āœ”ļøš‘†š‘‡š‘‚š¶š¾š»š‘‚šæš‘€ š‘†š‘Œš‘š·...

By -SKYDRAGONN-

"š–š”š² ššØš§'š­ š²šØš® šœšØš¦š©š„ššš¢š§ š­šØ š¬šØš¦šžšØš§šž š°š”šØ šœššš«šžš¬." "šŒššš§ š²šØš®'š«šž šš š«šž... More

Ėœ*ā€¢.šš’šš—šššš›šš˜
Ėœ*ā€¢.šš˜šš—ššŽ
Ėœ*ā€¢.šššš šš˜
Ėœ*ā€¢.šššš‘šš›ššŽššŽ
Ėœ*ā€¢.šššš˜ššžšš›
Ėœ*ā€¢.šššš’ššŸššŽ
Ėœ*ā€¢.ššœšš’šš”
Ėœ*ā€¢.ššœššŽššŸššŽšš—
Ėœ*ā€¢.ššŽšš’šššš‘šš
Ėœ*ā€¢.šš—šš’šš—ššŽ
Ėœ*ā€¢.ššššŽšš—
Ėœ*ā€¢.ššŽšš•ššŽššŸššŽšš—
Ėœ*ā€¢.šššš ššŽšš•ššŸššŽ
Ėœ*ā€¢.šššš‘šš’šš›ššššŽššŽšš—
Ėœ*ā€¢.šššš˜ššžšš›ššššŽššŽšš—
Ėœ*ā€¢.šššš’ššššššŽššŽšš—
Ėœ*ā€¢.ššœšš’šš”ššššŽššŽšš—
Ėœ*ā€¢.ššœššŽššŸššŽšš—ššššŽššŽšš—
Ėœ*ā€¢.ššŽšš’šššš‘ššššŽššŽšš—
Ėœ*ā€¢.šš—šš’šš—ššŽššššŽššŽšš—
Ėœ*ā€¢.šššš ššŽšš—šššš¢
Ėœ*ā€¢.šššš ššŽšš—šššš¢-šš˜šš—ššŽ
Ėœ*ā€¢.šššš ššŽšš—šššš¢-šššš šš˜
Ėœ*ā€¢.šššš ššŽšš—šššš¢-šššš‘šš›ššŽššŽ
Ėœ*ā€¢.šššš ššŽšš—šššš¢-šššš˜ššžšš›
Ėœ*ā€¢.šššš ššŽšš—šššš¢-šššš’ššŸššŽ
Ėœ*ā€¢.šššš ššŽšš—šššš¢-ššœšš’šš”
Ėœ*ā€¢.šššš ššŽšš—šššš¢-ššœššŽššŸššŽšš—
Ėœ*ā€¢.šššš ššŽšš—šššš¢-šš—šš’šš—ššŽ
Ėœ*ā€¢.šššš‘ššŽ šš—šš˜ššššŽ
Ėœ*ā€¢.šššš‘šš’šš›šššš¢
Ėœ*ā€¢.šššš‘šš’šš›šššš¢-šš˜šš—ššŽ
Ėœ*ā€¢.šššš‘šš’šš›šššš¢-šššš šš˜
Ėœ*ā€¢.šššš‘šš’šš›šššš¢-šššš‘šš›ššŽššŽ
Ėœ*ā€¢.šššš‘šš’šš›šššš¢-šššš˜ššžšš›
Ėœ*ā€¢.šššš‘šš’šš›šššš¢-šššš’ššŸššŽ
Ėœ*ā€¢.šššš‘šš’šš›šššš¢-ššœšš’šš”
Ėœ*ā€¢.šššš‘šš’šš›šššš¢-ššœššŽššŸššŽšš—
Ėœ*ā€¢.šššš‘šš’šš›šššš¢-ššŽšš’šššš‘šš
Ėœ*ā€¢.šššš‘šš’šš›šššš¢-šš—šš’šš—ššŽ
Ėœ*ā€¢.šššš˜šš›šššš¢
Ėœ*ā€¢.šššš˜šš›šššš¢-šš˜šš—ššŽ
Ėœ*ā€¢.šššš˜šš›šššš¢-šššš šš˜
Ėœ*ā€¢.šššš˜šš›šššš¢-šššš‘šš›ššŽššŽ
Ėœ*ā€¢.šššš˜šš›šššš¢-šššš˜ššžšš›
Ėœ*ā€¢.ššŽšš™šš’šš•šš˜ššššžššŽ

Ėœ*ā€¢.šššš ššŽšš—šššš¢-ššŽšš’šššš‘šš

1.2K 56 192
By -SKYDRAGONN-

"...𝙞𝙩'𝙨 𝙬𝙝𝙖𝙩'𝙨 𝙗𝙚𝙩𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙗𝙤𝙩𝙝 𝙤𝙛 𝙪𝙨..."

⊱ ──────ஓ๑♡๑ஓ ────── ⊰

After telling Draken about what happened, you rushed to the nearest hospital, hoping Baji would be there. To your luck, the two men from before, Sanzu and Hakkai, were already there, sitting in the waiting area.

"Here's some coffee," Sanzu said, handing you a hot paper cup. "You look like you need it."

"How long have you guys been here?" you asked, taking a sip of coffee. It was bland, but you didn't care.

"We hitched a ride on the back of the ambulance and got off right before they pulled up to the hospital. So probably 30 minutes now," Sanzu shrugged.

"How come he isn't talking? He was so talkative before," you said, pointing to Hakkai.

"That was very out of character for him." Sanzu leans in close to whisper to you. "Between you and I, he finds it extremely difficult to speak to women."

"No, I don't!" Hakkai protested.

"So go speak to her while I have a chat with the nurses," Sanzu offered. "It's not like you can speak to the nurses either, they're all women in this unit."

"You guys are so dramatic. I'll go speak to them," you sighed, rolling your eyes.

Ignoring the bickering next to you, you get up and walk toward the front desk. The nurse looks up from her computer at you and then goes back to what she was doing.

"Hello?" you asked, offended by her lack of manners.

"What?" she questioned, irritated.

"I'd like to know the status on Baji Keisuke," you firmly spoke.

"Are you family?" she asked, refusing to look up from her computer.

"Yes," you replied, not hesitating in the slightest.

"And who are you exactly...?" she continued to bombard you with questions.

"His wife."

"His wife?" she looked at you suspiciously under her glasses.

"Yes."

"You're not on his emergency contact list."

"How would you know if you never asked for my name?" you tried to make the most out of the situation, making sure to avoid pissing off the nurse further.

She continued to eye you skeptically.

"We just got married. He didn't get to finish doing the paperwork yet," you lied, hoping she would believe you.

She continued to stare at you intently, not believing a word you've said so far. "Mhm," she nodded. "Well, it doesn't matter who you are right now because he's still in surgery. The doctor will come to find you when he's out. Just sit and wait for now."

"Thank you, ma'am," you bow, walking back to Sanzu and Hakkai.

"Well...? Any news?" Sanzu asked.

"Nope. We'll just have to wait until the doctor comes out of surgery and gives us an update," you sighed, kicking your feet up and placing them on the table in front of you.

"That's annoying as hell," Sanzu sighed. "Well, let's take turns sleeping up. I'll stay up, for now, then Hakkai and then you. Okay?"

"Sounds fine," you nodded, already drifting off to sleep.

┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊

You weren't sure how much time passed after you fell asleep, but you woke up to feel someone vigorously shaking your shoulders.

"Huh?" you said, blinking rapidly.

"The doctor just came by," Hakkai nervously said.

Your eyes grew large. "What did they say?"

"He's—"

┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊

"HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!" everyone shouted in the large apartment.

"Happy New Year, bestie," Chifuyu whispered in your ear, giving you a side hug.

"Happy New Year Chifuyu," you smiled, hugging him.

He looked at you nervously. "How are you feeling?"

"As good as I can be, I guess," you sighed, swishing your champagne in your glass.

Chifuyu studied your face for any hint of discontent, but he couldn't figure out what you were thinking. "Well let's have a good night and worry about the rest tomorrow."

"Cheers to that," you fake smile, clinking glasses with him.

For the rest of the night you tried your best to socialize but no longer had the energy to interact with anyone.

"Hey, Kanari-chan! I'm heading back home. Do you want a ride to your house?" Mikey asked, noticing you putting on your shoes.

"No, it's okay. I'm not drunk and I drove here," you smiled.

"Are you sure? It's no problem for me. Your place is on the way to mine."

"Oh. I was actually going to go to Baji's place," you said, continuing to put on your shoes. Immediately everyone in the room grew quiet.

"I don't think that's a good idea," Takemichi said.

"Me neither. Just go home and we'll deal with everything else tomorrow," Draken said, agreeing with Takemichi for the first time.

You stare at everyone in disbelief. "Guys I'm literally fine!"

"When do you think she's gonna crack?" Angry whispered to Smiley.

"Dunno. But it's not gonna be pretty," Smiley said, trying to keep up a smile for your sake.

Emma came up to you, engulfing you in a hug. "Babe we're all here for you."

"Why are you guys treating me like a porcelain doll? I'm fine. Baji's fine. Everything is FINE!" you storm out of Chifuyu's apartment and head toward your car.

"The nerve for them to act like I'm on the brink of having a mental breakdown," you scoff, throwing your purse in the passenger seat.

flashback

"He's what, Hakkai?" you asked.

Hakkai's words were getting caught in his throat. "H-he didn't make it."

"W-what do you mean he didn't make it? Stop fucking with me," you laughed in disbelief.

"He's serious," Sanzu said, coming up behind Hakkai. "That's what the doctor said. He lost too much blood during the surgery."

"Let me see him! Now!" you shouted, jumping up out of your seat.

"That's not a good idea," Sanzu warned, trying to comfort you.

"No I need to see him," you started to cry.

"What are you gonna see? His lifeless body? The doctor didn't even bother to stitch him back up after he died. Mikey and everyone else are coming right now. Just sit tight until they get here," Sanzu said, rubbing your shoulder.

Hakkai stood up and followed after Sanzu. He looked back at you with pity in his eyes before turning around and continuing behind his friend.

You stayed where you were—in shock and confusion. Slumping in your seat, your eyes began to water, but no tears were falling down your face.

"He can't be dead."

end of flashback

There was a light tap on your side of the window, shaking you out of your thoughts.

"Fuck Hina you scared me," you exhaled.

"Sorry," she mouthed.

You rolled down the window so you could hear her better.

"Are you okay?" she asked, genuinely concerned.

"I'm completely fine," you smiled.

She stared at you, worried by your behavior. "It's okay to grieve," she sympathetically replied.

"Can you guys stop treating me like a child? I said I'm fine," you scowled, hitting the steering wheel.

"Oh. Um...okay," she softly said. "Get home safe."

You watched as she walked away and back inside the apartment. "Hina!" you called out, but it was too late—she already left.

"Ugh. Why am I treating everyone around me like shit?" you sighed, starting up the car.

Driving out of the parking lot, you headed in the direction of Baji's apartment.

When he and Chifuyu finished high school, they wanted to be roommates, but everyone told them it wouldn't be a good idea. So instead, they opted to live within walking distance from each other. You couldn't help but chuckle at the thought of those two being roommates.

It took you no more than two minutes to pull into the parking garage of Baji's building. You grabbed your things and headed toward the lobby.

"Good Evening Ma'am," the security guard bowed.

"Good Evening," you smiled, walking toward the elevator. Everything about his building felt so natural to you. Being with him felt natural.

Getting off the elevator and walking into his apartment felt like a part of your daily routine. And if you skipped a day, you'd fall out of habit.

"Baji I'm ho— Oh, that's right. He's not here," you somberly said, kicking off your shoes and throwing your bag on the side table.

You thought back to the mission and how everything went horribly wrong. After the scuffle between Baji and Kazu, and Kisaki's injury, the fighting seized, with much of Tōman's members injured.

Kazutora was taken by Draken to be held in Tōman's custody and questioned. Shuji and Kisaki managed to escape with no one seeing them, so it left you all back at square one.

And with Baji's death, it's only caused Tōman further drawbacks. But everyone seemed to be handling it in their own way.

Everyone just seems to be struggling to believe that he's really gone.

You walked to the shower, trying to get your thoughts together.

"Baji why did you do this to me?" you cried out in agony, repeatedly hitting the shower wall.

Third Person POV

"How long are you going to keep this up?" Chifuyu asked, turning to face his friend. Baji had called him immediately after his surgery begging him to tell everyone to keep his status a secret. Of course, Chifuyu was confused and a bit disgruntled, but he agreed. The only people in Toman who knew that Baji was still alive were Hakkai, Sanzu, and Chifuyu. Not even Mikey or Draken knew.

"Chi I almost died. I can't put her through that anymore. I need her to forget about me," Baji said.

"Do you think that's fair to her?"

"Stop."

"You're being selfish. You love her just as much as she loves you. Are you just gonna throw that all away because you almost died?" Chifuyu wasn't letting Baji off that easy.

"I'm not being selfish. It's what's better for the both of us," Baji sighed, running his hands through his long hair. "Give her this note for me."

"No," Chifuyu protested.

"Please?" Baji begged.

"Where are you going? Why can't you give it to her yourself? Or how about you tell her you're alive?"

"Chifuyu, please. You're asking me too many questions. I'll be back, but I just need some time alone right now," Baji solemnly replied. Leaving you hurt worse than any physical pain he had ever experienced. Almost dying in your arms and seeing the look of misery on your face was something he never wanted to see again.

"I don't care. You're hurting your girlfriend right now!" Chifuyu was practically screaming.

"I hate when you get like this," Baji rolled his eyes. In a flash, he punched his friend in the face, immediately knocking him out. "Just give her the note for me please," Baji whispered, stuffing the note in Chifuyu's pocket.

"Later Chi."

⊱ ──────ஓ๑♡๑ஓ ────── ⊰

besties please don't hate me :(

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

54.1K 2.6K 28
š—¬/š—” š—¶š˜€ š—® š—¹š—²š—®š—±š—²š—æ š—¼š—³ š—® š—Æš—¶š—øš—²š—æ š—“š—®š—»š—“ š—•š—¹š—®š—°š—ø š— š—®š—ŗš—Æš—®, š˜„š—µš—¶š—°š—µ š—¶š˜€ š—¼š—»š—² š—¼š—³ š˜š—µš—² š˜š—¼š—½ š—Æš—¶š—øš—²š—æ š—“š—®š—»š—“š˜€ š—¶š—» š—§...
122K 4.2K 36
ā•°ā”ˆāž¤ ā š—œš—» š˜„š—µš—¶š—°š—µ (š—¬/š—») (š—Ÿ/š—») š˜„š—®š—øš—²š˜€ š˜‚š—½ š—¶š—» š—µš—²š—æ š—³š—®š˜ƒš—¼š˜‚š—暝—¶š˜š—² š—ŗš—®š—»š—“š—® š—®š˜€ š˜š—µš—² š—½š—暝—¼š˜š—®š—“š—¼š—»š—¶š˜€š˜, š—›š—®š—»š—®š—“š—®š—øš—¶...
67K 4.1K 33
ā š¢ ššš¦ š§šØš° šœš„ššš¢š¦š¢š§š  š²šØš® ššš¬ š¦š² šŖš®šžšžš§ āž āž›š—†š–ŗš—š—Œš—Žš—‡š—ˆ š–¼š—š—‚š–暝—Žš—’š—Ž š—‘ š–暝–¾š—†. š—‹š–¾š–ŗš–½š–¾š—‹ āž›š—‚š—‡ š—š—š—‚š–¼š—, š—…/š—‡ š—’/š—‡...