winn. Stop, I don't think we should hit these dogs. I think it's effecting the twins or it could be Mon-El." I said.

Winn heard the noise, "Ok, so let's tired them out." Winn and I ran outside.

Nala's perspective...

About five blows later...

I have bruises and tears in my suit. Ashley has quite a few bruises of her own. I tapped a button on my watch with notified a nearby DEO. We were both out of breath.

"Just give up Kryptonian." She said.

"I will not give up until justice prevails. And you, you need to be brought to justice." I said.

"Cute." She said pulling a knife out.

"Jeez, all of this for me." I said.

"I'm going to work on my carving skills." She said.

"I thought Halloween was over." I said as we began fighting again. She was trying to stab me in the eye I caught her hand. I then pushed her and she stumbled backwards. And bumped into a wall and laid on the ground. She was out cold, I went downstairs. Mon-El's whole face was red and puffy.

"Oh Mon." I said. There wasn't a lock or door handle on the air tight box. He threw up, and pointed to a machine. Her boys were tied up in a similar box but it seemed fine to me. I flipped a switch and Mon-El began gasping for air. He coughed, I ran over. "How do I open it?" I asked him. I heard water running and it was in the other box. The boys were bolted to the ground.

"There's a key." Riley said.

"A key where?" I asked.

"On her..." Connor said as the water filled up their box.

"Oh Rao..." I said.

"Nala flip it." Mon-El said to me.

"Ok." I said as I flipped the switch and the water slowly drained. Mon-El began coughing, his veins were turning black.

Conner coughed, "behind you!" He yelled and Ashley striked, I dodged it. She charged at me and I flipped her. I then had her against the wall, "where's the key?" I asked as Winn and Kara came down the stairs. The dogs did too, I looked away for just a second and she dropped the knife and hand it in her other hand and almost stabbed me in the thigh. I moved back and she accidentally hit the dog in the eye. Riley held his eye.

"She has them projecting." I said.

"We are just trying to tire them out." Kara said.

"I gave them a bunch of Adderall." She said.

"Oh boy, you are a difficult one. Ok where is the key?" I asked.

"How about I'll never give it to you." She said.

"That's not gonna work." I said as we held on to each other. This is taken a lot of energy out of me, I need a recharge. I lost my grip and the knife pierced right between my collarbone. I groaned and then I kicked her. She fell back and banged her head against the boys box. I fell backwards, and the dogs disappeared. I got up, Winn came over to me.

"This hurts I'm not going to lie." I said as I reached for it.

"Don't pull it." He said.

"If I don't pull it, my tissues will heal around it." I said.

"If you pull it you'll loose a lot of blood." He said.

"Guys I got the key." Kara said as she put it in the machine and turned it off. The led infested pipe stopped blowing and Mon-El was laying on his back.

"Go help the twins." I told Winn, he unlocked them and Kara went over to Mon-El. The DEO came downstairs and arrested the woman. A man came down.

"Boys." He said and Connor and Riley ran over to him.

"Dad." They cheered.

The man looked at us, "Thank you." He said.

"Sir? Sir, we need a rescue inhaler for him." An agent said over Mon-El.

"It's good to see the Super squad around here." An agent said to me.

"Super squad? No, it's the Legion." I said.

"So sorry. I'm Daniel." He said as he had a yellow sun lamp.

"Nice to me," I began as he then pulled the knife out of my shoulder, I groaned loudly, "meet you." I said.

"Sorry should've warned you Mrs. Schott." He said.

"Please call me Nala." I said as he gave me a cloth sling. "Ok let's get them over to HQ to be throughly assess." Daniel said.

"Wait." I said as I then checked my watch. My twins were still sound asleep.

"Ok, but as soon as one of my niños wake up, I'm going home." I said.

"Ok." Dan said.

The Next Day...
Winn's Perspective...

"Ok let's try this one more time. I have everything." Kara said.

"That's good. Thanks again for coming." Nala said.

"Yeah I had a good time. Although the other day, was the other day." Kara said as we nervously chuckled.

"Yeah, wave bye bye to aunt Kara." I said and Brenden literally waved. We were in shocked.

"Look at that he's waving already." I said as Mon-El walked over.

"I literally live next door now, DEO took care of it for me." Mon-El said.

"That's good I'm glad to hear." Kara said.

"Yeah. Thank you guys for finding me. I would've been a goner. Literally, I felt like I was wasting away." He said.

"Yeah, now that we are in contact with the DEO here. You can use the database for background checks." Nala said.

"Yeah. Thank you Kara for checking on me last night." He said to her.

"I'm going to grab their bottles." I told Nala.

"Ok." She said.

Kara's Perspective...

Winn went inside and began making their bottles.

"No, no not that one. I'll be right back." Nala said as she walked in to the house. Mon-El and I laughed.

"So you're going?" He asked.

"Yeah. It's time for supergirl to return to National City." I said.

"I'll miss you around here." He said.

"I'll be back." I said.

"Oh I got you something the other day on my way home from work." He said as he gave me the small baby blue box. It was a necklace, "It made me think of you."

"Mon, you didn't have too." I said.

"I wanted to. Merry late Chris," he began as I crashed my lips on his. I stopped and we looked at each other, he kissed me again.

"Ok Kara I got you... oh." Nala said.

"Hey you should be wea... o-ok." Winn said as we stopped kissing. I buried my head in his chest, he oddly smelled like maple syrup. He wrapped his arms around me.

"So," Nala giggled, "this means you'll eventually come back. Here's food for the road and we will be seeing you. Safe travels cousin." She said as we hugged.

Winn's Perspective...

Kara got in her car and drove off.

"Did I miss something?" Nala asked.

"Nope." Mon-El said.

"So you two are dating again?" I asked.

"I want to say yes." He said.

"Do you think she'll tell anyone yet?" She asked.

"Probably not right away." He said.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

286K 9.4K 56
When he denied his own baby calling her a cheater. "This baby is not mine." But why god planned them to meet again? "I would like you to transfer in...
149K 4.5K 48
matilda styles, will you be my valentine? (please reject me so i can move on) ⋆ ˚。⋆୨💌୧⋆ ˚。⋆ IN WHICH christopher sturniolo falls for nepo baby or...
987K 37.2K 88
𝗟𝗼𝘃𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗹𝗶𝗸𝗲 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗳𝗶𝗿𝗲, 𝗹𝘂𝗰𝗸𝗶𝗹𝘆 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗵𝗲𝗿, 𝗔𝗻𝘁𝗮𝗿𝗲𝘀 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 �...
2.3M 118K 65
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...